Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684466 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Is it possible to edit a submitted forms? I don't think so
Nope. I'm referring to the one on the device.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hi guys.

For those who succeeded in paying their school fees, what bank did you use?

How fast was it? I want to make school fees payment.

Thank you. I anticipate your kind response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
Soulz22:

How much was your medical and did you book appointment or it just walk-in?

So sorry I did my medicals at Qlife... it costs 40k and I booked my appointment online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Foski01:
The Eagle has landed.. PPR guys!
It came in yesterday.

Did medicals 17th, June.
Medicals updated: passed 22nd June.

Passport request (PPR) 24th.

I'm currently in lagos what company is most reliable to send documents? Where should it be sent and how much..

Pls help guys... thanks.

Congratulationsss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maestro09: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Please should I transfer my funds from my salary account - which is not the MBS platform to another of my account that I rarely use but on the MBS platform.

Is it advisable to do that and then provide an updated statement of account for salary account showing that I made the transaction from my account just for the sole purpose of generating an MBS.

I am considering this as it seems IRCC is mainly focused on those with the full NSE requirements.

Note: I submitted my application with IELTS of band 8 and I also received a request letter for MBS to which I responded with the same traditional account statement alongside a letter explaining that my bank isn’t in the MBS platform.

Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CrownTdan: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Amen!

Thank you very much.

Echogrey:

Aww!!! Congratulations my friend! May the land favour you. So happy!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MShud: 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Thane:
Hi Guys,

I have tried reading this thread for some hours now, so much information. I currently have an information overload so Im asking for help for someone to simplify things please.

Make una no vex. I just need someone to point me to the first things that I need to do to start this process.

I'm 26, 1 yr post Nysc, I have only just intl passport.

Please help me bosses

Apply to a Certified DLI in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dabricious: 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
Huh? 50k for what? If you are in Lagos I can give you the contact of an ASP that can do it for 5,000. Please don't fall for any scammer oh
Oluwa18:
Quick question:
How much is it to get police report?
I’m being told to pay 50k .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
Congratulations to you!!! What a long wait!
Thank God it finally ended in praise. I'm happy for you.

Foski01:
The Eagle has landed.. PPR guys!
It came in yesterday.

Already differed to January 2022.

2nd application
Applied Dec 28th, 2020

NSE request Jan 4th 2021
I opted out: did nothing and allowed the 30days reply period elapse.

Got an update on the official receipt of application and commencement of processing of application 8th Feb 2021.

My program was to resume 17th May, 2021. Got no response. I lost hope. Started preparing for yet another application for September and hoped to apply to other countries because I definitely had to leave this country.
I dragged my feet rather than differ immediately hence Sept 2021 was filled and had to differ to Jan 2022.

Applied gcms 20th May... silly me, should have done that earlier... ( felt like they abandoned by application until the 3rd party company asked for an update on the application)

Medical request came June 3rd 2021,

Did medicals 17th, June.
Medicals updated: passed 22nd June.

Passport request (PPR) 24th.

I'm currently in lagos what company is most reliable to send documents? Where should it be sent and how much..

Pls help guys... thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by modupsie(f): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good evening everyone,

Please can I use my LATE father's landed properties as home ties? There's no will but I think the surname and my birth certificate should be enough proof. Or can I just use a shop my father bought in my name which I'm currently using for my business as home ties?

P.s: I'm self sponsored plus my husband is co- sponsoring me.

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tols4gorgeous(f): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
hello, I also got admission to Crandall Uni for Winter, please can I ask you some questions if you dont mind send me your email addy.

jimogh111:
Hello everyone, please I need some information on school fees payment to Crandall University, New Brunswick. Does anyone know if there are any other ways school fee can be paid to the university other than through the PayMyTuition Platform because the exchange rates on that platform is very expensive compared to making use of the Form A medium. Please help out if you have any idea, also I wouldn’t mind getting ideas from current Crandall University students too and prospectives who already paid their tuition fees as well. Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tols4gorgeous(f): 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
please how did you book online. Thanks in anticipation.

Shenaniganzzz:

So sorry I did my medicals at Qlife... it costs 40k and I booked my appointment online

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Use both o
Anything to convince them you are coming back.
modupsie:
Good evening everyone,

Please can I use my LATE father's landed properties as home ties? There's no will but I think the surname and my birth certificate should be enough proof. Or can I just use a shop my father bought in my name which I'm currently using for my business as home ties?

P.s: I'm self sponsored plus my husband is co- sponsoring me.

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/cim-terms-and-conditions

Start from there.
Book and pay.

tols4gorgeous:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
CC ekulu77 Shupy Mofolam

Thank you very much for your response to my question yesterday. I am very grateful, and I appreciate the kind effort.

The consent letter has been written (still need someone to review though), and I have started on the Statement of Purpose.

I want to know if it's too late to apply for a study permit. What's my chance of receiving a positive response before September? Also, the tuition is quite expensive (UofA), so the school has let us pay 50 percent now and the remaining by January. Should I reflect that in my application and do I also need a cover note from the university for that?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:
Hi Everyone
Please can I get suggestions of universities for MSc in Canada
Your question is quite generic, what Program for MSC are you looking out for? Cos they are uncountable number of Universities in Canada offering Masters degree programs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Congratulations in Advance bro !

Thanks o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
I am also going to UofA. What program are you going for? And how much is your tuition? Because from what I am seeing from other people's post here....UofA tuition isn't that expensive. As for your chances of receiving a positive response....I am not sure someone here can categorically tell you when you will receive a response but to increase your chances, submit your application with MBS of at least 30kCAD, IELTS and upfront medical.

This is my opinion tho

TheDarkGamer:
CC ekulu77 Shupy Mofolam

Thank you very much for your response to my question yesterday. I am very grateful, and I appreciate the kind effort.

The consent letter has been written (still need someone to review though), and I have started on the Statement of Purpose.

I want to know if it's too late to apply for a study permit. What's my chance of receiving a positive response before September? Also, the tuition is quite expensive (UofA), so the school has let us pay 50 percent now and the remaining by January. Should I reflect that in my application and do I also need a cover note from the university for that?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
Even if you pay 50%, be sure to have the balance of your tuition and other fees, your living expenses and money for miscellaneous as evidence of proof of funds. I don't think you need any cover letter for that. You can explain in your SOP that you have made part payment of your Tuition and you have the balance in your account.

Again this is my opinion.

TheDarkGamer:
CC ekulu77 Shupy Mofolam

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
shawn55ng:

NSE requested for my ielts but I got a bank score of minimum of 6 but when I check their letter well they said minimum of 6 in all skills

I.e S-6,L-6,R-6 and W-6 but I got S-7, W-6,R-5.5,L-5.5 total band score 6.

Now i met the total band score 6 but their letter says in all the skills.
I was given till today 25th to upload my ielts but this scores got me confused and I uploaded letter given to me from school for proficiency in English.

Please gurus, as I am depressed now, what advise do you have for me.

Expert in the house please help me. Someone should attend to my request. Have posted this before nobody said anything. Help! Help!! Help!!!

Same as mine but I submitted it anyways. You can get approved with or without low ielts. And you can also submit MBs alone and tell them to process it through normal route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Hazardd(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok

Google search thoroughly the following Microbiology Related Programs, check their overview, Course curriculum (course outline), check to know their tuition amount for international students (so you can know the amount you gonna budget for in terms of school fees), then choose the one that suites you and apply

PG. Cert, Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment (EMPD)
Cambrian College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Environmental Management & Assessment
Niagara College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Food Safety and Quality Assurance – Food Processing
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Food Safety & Quality Assurance Management
Lambton College, Toronto, Ontario

PG. Cert, Ecosystem Restoration
Niagara College, Ontario

Below are Documents Needed for PG.Cert Admission to a College in Canada, most especially to a college that requires you to apply via the Ontariocollege.ca international portal

Proof of Citizenship
- Birth Certificate
- International passport Data Page (Valid one and has not expired, )

Academic Documents
-Certificate
- Transcript

Supporting Documents (This is Optional but the availability of these other documents can boost your chances for the admission)
-Recommendation letter (from your boss where you did your PPA or a Lecturer that taught you a Microbiology course or your Final year project supervisor)
-Letter of Confirmation of English Language proficiency
- Cover Letter
- Professional certificates (if any)
-Résumé (Canadian Style)

Finally, you can get across to members on this platform with your questions, cos there are students and alumnus of the above schools here who can give you a based on experience response if you encounter any challenge or have questions

Note
Your admission should be for JANUARY 2022 (Winter Session), so you can have enough time to process & submit your Study Visa Application after gaining admission

Good Luck!!
thanks so much... Am much enlighten now..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SoFaithly: 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
I admire your sincerity and the steps you have taken to further your cause; I hereby, volunteer to lend the leading you have asked for. Message me and let's take it up from there. God bless you.

Thane:
Hi Guys,

I have tried reading this thread for some hours now, so much information. I currently have an information overload so Im asking for help for someone to simplify things please.

Make una no vex. I just need someone to point me to the first things that I need to do to start this process.

I'm 26, 1 yr post Nysc, I have only just intl passport.

Please help me bosses

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by modupsie(f): 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lianna2020:
Use both o
Anything to convince them you are coming back.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
You could help him here .
Others like him could learn .
SoFaithly:
I admire your sincerity and the steps you have taken to further your cause; I hereby, volunteer to lend the leading you have asked for. Message me and let's take it up from there. God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
The chances are slim of getting a decision before the start of your program according to all what I've read in this forum. it can also be decided before the start of your program because the new duration for study permit according to IRCC is now 7 weeks but they rarely keep up to their words. But, what God cannot do doesn't exist .
I don't think it's advisable to state that in your SOP about the school granting you an opportunity to balance up by January because you're trying to convince them that you have enough funds for your stay in their country . You can also book for upfront medicals to accelerate the response your application because available dates are quite far .
Get knowledgeable people to read your SOP and any other letters because that was what I did .I allowed my uncle proof read and some other family members. There also good people here which can be of help to you too. But don't make the mistake of posting it here as it can be plagiarized at the beginning of the thread you'll see some guidelines of what should be included in an SOP.
TheDarkGamer:
CC ekulu77 Shupy Mofolam

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Trying to figure out how this thing works.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
EmeeNaka:
So long as you have not gone for Biometrics, there is nothing going on with your Visa application if he has applied sef. And how can he apply without your knowledge? Or bank statement? Or Family Information?

I actually filled family information and submitted bank statement. I think that was the last thing he asked me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
lawfree638:

I think the tone of your conversation with this agent is disturbing. You paid for service not begging to be served.

This one shock & choke me!

Okay! Since he said you haven't been denied or refused, simply tell him to share your your gckey login details.

If he can't, then this is a serious foul play that needs someone to visit the station!

Please I want to even know how you confirmed the admission. You sent the school an email with your offer letter or the agent did and sent you a screenshot?

I actually sent a mail to their official email address on their official website and attached the admission letter to it for confirmation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onyek82(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
kelvine95:

Hi skull4eva,

So my study permit was approved last week but I had to defer to Fall 2021 from Summer 2021.

What are the process involved in informing IRCC? I got my new admission letter today, and I can get a new funding letter from my supervisor if need be.

I just got acceptance letter from CNA Canada on the 24th June and my application is for fall 2021 please is there time frame on the date of application for fall study permit? Can my Visa still be approved for fall 2021 even if it came late? I am confused I want to summit my documents before 25th July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
tols4gorgeous:

Go to the site qlifefamilyclinic.com and select "canada screening". It's under "booking" section. Then follow the other processes; select the number of persons you're booking for, the date, time and then proceed to payment. After payment, you'll be sent a mail. You still have to fill some forms containing your names etc online. Its not that difficult tho...

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fatty4jesus(f): 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hello Everyone

New here!

@lekiboboe trust you are well.please can you assist with PG Cert for Computer Science.Also I am a single mom with a 9month old which do you suggest as per the best route-Express Entry or Study.

Please bear in mind that I have a 3rd class in computer science, finished in 2013, Nysc was 2015, started working 2017 in financial institution, still there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onyek82(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
Girus in the house I just got acceptance letter from CNA Canada on the 24th June and my application is for fall 2021 please is there time frame on the date of application for fall study permit? Can my Visa still be approved for fall 2021 even if it came late? I am confused I want to summit my documents before 25th July..if I apply for Visa for fall 2022 in July is there hope it will be approved? Please I need ur contribute

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.