Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684170 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kriptune: 2:10am On Jul 22, 2021
Petrrr:
this is the reason I was denied the visa. What do you think I should do now?

What documents did you submit? Pls list all of them, that will help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ThePianoGuy: 2:21am On Jul 22, 2021
em3kae88:
Hello Guys,
I am about to start the study visa application. I'm not resident in Nigeria at the moment and would like to use my bank account in Nigeria as part of document. Is it possible to get it from my bank? Anyone got experience in obtaining statements without physically going to the branch?

Thanks
am in this same situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ThePianoGuy: 2:22am On Jul 22, 2021
em3kae88:
Hello Guys,
I am about to start the study visa application. I'm not resident in Nigeria at the moment and would like to use my bank account in Nigeria as part of document. Is it possible to get it from my bank? Anyone got experience in obtaining statements without physically going to the branch?

Thanks
please check your mail. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by em3kae88: 2:24am On Jul 22, 2021
ThePianoGuy:
please check your mail. thanks

Replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 2:37am On Jul 22, 2021
My people from the bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
As is our slogan: It will go round and end in praises!

Lonnnnnnnng Post Alert!!!!

One of my numerous mantras is: “As long as there is life, there is hope”.

First of all.....TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!
I choose this moniker “CHIKACIC” meaning: God pass Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). My story will throw more light.

Personal profile:
I am 43. YES! I am a 43 year old lawyer, wife and mother of three (2 boys and 1 girl).

My quest for visa started way back in 2003/2004; during Law School/after the death of my father/NYSC.

First UK visa application (Visit) was in 2004 - refused.
Second UK visa application (Visit) in 2006 - refused.
Third UK visa application (Study) in 2008 - refused.
Fourth UK visa application (Visit) in 2011 - approved.
Fifth UK visa application (Visit) in 2020 - approved, but wasn’t used cos of COVID.

My interest has always been in the UK, because that’s where I have family members (a distant Uncle and 2 younger sisters), one of whom is my financial sponsor together with her husband and conquering my study visa refusal has always been on my bucket list.
Post 2008, I have continuously applied and received countless admission letters for graduate studies in the UK, but God said no it is not yet my time. God willing, I hope to check that off in my bucket list in the nearest future.
In 2013/2014, US Diversity Visa lottery caught my interest before it was later scrapped for Nigeria (heard we have exceeded our quota limit).
My interest in Canada started in 2015 as per Express Entry, but my scores and funds were low ( family of 4 then).
I gave birth to my daughter in April 2017, which was the year they had the lowest score till date in the Express entry (FSWP) history. (415 in April and 413 in May). My score was fluctuating between 420/414. Unfortunately, I missed that opportunity because I stopped monitoring the program during my pregnancy. I got to know about the scores later in the year. Mennnn, e painnnn me, I no go lie. Since then, the scores has not favored me because of age (the policy of -5 marks after every birthday). So all eyes moved to study visa. The rest they say is history.

BUT I WILL STILL TESTIFY TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE:

First time applicant to Canada.

Upfront Medical: February 10
Submitted online with IELTS: March 1
(This was the IELTS I wrote in April 2019 for Express Entry to expire April 2021). I also wrote another one in March 2021 as the previous one is about to expire.
Biometric Request: March 2
Biometric Completed: March 4
I didn’t notice when my Background check started.
NSE Request for POF: March 5 to expire on April 5 (which I ignored because of UK sponsors).
Medical Passed: March 9

Then eerie silence.......no update whatsoever for almost 5 months. (March 9 to July 21). This platform helped me a lot during this period. You all are the bomb!

I think sometime in May I sent a LOE to Nairobi via web form and email explaining why I ignored the NSE request because my POF came from the UK. Receipt acknowledged, but no official response.

Then in June I did three things:

1. 7th June, I sent an email to Nairobi, Lagos, London, and Beijing offices to know the status of my application, which has exceeded the standard processing time. Got the generic response.

2. Ordered for my GCMS notes via Anon123 on June 25th - yet to receive that. (Now I am very very curious to know how the whole thing went down).

3. June 30th, I sent a mail to the MP representing my school location and on July 14th, I got a feedback from the MP’s office that my Medical and Background checks are complete, and Eligibility is under review.

NOTE: As at the time I got this feedback, there was no update (ghost or otherwise) on my IRCC profile from March 9th (my last update as per Medicals) until yesterday 4:39pm and 4:40pm July 21st 2021, when I got three consecutive emails asking me to check my account for messages.

Na pounding heart/trembling hands I take login ooo.
The first thing I noticed was that my eligibility is under review and I was like oh noooo more waiting. Then I scrolled down and saw application APPROVED!
In front of my husband and children, I went down on my knees thanking and praising GOD, because na in hand I dey/na in hand I carry myself put along with my imperfect application package throughout this journey.
MY PEOPLE, WITH GOD BY YOUR SIDE:
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT!
IF THAT DESIRE IS STILL IN YOUR HEART NOTWITHSTANDING THE OBSTACLES AND SETBACKS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, KEEP HOPE ALIVE. IT WILL SURLY COME TO PASS.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 2:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Please, make una pardon my grammatical errors, even my pigin way fit no too flow. grin grin grin

Las las, it will end in praises for all of us!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 2:51am On Jul 22, 2021
Another motivation for ME!!! Congrats Sir ✔️✔️✔️

CHIKACIC:

I choose this moniker “CHIKACIC” meaning: God pass Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). My story will throw more light.

Personal profile:
I am 43. YES! I am a 43 year old lawyer, wife and mother of three (2 boys and 1 girl).

My quest for visa started way back in 2003/2004; during Law School/after the death of my father/NYSC.

Fifth UK visa application (Visit) in 2020 - approved, but wasn’t used cos of COVID.

My interest has always been in the UK, because that’s where I have family members (a distant Uncle and 2 younger sisters), one of whom is my financial sponsor together with her husband and conquering my study visa refusal has always been on my bucket list.
Post 2008, I have continuously applied and received countless admission letters for graduate studies in the UK, but God said no it is not yet my time. God willing, I hope to check that off in my bucket list in the nearest future.
In 2013/2014, US Diversity Visa lottery caught my interest before it was later scrapped for Nigeria (heard we have exceeded our quota limit).
My interest in Canada started in 2015 as per Express Entry, but my scores and funds were low ( family of 4 then).
I gave birth to my daughter in April 2017, which was the year they had the lowest score till date in the Express entry (FSWP) history. (415 in April and 413 in May). My score was fluctuating between 420/414. Unfortunately, I missed that opportunity because I stopped monitoring the program during my pregnancy. I got to know about the scores later in the year. Mennnn, e painnnn me, I no go lie. Since then, the scores has not favored me because of age (the policy of -5 marks after every birthday). So all eyes moved to study visa. The rest they say is history.

(This was the IELTS I wrote in April 2019 for Express Entry to expire April 2021). I also wrote another one in March 2021 as the previous one is about to expire.
NSE Request for POF: March 5 to expire on April 5 (which I ignored because of UK sponsors).

Then eerie silence.......no update whatsoever for almost 5 months. (March 9 to July 21). This platform helped me a lot during this period. You all are the bomb!

I think sometime in May I sent a LOE to Nairobi via web form and email explaining why I ignored the NSE request because my POF came from the UK. Receipt acknowledged, but no official response.

1. 7th June, I sent an email to Nairobi, Lagos, London, and Beijing offices to know the status of my application, which has exceeded the standard processing time. Got the generic response.

2. Ordered for my GCMS notes via Anon123 on June 25th - yet to receive that. (Now I am very very curious to know how the whole thing went down).

3. June 30th, I sent a mail to the MP representing my school location and on July 14th, I got a feedback from the MP’s office that my Medical and Background checks are complete, and Eligibility is under review.

NOTE: As at the time I got this feedback, there was no update (ghost or otherwise) on my IRCC profile from March 9th (my last update as per Medicals) until yesterday 4:39pm and 4:40pm July 21st 2021, when I got three consecutive emails asking me to check my account for messages.

The first thing I noticed was that my eligibility is under review and I was like oh noooo more waiting. Then I scrolled down and saw application APPROVED!
In front of my husband and children, I went down on my knees thanking and praising GOD, because na in hand I dey/na in hand I carry myself put along with my imperfect application package throughout this journey.
IF THAT DESIRE IS STILL IN YOUR HEART NOTWITHSTANDING THE OBSTACLES AND SETBACKS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, KEEP HOPE ALIVE. IT WILL SURLY COME TO PASS.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 3:01am On Jul 22, 2021
Big congratulations Sis, this is massive. Lesson learned: do not give up! Again congratulations!

[quote author=CHIKACIC post=103956453]My people from the bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
As is our slogan: It will go round and end in praises
quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kriptune: 3:02am On Jul 22, 2021
My school (university of Manitoba) does not require that I pay my fees before issuing unconditional admission letter.

So I didn’t submit any receipt of fee payment for my study application. Is this a red flag?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 3:05am On Jul 22, 2021
kennyjoy:
Another motivation for ME!!! Congrats Sir ✔️✔️✔️

Thanks.

Na she I be grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 3:06am On Jul 22, 2021
SweetJJ:
Big congratulations Sis, this is massive. Lesson learned: do not give up! Again congratulations!

Thanks. Let’s keep hope alive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 3:19am On Jul 22, 2021

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Go and prosper in Canada. I’m next in line

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 3:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Congratulations Chikacic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AbionaT(f): 4:35am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Personal profile:

Congratulations dear sister.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 4:51am On Jul 22, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello everyone!

1)Sponsor(father) as a civil servant plus cocoa, poultry & timber biz with prove of receipts, invoice of selling to company's, how legit and convincing are these biz docs, in absence of CAC docs?

2) What are the documents of place of work as a civil servant, latest letter of promotion, I.d card?? Is that all?

3)Why MyBankStatement....Is it the same with Bank statement of account for 6 months?

4) Must it be 72hrs before traveling to Canada before we do a Covid '19 test, not now or anytime?

5) Please all, what is introduction letter from place of work (for sponsor), is it just a letterheaded stating his nature of job or can he just type it on any A4 paper formally written?

Please o, biko nu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 4:58am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:
Please, make una pardon my grammatical errors, even my pigin way fit no too flow. grin grin grin

Las las, it will end in praises for all of us!

I did not notice grammatical errors. In fact, your testimony was interesting to read. The flow in your writing style did not make the error obvious.

You are a real go-getter and very determined. Keep it up sis.

I can imagine the joy in your home. Congrats!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 5:20am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Congratulations on your approval.

Your story is the definition of grit, resilience and commitment. I pray that you enjoy the fruit of your efforts and may this be the beginning of greater success.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 6:12am On Jul 22, 2021
Hi all!

When one ignores the NSE request, must he/she send letter of explanation explaining reasons for that action?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by garpdfist: 6:16am On Jul 22, 2021
Hi everyone.

I want to apply for student visa beginning with my masters application for Computer Science at the University of Saskatchewan. Any tips, do's and don'ts I should be aware of?

Also I keep seeing NSE. What's it about?

Much appreciation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 6:19am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Personal profile:

Congrats my namesake... May God bless this journey for you and your family.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 6:38am On Jul 22, 2021
Peacekid:
Hi all!

When one ignores the NSE request, must he/she send letter of explanation explaining reasons for that action?

From past experience on this thread, it is better to do so.

If you can't get MBS, let them know. i.e

1) Your bank may not be part of the MyBankStatement platform

2) Your sponsor uses a foreign bank account and could not get MBS

If you can't meet up with IELTS, state it too i.e

1) The next available date for the test is far and you can't meet up with the given 30 days period.

2) Your work schedule won't give you enough time to prepare for the test within 30days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 6:40am On Jul 22, 2021
garpdfist:
Hi everyone.

I want to apply for student visa beginning with my masters application for Computer Science at the University of Saskatchewan. Any tips, do's and don'ts I should be aware of?

Also I keep seeing NSE. What's it about?

Much appreciation

Have you gotten an admission to the school or you are just intending to apply?

To know more about NSE, check the first page of the thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by rali123(f): 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

!

Congratulations sis,
I am truly happy for you, may Canada favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Onweke: 6:52am On Jul 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Personal profile:

Congrats Madam. God is indeed faithful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 6:56am On Jul 22, 2021
This was so beautiful to read!!!
Truly what God cannot do does not exist. Congratulations once again sis!!! Canada would favour you.

CHIKACIC:

Personal profile:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 7:00am On Jul 22, 2021
Guru's,

Help me check if the offer for school accommodation is okay

Details attached

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 7:09am On Jul 22, 2021
[Congratulations quote author=CHIKACIC post=103956453]My people from the bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Personal profile:

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!!!!!!![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Daylight23: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2021
Please how do I go about that? Thank you

Lovesarrow:
I had the same issue too, infact up until now I still cannot submit Nairobi webforms on any computer but you can use the general webform, that one works for me.
I sent one about 12 days ago and got an acknowledgement mail yesterday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Godsblessings: 7:17am On Jul 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
I got this from cic website.
yes , thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2021
Congrat Madam. God has finally shown he is God.

CHIKACIC:

Personal profile:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by garpdfist: 7:46am On Jul 22, 2021
SuomyNona:

Have you gotten an admission to the school or you are just intending to apply?

To know more about NSE, check the first page of the thread.

Yes I am intending to apply. I already have a Bsc in Economics. And thanks for the NSE info, will check it out now

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.