Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (679098 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2021
Yes, my status still shows this and I have been approved.

KingofAfrica:
It says on my portal “we are reviewing your eligibility”. A friend of mine said that’s what you will continue seeing until they send you PPR. Don’t know how true it is. Please what are my chances?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lekiboboe:
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HEADS-UPS

We went to!

Bola Tinubu Health Care Center,AKOWONJO
Rauf Aregbesola Health Center, EGBEDA-IDIMU
Ile epo hospital
Ipaja-Ayobo health center

All of them said same thing "TILL AUGUST"

It's safe to say they are through with the first batch until AUGUST

Thank you for the update.

There was a similar response from Etiosa Primary Health Centre, Lekki.
I guess it's till August for another fresh vaccination.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wow! Do you have anyone in Canada that can help you reach out to a MP? You can also try yourself but sometimes the MPs don’t help if you are outside Canada. Yours has definitely over passed processing time! Please send webform, order gcms and reach out to MP.

LoadedHollow:
Please I’ve applied for student visa since last year November. I have emailed them multiple times but all they keep saying is "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed."

I’m tired I swear. We’re staring in person classes by September and still no feedback from them. I saw what you guys call ghost update but I’ve seen no advancement since then. Can anyone help with an email that I can write to them that will at least do something?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
I didnt know GCMS notes comes within a day. or is this a special case.

COngratulations!!!

TundeTheHunter:

E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
• February 8th: First submission
• February 17th: I received an NSE request. I had already submitted IELTS, so they just requested for MBS certificate.
• March 10th: I completed my NSE resubmission.
• March 16th: I went for upfront medicals
• April 12th: Medicals were updated to passed
• April 19th: I received a BVL At this point I was so excited and was anticipating receiving PPR.
• April 21st:Received a request letter asking for police certificate. I received the request mail around 6am. I went to Ikoyi that same day to get the police certificate and submitted it that same day.
• May 5th: I received a second BVL. When I received this, I was so confused. I had never heard of someone receiving more than on BVL. I thought IRCC mistakenly sent me BVL instead of PPR.
• May 31st : I ordered my GCMS notes
• June 30th: I received my GCMS notes. They were perfect, they showed “Eligibility: passed” and “Final: approved”. I was so happy, but IRCC decided to keep me waiting. I can't lie, I started to doubt whether the notes were true.
• July 28th : PPR
I am a first time applicant. I applied for a PGD in Marketing & Data Analytics at Okanagan college.
I submitted 2 MBS certificates, one from my dad and the other from my uncle. I also submitted two letters of sponsorship, one from my parents the other from my uncle.
It has ended in praise!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jayrealest: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
KingofAfrica:
It says on my portal “we are reviewing your eligibility”. A friend of mine said that’s what you will continue seeing until they send you PPR. Don’t know how true it is. Please what are my chances?

Has ur medicals and biometrics been updated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
I am a Lawyer and I had this conundrum to deal with. Basically, I had to be wary of any paralegal course because it was like going backwards. My sister explained to me that it may be difficult to convince the VO as to why i am going for a course lower than my qualifictaion. I already got admission to Sheridan for Paralegal but had to pass on it and go for Alternative Dispute Resolution in Humber College instead.
Also, the Paralegal program was for two years (which meant I had to pay about $17,000 for EACH year) and even worse, after the diploma, you'd have to write their licensing program to qualify and be able to work in Canada as a paralegal

Also, you study ppermit application will not be affected by your EE profile. Dual intentio is permitted.
bemagnify:

Please I have an Important question.

I am a lawyer in Nigeria with over 5 years' experience. I have my own law firm and I am married.

Please which of the following courses, I am likely to get my visa approve.

1. Paralegal (Ontario College Graduate Certificate)

2. Graduate Diploma in Justice Studies

(3) Will my Express entry profile affect my chances of visa approval?

Note. My undergraduate certificate is second class lower.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bbol: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Very apt indeed. Imagine just to get PTA you're required to get RETURN ticket, what has that got to do with buying forex, why is a one way ticket not enough. Good policy, premature implementation. Las Las na we go suffer am. With elections around the corner dollar go still reach 1k naira.

ooa1st:
Thank you very much for this insightful submission.

However, I have few questions.

We know there's usually a quarterly ceiling to what each entity and individual can access, what happens if one reaches its limit and genuinely requires Forex for essential need like health or goods at the port about to enter demurrage

Also accessing Forex at banks requires huge documentation and we all know the bureaucratic nature of this country, what happens if 1 has a deal to settle but can't furnish the bank all necessary documents

Lastly, we know allocation of Forex at times as to do with them them and long queue. Those who require might not get it within required timeframe whilst the big guns cut corners, how does CBN & DMBs in the country intends to address this.

I feel the idea is good but has the apex bank worked on ease of accessibility, documentation, fast allocation and other bottleneck to get this going without adversely affecting geninue users who have been transacting via BDC channel for years?

I think we have a long way to go and this policy will affect us negatively ( just like border closing). This won't stop round tripping and racketeering, bankers have been empowered and the cartels will start operations. After all who's going to monitor their dealing and how often does CBN conduct on site supervision?

In all a good policy with bad implementation tools and strategy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2021
May 31st and June 30th??
Check his post again

possessor1:
I didnt know GCMS notes comes within a day. or is this a special case.

COngratulations!!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankalvinz(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2021
Bunmijab:
Please has anyone recently gone for medicals at IOM

How is the queue like let me prepare myself and please what do I need to go with?

Thank you

The crowd there is much, looks like a refugee center, although it's mostly UK applicants. Canada/Australia/US applicants are normally small.
Go with your printed proof of payment and the page showing your appointment date and time i.e if you applied on their site. I'd advise you to come earlier probably around 7am/8am because they don't normally follow the time of appointment to avoid crowd.
If you've not applied on their site, you can still go there to register manually after which they'd give you a date to come for your Medicals, it's sometimes 3 weeks from the date you registered.

Hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bemagnify: 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
KikkyQ:
I am a Lawyer and I had this conundrum to deal with. Basically, I had to be wary of any paralegal course because it was like going backwards. My sister explained to me that it may be difficult to convince the VO as to why i am going for a course lower than my qualifictaion. I already got admission to Sheridan for Paralegal but had to pass on it and go for Alternative Dispute Resolution in Humber College instead.
Also, the Paralegal program was for two years (which meant I had to pay about $17,000 for EACH year) and even worse, after the diploma, you'd have to write their licensing program to qualify and be able to work in Canada as a paralegal

Also, you study ppermit application will not be affected by your EE profile. Dual intentio is permitted.

Thank you for your input. I will also love to apply for the ADR in Humber college but unfortunately they dont have the course for winter intake. From your response the Graduate Diploma in social justice is better right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tobe1997: 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
U can use form A...I just did mine...it's cheaper
gracevien:
Congrats to all that just got their PPR, and to those waiting it will surely end in praise.

Please gurus in the house, I just admission with lambton college I need assistance on how to pay the first tuition since I can't make payment using western union. Please any assistance would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Mine was all blended
Backcheck:
Guys please when carrying ogbono, egusi and crayfish, must it be blended

Cc Lianna2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
ooops, my bad... I thought that was June 1st lol

Thanks for highlighting that

SweetJJ:
May 31st and June 30th??
Check his post again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
E don happen o!!!!!
PPR ALERT
TIMELINE:
• February 8th: First submission
• February 17th: I received an NSE request. I had already submitted IELTS, so they just requested for MBS certificate.
• March 10th: I completed my NSE resubmission.
• March 16th: I went for upfront medicals
• April 12th: Medicals were updated to passed
• April 19th: I received a BVL At this point I was so excited and was anticipating receiving PPR.
• April 21st:Received a request letter asking for police certificate. I received the request mail around 6am. I went to Ikoyi that same day to get the police certificate and submitted it that same day.
• May 5th: I received a second BVL. When I received this, I was so confused. I had never heard of someone receiving more than on BVL. I thought IRCC mistakenly sent me BVL instead of PPR.
• May 31st : I ordered my GCMS notes
• June 30th: I received my GCMS notes. They were perfect, they showed “Eligibility: passed” and “Final: approved”. I was so happy, but IRCC decided to keep me waiting. I can't lie, I started to doubt whether the notes were true.
• July 28th : PPR
I am a first time applicant. I applied for a PGD in Marketing & Data Analytics at Okanagan college.
I submitted 2 MBS certificates, one from my dad and the other from my uncle. I also submitted two letters of sponsorship, one from my parents the other from my uncle.
It has ended in praise!!

Congratulations..... It ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
That’s the thing, we don’t know the condition the banks will put in place yet. Anyways, my main concern is still availability. Yes, we shall continue to observe. For the second point, I meant those us on this thread na. Lol

Perseverer:

First of all, we better pray they don't attach a 'you must have booked a return ticket' condition.

Secondly, you said all of us are travelling. If that is the case, nobody will remain in Nigeria na.

We shall keep observing the FX situation in the coming weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Teenie19:
Did they send you a new message?

No, they didn't

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Frankalvinz:

The crowd there is much, looks like a refugee center, although it's mostly UK applicants. Canada/Australia/US applicants are normally small.
Go with your printed proof of payment and the page showing your appointment date and time i.e if you applied on their site. I'd advise you to come earlier probably around 7am/8am because they don't normally follow the time of appointment to avoid crowd.
If you've not applied on their site, you can still go there to register manually after which they'd give you a date to come for your Medicals, it's sometimes 3 weeks from the date you registered.

Hope this helps

Thanks much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Queenmama03:
Please when did you get the vaccine? Because I'm hearing there are no vaccines at the moment

June ending

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
IntimidationJay:
Hi, please anybody going to Nova Scotia community college? Please how did you pay you fees. I am asking for my brother.
Please I will be grateful, if somebody can respond to this. How can I pay NSCC fees via the international pay platform, or how do I go about it with form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kenthro: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello guys, is there anyone that applied from abroad and got NSE request or does it only apply of you live in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
velii:

Please, did you take yours recently?

June ending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
Kenthro:
Hello guys, is there anyone that applied from abroad and got NSE request or does it only apply of you live in Nigeria?

If you live in Nigeria but you can submit it upfront with your documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
Oyesquare10:
Were you able to send the Webform successful? I have being trying it for two days now but failing.

Not yet, but the mails have been sent, will try in the night
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
Bbol:
Hello,

Please I need this information for a friend. He just got PPR and would like to send his passport for stamping.

He lives in Abuja and did biometrics there. Whats the process to submit?

Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/87#102471257
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toluchenko(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
Royalty95:

Which province are you travelling to?
You can book on hold.

Saskatchewan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by chigrad: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Congratulations to all persons who have received PPR and we hope and pray for speedy approvals for those waiting for their own PPR.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Derah0: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello Paul smith,
Congrats on your journey. So I plan to use British airline when travelling to Canada but I was told that I would have to get a clearance from from the Canadian embassy or so. So my question is did you have to get a clearance form from the Canadian embassy before you could board the plane and if you did how can I get the clearance.
Thank you

iampaulsmith:
LANDING GIST…Long post alert

British Airways- Lagos to Heathrow
My flight was for 10:55pm so I got to the airport around 5:40pm. There was a very long queue at the entrance of the departure hall (omooo a lot of people are travelling oo) and it took about 30 mins to get inside. The custom guys at the entrance scanned my bags and still asked me to open them. Las las they wanted to ask for money…#500 for them sha. Then, there are these guys called Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service Plant Health. So, they will ask if you have any agricultural products in your bags and ask you to declare them in a form. You will be asked to pay #2000 for each bag that contain agricultural products. In my case I had food in three bags, but I told them two and I paid 4k cause I couldn’t imagine paying 6k. If possible, ensure you pack your food together in a bag (if a bag can contain your food items). Let me add that it is best to use ghana must go for your food stuffs and not box. In my case I bought the thick ones, and you can wrap it at the airport. To my surprise, nobody asked for the certificate issued at all so the 4k felt like a waste of money.

For B.A you must fill a locator’s form as you can’t enter the U.K. without it. When they noticed that I was going to Canada as a student, I was taken to a lady. She asked for my enrolment letter, admission letter and study visa. She snapped and sent it someone on WhatsApp and after about 5minutes she said I was cleared and I was checked in. Immigration was easy, they asked for my Canadian address and phone number. I just gave them my Airbnb address (who dem epp) and Nigerian number. Of course, they asked for cash also but I jokingly said there is no money on ground ooo. I got to Heathrow by 5:30 am and the check was way easier than Nigeria but the downside was that my flight to Toronto was for 5:00pm. So I had to wait for almost 12 hours but then the flight from London to Toronto is just 7hrs which is better than the 16hrs from addis ababa. Netflix and other things came to my rescue. I didn’t really feel it cause there was free Wi-Fi & a place to charge. Hunger wire me ehn, I had to eat twice. GTbank card came to the rescue.

The flight to Toronto was fine. We were barely 50 in a plane meant for about 300 people. Enough space to sleep. At the airport, our flight was the only one arriving at that time so there was no queue everywhere. After filling a form on the machine, I got a slip and proceeded to a place where they asked for covid test result & hotel reservation. Then I proceeded to a border officer who asked for my school, course, and where I did my first degree. She asked for my enrolment letter & admission letter. She asked if I had started classed online. I told her I started back in January and quickly chipped in the 7hrs difference between Calgary and Nigeria and staying up all night to study. She felt sorry for me and immediately issued my study permit. She asked if the issued timeframe is enough for me, I simply said yes. She also asked if I plan to work part time, I just said no! And that was it!!!

Then Covid test at the airport. I swear it is way better than the way they conduct covid test in Nigeria. I cannot forget how that man at the govt hospital chuk my nose the other day. I didn’t want to change USD to CAD at the ridiculous rate at the airport, so I tried using ACCESS BANK, UBA, GTBANK STANBIC. Only Stanbic allowed me to withdraw with their Nigerian card. I called my hotel, and they sent a taxi to pick me. My covid result came on the second day but I had already booked my flight to Calgary and I just couldn’t let the hotel enjoyment go to waste since my school covered my hotel quarantine (a bursary thing I was eligible for). After the three days, I moved to Calgary…four-hour flight from Toronto, damn! This country is so big it should be a continent on its own. I’m almost done with my 11days. Staying indoor for a long time can be really boring but whenever I look through the window and see that the environment is different, I just smile and feel good again.

Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR recently. To everyone still awaiting a response, nothing will hinder your testimony in Jesus name. The joy at the end is enough to overshadow the stress and pain. Right now, I don’t care anymore that my application took almost 8 months. Looking forward to seeing more good news on this thread. Prospective University of Calgary or Alberta folks can hit me up, I’m willing to help in any little way I can. God bless us all!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2021
What happens if I can't find the biometric slip? I did my biometric since 2018 and I can't locate any documents for that application.
PPR still expected though just preparing ahead in faith.

shupy:

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/87#102471257
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DemmyDD: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pls can i use four Pages (6month) bank statement for my application to support my sponsor statement?

Secondly, who are those people that value property?

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (676)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.