Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (679827 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 29, 2021
dammy135:
Guru in the house, please help a friend answer this question.

She has a five year old son who is a US citizen living with her in Nigeria.
Would the son be required to do medical as well as he will be travelling with her?

Thanks.
Gurus please help but I think one of the gurus said ur child who is a US passport holder does not need Visa to enter Canada naa.i dont know how true but someone said it here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MissMC: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2021
Good morning people,

Please it’s really urgent. I want to find out if it’s the airline or Nigerian Immigration that stop you from boarding if you leave one month before your start date.

My start date is September 6th and I’m meant to travel on the 31st of July. This Saturday. Please I need an urgent response. Because I’m at the airport now and the immigration guys said they have no idea about the early arrival rule.

Please I’ll really appreciate a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2021
Marco.Mendicino@parl.gc.ca

Source: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/marco-mendicino(88738)#contact

When did you apply?

Blazca:
Please I need that Marco's mail too. I dey vex

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 11:19am On Jul 29, 2021
Oyesquare10:
I think your eligibility has not started as at the time you ordered the note. Same might have started now though.
Did you go through NSE (MBS and IELTS) and has your eligibility started on your profile?

Thanks for your prompt response. I submitted IELTS but I have paid all my tuition fees while the account for upkeep is a US dollar account hence no MBS. Eligibility status has been in progress since May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 11:19am On Jul 29, 2021
Chilove007:

Yes, you will be allowed to board.

Are you 100% sure?.......because tuition receipt is normally ask at the port of entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 11:23am On Jul 29, 2021
Lianna2020:
Yeah the yello card is free.
Once you are about to enter the airport, they will ask you to pay and get, just ignore them.
Once you are in and given boarding pass, they will also give your yellow card to fill in details and it’s absolutely free!

Abeg....thank you for this Jare .....you too much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ivygive: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2021
I was told the same thing in their office. Stay outside and speak to someone. I later renewed my passport which had dec 2022 validity. I claimed my passport is lost so I applied for renewal. The guy I met helped do everything including getting police report. The officer who refused initially found out and refused to cancel the old one. I just left the passport with him and the rest is history. All my sorting no reach 5k.
Chemin01:

Please how do I do that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 29, 2021
Thanks. May 13th
dotoracs:
Marco.Mendicino@parl.gc.ca

Source: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/marco-mendicino(88738)#contact

When did you apply?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otukemena: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2021
Can you go ahead with your application as if it is 5 years you have, then when it’s 6 months collect a new passport and update it by webform.

Chemin01:
Hello house, please I need your candide advice. I have an admission in University of Québec for January 2022, but my passport expires in May 2022 (ten month from now) . To renew it, I was told it has to be no more than 6month. And we know that study visa does not extend beyond passport expiration. Moreover, I need to start applying for my study visa already. Please what do I do. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dammy135(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2021
Enjay316:
Gurus please help but I think one of the gurus said ur child who is a US passport holder does not need Visa to enter Canada naa.i dont know how true but someone said it here

Thanks Enjay316.

They are actually two different things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by guzenaira: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2021
MissMC:
Good morning people,

Please it’s really urgent. I want to find out if it’s the airline or Nigerian Immigration that stop you from boarding if you leave one month before your start date.

My start date is September 6th and I’m meant to travel on the 31st of July. This Saturday. Please I need an urgent response. Because I’m at the airport now and the immigration guys said they have no idea about the early arrival rule.

Please I’ll really appreciate a response.

Which airline are you going with? Some airline will allow you go early while some will want you to provide enrollment letter before boarding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Awas: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2021
makano:
They acknowledged you mail, which means they already have it...

You didn't state the date they acknowledged your mail, that would have made me know how to advise you..

But if the acknowledgement is over a month, I will advise you send them another mail and copy the relevant offices..

If you don't know the emails of other iRCC offices, you can check my latest posts where I put down over 10 IRCC emails..

Peace
it was acknowledged on the 17th of June .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 11:53am On Jul 29, 2021
Seems decisions have slowed down. Or guys are not sharing anymore?

I got my GCMS last week and I am tempted to request for another. The one I received was generated since June 23 and it got to me on July 23. Though I applied since June 3. My application is over 5months now(February 19). Still waiting after several webform and medical update on July 5. I got a mail from the school yesterday saying they have excess enrollees for fall semester and I need to confirm if I have been given my visa and will be available for orientation on September 9 on or before August 6 to be assured of my spot. Note I have already deferred from May to September and their body language is tilting towards not approving any more deferral.

The only thing I haven't done is write an MP because I can't seems to get his email address online. The MP is for Winnipeg South Terry Duguid Incase anyone can help find it.

This wait is tiring honestly and one can't even look elsewhere because of this limbo. It will end praise sha as Nairalanders always say

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Chipo14:

I got my GCMS last week and I am tempted to request for another. The one I received was generated since June 23 and it got to me on July 23. Though I applied since June 3. My application is over 5months now(February 19). Still waiting after several webform and medical update on July 5. I got a mail from the school yesterday saying they have excess enrollees for fall semester and I need to confirm if I have been given my visa and will be available for orientation on September 9 on or before August 6 to be assured of my spot. Note I have already deferred from May to September and their body language is tilting towards not approving any more deferral.

The only thing I haven't done is write an MP because I can't seems to get his email address online. The MP is for Winnipeg South Terry Duguid Incase anyone can help find it.

This wait is tiring honestly and one can't even look elsewhere because of this limbo. It will end praise sha as Nairalanders always say

What DLI are you heading to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2021
Chipo14:

Terry.Duguid@parl.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:
Hello house,

Please i have few questions to ask y'all and gurus in the house too.
I graduated with Upper credit(3.16, 3.09)respectively in ND and HND business Admin.

1) Will i be able to apply for MBA programs with that, does canada see ND and HND as 4 years program?

2)If i am to apply for PGD, do i need both degrees or just HND alone with Waec cert?

3)Please does Canada universities and colleges accept WES EVALUATED TRANSCRIPT, this is because my school said they dont give student copy transcript lipsrsealed, that they can only send it directly to WES or to the school.

Please house, sending it to each school i want to apply to will cost me 75k each and it will waste alot of time before they even send or receive, i feel so down and discouraged already with this development.

4)Please those that applied to Colleges(Humber, Cambrian,Seneca)etc and any university with your ND and HND, how did you do it, did u use Wes too?

5)what does statement of mark mean?
I saw it as a requirement for humber college nd im confused.

Please gurus and those that have gained admission plz reply. Let me be Encouraged make depression no enter abeg.

@shupy
@frankrobbn1
@justmellow
@lekiboboe and everyone with experience and ideas.

1) I doubt if you would be able to apply for an MBA program, cos Canadian Universities requires a Bachelor's Degree to apply for a Masters degree.

2) Yes you can use your HND degree (Certificate & Transcript) & WAEC to apply for a PG.Cert/PGD

3) Await a response from the gurus & other members about this particular question

4) As an HND holder or Bachelors degree holder who want to apply to a College for a PG. Cert program, you don't need a WES Evaluated Transcript, a Student Copy Transcript (scanned) is what is required.

See this;

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

But

Those applying for a Masters in a Canadian University are mostly asked for their Bachelor's degree Student Copy transcript during Admission, once the applicant gets the admission, he/she would be asked to inform his/her school to send his/her Official Transcript directly to the University he/she got admission to in Canada.

5) As regards this question, await a response from Humber college students or Alumni

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
Enjay316:
wes can actually send u a copy if u request for it.also u can have wes send it to ur company or if u have someone that has a company,ur school or wes can actually send it there ,then u can have ur copy.thats what I used if not,u go pay tire.my school sent to my company.The HR na my guy

@Enjay316 thanks for this insight, it so worrisome for my Spouse, She wanted to apply to different colleges in Canada for PGD, but the school where she finished her HND said they can only send the transcript to the school she is apply to, will even tell them some colleges only asked for upload transcript ( like Conestoga, Cambrian, Durham and co) they insist that can only send the transcript and that’s going to cost us much money. @Enjay316 my question is

*As you stated that someone can had the transcript to a company( is it going to be sent through email or mail)

*She worked with a Law firm as a computer operator after her ND days and she as a good relationship with those lawyers there, Is it possible we let the school send the transcript there so we can collect it over there.

Or what is the best options, Gurus in the house help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2021
University of Manitoba

Olaa123:

What DLI are you heading to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thank you very much.

lawfree638:

Terry.Duguid@parl.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kennyjoy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Lekiboboe:

1) I doubt if you would be able to apply for an MBA program, cos Canadian Universities requires a Bachelor's Degree to apply for a Masters degree.

2) Yes you can use your HND degree (Certificate & Transcript) & WAEC to apply for a PG.Cert/PGD

3) Await a response from the gurus & other members about this particular question

4) As an HND holder or Bachelors degree holder who want to apply to a College for a PG. Cert program, you don't need a WES Evaluated Transcript, a Student Copy Transcript (scanned) is what is required.

See this;

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

But

Those applying for a Masters in a Canadian University are mostly asked for their Bachelor's degree Student Copy transcript during Admission, once the applicant gets the admission, he/she would be asked to inform his/her school to send his/her Official Transcript directly to the University he/she got admission to in Canada.

5) As regards this question, await a response from Humber college students or Alumni

@LekiBoBoe thanks for all you do!!! Respect

Concerning the transcript wahala, coz I see some colleges like you stated above only requested for upload transcript but the problem is some Polytechnic don’t issued original transcript but just only statement of results that shows courses taken GPA and CGPA. What do you think we can do if she’s applying to different colleges. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
kennyjoy:

@Enjay316 thanks for this insight, it so worrisome for my Spouse, She wanted to apply to different colleges in Canada for PGD, but the school where she finished her HND said they can only send the transcript to the school she is apply to, will even tell them some colleges only asked for upload transcript ( like Conestoga, Cambrian, Durham and co) they insist that can only send the transcript and that’s going to cost us much money. @Enjay316 my question is

*As you stated that someone can had the transcript to a company( is it going to be sent through email or mail)

*She worked with a Law firm as a computer operator after her ND days and she as a good relationship with those lawyers there, Is it possible we let the school send the transcript there so we can collect it over there.

I'd advise you to tell her school that she needs the transcripts for employment purposes and they should send it to the law firm. She can easily access it from the law firm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2021
Chipo14:
University of Manitoba

Terry.Duguid@parl.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MissMC: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
I’m traveling with KLM

guzenaira:

Which airline are you going with? Some airline will allow you go early while some will want you to provide enrollment letter before boarding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
Enjay316:
sometimes when there is lump sum close to the date of application, they later ask for updated account statements ooo like two or three months after ur application.I have seen it twice now.also what if they ask for NSE and u have removed the money from ur account after application ?. God help us all ooo.my advice is if u r taking a short term loan (lump sum), in addition to ur letter of explanation, abeg provide my bank statement once and for all so even if the ask for any thing,it will be IELTS but if u have it,do like my guru shupy and submit all NSE requirements at once when submitting ur application. I too like this shupy.when I read ur timeline, I was so amazed. yes u were favored by the almighty but u had a strategy and u were very intentional with ur application. I hope God gives me same grace and favour
@millie0 in addition to what he has stated. Avoid lump sum. The payment of your tuition fee can be processed using any account even that of your friend. It's the receipt that's important in that regard. And yes, you should submit MyBankStatement certificate along with your application. That's the preferred proof.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2021
After August 9th you're no longer required to do the 3day stop. You should be allowed to continue your journey regardless of your vaccination status the only exception would be if you have covid19 symptoms then you wouldn't be allowed to proceed.

Depending on the airline you may be able to change your flight to the next one available on arrival. Alternatively you can plan doing your 14days quarantine in Montréal if that appeals to you. At this point nothing is certain but just make sure you have an acceptable quarantine plan.

Meanwhile please don't forget to give us landing gist when you arrive.

badmanjo:
My people please, for someone who lands in Toronto on August 10 but final destination is New Brunswick, how would the person go about the quarantine. Note, this person has his flight to New Brunswick booked 3 days after he lands Toronto due to the 3day hotel stopover....... Which would have been cancelled on August 9th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
Enjay316:
wes can actually send u a copy if u request for it.also u can have wes send it to ur company or if u have someone that has a company,ur school or wes can actually send it there ,then u can have ur copy.thats what I used if not,u go pay tire.my school sent to my company.The HR na my guy

Are you saying i can ask for it to be sent to a company so i can get it myself afterwards??
Omo this idea is great and this group is indeed a blessing.
Thank you.
Will do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2021
Omo book and pay for your flight early o. Ticket price is souring. Best deal I could find is 625k sep 3 flight. It was 580k yesterday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
kennyjoy:

I am glad i aint the only one in this kinda wahala.

A whole school cannot make student copy of their OWN transcript available oo.
Imagine paying 75k to each colleges my poly will send to, when i am not MAD.
I will never advise my enemy to attend a polytechnic in nigeria.
The stress and the downgrade is so much and disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
Same here
Ilovemom:
Unable to login to my application since Tuesday, don't know if is general problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
GodsGabby:
Hello house,

Please i have few questions to ask y'all and gurus in the house too.
I graduated with Upper credit(3.16, 3.09)respectively in ND and HND business Admin.

1) Will i be able to apply for MBA programs with that, does canada see ND and HND as 4 years program?

2)If i am to apply for PGD, do i need both degrees or just HND alone with Waec cert?

3)Please does Canada universities and colleges accept WES EVALUATED TRANSCRIPT, this is because my school said they dont give student copy transcript lipsrsealed, that they can only send it directly to WES or to the school.

Please house, sending it to each school i want to apply to will cost me 75k each and it will waste alot of time before they even send or receive, i feel so down and discouraged already with this development.

4)Please those that applied to Colleges(Humber, Cambrian,Seneca)etc and any university with your ND and HND, how did you do it, did u use Wes too?

5)what does statement of mark mean?
I saw it as a requirement for humber college nd im confused.

Please gurus and those that have gained admission plz reply. Let me be Encouraged make depression no enter abeg.

@shupy
@frankrobbn1
@justmellow
@lekiboboe and everyone with experience and ideas.

School requirements and recommendations is not an area I'm good at.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
Drhay:
Good day Bosses !

Thanks for your time and all sir !

Please I have a question and I'd love to get a response so as to set me on path...

I had lower in computer engineering HND, because of that I decided to do PGD in computer engineering. Please what's the next thing in term of.

Can I apply for Masters in Canada ?
What are my chances of getting funding
How do I start my journey .

Please I'd be glad to get an early response from OP and Bosses !

You cant get a masters with your HND likewise you cant get funding

You will need to read the thread and ask all questions here whereby the gurus will respond to all inquiries..

Otherwise i can assist you but i do it for a fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kezee123(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
We are in the same position in this long exhausting wait, mine is feb 18
Chipo14:

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (676)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.