Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684228 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 12:33pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=Cceemmaa post=102013773][/quote]

Your best bet is an advanced diploma or PGD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:40pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=Cceemmaa post=102013773][/quote]
Ok

Open the link below you would see list of PG.Cert in Paralegal and related Programs
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/514#95982265

Google them one after the other and do your research on them

Finally,
Based on your 3rd Class, you would need to do more & package your application to increase your Chances of gaining admission

Sequel to that,

Take your time and go through the contents in the link below.

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a Canadian College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

In a addition, there should be more emphasis of your work experience as a LEGAL PRACTITIONER on your Cover Letter for Admission (supporting document)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anndav(f): 12:48pm On May 24, 2021
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone knows how I can do a change of name on my international passport without having to do a renewal especially with the new development?

Recently got married but I don't have any doc with my new surname and my husband would be applying later on. Also his elder brother is my sponsor

So I really need to change the surname to theirs.

Please gurus in the house, what should I do?

@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@Justwise
@Anon@123
@MindfulV
Or anyone that know what I can do

It's through the usual processing
Swear an affidavit ( judiciary is on strike)

news papers printing of change of name (can't be done without affidavit)

I don't want to even talk of the present immigration rules

Just apply like that...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 1:12pm On May 24, 2021
Anndav:

It's through the usual processing
Swear an affidavit ( judiciary is on strike)

news papers printing of change of name (can't be done without affidavit)

I don't want to even talk of the present immigration rules

Just apply like that...

Thanks for replying
Asides this affidavit, someone was saying I have to do another NIN and then take both to the immigration office to effect the change on my passport
To get NIN now is like gold not to talk of international passport.... I don't even know if I'm doing it afresh

I really don't know what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EPICUnleashed: 1:28pm On May 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am putting together my Canadian study permit application and I would like to know

If someone participated in a volunteering activity

What sort of proof can be used to show such volunteering activities?

Thank You

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofpearl: 1:31pm On May 24, 2021
Hi all,

I recently reapplied for my study permit after it was approved in 2019. Before reapplying I got a message to redo my medical exam because it expired. However, I didn't redo the medical exam and reapplied early this month. I logged in today to find that my medical exam is being reviewed but I didn't do any medical.

@justmellow @frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cceemmaa: 1:40pm On May 24, 2021
I have a 3rd class in law. I want to apply for paralegal diploma course in canada.
I have 3 years post experience.
1 year in the ministry of Justice as a corner and 2 years as a company legal adviser. Please do you think applying for a diploma course can guarantee me a student visa? I wanted to go for post graduate certificate courses but most of them are demanding for 2.2.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anndav(f): 1:45pm On May 24, 2021
Bunmijab:

Thanks for replying
Asides this affidavit, someone was saying I have to do another NIN and then take both to the immigration office to effect the change on my passport
To get NIN now is like gold not to talk of international passport.... I don't even know if I'm doing it afresh

I really don't know what to do

Another NIN is impossible...the moment you put ur fingerprint all your previous info will be out ..... everything I mean everything..that is why biometric is very powerful ooooo.....with biometric u can't beat the system

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:46pm On May 24, 2021
Congratulations!!!!

TradeSunMoore:
Guys! My daughter PPR just dropped!. Oct 6 , 2020 Applicant, (17 years undergraduate ) . NSE request, but ignored. upfront medical updated to pass since 29 December, 2020. Review of Eligibility started last Monday 17 May 2021.
Many thanks to all on this wonderful thread especially the Ogas - Frank and Just mellow - (I remember reaching out in January when I got agitated and the sound and assuring feedbacks you guys provided.).

I will endeavour to document the process later in the week to help others coming behind.

TO ALL AWAITING PPR ! This shall be the week !.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 2:18pm On May 24, 2021
Anndav:

Another NIN is impossible...the moment you put ur fingerprint all your previous info will be out ..... everything I mean everything..that is why biometric is very powerful ooooo.....with biometric u can't beat the system

Wow ok
So I should just do and affidavit with publication and apply like that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KejiA: 2:25pm On May 24, 2021
Hi, I have a question for those that have travelled to Canada recently.
After my 3 days quarantine can I continue my 11 days in my rented apartment which I would be sharing with other people or I have to quarantine in Airbnb before I can move to my apartment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 2:28pm On May 24, 2021
buckyfof:
Hello guys,

I JUST LOST MY DAD TODAY.

The pain is soooo unbearable.....

This hurts! Please take care of yourself as much as you can. Consider it like he has travelled for a long time. May you receive comfort from God. Be strong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by owee: 2:34pm On May 24, 2021
TradeSunMoore:
Guys! My daughter PPR just dropped!. Oct 6 , 2020 Applicant, (17 years undergraduate ) . NSE request, but ignored. upfront medical updated to pass since 29 December, 2020. Review of Eligibility started last Monday 17 May 2021.
Many thanks to all on this wonderful thread especially the Ogas - Frank and Just mellow - (I remember reaching out in January when I got agitated and the sound and assuring feedbacks you guys provided.).

I will endeavour to document the process later in the week to help others coming behind.

TO ALL AWAITING PPR ! This shall be the week !.

Congratulations. May this week favor us all waiting for PPRs

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by canadasool: 2:36pm On May 24, 2021
Amen

owee:

Congratulations. May this week favor us all waiting for PPRs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jojo257: 2:46pm On May 24, 2021
Hello guys, it seems from the landing gists that a school fees receipt is being asked for at the borders. If someone hasn’t paid their fees yet by the time they want to travel is there any other way to show proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2021
Ketima:
Please all,

That letter that all directors of the company must sign to show they're are aware of the sposnsorship is called what?

Thanks

It should be board resolution and also there should be a sponsorship letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2021
When you apply for a name change on your international passport the old one will be cancelled and a new one will be issued with the new name and validity so it's not possible to do a name change without having to do a renewal.

Secondly, if you already have NIN you do not need to do another one, you will submit a photocopy of your NIN slip along with your passport application. However, given the new development waiting to renew your passport at this time could cause you unnecessary delay.

Bunmijab:
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone knows how I can do a change of name on my international passport without having to do a renewal especially with the new development?

Recently got married but I don't have any doc with my new surname and my husband would be applying later on. Also his elder brother is my sponsor

So I really need to change the surname to theirs.

Please gurus in the house, what should I do?

@Frankrobbn1
@JustMellow
@Justwise
@Anon@123
@MindfulV
Or anyone that know what I can do

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 3:06pm On May 24, 2021
Mofpearl:
Hi all,

I recently reapplied for my study permit after it was approved in 2019. Before reapplying I got a message to redo my medical exam because it expired. However, I didn't redo the medical exam and reapplied early this month. I logged in today to find that my medical exam is being reviewed but I didn't do any medical.

@justmellow @frankrobbn1

Go and redo that medicals ASAP! unless you want to be denied. Medicals only last for a year. Also why didnt you travel after your app was approved in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 3:11pm On May 24, 2021
EPICUnleashed:
Hello everyone,

I am putting together my Canadian study permit application and I would like to know

If someone participated in a volunteering activity

What sort of proof can be used to show such volunteering activities?

Thank You

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice

Was there any flier or documentation to show you were registered for the activity or you were employed to take part no matter the capacity in. Thats what you should show as proof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cceemmaa: 3:11pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=102014563]
Ok

Can I be able to apply for diploma courses or even degree in a related field
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 3:13pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=Cceemmaa post=102019256][/quote]

Please stick with an advanced diploma as am not sure you can get a PGD with your score.

Ensure its advanced diploma not just diploma.

Another degree is a NO NO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 24, 2021
From my experience of name change at the NIS Abuja:
I got to the immigration office with the NIN slip that bears my old name. Though I had already changed my name and done the newspaper publication before going to the NIS office. But when I got there I was told I had to redo the NIN registration cos they could only accept the NIN slip that bears my new name. Thank God I was helped, I had to immediately redo the NIN registration at the immigration office and was immediately given a new NIN slip that bears my new name. I was also asked to provide an affidavit of name change which I did at another office in NIS. It was quite easy for me because I had someone that helped me who only referred me to the appropriate places .
I hope this helps.

[quote author=Queenmama03 post=102018964]When you apply for a name change on your international passport the old one will be cancelled and a new one will be issued with the new name and validity so it's not possible to do a name change without having to do a renewal.

Secondly, if you already have NIN you do not need to do another one, you will submit a photocopy of your NIN slip along with your passport application. However, given the new development waiting to renew your passport at this time could cause you unnecessary delay.

[/quote
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by goldee29: 3:35pm On May 24, 2021
if the ultimate goal is proving your relationship to your sponsor, this can be achieved with your Marriage certificate and any other document showing his relationship to your husband. It is in this part of the world that women are compelled to change their names after marriage.

Whether your last name reflects that of your husband or otherwise wouldn't affect the decision on your application to the extent the rship is well spelt out.

Wishing you the best of luck!!

Bunmijab:

Wow ok
So I should just do and affidavit with publication and apply like that

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:42pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=Cceemmaa post=102019256][/quote]it's not advisable ,cos you are a Bachelor degree holder, an ordinary Diploma is lesser to a Bachelors degree

A PG.Cert/PGD in a legal related field (base on your degree & work experience) is your best shot

Another degree is a total RED-FLAG!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 3:45pm On May 24, 2021
Ketima:
Please all,

That letter that all directors of the company must sign to show they're are aware of the sposnsorship is called what?

Thanks
Board resolution
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 3:59pm On May 24, 2021
Winner0718:

It should be board resolution and also there should be a sponsorship letter.

Yes. They already given Sponsorship letter and gift deed. And it was all notorized. But didn't include that board resolution, so thinking of adding it now. Hope it not to be NOTORIZED
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 4:07pm On May 24, 2021
Dec 17 applicant

irc deny my visa today after 6months plus of waiting
I'll be re applying and I already ordered my gcms notes since the beginning of this month

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:19pm On May 24, 2021
olabisi6438:
Dec 17 applicant

I'll be re applying
and I already ordered my gcms notes since the beginning of this month

This cannot be true cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 4:28pm On May 24, 2021
So sorry abt this! Nairobi office! God is watching una!

olabisi6438:
Dec 17 applicant

I'll be re applying
and I already ordered my gcms notes since the beginning of this month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EPICUnleashed: 4:34pm On May 24, 2021
Anon123:

Was there any flier or documentation to show you were registered for the activity or you were employed to take part no matter the capacity in. Thats what you should show as proof

Thank you for your response

What about I don't have such documentation available, what would you recommend I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by hertzz: 4:41pm On May 24, 2021
Please I need a second and 3rd opinion as regards my LOE
@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow and co can you help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olabisi6438(f): 4:41pm On May 24, 2021
@Anon123 please can u send me a mail
have been wanting to talk to u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.