Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,267 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684105 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
tobe1997:

Yes my dear...please if you are in a hurry,do not near zenith or gtbank...those pple have strict policy...
I didn't need a current account nor was there any period of waiting..it was treated as urgent.
thanks bro.I have paid my school fees with form A using unity bank.it was super fast,even I could not believe it.it took me 24 hrs and my telex copy was sent to me.I was also debited.thanks for the info bro.u just saved me 2 or even 3 weeks of waiting with the other banks.I am just waiting for my school to send me receipt and unconditional admission letter.omo form A is the best for paying school fees o.special thanks to shupy. I saved my self over 1m from black market rate

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok now, taking note, Gracias!!

But can I go with my GOYA Extra Virgin Oil, if yes, should i leave the content in that glass bottle (mine is quite big like a Coke bottle and can break if it falls on the ground) or I should pour the content into a Plastic table water Bottle?

It has been answered before that you can go with it.
Since you want to carry that big size bottle, u can just buy the normal size like 3 which isnt so heavy compared to the big size.
When you turn it in to a pet bottle, hope the immigration won't ask you to take it out when passed tru the scanner.
There is a reason why they say red oil should be frozen and wrapped well if taken in pet(plastic bottles).
To be safe buy small bottles of goya oil instead. It wnt consume space as it can't be "shooked" anywhere.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Khormzy1(f): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
Did you get a copy of your result?

kezee123:
i did mine on the 21st july and it got updated to pass on the 27th july
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Enjay316:
thanks bro.I have paid my school fees with form A using unity bank.it was super fast,even I could not believe it.it took me 24 hrs and my telex copy was sent to me.I was also debited.thanks for the info bro.u just saved me 2 or even 3 weeks of waiting with the other banks.I am just waiting for my school to send me receipt and unconditional admission letter.omo form A is the best for paying school fees o.special thanks to shupy. I saved my self over 1m from black market rate

Hello did you open an acct or have an existing account with the bank before doing this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NYCnextStop(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hi guys... I'm about starting my travel via study program. Please can I go about the whole study processing by myself or do I need to go through an agent. Also, how do I go about scholarships... will I apply first to schools before applying for scholarships
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
sfApase:
@lekibobo, @shupy, @frankborn, @justmellow and everyone else

Please all, I applied for student visa with my family Accompanying me (spouse and 2 kids, ages 4 and 2) in Feb (which was my first mistake) and got refusal letter in June, my sister is the sponsor who promised to give us 35k USD + 5k USD bank draft and she also paid half of my tuition fee, I also presented 400k in my statement of account

We were refused based on personal assets and financial status. Though my gcms note is yet to arrive and I want to differ the admission and reapply for January resumption. How can I go about this.
PLEASE HELP!

Hello sfApase,

It does not seem reasonable that your sister will be bearing the huge financial cost of a foreign study, especially to finance a family to achieve the aim. Even if it is possible, but to the officer, the funds will be considered as not "available and accessible." Meaning even if the money is presently available in your sister's account, it will still be considered as not readily available and accessible to you.

If your sister's sponsorship is to appear merited, tou have to demonstrate financial self-dependence and a good level of economic establishment. Using a financial record that has good transaction inflows without lump sums to a good sitting balance will be helpful.

Considering the strength of your financial situation, file a sole application and (get your sister to) pay your full first-year tuition and if possible, open a GIC. Then be able to show linear financial inflows holding up to N6m or N7m in your account. The source of income documents of your spouse should be included coupled with a letter of support from him stating to cover your itinerary.

About the GIC, despite not being a mandatory requirement to demonstrate funds for the visa purpose, it is highly recommended by me if you can get one. Yes, an application with a GIC can be refused too on financial and/or employment grounds.

The GIC may not necessarily be sufficient to demonstrate "POF" but it is surely good to demonstrate the "availability and accessibility of fund." It is more credible than showing your LE in the bank account, especially one with a lump sums deposit (that entered 1 or 2 months to the visa filing date). Reiterating, it is not a POF itself but can be classified as part of what complements the POF.

In getting to understand what went wrong and addressing the officer's concerns, your notes will help in this regard.

This is my honest contribution.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NYCnextStop(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
STRICK00:
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE EMAILS AND CONGRATULATORY MESAAGES
This is my story:
I began this journey in 2018.
first application(used an agent)- march 2018..denied for insufficient funds, home ties, vague sop.. agent only told me i was denied for insufficient funds

June 2018 ..2nd application-same exact reasons( used same evil agent )

At this point the agent stopped picking my call and didn’t even tell me i was rejected, I had to go and explain at canadian high commission before they helped me out with my application details.
It was honestly a depressing time,
The mopol at the gate wiped me baton because he said i was trying to enter the high commission forcefully
3rd application- february 2018- Did it myself-denied on home ties, funds, no link between past study and program that i want to go for(i studied accounting and i was going for a masters in project management)

4th and 5th application (did it myself)-june 2019 and may 2020 respectively - denied for (home ties and insufficient funds)

I honestly was tired at this point as i had done everything I knew and even attended countless seminars but no help
someone had also introduced me to nairaland but i didn’t trust or believe i could get any help from there
I sha started reading this thread but i didn’t sign up because at that point i was just reading for entertainment sake , this was around january .. it was here i learnt of gmcs note and i ordered it with the help of a family friend in canada , that was when i saw all the things visa officers had been saying , there’s one where the vo called my application “unreasonable “(that one na story for another day)

I had even already given up after reading the gcms sha and started considering other options
infact i had gotten admission in UK and was in the visa process

so one day, I attended one webinar on canadian study permit application tips because i was bored and then the woman talked about using a certified agent and I remember that my cousin used one for her application and got approved . But i however didn’t consider it because i had already lost hope and i didn’t want to spend any more funds on anything, O just wan dey use my salary dey chop abeg

Anyhow sha a few days after the webinar , I reached out to my cousin to give me the number . after I got it

me and the man spoke lengthily for about 2 hours (it was one of the most soothing and truthful conversations i had ever had), and after the call, I decided to give it one last final shot . So i made the payments for go’s services to this agency account and I submitted all the documents he asked... it was quite a lot of documents and affidavits but i guess it was worth it

I also did ielts again
mind you i had done ielts a long time ago but it expired and then i did medical.
my 3rd time doing medical oh!

So the application was submitted on april 2nd and he handed over my account to me for monitoring and I got ppr and bvl dropped same time yesterday

Honestly, I just want to tell everyone to keep trying, I remember when i was looking all around lagos for the first unfortunate agent
I even got pickpocketed in brt

chai my advice is not to give up
na who give up na in Bleep up
you have only lost when you give up

if you get denied, just sit back, restrategize and refire..

WE SHALL ALL MEET IN CANADA

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SHOW OF LOVE
GOD BLESS US ALL

IT SHALL AND WILL END IN PRAISE
GOOD MORNING!
Congratulations man. I'm happy for you. Can you suggest legit agencies one can use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Account Number 0001855256
Amount is N46,500
SWIFT Code/BIC 068080017

engrjoe:

When I booked yesterday at IOM Ikeja, we all did at the entrance. Numbers were given and we went all in. No 2page document was given that is the problem.

First time I booked early last year, we were all given those details. Reasons why i am here to ask for help.

I am currently at the Bank to make payment but i want to be sure of the details and amount i have gotten.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
NYCnextStop:
Hi guys... I'm about starting my travel via study program. Please can I go about the whole study processing by myself or do I need to go through an agent. Also, how do I go about scholarships... will I apply first to schools before applying for scholarships

Before the gurus arrive,
You are can do it yourself if you want and if you dnt find it overwhelming.
Or you can contact Genuine agents with good success story nd track records to help.

You didnt say the program you going for??
Some Master's program comes with scholarships/Funding based on how strong your application submitted and it comes with admission.

While some schools you can also check their board for scholarships/funding if not given alongside your admission, then submit the requirements.

I stand to be corrected by gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NYCnextStop(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
GodsGabby:

Before the gurus arrive,
You are can do it yourself if you want and if you dnt find it overwhelming.
Or you can contact Genuine agents with good success story nd track records to help.

You didnt say the program you going for??
Some Master's program comes with scholarships/Funding based on how strong your application submitted and it comes with admission.

While some schools you can also check their board for scholarships/funding if not given alongside your admission, then submit the requirements.

I stand to be corrected by gurus.
I intend going for a phD programme. Thanks for the great info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
I just got this email from VFS Global.

'Your application has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on 8/6/2021 11:18:02 AM and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing.'
Even though i received a mail that my passport has been received at the Lagos IRCC office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KellyKk: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
KellyKk:
Hello my blessed gurus in the house .
Pls does differ of admission to May next year stoped the present application submitted already that was supposed to resume next month ??

Make una talk on this Na ! I take God beg una
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
NYCnextStop:
I intend going for a phD programme. Thanks for the great info

Since its PHD please make sure you work on your application package so you get full funding.
You didnt state your program/course??

Phd is sweet with full funding.
Academic twitter do advise not go for phd without full funding so it doesnt choke you.
If they give you partial funding and u know it can be substituted COMFORTABLY by you throughout the period of study then no problem.
Package ur application well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
They are just keeping you updated .
No need to worry
lolathegenie:
I just got this email from VFS Global.

'Your application has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on 8/6/2021 11:18:02 AM and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Abuja OC for processing.'
Even though i received a mail that my passport has been received at the Lagos IRCC office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
Eiiiii God!!! undecided cry

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
qudusbalogun89:
Hello the gurus, @lekibobo, @shupy, @frankborn, @justmellow and everyone else.

My younger brother's application was refused on the first week of June based on purpose of visit and personalasset and financial status, second application.

I got the notes and I need everyone's help on it because I want to get it right this time around.

Brief info about his profile:
Had OND in Architecture.

Had a diploma certificate in desktop publishing from a training centre

Working as a Customer Care Officer at Globacom.

24 years of age, going for BSC in computer science.

NB: CAC certificate was submitted as proof of source of income.

Hello Qudusbalogun89,

The best way to relate a study or career progression is by pursuing a program closely related to his experience line. He can leverage the fact that he has a non-academic exposure in his now preferred career path may be due to the future economic prospect in his country for the new career and the deficiency of the previous study to sustain his envisioned prospect economic ambition...

He can go for courses like:

• Leadership & Organization Management (check it Royal Roads University has the study)

• Operations Management

• Management in Finance and Informtion Data study

• Management in Business Analysis & Information Data study

• Human Resource Management

However, if the major aim of the study is to vie for a position in any of the IT/ICT departments, then he can go for a related study area in a field relating to the direct operations in the telecommunications industry leveraging on carve a niche in the telecom industry.

Best of Luck (to your brother)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
I'm just speechless even though this is a 2020 stat.

The status quo is still maintained in 2021!!

Anyway, safety first in scale of preference! Abi?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pinkgems(f): 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hi PPR hopefuls!

Please as we all await that golden email, can someone help highlight the next steps to take once we get the PPR email. From getting the PPR mail to the departure date, please what are the things we will need to do so that we can start preparing…..because no time again. undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
No...

KellyKk:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
GodsGabby:

Hello justMellow,
Please Is there a difference between PGD and Diploma?
And you said you dnt advise an HND holder to go for Diploma. Why and how when it cnt take one for masters.

Isnt it Diploma most colleges like Humber, conestoga etc run Or is it Post Graduate diploma?
Make me understand since its confusing please.

And which school offers PGD?

Hello GodsGabby,

This subject area is easily accessed on the thread. In summary, a PGD is a post-graduate study while Diploma is a post-secondary study. Note that post-secondary study can as well be used to describe a PGD study.

Almost all Canadian college offers both Diploma and Graduate Diploma though most colleges in some territories in the Atlantic province mostly offers Diploma courses with a few study option for Graduate Diploma study.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
amiecandie:

Thanks for your detailed response.
it is only showing compliance verification required under DLI

Then maybe a verification response from your financial institution has not been acknowldged. It is up to you to approach your financial institution to request an updated copy be forward to the guys in Nairobi to help it move faster.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone

Please I'm asking for a friend

Studied Mass Communication and finished with 2.1

Finished nysc 2019, has one year experience in customer service and currently working in a school(preschoolers)

Please what course and (affordable) University/college can she go for?

Also any hope for scholarship

@lekiboboe and others I still await a response as regards this

Thanks in advance
As regards affordability, education is not cheap in Canada, Financial Readiness is very essential!!!!!

See the links below for
PG. Cert Programs related to
Mass Communication (Journalism, Advertising, media etc.) & Customer Care Related Programs (Public Relations)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/295#93537714

The link below has list of Schools in Canada offer Mass Communication related programs for Masters

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/165#98339669

If she's looking for a scholarship (Masters), she should take her time & go through the Contents in the link below , relate it to her own field of study & Research Interests in Mass Communication

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

There is no Scholarship for PG.Cert/PGD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello GodsGabby,

This subject area is easily accessed on the thread. In summary, a PGD is a post-graduate study while Diploma is a post-secondary study. Note that post-secondary study can as well be used to describe a PGD study.

Almost all Canadian college offers both Diploma and Graduate Diploma though most colleges in some territories in the Atlantic province mostly offers Diploma courses with a few study option for Graduate Diploma study.

Best of Luck

Thank you for taking time to reply.
I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lol that was Teenie19 not me grin

Victoryokondu:

I thought you shared testimony of your ppr the other day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lol! Your testimony is here already too o!

TennieYF:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
Amen, amen, amen!

Teenie19:
Lol! Your testimony is here already too o!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NYCnextStop(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
GodsGabby:

Since its PHD please make sure you work on your application package so you get full funding.
You didnt state your program/course??

Phd is sweet with full funding.
Academic twitter do advise not go for phd without full funding so it doesnt choke you.
If they give you partial funding and u know it can be substituted COMFORTABLY by you throughout the period of study then no problem.
Package ur application well.
This is very insightful. I guess it's best to go for an msc programme in a case of a partial funding. I'm going for environmental management/engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OmaJoe1: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Which side are you staying in Lagos? You can get them in mandelas ,Balogun,Ereko Idumota Lagos island

Thank you for this. Please how do I get to this location from Yaba?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
KellyKk:

In no way will deferral till next year stop or affect your submitted application, but please try not to forward the new LOA if IRCC didn't request for an update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
TennieYF:

Okay sir/Madam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DrAFOguns: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Thank you, MOBAN444.
MOBAN444:
Salary account is a good way to proof source of fund and economic tie.
There is no need to transfer any, provide MBS for both, it's acceptable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.