Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (678765 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lukens1: 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
gracedson:
Check the thread carefully, this question has been answered many times.
Go on google and search “Book medical IOM Nairaland”.

@gracedson: Please i just opened the link now, on the site, i am seeing Travel type: which do i chose as a student, Temporary Migration or Permanent Migration??

Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
ikemummy:
Dear all, please I need your advice on how I can buy Canadian dollars at a good rate. My degree is for a minimum of 3 years so the options which require me to present a return flight ticket could be challenging for me. Thanks in anticipation of your advice.

You can always get a travel agent to print out ticket for u..take it to the bank do ur thing then cancel it.
This is just like how you do ticket print out tru agents.

A memeber here afrobrown or so, dont know if i got his moniker right, said his wife did same, tho she is a travel agent herself and he shared her email case any one wants her to do same thing she did.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
lukens1:
Hello guys, please a friend of mine needs help on how to go about her medicals for her student visa application, having done biometrics.
Visit the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Khormzy1:
Please apart from IOM in abuja
Is there any other place someone can do an upfront medical in abuja?
No !!!!! Strictly IOM

Any medicals done outside IOM in Abuja is INVALID for a Canada Study Visa Application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
Oluwacolded:
that is why i don’t want to include it in my profile. Since I am working in an healthcare facility and probably by the time I am gonna apply for Visa my work experience should have been 2years plus. So I want to link current job with my intended study.

All applications would be made from Uk
Do you think there is any advantage attached to applying outside of Nigeria ?

Hello Oluwacolded,

If a Ph.D. program is not in sight, go for a second master in a closely related subfield of the initial Master. If your first-Master was thesis-based, leverage on the fact that you intend to become more industry-oriented. If it was course-based, tell them of your new research discovery & evolving globalized observation that the prospect study is a critical attribute to secure a professional or career purpose/benefit in the offings.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by STRICK00: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
GodsGabby:

Congratulations, what a WAWUUU.
some agents are just are devil incarnate.

But you sef try to use him twice after you found out he lied the first time... and the mistake you made was you applying all over and over again yourself.

I love your Dogged heart which kept u strong and now it has ended in praise.

Glad u got a genuine agent who helped out. May Canada favour you.

I didn’t even know anything about canadian application at all, he also told me that the rejection was probably a mistake and i should reapply again. you know how agents can be
but thank God for everything
It’s all a learning curve

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
No its only IOM in Abuja

Khormzy1:
??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
No its only IOM in Abuja

IOM is also in ikeja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
I know but the person asked specifically for Abuja
boyemfic:

IOM is also in ikeja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by STRICK00: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
NYCnextStop:
Congratulations man. I'm happy for you. Can you suggest legit agencies one can use?

hello chief.
I don’t think one is allowed to do that on this platform as it will be deemed advertising.

you can message me privately and I can help with his contact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Thank you!!!

GodsGabby:

You can always get a travel agent to print out ticket for u..take it to the bank do ur thing then cancel it.
This is just like how you do ticket print out tru agents.

A memeber here afrobrown or so, dont know if i got his moniker right, said his wife did same, tho she is a travel agent herself and he shared her email case any one wants her to do same thing she did.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toluchenko(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jeff5gold:
Landing gist landing gist landing gist grin grin grin grin

So I arrived at MMA, all those serious looking bag boys carried my luggage, I think say them be better people until they told me I needed to buy yellow card 6 thousand naira that without the yellow card, I won’t be allowed to board or immigration will charge me 200 dollar, well I quickly made it clear to them that I came to the airport with no money atall not even dollar….I nor get money to waste.

Flight was by 11pm check-in started by 4PM they asked for my
Enrolment letter
Acceptance letter
School fees receipt

The airline staff (KLM) verified the documents, Omo one fyn woman..I nor just understand just squeeze face Dey say 3 weeks to resumption…Omo I being 1 faint …after snapping those documents I mentioned earlier, I was asked to bring my covid test result…then I realize I’m good to go ����

If you are traveling..buy snacks or anything put for your bag….hunger almost kill me.

So when I arrived Toronto airport; officer asked me if I have been accepted by the school I’m going to, I said yes, and he said if I have proof I told him yes and should him my acceptance letter.
He was observing the letter then I gave him my letter of introduction without him asking grin
Then he ask if I have paid my fee .. I told him yes and gave him my receipt…he observe the receipt and he said …oboy your admission letter say 15k then why did you pay 3k …..I just smile and said ….we are allowed to pay per the courses you are offering and I will be offering only 3 courses that’s why I paid 3k …..he just node head
So I told him I have my covid result…he asked me to bring it.
Then he started asking me some questions, Omo …I think the officer was looking at my file and asking me questions from there. I realize that when he called the name of my sponsor grin. And asked about his job. I told him every every.
So he ask if I have proof of funds….I told him my sponsor refused to give me grin (I forget to carry o)
Then final question..what will you be doing till your school resume….I told him quarantine grin
So he printed my study permit Nd SiN stuf …..Nd started advising me that I can work for 20 hours then holiday time, I can work for 40 hours….and I can go back to Nigeria for visiting (I just shake my head for my mind).
So that’s all….then I was walking down to the next part I started hearing…hello sir, hello sir , hello sir…..I didn’t bother looking back ….I nor believe say immigration officer go Dey call me sir….I finally looked back, it was d officer and he gave me one of my print out that I forgot with him grin……

So I went to claim my baggage.
After that, I went to do covid test, then after that …went to one joint to wait for my shuttle to my hotel. Nice hotel nice view, Everything went smooth and I thank God for a safe trip.
Wishing everyone coming this fall Safe travels.

I use style like their food sha.

Good evening Bro

Pls I have two questions;

1) This yellow card parole. The stuff no compulsory abi??

2) For Proof of Funds, can I show the Border guys my sponsor's statement of account? Or must the funds be in my account?? I plan to tell them that the reason why the funds is still in my Sponsor's account is that my sponsor is waiting for me to open a Canadian account so he could transfer the funds into it.

Please anyone that has the answer(s) to the question(s) can reply abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
amiecandie:

Thanks for your detailed response.
it is only showing compliance verification required under DLI

In addition: you can also reach out to your DLI with a screenshot of the notes and explain to them to check for IRCC email for confirmation. If this has been done, you may be told or not.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
KellyKk:
Hello my blessed gurus in the house .
Pls does differ of admission to May next year stoped the present application submitted already that was supposed to resume next month ??

Hello KellyKk,

Deferring your admission won't harm your application.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Oh , how I love landing gists with pictures .. Your head is there jare grin May Canada favor you.

Abeg for those of us that paid only tuition deposit , I hope we will be allowed in ? And please who is your sponsor if you dont mind?.

Hello Oreoluwamipo,

You will be allowed in.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
1. You do not need any yellow card except the small one that will be given to you at the check in counter of your airline FREE of charge to fill in your info.
Pls ignore any Agbero trying to sell you any card and don’t believe any propaganda they may come with.
2. Your plan is okay

Toluchenko:

Good evening Bro

2) For Proof of Funds, can I show the Border guys my sponsor's statement of account? Or must the funds be in my account?? I plan to tell them that the reason why the funds is still in my Sponsor's account is that my sponsor is waiting for me to open a Canadian account so he could transfer the funds into it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Toluchenko:

Good evening Bro

Hello Toluchenko,

Both yellow card and presenting the financial record at the POE is not mandatory. You can verbally have a constructive discussion in this regard "if" asked. Not all CBSA officers will ask for the financial record or fees receipt payment.

However, if they are available, go with it either in printed or digital copies.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
So na we these guys de carry do anyhow, after collecting application fee from us and they have not kept to their own part of the bargain by giving us a final decision on or before August 6th.

Father take charge!!!

The wait is so depressing especially when your spirit has left Nigeria already but your body is still here

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Good evening everyone.
For those that applied for eta, how did you by pass this .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

Likely questions people ask on this page are all on the thread and it does not still stop us from responding to one anothers question....
Bro/sis.. check (qlife) for your medical..
Are you saying that my response doesn’t procure an answer and solution to his question ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
lukens1:

@gracedson: Please i just opened the link now, on the site, i am seeing Travel type: which do i chose as a student, Temporary Migration or Permanent Migration??

Please help
Select Temporary migration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Congrats to those that have received their visa approval and to those who are yet to receive, stay positive and don't give up.
I am still in Naija o but I plan to leave for Canada soon.
Anyways just checking in to say hello.

Peace and One Love!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Hello Everyone,
Congrats to those that have received their visa approval and to those who are yet to receive, stay positive and don't give up.

Peace and One Love!
Greetings.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Hello Everyone,

Peace and One Love!

Thank you for checking on us jare. Abeg make people dey check on us like this. See na who check on us go get PPR ooo. This one wey August 6 don be like say e don cast. Na midnight all your PPRs go dey deliver. Na who sleep go see am tomorrow.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Teemenzo:

Thank you for checking on us jare. Abeg make people dey check on us like this. See na who check on us go get PPR ooo. This one wey August 6 don be like say e don cast. Na midnight all your PPRs go dey deliver. Na who sleep go see am tomorrow.

Watch night loading.....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oliveth19: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Teemenzo:

We pray for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
True, same thing happened to me. The worst part is that when I woke up and saw the 2 emails, I tried logging in but IRCC server was down till about 12 - 1pm. My dear the suspense nearly kill me. Lol
Teemenzo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
Abeg Flywire just sent in a mail now. Saying today is the due date for the invoice of payment i raised through them. The issue i have now is this, i have not been able to reach them. Also Access bank has not done anything as i speak now because i reached out to someone who can help push the case but he is telling me to calm down that it will be done. Today makes it four days now without any response.

Please ilhow do i reach flywire to explain the delay and send them my Form A?

Please i need a reply ASAP. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Naheem4real(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
Greetings to y'all, I applied for my Study permit since 27th of April. My Review of Eligibility still shows "Your application is in progress" same as Background check. Is anyone also experiencing this? And resumption is 1st of September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Naheem4real:
Greetings to y'all, I applied for my Study permit since 27th of April. My Review of Eligibility still shows "Your application is in progress" same as Background check. Is anyone also experiencing this? And resumption is 1st of September.

My dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
Please, is there anyway I can open a Canadian Bank account so as to fund it in support of my visa application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (676)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49