Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (679980 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ayindesegun10:
Good evening everyone, I graduated earlier this year, and my certificate and Statement of Results isn't out yet. I'm going for another BSc (totally different field and due to personal reasons), so in order to explain study gap, since those aforementioned documents aren't out yet, Can I upload all my Tuition receipts and course forms as proof of enrolment (for study gap purposes only) along with a letter of explanation to explain my reason? Since I'm not going for Masters or postgraduate studies ?

Why would you want to go for another degree? when you can go for post graduate or Masters. Wait for gurus to comment but I think that's a red flag.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayindesegun10(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2021
Oyesquare10:

Why would you want to go for another degree? when you can go for post graduate or Masters. Wait for gurus to comment but I think that's a red flag.
Like I said, totally different fields and due to some personal reasons which I explained in my SOP. The reason for my study in Canada isn't to japa. I need a BSc not MSc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2021
osarodon:
Good day all,
I have a degree in industrial mathematics since 2002 and been working as an I.T professional (Networking) since 2004 till date
I am thinking of applying for an I.T course in Canada (Cyber security undergraduate Diploma 2 years) though I have not done any course on network security before.

My questions
1) Will visa officer think Diploma is lower than my current degree?

2) Does this Diploma Cyber security show path progression for me?

3) Can that 2years Diploma Cyber security give me 3years Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) in Canada.

4) Will I be able to use this Diploma Cyber security to pursue my Permanent Residence (PR) after completion.

5) Do Diploma Cyber security get one job in Canada easily.

Thanks for your time and I will like whoever that have information on this experience of Degree holder applying for Diploma (ordinary diploma) and got visa to help with the response.
While you await a response as regards the bolded

This is my opinion

1) Yes, cos you are going for a program that its academic qualification (ordinary diploma) is lower than your already gotten degree. As a degree holder with years of work experience, a PG.CERT program is advisable.

2) Cybersecurity and Networking share some things in common, Cyber security is a subset of information security which deals with protecting internet-connected systems including hardware, software, programs, and data from potential cyberattacks. It protects the integrity of networks from unauthorized electronic access.
while
Network security is the subset of cyber security designed to protect the integrity of any network and data that is being sent through devices in that network.

See the links below for;

PG.Cert, Cyber Security & Computer Forensics, Lambton College, Ontario
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147513852&location=Mississauga

PG.Cert in Cybersecurity programs and the colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/454#100335280

So you know that, you are going for a program you have work experience in but no Academic Background., that being said, the contents in the links below are your plugs

What you can/should do when applying for a PG.CERT Program you have Work Experience in, but no Degree/Academic background in it , (Find Attached a Cover Letter Sample)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Canadian Style Resume
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

3) Yes it would, but based on your profile (Academic Background and Work Experience) your VISA CHANCES going for an ordinary diploma in Canada is very slim

4) Await the response from the house on that, or better still ask this particular question in the LIVING IN CANADA NAIRALAND THREAD and CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY NAIRALAND THREAD, you would/should get BASED ON EXPERIENCE RESPONSE there.

5) Sure, they do, there are lots of I.T Jobs (Cyber Security Expert, Software developer, Programmer etc.) in Canada most especially in provinces like ONTARIO, BRITISH COLUMBIA and QUEBEC.

Apart from having the required skills for a an advertised Job, your chances of getting a job depends on how you tailor your CANADIAN STYLE RESUMES and your COVER LETTERS to each Job adverts, based on the job description and its requirements, that being said "You can't use on resume to apply for two Jobs

That being said, take your time & go through the contents in the link below (Very Important)!!!!!

How to increase your CHANCES OF GETTING A JOB IN Canada (as a Student, as a Permanent Residence Holder) etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/250#103202620

AWAIT MORE CONTRIBUTIONS/INPUTS FROM THE HOUSE AS REGARDS YOUR QUESTIONS

Good luck!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2021
Chocs:
Boss,

Was just reading your landing gist. Welcome to Canada!
I’m doing great. Hustle plenty, had to step away for a bit.

Thanks ma'am smiley

Oh that's great, good to know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
HorlarJP:
Hon Lekiboboe, Congrats , your landing gist too sweet sha…. And abeg reply your mail �
Thanks chief. smiley

Email account is presently compromised, that being said, ask your questions here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by osarodon(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
Thanks very for your time to respond and God bless you

Lekiboboe:

While you await a response as regards the bolded

This is my opinion

1) Yes, cos you are going for a program that its academic qualification (ordinary diploma) is lower than your already gotten degree. As a degree holder with years of work experience, a PG.CERT program is advisable.

2) Cybersecurity and Networking share some things in common, Cyber security is a subset of information security which deals with protecting internet-connected systems including hardware, software, programs, and data from potential cyberattacks. It protects the integrity of networks from unauthorized electronic access.
while
Network security is the subset of cyber security designed to protect the integrity of any network and data that is being sent through devices in that network.

See the links below for;

PG.Cert, Cyber Security & Computer Forensics, Lambton College, Ontario
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147513852&location=Mississauga

PG.Cert in Cybersecurity programs and the colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/454#100335280

So you know that, you are going for a program you have work experience in but no Academic Background., that being said, the contents in the links below are your plugs

What you can/should do when applying for a PG.CERT Program you have Work Experience in, but no Degree/Academic background in it , (Find Attached a Cover Letter Sample)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Canadian Style Resume
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

3) Yes it would, but based on your profile (Academic Background and Work Experience) your VISA CHANCES going for an ordinary diploma in Canada is very slim

4) Await the response from the house on that, or better still ask this particular question in the LIVING IN CANADA NAIRALAND THREAD and CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY NAIRALAND THREAD, you would/should get BASED ON EXPERIENCE RESPONSE there.

5) Sure, they do, there are lots of I.T Jobs (Cyber Security Expert, Software developer, Programmer etc.) in Canada most especially in provinces like ONTARIO, BRITISH COLUMBIA and VANCOUVER.

Apart from having the required skills for a an advertised Job, your chances of getting a job depends on how you tailor your CANADIAN STYLE RESUMES and your COVER LETTERS to each Job adverts, based on the job description and its requirements, that being said "You can't use on resume to apply for two Jobs

That being said, take your time & go through the contents in the link below (Very Important)!!!!!

How to increase your CHANCES OF GETTING A JOB IN Canada (as a Student, as a Permanent Residence Holder) etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/250#103202620

AWAIT MORE CONTRIBUTIONS/INPUTS FROM THE HOUSE AS REGARDS YOUR QUESTIONS

Good luck!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
osarodon:
Thanks very for your time to respond and God bless you

You are welcome. AMEN....Thanks

Note
The cyber security PG. CERT programs at LAMBTON COLLEGE, ONTARIO is 2-years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ayoslas88: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
[quote author=Gloryyssssz post=105035030

Winter clothes, thick clothes, long sleeves, clothes for raining season as well. And for summer too
She could also get one winter jacket but she would have you get another one when she lands in Canada cause the Nigerian winter jacket would just not do.
Carry a lot of Nigerian foods like: crayfish, pepper soup spices, spaghetti, okazi leaves, dry pepper etc but make sure they are properly dry.
Carry toiletries.
You should also get a universal charger as well. It cheaper in Nigeria.
If it’s a female carry plenty wigs, attachments
Male: clippers as well
Basically hair stuffs.
Pack more of sneakers.
I think that’s basically all I know.
You can check YouTube. A lot of Nigerians in Canada recommended things you should bring and things you should not bring.
Hope I was able to help?
[/quote]
What is universal charger

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Truthfully, nobody can tell your story like you will. So you will be doing the telling. I have some free time on my hands, you can send me an email by clicking on my moniker. Cheers

Kunfu:

Nope, can you assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Note
honorable I greet you sir
Please which schools would you suggest for a high school student wanting to study mechanical engineering bachelors degree
I think there’s a link you use to get names of schools out please I would appreciate if you can be of assistance
Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sillyking: 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hello, is anyone also going to Thompson's Rivers University Kamloops this fall, is there a WhatsApp group?

Can we connect?
Probably pair up and pay rent together?
Anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
What's up with the guy that went to Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya? Has he gotten his decision?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
dotoracs:
What's up with the guy that went to Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya? Has he gotten his decision?

I’m curious too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
I think it's Octavoral, any update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by osarodon(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2021
You obviously knew why am targeting 2 years course hehehe.

Thanks man

Lekiboboe:

Note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrischolars1: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
Shokoloko:
Good morning, please I need help.

I have a student coming in for studies at the University of Calgary. At the moment his hosts who promised to take him in for the first week while he makes arrangements for accommodation is no longer responding to calls and messages.

Can I please have someone to pick him up at the the airport this Sunday and possible get accommodation for just a week. i would be happy to pay

Thank you

Can you send your contact phone number to asi.scholars@gmail.com. We can help provide him with INFORMATION on accomodation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wd2454418: 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
afrischolars1:

Can you send your contact phone number to asi.scholars@gmail.com. We can help provide him with INFORMATION on accomodation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wd2454418: 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2021
Shokoloko:
Good morning, please I need help.

I have a student coming in for studies at the University of Calgary. At the moment his hosts who promised to take him in for the first week while he makes arrangements for accommodation is no longer responding to calls and messages.

Can I please have someone to pick him up at the the airport this Sunday and possible get accommodation for just a week. i would be happy to pay

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrischolars1: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Ha! If you change the course, then they will have to start the entire evaluation again. If you change School, you will submit a fresh application.... So what was the point of the whole JR. Na wah o

You should discuss this with the lawyer who handled your JR. The fact that the JR was settled out of court is not a guarantee that the application will be approved on reconsideration. So you should discuss any change your making with your lawyer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
Malone122:
honorable I greet you sir
Please which schools would you suggest for a high school student wanting to study mechanical engineering bachelors degree
I think there’s a link you use to get names of schools out please I would appreciate if you can be of assistance
Best regards
Hi chief, i greet you too

See the link below for

Undergraduate Degree programs in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING and CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES offering them
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Mechanical+Engineering&program_level_merged=Bachelor%27s%2FFirst+professional+degree&program_language=

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrischolars1: 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
wd2454418:
You better don't fall victim. Shine ur eyes very well....

Thank you. It was only an offer to assist. He is NOT obligated to accept it.
https://twitter.com/AfriScholars1?s=09
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2021
Good day house.

I was going through the thread and previous post but I have a couple of questions. Please can anyone help me clarify?

What's the importance of including copies of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings) to my application?

Secondly, I am going for my undergraduate, do I need to include a resume? When I have just my secondary certificate and I haven't been employed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Brawlscartel(m): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
People of God... I'm currently studying Bsc microbiology......in UNN....

I wanna do my msc either in USA or Canada ..... Though Canada is first choice due to 2yrs post study work visa...

My question now,after writing GRE and I'm above 300 can I secure either partial or fully funded scholarship??
Also what's the POF for Canada and USA...

I'm yet to decide where to major in msc Sha.. na msc when go land me with quick job Nia I wan reason...
If u have any good msc you can still advice thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yureyes:
Good day house.

I was going through the thread and previous post but I have a couple of questions. Please can anyone help me clarify?

What's the importance of including copies of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings) to my application?

Secondly, I am going for my undergraduate, do I need to include a resume? When I have just my secondary certificate and I haven't been employed.
@bolded is not a requirement.

And no, you don't need to include a resume.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrischolars1: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
mariam055:
Good morning all, I got my LOA just last month. An agent based in Canada requested I pay flat legal fee of $4000 cdn. Then government and biometric fees of $335 Cdn. A total of $4335 Cdn, to help me with my visa processing and any legal services required. Is dis worth it. Knowing fully well that am just trying to gather money for sch fees, accomodation, and my 3 yrs old son kindergarten fee in Ontario.. I also don't want my application to get rejected, cos I might just loose interest in the whole process. Any advice.

That amount is unreasonable and high. A Canadian immigration lawyer would charge half of that amount for a study visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yureyes:
Good day house.

1. The importance is to show family ties here In Nigeria. However, it's not compulsory
2. You don't have to especially if you don't have a study gap.

Wait for gurus to respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Unbin: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2021
He promised to provide update by COB Friday,. Pls I also waiting for his feedback

dotoracs:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ayindesegun10:

Like I said, totally different fields and due to some personal reasons which I explained in my SOP. The reason for my study in Canada isn't to japa. I need a BSc not MSc.
Weather your intention is to migrate permanently or not, you're taking a big gamble applying for another undergraduate program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
Oyesquare10:

What
That's 10months faa
Have you requested for your GCMS NOTES, raised webform, contacted an MP, email of at least 5 per day?
I have done all and still doing
Very sad �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
Victoryokondu:

Have you tried calling them directly?
I will do that on Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayindesegun10(m): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2021
shupy:

Weather your intention is to migrate permanently or not, you're taking a big gamble applying for another undergraduate program.
I'll leave that to the VOs to decide.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hello Ayindesegun

Going for another Bsc is an almost impossible task but not totally impossible..

Going for a degree you already have doesn't show career progression which may lead to a refusal..

In ma 4 years on this thread, I only know of 2 applicants that got an approval for another B.sc, that was why I said its not totally impossible.. [/b]You have your reasons for going for another B.sc, if you make your SOP almost perfect with convincing explanations, then you may just be approved....

[b]Another factor to consider is your age, if you are above 25 years going for another B.sc, then your chances are less than 20%.. The two applicants I mentioned earlier were 22 and 23 years.

But like we all know, this Canada journey cant be predicted, for someone(Nigerian applicant) recently getting an approval without Medicals shows protocols can be broken and impossibility can happen....

if truly you have genuine reasons for going for another B.sc, then good luck with it..

Peace

Ayindesegun10:
Good evening everyone, I graduated earlier this year, and my certificate and Statement of Results isn't out yet. [b]I'm going for another BSc (totally different field and due to personal reasons), [/b]so in order to explain study gap, since those aforementioned documents aren't out yet, Can I upload all my Tuition receipts and course forms as proof of enrolment (for study gap purposes only) along with a letter of explanation to explain my reason? Since I'm not going for Masters or postgraduate studies ?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (676)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.