Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684137 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MOBAN444(m): 6:40am On Jun 03, 2021
Good morning everyone.
I am a HND holder and an ICAN chartered accountant. I'm currently lecturing in one of the Nigerian polytechnics. As someone who is expecting a study permit, what area of IT knowledge would be advisable for me to acquire that would boost my workability in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2021
MOBAN444:
Good morning everyone.
I am a HND holder and an ICAN chartered accountant. I'm currently lecturing in one of the Nigerian polytechnics. As someone who is expecting a study permit, what area of IT knowledge would be advisable for me to acquire that would boost my workability in Canada?
The following Information Technology (I.T) skills will be essential for your ACCOUNTING PROFESSION in Canada

- Advanced Excel ability e.g Pivot Table, V-lookup, H-lookup, X-look up, index match
- ERP experience (e.g., SAP, Oracle)
- Expertise in data analytics, advanced modeling techniques and SQL
- Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g., IBM Cognos)
- Microsoft Visual Basic capability

You can learn some of them on YouTube, most especially from EDUREKA YOUTUBE CHANNEL
E.g Type "Edureka Advanced Excel" and check out the tutorials. Edureka has tons of tutorials on the above I.T skills

You can also ask this question on the LIVING IN CANADA THREAD, you should/would get a based on experience response from Nigerian immigrants in Canada who are ACCOUNTANTS

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2021
olabisi6438:
hi who dey

Depends have you filled the Re-admission form and send back to them? After you have done that the new LOA should arrive within 2-3weeks.

It will end with praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Officialksolo: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello,

I am making an arrangement to take my medical in IOM, please I would love to ask how many days does it takes them to send the medical to IRCC?

Thanks

Ekulu77:
Please documents like
Apart from the appointment letter, payment receipt and international please which other documents I'm I suppose to take for my upfront medical at qlife
Please anyone else can give a response
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2021
If you have ND pleasr go for PGD, unless you are less than 22 years

Ivydre:

I dont have a degree in Nigeria.
I had ND civil Engineering, to pursue a degree in computer science.
Although I have already been awarded a provisional admission letter.
Note: I did all applications myself.

Thanks to the everyone here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2021
Good morning gurus...

Pls I need help..

I got medical request this morning.

School resumed 17th May, 2021.

There's been no update on application since Feb until today.

So, because I applied for gcms note three weeks ago and still waiting for their response, I'm yet to defer.

What do I now?

Will my study permit application still be valid since I no resumed 17th May 2021?
Note: there's no online option for my program at Conestoga.

What do I do?

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ikechi17(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2021
Good morning, please how do I pay for my application for study permit my visa debit card is not working. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EngrEgghead: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2021
Bukoj:
Wow! Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing. You've stirred up my faith. I also attend NLP every morning. May Canada favour you in Jesus name, Amen.
You can say that again, Bukoj. ToluDstar really stirred my faith as well. I had no choice to pen down all the important actions he carried out. I am planning to take same steps right now.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello Samuel. It’s swiftcode... send an email to your admission officer to provide you with details to make payment for your fees.

Iberisamuel90:
Good evening gurus in d House, please can someome help me out on this issue;
My zenith bank is asking for my school swisscode for my form A method of payment. I'm trying to pay for my Humber college deposit fee for September intake, have not heard of swisscode for those dat has been paying with form A.
Pls who can assist me, preferably any humber college intake.
Thanks
Pls is urgent cos of my deadline �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Foski01:
Good morning gurus...

Pls I need help..

So, because I applied for gcms note three weeks ago and still waiting for their response, I'm yet to defer.

What do I now?

Will my study permit application still be valid since I no resumed 17th May 2021?

What do I do?
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Miyachi: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2021
Samken111:

The IELTS test costs approximately ₦75.000 in Nigeria. The price is consistent across British Council test centers for the IELTS Academic and General Training exams.

Have you registered for IELTS or you're planning to do so?

Are you having issues with preparation?

Do you desire to have a very high score in your first attempt?

If yes, I've got a solution you'll love.

And I'm willing to share it with you if you
Request via salakomicdavelink@gmail.com
All the best...
The price is now ₦79,000

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2021
Thanks alot...
emmy4Gold:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Miyachi: 9:02am On Jun 03, 2021
olabisi6438:
how much is ielts

make una help

₦79,000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kimewills(f): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2021
Jephehe:
I dey Kitchener.

Hi, please are you there for an undergraduate program, I
will like to pm you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 9:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello!

Greetings.
**Please i bhave some urgent questions**

1) My sponsor is my dad, if as a civil servant(him) without company, can he just give a letter of reference on his own that he is sponsoring me, without any letter headed company?

2)How much should my dad as sponsor have in his account?

3) With dad as my sponsor, i need to upload his Birth Certificate together with mine right? Can i include my 2or 3 siblings too and is our mother necessary?, just to show ties
Or just me & him?

4)If providing employment as home ties, if i provide just 2-3 monthly pay slips of the company in my document for prove, is it okay?

5) Lastly, for we Nigerians, it is GC-key right?
Can we create the account anytime even if am winter(Jan) 2022 or when we are ready to submit visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 9:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Foski01:
Thanks alot...
@ Foski01. My advice is, update your school informing them you just received medical request. As such, you would want to defer you Admission to Fall Intake 2021. Once the new admission letter is out. You can send it through web form to IRCC. Congratulations once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by krones: 9:11am On Jun 03, 2021
Pls good people, what am I supposed to choose here for a post-baccalaureate degree? Thanks in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ivydre: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2021
Sapte:
If you have ND pleasr go for PGD, unless you are less than 22 years

My application is direct entry, where I have to transfer credits from my ND to proceed with degree programme, also I am more than 22 yrs

Note: all credit transfer have been done and dusted, what's left for me is to get my students Visa and get on campus to start the session.

Please correct t me if I'm wrong at any point in time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by base83: 9:18am On Jun 03, 2021
[quote author=Ekerete82 post=102304547][/quote]

by God's Grace. Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 9:19am On Jun 03, 2021
krones:
Pls good people, what am I supposed to choose here for a post-baccalaureate degree? Thanks in advance
If you applied to a college, then it should be "Applied Degree". But if is a university it is either "Bachelor or Master's Degree"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Foski01:
Good morning gurus...

Pls I need help..

What do I now?

What do I do?
congratulations. Did you apply through NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2021
Ikechi17:
Good morning, please how do I pay for my application for study permit my visa debit card is not working. Thanks
Please, go and open a domiciliary account. Request for an ATM for the Dom account. Then you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tinuowo(f): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2021
bollybeejay:

I personally do not go by this subscription,your school doesn't have anything to do with your study permit application as long as the school is a dli approved by IRCC,I have seen many applicants gotten study permit with NBCC, NSCC and the likes, the most important is putting up a very good study permit application.
It will end in praise

Now I am confused! I wont lie. What should I do now? Continue with the NBCC? I already showed the person that want to pay for my NBCC app fee that the school is a no no with getting study permit..

I made a research about the school(NBCC) if they are under DLI and if I can apply for work permit after my studies and it was positive.. So I felt so devastated when I saw @frankrobbn’s quote that the school is not a good one for IRCC.

Please house kindly help before I proceed further..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ade2303: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2021
Foski01:
Good morning gurus...

Pls I need help..

What do I now?

What do I do?

Congratulations in advance.

When did you submit your application?
Did you submit along with NSE requirements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2021
I was given the NSE route option but I opted out...
atiteb4:
congratulations. Did you apply through NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2021
I submitted on 28th of Dec 2021...
Ade2303:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2021
Ivydre:

I have not had a bsc degree before, I applied by transferring my ND transcripts to pursue a degree.
What do you feel sir ??
An advanced diploma is what your should go for..

How do you explain the study gap and why a bsc in Canada and not Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2021
Thanks alot..
emmy4Gold:
@ Foski01. My advice is, update your school informing them you just received medical request. As such, you would want to defer you Admission to Fall Intake 2021. Once the new admission letter is out. You can send it through web form to IRCC. Congratulations once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2021
I submitted 28th Dec, 2021....

I was also given the NSE route option but I opted out.

Ade2303:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 9:40am On Jun 03, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

Greetings.
**Please i bhave some urgent questions**

1) My sponsor is my dad, if as a civil servant(him) without company, can he just give a letter of reference on his own that he is sponsoring me, without any letter headed company?

2)How much should my dad as sponsor have in his account?

3) With dad as my sponsor, i need to upload his Birth Certificate together with mine right? Can i include my 2or 3 siblings too and is our mother necessary?, just to show ties
Or just me & him?

4)If providing employment as home ties, if i provide just 2-3 monthly pay slips of the company in my document for prove, is it okay?

5) Lastly, for we Nigerians, it is GC-key right?
Can we create the account anytime even if am winter(Jan) 2022 or when we are ready to submit visa application?
Hi Emmalextemtop, I am not a Gurus. But I will suggest the following.
1. Yes your Dad being your sponsor can provide a sponsorship letter signed by him. He can as well make an affidavit of sponsorship to that effect.
2. 14M and above is fine. Depending on the number of dependant he has.
3. Yes, you can do all of these
4. Your employment is a proof that your finance and assests are good. Do well to submit your salary account statement. Providing pay slips is to show you are genuinely employed. For home ties, you can get a study leave letter from your employer and possibly state how lucrative your job and career is in Nigeria in your SOP
5. Yes......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foski01: 9:41am On Jun 03, 2021
Who has an experience on how to get medical examination done fast?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 9:48am On Jun 03, 2021
tinuowo:

Now I am confused! I wont lie. What should I do now? Continue with the NBCC? I already showed the person that want to pay for my NBCC app fee that the school is a no no with getting study permit..

I made a research about the school(NBCC) if they are under DLI and if I can apply for work permit after my studies and it was positive.. So I felt so devastated when I saw @frankrobbn’s quote that the school is not a good one for IRCC.

Please house kindly help before I proceed further..
Noel obingwa is a former student of the school, i ve seen many Nigerians and African students attending the school, in as little as i know about canada application, in as much the school is a DLI and one can get pgwp. Then its good. What can make the difference is only the course, i.e if the course is not related to ur former course.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.