Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (679130 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Blavkmaann: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
Amidst all the tension here, just watch my video, if you don’t smile Atleast 5 times, send me acct number I’ll send your data back for you!

In DOLLARS

HAHAHA

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uvray: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
RE: OlaqR Hello House,

Is Nigerian allowed to open a student GIC account?

Yes, CIBC bank for now though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olamiteni: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Na wa o.. I am scared of submitting my application o, I never even submit I don dey fear with all these. My application is lacking so many things
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2021
Comic relief. I've been laughing since. Congratulations and may Quebec, Canada favour you.

Blavkmaann:
����������
I’m shy, I made my debut YouTube video …. Just to test the cam, editing software and all that stuff

I ended up uploading it��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

Please watch and be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRb46LAbKk

It’s a little here and there
But we’re getting therE

Please subscribe, like and leave a comment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sleekcee: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
Big congrats to you .
gracedson:
I swear !!!
PPR just dropped for me !!!

This can only be God’s Grace.

I did not submit a lot of documents, I made lot of mistakes.

God !!!!

I will be back to post my timeline, thank you all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
Congratulations to you bro
gracedson:
I swear !!!

God !!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otukemena: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
I can’t remember getting a yellow slip when I did my biometrics in 2018. How do I go about it when I want to submit passport to Abuja though my biometric was done in Lagos?

Bayor65:

Please how do we get the Yellow biometric slip?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
osarodon:
Big congratulations

Please can you share documents you submitted.

I did, please check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bertram87: 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2021
Good evening everyone…..

I just received my GCMS note now…..kindly find attached….. Please gurus help look it up and translate what ‘request for medical exam’ and incoming correspondence mean at this point as I have done my medical upfront and passed on the 11th of June. May 14th applicant.

I will be waiting to hear from everyone….my body dey shake for the gym wey I Dey like this….!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2021
gaduchendu:
Please guys,

My application is in it's 8th week and still showing " we are processing your background check..."
Is it advisable to request for GCMS notes now.. Just wanna know what's going on, as in app progress.

Websites for gcsmnotes says "notes delivered 30-40 days" as in it takes 30-40 days in processing it. Please share your experience... Mehn!! 30-40 days seems too much or maybe na my blood just dey hot....

Thanks in advance
You can but it's highly unlikely you see any useful info.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Elixosodi:
Good day house,

So today I summoned the courage to email my school for deferment to the winter session and they replied me by saying they dont defer admission except on the ground of severe illness or death of a family member meanwhile none of the above is my portion. They said I have two options which are to resume classes from my home country or I forfeit the admission and reapply.

Dear Guru's in the house what do you suggest I do? Personally, I dont want to pay tuition fee until I see the decision of IRCC.

I am a May 24th applicant and I have ordered for my gscm note to know the current stay of my application. I sent an email today for my gscm note after I filled the form but I didn't get a message of acknowledgement or received. Is this normal?
If you will be provided full refund in the event of application refusal, even after you start class online, then resume class. If not, forfeit admission. You can still wait till end of the month before taking that step provided there's no deadline for forfeiture.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lizabeth36(f): 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
March 9th... I don dey get plan B like dis

Abbyfred:
Feb 27th oo its well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elixosodi(f): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
shupy:

If you will be provided full refund in the event of application refusal, even after you start class online, then resume class. If not, forfeit admission. You can still wait till end of the month before taking that step provided there's no deadline for forfeiture.

I was told to start classes online and pay later on if I eventually get a ppr how possible is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ManLikeMace: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
I’ve been following this tread since 2014 when I got admitted to university of Regina but couldn’t afford to apply for a visa. Fast forward a couple years and I finally applied in 2017 and got rejected. I applied as a sponsored person and I did the same again in 2020 and still got rejected even after doing everything I thought would make me get it. I submitted everything I’ve learnt from this forum and submitted an account statement with over N70m in transactions and a fixed deposit of about $55k CAD just kept aside for school for over 6 months but I still got rejected. I showed how I make my money and submitted all my invoices and CAC documents and my rejection was just silly when I got my GCMS notes. So I went for judicial review and they wanted a settlement so I agreed and I re-submitted those documents on the 4th of April 2021. It’s about 2 weeks to resumption and I haven’t heard anything. If you actually calculate the time from my application last year and the whole judicial review process it’s a year and one month already. I’m not writing this to discourage anybody but just to let you all know that this thing is a game of luck. So many people that apply and get rejected are over qualified and since it’s a game, the more you play the better your chances of winning. Also keep doing other things while you wait for them because the wait can be unnecessarily long. Lastly, remember that Gods time is best and there is a reason for everything. As much as I’d have loved to travel the first time I applied, I know God kept me here for a reason and every time I get rejected and think it’s a huge disappointment, I get blessed one way or the other. Keep trying and don’t loose hope but don’t let any decision be seen as negative to you. Remember this thing is a game of luck. Your next trial might just be your lucky one. Get all your documents right and try again if you’ve been denied, yes I know it’s hard and a long wait but in this life you should never give up. I have applied to another school in for the January start date just to prepare for any decision that isn’t an approval. I have also written my IELTS and I’m keeping some money in a foreign account just to make the application process smoother. I’m not making plans for failure, I’m just making sure I’m ready for whatever the same way I have ticket prices in my sight. Don’t give up, having a foot outside this country is worth investing time and money into. Have an amazing evening guys!
*please ignore any typos, I no sabi English like that*

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2021
ManLikeMace:
I’ve been following this tread since 2014 when I got admitted to university of Regina but couldn’t afford to apply for a visa. Fast forward a couple years and I finally applied in 2017 and got rejected. I applied as a sponsored person and I did the same again in 2020 and still got rejected even after doing everything I thought would make me get it. I submitted everything I’ve learnt from this forum and submitted an account statement with over N70m in transactions and a fixed deposit of about $55k CAD just kept aside for school for over 6 months but I still got rejected. I showed how I make my money and submitted all my invoices and CAC documents and my rejection was just silly when I got my GCMS notes. So I went for judicial review and they wanted a settlement so I agreed and I re-submitted those documents on the 4th of April 2021. It’s about 2 weeks to resumption and I haven’t heard anything. If you actually calculate the time from my application last year and the whole judicial review process it’s a year and one month already. I’m not writing this to discourage anybody but just to let you all know that this thing is a game of luck. So many people that apply and get rejected are over qualified and since it’s a game, the more you play the better your chances of winning. Also keep doing other things while you wait for them because the wait can be unnecessarily long. Lastly, remember that Gods time is best and there is a reason for everything. As much as I’d have loved to travel the first time I applied, I know God kept me here for a reason and every time I get rejected and think it’s a huge disappointment, I get blessed one way or the other. Keep trying and don’t loose hope but don’t let any decision be seen as negative to you. Remember this thing is a game of luck. Your next trial might just be your lucky one. Get all your documents right and try again if you’ve been denied, yes I know it’s hard and a long wait but in this life you should never give up. I have applied to another school in for the January start date just to prepare for any decision that isn’t an approval. I have also written my IELTS and I’m keeping some money in a foreign account just to make the application process smoother. I’m not making plans for failure, I’m just making sure I’m ready for whatever the same way I have ticket prices in my sight. Don’t give up, having a foot outside this country is worth investing time and money into. Have an amazing evening guys!
*please ignore any typos, I no sabi English like that*

Thank you very much.

Please, what was the reason for your latest refusal?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Obiag: 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
george009:
Please has anybody used British Airways to Canada before? Do you need a transit visa for a layover at London?

No transit visa required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Godmakesking: 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
Congratulations gracedson. My OPR will soon drop in Jesus name
gracedson:
I swear !!!

God !!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ohis30: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2021
where in Quebec are you?

I am in Montreal. McGill University Student...

let's link up

dotoracs:
Comic relief. I've been laughing since. Congratulations and may Quebec, Canada favour you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
gracedson:
I swear !!!

God !!!!

Congratulations �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obongkaks: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
The images re not clear. Try re-uploading

Bertram87:
Good
evening everyone…..

I just received my GCMS note now…..kindly find attached….. Please gurus help look it up and translate what ‘request for medical exam’ and incoming correspondence mean at this point as I have done my medical upfront and passed on the 11th of June. May 14th applicant.

I will be waiting to hear from everyone….my body dey shake for the gym wey I Dey like this….!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nana3287: 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
Please guys I need your advice. I applied for my study permit while pregnant and it has been approved. The challenge now is that I have given birth and I would like to travel with my child. Do I apply for a study permit for him? Ircc said my application has been concluded so I can’t add him to it, I will need a separate application for him. I will do my first semester starting September online so that I can process his application. Please kindly advice me on how to go about this. My son is 3 months old. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bertram87:
Good evening everyone…..

This section simply contains documents they have received from you and isn't really key info in regards to your application. Focus on the notes section, also what does your eligibility say and finally has info sharing been completed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by osarodon(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
How can I use one year Post Graduate Diploma to get 3 years PGWP.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 9:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
Omg! You are something else, this is hilarious.... Hahaha grin grin grin grin

Blavkmaann:
����������
I’m shy, I made my debut YouTube video …. Just to test the cam, editing software and all that stuff

I ended up uploading it��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

Please watch and be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQRb46LAbKk

It’s a little here and there
But we’re getting therE

Please subscribe, like and leave a comment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
Zocken:
Good afternoon people. Is there anyone here that is studying or has applied to Selkirk College? I am trying to obtain more information about the college

Thank you
I am in Selkirk, started online already . Still waiting for PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bertram87: 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bertram87:
Good evening everyone…..

I am uploading my gcms note again, I hope this works…….My Pre-assessment is blank, Eligibility blank, info sharing is saying complete. @shupy @Frankrubn @makano @mudiwest @all ……Biko, ejorh, please help look it up..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
Elixosodi:

I was told to start classes online and pay later on if I eventually get a ppr how possible is that?
It's a good offer. Start online.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bertram87:

I am uploading my gcms note again, I hope this works…….. @shupy @Frankrubn @makano @mudiwest @all ……Biko, ejorh, please help look it up..

Hello. You're just showing your correspondence page, which is showing documents you have submitted to IRCC. Check the first or is it second page that captured pre-assessment, eligibility, criminality, security, medicals etc

You're showing this page thinking the request for medical you're seeing there, whether it was a registered for medical, but what GCMS captured there is the up-front medicals you sent to IRCC.

Kindly avail us the first or 2nd page to know what the note says.

Gracias

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
gracedson:
No, I did not do anything, except that I ordered for my GCMS notes 2 Weeks ago.

You mean you didn't send them mail or webform as a reminder?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
Bertram87:
Good evening everyone…..

I can't denote anything from this page. The preassessment note and eligibility status is on page 2.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
Amicableoga:

You mean you didn't send them mail or webform as a reminder?
I did not, the only webform I sent was for additional documents.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2021
Mojiwealth:

March 23rd

The same day I reappliedd undecided undecided
E don tay o

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (676)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4