Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (680060 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otitodilijesu: 7:00am On Aug 25, 2021
Good morning NLanders.

Anybody with knowledge of school that accepts 2500cad or below as tuition deposit should pls help with it.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:10am On Aug 25, 2021
Otitodilijesu:
Good morning NLanders.

Anybody with knowledge of school that accepts 2500cad or below as tuition deposit should pls help with it.
Thanks

Conestoga college tuition deposit is 1500cad and refundable if visa is denied

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:12am On Aug 25, 2021
DemmyDD:
Pls can i use 3weeks bank statement?

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:16am On Aug 25, 2021
Uzland:
Please if one already has a Nigerian master's degree, does it enhance one's chances of gaining admission into a Canadian higher institution for a PGD and securing a Canadian study visa? Thanks.

Your application will not be approved based on purpose of visit.

If you are interested in pgd, do not mention your masters anywhere in your application or include the certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 7:19am On Aug 25, 2021
Oh! No problems about that, you can use it, but pls submit your application ASAP, latest by tomorrow.
DemmyDD:
Actually i have collected my sponsor statement since two weeks and four days but i got delay on some Documents i needed to add for the application. Thats why am asking if i can still use bank statement collected three weeks now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:21am On Aug 25, 2021
Good day all..

One of the persons i handled his application got approved without a medical request.

I am still stunned. Anything is just possible in this canada parole.

Might be an oversight though..

I still need that link for MPs in canada.. Thanks in anticipation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2021
DemmyDD:
Actually i have collected my sponsor statement since two weeks and four days but i got delay on some Documents i needed to add for the application. Thats why am asking if i can still use bank statement collected three weeks now.

Yes you can.. Submit your application this week. The remaining docs can be sent immediately after your biometrics via email or webform.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Enjay316:
ok thanks a lot bro.Can I book before I get the letter or I have to get the letter before I book?

Yes.. Please do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Presido95: 7:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Anon123:
Good day all..

One of the persons i assisted on his application got approved without a medical request.

Please what does this imply as I had a similar outcome. Does that mean I don’t need to do Medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 7:30am On Aug 25, 2021
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search?province=NS#

Anon123:
Good day all..

One of the persons i assisted on his application got approved without a medical request.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Presido95:

Please what does this imply as I had a similar outcome. Does that mean I don’t need to do Medicals?

You must do that medicals cos when you submit your passport, the VO will go through your application again to see if theres anything pending. That will delay your passport being returned to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 7:38am On Aug 25, 2021
uchman:
Does it mean that all applications must have landed properties because i noticed that almost all had...
Not really, you just have to show you or your family are well established in your home country. A business or a good paying job counts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kam3: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2021
Anon123:

If you are interested in pgd, do not mention your masters anywhere in your application or include the certificate.

If the person has done evaluation of his highest degree with WES or any other approved body, he might need to declare he have a Masters so that he won't be refused for misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Godmakesking: 8:01am On Aug 25, 2021
I think it is possible and normal now with IRCC. I have read in their website some time ago that ''If we approve your study permit application, we will ask you to do medicals" Secondly, they acknowledged that due to Covid-19 and it's protocols, some persons might not be able to do medicals before fall semester begins. Let us pray they approve our applications. Me i believe God that my study permit will be approved because what God cannot do does not exist. With God all things are possible.
Thaiy:

It seems IRCC are changing the game, there have been like 2 applications whose timeline reveal approvals without medical request.

It is in my opinion rare as many of such have not been seen, seeing it is not like their normal way of giving approval, as without medicals decision might not be reached

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2021
Send ur e-medical slip to Nairobi via webform
Temtem12:
But if I’ve done my medicals, where do I submit to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Chipo14:
Thanks everyone for your insight. I may have gotten back into the September stream as it seems they are considering the passionate appeal I sent earlier today. I await their final decision. Below is my timeline;

Application submitted - February 19
NSE request - February 25
Responded March 5
NSE ack - March 10. (I had everything for NSE except mybankstatement cos as at the time I wasn't aware first bank had it.)
Upfront medical updated - July 5
First GCMS - July 21 pre-assessment note said I didn't provide business documents for my sponsor (spouse) source of income. Recommend interview.
BVL - August 23
PPR - August 24

I came across this thread when I was getting frustrated with the wait. While I got to learn a lot from here it also made me start to doubt my decision about my application. I got two admissions one for PGD and the other for PGC. I choose to go for the PGC in applied business analysis. I have 14yrs experience in financial services marketing with a just concluded MBA in January 2021. I stated this in my 1.5page SOP. I attached my MBA admission letter and the results that were out as at the time which I later realized would have worked against me. I didn't pay much attention to the application as I was confident on my POF, personal asset and family ties (spouse and kids) will get me thru. Nairaland really opened my eyes and sometimes I get panic attacks when I visit here.

During the waiting period I wrote the MP and didn't get a response nor acknowledgement. I also couldn't send the business documents the junior VO couldn't see even though it was there initially. I sent several webforms some I got acknowledged other were ignored. About 2 weeks ago I ordered my second GCMS note and tried sending additional documents via webform and I was successful. I didn't know if the additional documents made a difference or not but I guess my pending gcms notes will tell.

P.S. I was refused Canada visit visa twice in 2018

Hello

Congratulations

Which school are going to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tinakem(f): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Good morning all. Please can someone awaiting SP create EE. What is the implications of doing that pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olajigaolamide: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2021
Does Police Clearance Certificate expires?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2021
Hi chipo14

Congratulations

Please which school are you going to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otitodilijesu: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2021
Anon123:

Conestoga college tuition deposit is 1500cad and refundable if visa is denied

Thanks brother. God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Anon123:
Good day all..

One of the persons i handled his application got approved without a medical request.

good day Anon.please can I book for biometrics before I get the letter?.i submitted last night and I was wondering if i need the biometric letter 1st before booking. 1st time applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obongkaks: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2021
Please do not try this. Someone recently received a refusal on the grounds of misrepresentation of facts for not disclosing he had a Masters degree. The Visa Officers do their due diligence on each application.

Anon123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Heffalump(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Canadian Universities and Colleges (DLI) don't require IELTS from Nigerian Applicants cos they know Nigeria is an English Speaking Country, the IELTS in admission requirements of Canadian Universities and Colleges (DLI) are for Non-English speaking countries e.g Vietnam, Indian , Philippine etc.

There are two types of STUDY VISA APPLICATION for Nigerian Applicants
- Normal Route
- The NSE route

The NSE route requires IELTS while the Normal Route don't require IELTS. So the choice is yours on the route you want your application to be processed with by IRCC.

Go to the first page (page 1) of this thread to read about the NSE route

Point of correction please, note that the choice is not yours entirely to choose the NSE route of SP application. IRCC will decide for you whether to go thru NSE.

Suffice to say that you don't absolutely have the liberty to choose NSE route during application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dorisdili: 8:43am On Aug 25, 2021
Hi guys,

I just got denied based on family ties in Canada and country of residence (Nigeria) and purpose of visa. Please how can I tackle this to reapply.

Could anyone please give me details on how to order gcms note?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 25, 2021
Dorisdili:
Hi guys,

I just got denied based on family ties in Canada and country of residence (Nigeria) and purpose of visa. Please how can I tackle this to reapply.

Could anyone please give me details on how to order gcms note?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Sorry 4 your refusal. If u have someone in Canada, he can help u.if not u could ask Anon. he has done it 4 so many ppl here with a token .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2021
Congratulations.

Chipo14:
Thanks everyone for your insight. I may have gotten back into the September stream as it seems they are considering the passionate appeal I sent earlier today. I await their final decision. Below is my timeline;

Application submitted - February 19
NSE request - February 25
Responded March 5
NSE ack - March 10. (I had everything for NSE except mybankstatement cos as at the time I wasn't aware first bank had it.)
Upfront medical updated - July 5
First GCMS - July 21 pre-assessment note said I didn't provide business documents for my sponsor (spouse) source of income. Recommend interview.
BVL - August 23
PPR - August 24

I came across this thread when I was getting frustrated with the wait. While I got to learn a lot from here it also made me start to doubt my decision about my application. I got two admissions one for PGD and the other for PGC. I choose to go for the PGC in applied business analysis. I have 14yrs experience in financial services marketing with a just concluded MBA in January 2021. I stated this in my 1.5page SOP. I attached my MBA admission letter and the results that were out as at the time which I later realized would have worked against me. I didn't pay much attention to the application as I was confident on my POF, personal asset and family ties (spouse and kids) will get me thru. Nairaland really opened my eyes and sometimes I get panic attacks when I visit here.

During the waiting period I wrote the MP and didn't get a response nor acknowledgement. I also couldn't send the business documents the junior VO couldn't see even though it was there initially. I sent several webforms some I got acknowledged other were ignored. About 2 weeks ago I ordered my second GCMS note and tried sending additional documents via webform and I was successful. I didn't know if the additional documents made a difference or not but I guess my pending gcms notes will tell.

P.S. I was refused Canada visit visa twice in 2018

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obilec: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2021
Good morning everyone.
Please those who recently arrived Canada fully vaccinated, kindly give a detailed narration on how your entry was handled. Did you do covid test? Or you just showed your vaccine card and it was scanned? Was the wait shorter than those who are unvaccinated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:01am On Aug 25, 2021
Is the person in Nigeria? Congrats to him/her .. This has been happening of late.

Anon123:
Good day all..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2021
Has anyone recently requested for his or her GCMS notes and got it in due time? Mine is now 20 days over due date. I ordered July 5 and I am yet to get it. I don send reminder taya. It is well!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Timegi99: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2021
Does booking for biometrics take time. Can you do it the next day after applying. I intend to pay online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dorisdili: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2021
Enjay316:
Sorry 4 your refusal. If u have someone in Canada, he can help u.if not u could ask Anon. he has done it 4 so many ppl here with a token .
I have someone in Canada but the person has no idea about how to order it. Please can you explain how to order it so I can relay the information. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.