Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (683759 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dorisdili: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2021
dotoracs:
Has anyone recently requested for his or her GCMS notes and got it in due time? Mine is now 20 days over due date. I ordered July 5 and I am yet to get it. I don send reminder taya. It is well!
please can you give me details on how you requested your gcms note? I need to request mine but I have no idea of how to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mojiwealth: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2021
Enjay316:
Congrats to all that has gotten their PPR.We sincerely wish u all the best as u have finally escaped this hell hole.
please u guyz should help share timeline and Documents submitted as this will help new bees know the right documents to submit.its not good to just come and ask other ppl 4 help and information. be of help to.others too by sharing timeline. if others like shuppy,lekkiboboe ,lianna nd hundreds of successful applicants leave the group without sharing docs nd timeline, a lot of us will not knw the information we knw today.The least u can do is share
ur timeline and documents. I hope one day, I will be able to share my testimony too in this group in The mighty name of Jesus.
thank u all

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2021
dotoracs:
Has anyone recently requested for his or her GCMS notes and got it in due time? Mine is now 20 days over due date. I ordered July 5 and I am yet to get it. I don send reminder taya. It is well!

I requested mine and got a confirmation that they recieved it on July 5 yet I haven't gotten it, I was told it takes longer lately. A consultant told me that he requested for 4 and he's yet to recieve the notes after 50 days. Let's be hopeful. They said between 30-60 days on their website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Evergreen694: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi honorable,

Who told you that you don't have work experience?? so you know,
Your 1-year Job experience at your PPA for NYSC is a job experience even if you were posted to a school to teach

Your work experience as a Corp Member would come in handy in your Study Visa application cos it's a mandatory program Nigerian graduates are expected to go for after graduating and are assigned to jobs in a location that they are not originally from.

Go through the contents in the two links below, you would see why your job at your PPA is a Job experience.

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/64#97741974

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/343#103627078

For Masters, the Major Admission intake is usually FALL INTAKE (SEPTEMBER), this is also applicable to most PG. Cert Programs.
There are also programs with January intakes but are very few. Do your research on the program of your choice to know the ones available for WINTER INTAKES (JANUARY).

As regards Masters for your Academic Profile

Sometimes last month, I read on Twitter that "the demand for crude oil is reducing in Canada, as electric/hybrid vehicles are replacing Gasoline vehicles gradually and this is reducing the relevance of Crude Oil in Canada to some extent.

That being said, the post advised graduates (Bachelor's, Masters) of Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering to go for research-based Masters in research areas like
- Energy and Sustainability
- Renewable Energy
- Bioenergy/Biofuel
- Environmental Engineering
- Pollution (Air, Water, Land)
- Environmental Engineering
- Greenhouse Gases (GHG) and lots more

There are lots of Research Opportunities (usually Fully-funded in terms of scholarship) in the above Research Areas, so take your time and do serious research on the above research areas you know within yourself you would be potentially good at (good fit) for a masters degree, after doing that, you can start doing your due diligence ASAP against 2022.

The contents in the link below is a detailed guide for you to go for a Research-Based masters in Canada. Relate the contents in the link below to your Proposed Research Areas for Masters and do the needful.

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

As regards College,

Go through the contents in the two links below, you might likely find it useful based on your Academic Background

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/163#98327731

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/165#98338935

If you eventually decide to go for College (PG.Cert), make sure you give cogent reasons on your SOP (for Visa Application) why you are going for a PG.Cert program in a College instead of a Masters degree program cos your good CGPA might be a concern to a Visa Officer on "why not a MASTERS DEGREE"?

As regards Employment opportunities, which is lucrative or not, go to the LIVING IN CANADA THREAD to make enquiries. There are chances you would get based on experience advice from folks who are also in the same field as yours.

Living in Canada
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/493

This above posts is just my own input, await more response from others so you can know the best decision to take

Thank you sir.
Concerning my NYSC experience you spoke of, I served in a school more a less like a secretary (the departmentdidn'trelate to anything I studied). Would that be enough work experience?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2021
Of course not. If The lands and the properties docs are to be scaled in order of important from 1-10. I'll give it a 2. Most VO's are majorly concerned about the liquid cash in your bank account and more worried if it's not borrowed or a loan. Not to write off properties but in a way it's used as hometies and source for subsequent funds in the future. So if you have other hometies and other sources of income you'll be fine. Most of the VO'S might not even understand the land documents or the policies behind them. They might not be able to verify the authenticity of the documents as well. With so many applications I don't think a VO will go out of his way to want to be sure if the properties actually exist or not.
uchman:
Does it mean that all applications must have landed properties because i noticed that almost all had...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2021
Ahh ahh kilode! Come be like say na VO write the bolded. Remember anything can happen sha grin
Anon123:

Your application will not be approved based on purpose of visit.

If you are interested in pgd, do not mention your masters anywhere in your application or include the certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
Please is there any phone number one can call to get across to IRCC? As a reputable government institution, shouldn't they have a valid phone number to reach them on? Why has nobody mentioned the phone call as an alternative to reach them?

They are not responding to webform, will not acknowledge receipt of documents sent via webform and will not respond to enquiries on applications. If you sent too many mails, they will just dash you a generic response. This is becoming frustrating to say the least. I need to call them on phone.

May14thApplicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 9:51am On Aug 25, 2021
Lol my bad. Yeah sure but it's best you get a new one. Bank statements are valid for about a month so if possible to get an updated one, please do!
DemmyDD:

I mean already collected 2weeks 4days ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LovelyAustin: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello house
Please I need help
I and my family are currently thinking Of relocating to Canada and I would love to know what my are. 1 am 28 and have only a ND in computer science. My husband is 37 and has a Bsc from a Cyprus uni. We have 3 kids and we are not thinking of applying through express entry as our chances as we know would be slim, please are there other options we can use? We don't also mind going back to school but we also don't know which one of us would be more eligible for a student visa. We have travel history from Cyprus, and we've also gone to Dubai and UK with 2 of our kids. Please help �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2021
Please book for your medicals ASAP.

Temtem12:
Please and please i need help
I applied for a study permit since May 15, 2021, Did biometrics May 26, 2021, they said I don’t need a medical( is that possible?). I’m meant to resume school September 12th and ICC haven’t gotten back to me and I’m getting worried . I’ve written an email to them but no response from there. They were meant to get to me around August 15 according to the processing times on their website. Please what can i do? ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2021
Mayordeb:
I just received a refusal mail today.
Submitted on May 2nd, a first time applicant

I was told some of my documents lacked authenticity.

Please what next can I do before reapplying because all my documents were genuine and I've also had a lot of trave history to the US, UK and Ireland.

df

Sorry your refusal. This refusal ground is a strange. Do you have an idea of any statement they may be referring to? Did you submit my bank statement? I hope our gurus can make input on this. Meanwhile, it is of utmost importance that you order for your gcms note as soon as possible, that is the only way you can understand and tackle this refusal ground.
Please stay strong and focused I pray God’s strength for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2021
From their site, I can see proof of asset or business sir. So I wouldn't blame whoever has asset with proof of ownership who wishes to add them as POF. See attached for your reference.

CountVersailles:

No mind Nigerians. Na Nigerians start all this land documents and stuff. Them no request am, them no need am. Some people even do the bare minimum and still get the visa. We go overboard sometimes because we fear rejection. And other times, somebody will come with some unverified news and then everybody will follow follow. In a country where if you take the wrong step, they can axe you immediately (Go back home and bring your certificate!), you can expect things like this to keep happening.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2021
Click on the link Below to order for your GCMS

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/672#105150330

Peace

Dorisdili:
please can you give me details on how you requested your gcms note? I need to request mine but I have no idea of how to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2021
Please visit: http://www.thegcmsonline.com/

It's N4,500. I used a wema bank debit card to pay. All the best.

Dorisdili:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2021
mamatee2:
Come and join me sing Halleluyah!
Jehovah Jireh has done it for me.
My PPR just dropped. BVL dropped some hours before.
I applied with my daughter. Her Eligibility Review started early this morning.
I also just got a request letter for authorization letter from my spouse for her to travel with me. I will send to them that shortly.

Indeed what God cannot do does not exist!
I am over the moon right now.
Thank you everyone for all that you do on this platform.
Will be back later with my timeline.

#May3 applicant

Congratulations. It is indeed a hope to us all at this time. May we all get our PPR soon in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2021
Benquip:
This Study Visa application just tells us that everything is based on the blessings and approval of God Almighty.
We have seen over qualified application and they got refused and also seen qualified application and got approved. The success of our application is based on what God has predestined for us all. There's is always a reason for everything in life if God can show us what will happen to us on the nearest future we won't try to question him on some setbacks that will propel us to be more successful.

I applied November 19 2020 and completed my biometrics 25 of the same month. Hoping to get Approval in Principle but got nothing and paid first semester fees and started class online January 6 2021 and blessing of refusal came in April 16th 2021 few days to the end of Ramadan. Reapplied May 6 by submitting updated files and addressing all the points raised in the GMCS note and the vague response from IRCC. Finished second semester August 14 and yet to get a decision on my study visa application.

God Bless is All as we receive our blessings of PPR and Congratulations to us all.

May God grant us our heart desires..

The wait is indeed sad and painful but God will see you through it all. You will not be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2021
RonkeDe:
Indeed, God is good and kind to me
First time applicant without NSE request

Application submitted: April 15
Biometrics: April 19
Upfront Medical: June 15
Correspondence letter: Aug 24
Passport request: Aug 24

Thanks so much for the numerous advice and support from everyone.

Conestoga college.

Congratulations. The Lord is good indeed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Y3mi11:
Hi everyone.
Good news ��. After applying twice for study permit. It’s finally a success!!!!

Application submitted: May 9
Biometrics: August 25 2020 ( last year application)
Medical request: July 22
Correspondence letter: August 20
Passport request: August 10
Passport sent to vfs: August 22

But I need your help with information about Covid-19 vaccinations. Please does anyone know where I can get Johnson and Johnson vaccine either in Lagos or Abuja?

Congratulations. It has ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Dorisdili:
Hi guys,

I just got denied based on family ties in Canada and country of residence (Nigeria) and purpose of visa. Please how can I tackle this to reapply.

Could anyone please give me details on how to order gcms note?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Hello. But you are in Canada since 2018.

Why didn't you apply for pgwp?. Or do in-canada application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2021
dotoracs:

I ordered since July 2nd. I never see am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dofrenzy: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2021
mamatee2:
Thank you so much Dofrenzy grin.
I also want to rejoice and dance on your behalf very soon.
And so shall it be in Jesus name!

Amen and Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2021
Tammy03:
Hello everyone
I have been trying to log in. Please, admin. I do not know what went wrong since 8.30am. Trying to share my son's PPR alert today.

I congratulate everyone that has received PPR . Also i pray that this joy will go round IJMN. All those expecti ng,keep on praying and be positive.
For those reapplying,do not give up.

My son's journey is a long one. About two years ago.i will share the full details later for people in this forum to gain .

#Two USA visa refuasals
#First Canada study permit refused with over six reasons. The annoying point is:you do not have enough money for transportation. I do think V.O did not go through the documents and SOP
#Second application :Received PPR for misrepresentation. We replied and was refused with one point:financial status and personal assets. I thank God he was not banned 5 to 10 years.
#Third application. PPR today.

Please be strong,if you have been refused. Be strong.
My son is 18years now. High School graduate. Admission at Lethbridge College,Alberta. To study Computer Information Tech. Two year with Co op.

Please, pardon my typo errors.

Congratulations to you both. May Canada Favour him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Obiag: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2021
Good Morning NL family, please what is the possible maximum time to wait for decision after receiving BVL. Eligibility commenced on the 23rd and BVL arrived midnight same date. Nothing from IRCC till now.
This waiting is killing me a slow death. 1st May applicant. Normal route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Is the person in Nigeria? Congrats to him/her .. This has been happening of late.

Yes he is in Nigeria though today he has gone to IOM to get it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2021
dotoracs:

What site did you use.

If its Atip, I have gotten for persons I applied for from July 1-22. Keep sending shaa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2021
mamatee2:
In addition to the IMM forms, below are the documents I submitted; for those asking.
I already dropped my timeline.

My Documents
SOP (6 pages)
LOA
Payment Receipt (First Semester)
International Passport Data Page and Visa Stamps
Marriage Certificate
Affidavit of Adjustment of Name
My Statement of Account
My Fixed Deposit Letter
My Shares Certificate
My Passport Photograph
My University Certificate and
My Professional Certification
My Resume
Letter of Introduction from my previous employer (I'm currently self-employed)
My First Daughter's International Passpot Data Page and Birth Certificate
My First Daughter's Study Permit (Currently In Canada studying)
My Second Daughter's Birth Certificate
NYSC Discharge Certificate
1 year Transaction Report for my personal business
Certification of Incorporation for our business
Memorandum and Articles of Association of our business
Letter introducing me as a partner in our business
Family Pictures

My Daughter's Documents (Acompanying Me)
International Passport Data Page and Visa Stamps
Her Birth Certificate
Digital Photo
Letter of Introduction from her school
Her School Report Sheets (Last 2 terms before application)

My Sponsor's (Hubby) Documents
Sponsor's letter of Employment
Sponsorship lettter from sponsor
Sponsor's International Passport Data Page and Visas stamps
Sponsor's Payslips
Sponsor's Resume
Sponsor's Introduction Letter from Employer
Sponsor's Statements of Account (3 MBS and 1 Foreign Account)
Sponsor's Property C of O with Picture of the property
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)

Thank you all.

Mamatee, from what I can see, you are not in your 30’s judging with ur children’s achievements, can you tell us your age to encourage those older generations here?
Sorry to ask for this, but this is to ginger me too being 43 already.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2021
Dorisdili:
I have someone in Canada but the person has no idea about how to order it. Please can you explain how to order it so I can relay the information. Thanks

If you are using someone in canada, tell the person to use Atip but you need a consent form with the persons details and then your details as well or you can reach me and I can apply on your behalf. Otherwise you can use third party sites like gcms note.com etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2021
Omiinii:
Ahh ahh kilode! Come be like say na VO write the bolded. Remember anything can happen sha grin

Lol.. Well.. I wrote that based on experience and what I have seen here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2021
My people please who knows the process of getting Official Enrollment letter from the University of Ottawa? Would it be sent to your Email address? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2021
Heffalump:

Point of correction please, note that the choice is not yours entirely to choose the NSE route of SP application. IRCC will decide for you whether to go thru NSE.

Suffice to say that you don't absolutely have the liberty to choose NSE route during application.
For Someone who submitted his/her application via the the normal route, there is an 80% chance such person would get an NSE request letter, and in the NSE request letter sent to applicants it states that an applicant should send so so document within a particular time frame, if such person is not able to provide those document within that time frame, it is stated on the NSE request letter that the study visa application would continue to be processed via the Normal Route.

Apart from the conventional requirements for Study Visa Application , if an Applicant is able to submit the NSE requirements e.g IELTS test result, MybankStatement Ticket etc. with his/her study visa application, it's very likely such applicant won't receive an NSE request letter.

You can either decide to opt for the Normal processing route or the NSE route, whichever is your preference.

At the end of the day it's still all about choice

Read the last statement on the NSE request Letter below (see image)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2021
Obiag:
Good Morning NL family, please what is the possible maximum time to wait for decision after receiving BVL. Eligibility commenced on the 23rd and BVL arrived midnight same date. Nothing from IRCC till now.
This waiting is killing me a slow death. 1st May applicant. Normal route.

Usually within 24hours. But there had been exceptions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Patricknetter: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello
Pls, I want to defer my program till january 2022, but I'm confused on what that means for my visa application, which is still on progress, If the visa comes out let's say October this year, will I still use the same visa and travel next year or do I need to update some stuff. Please I really need ur help guys, I don't want to make mistakes
���

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.