Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684056 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2021
Oviebright:
please I asked some questions in the previous thread nobody answered me please I’d appreciate a response from anyone please and thank you . If a bank statement of inflow of 8 million within 6 months would be strong enough and how do I go about my processing after granted admission. And I’m scared to carry on the process without my agent. He’s only secured admission for me. I’m new here please I’d appreciate a response.

Hello Oviebright,

What good is a good-inflows within 6 months without a good sitting balance? It is almost luck for a BS with good inflows but a fairly average account to get approval.

For your SOP/LOE writing and other assistance, follow (reach out) to GCMSWriters on IG, Twitter, and/or Telegram. Quote Nairaland as the referral place.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:54am On Jun 06, 2021
EPICUnleashed:
Hello everyone,

Please I would like to know how I can get affidavits during this court strike situation that we are in

I would also like to know where I can still get the affidavits if possible

Or if there are other documents similar to affidavits that I can get

I would also like to know how everyone is coping with the whole court strike situation.

Thank you

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice

Hello EPICUnleashed,

Patronize the notary public lawyers.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2021
Whale2018:
Good morning House.

I have a concern to share as regards student permit application and require a quick response from those knowledgeable in this area.

Is it advisable to apply for a U.S. student permit visa for a two years course that starts in August 2021 after submitting a second application (after the first denial) for a Canadian study permit for a 2 years course that starts in September 2021 because the wait is tiring?

Should I go ahead with my U.S. student visa application, bearing in my that Canada is my priority?

If the U.S. approves and stamps my passport for the same period as my course of study in Canada, should Canada request for my passport, would there be a course for concern given there is a valid U.S. study visa on it?

Can I have my passport stamped by both countries for the same academic study periods?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Whale2018,

The two countries' immigration systems and visa processing differ. What doesn't differ is that both authorities recognize the importance of "change and improved personal situation."

There won't be any implications of having the same visa type running concurrently in both countries. If peradventure both countries consider the application, the decision is for you to choose based on your priority the country to study.

It will also be your burden to ensure you keep to the passport submission deadline as will be advised by both countries' immigration authorities.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:24am On Jun 06, 2021
Ishola049:
Hi,
Good day House
I got admission to sheridan college for Fall 2021, but my uncle is my sponsor and he leaving in canada over 20yrs ago, what are my chances he has paid for my first semester fees. He got an agent for me overthere to do d process which I have submitted all documents before 15th of may and i have also done my biometric but d agent told me to conduct ielts which am planning to do.
Please house what are my chances, and I have a travelling experience to dubai.
Kindly tell me what are my chances

Hello Ishola049,

Why beat yourself up over nothing. You've applied already, why not try to wait to find out the outcome. No answer can be given that will make accurate sense.

Preferably, talk to your agent about the visa possibility, you would get a more accurate response from the agent than anyone here.

Your chances are good if you meet the IRCC requirements and if your sponsor as a Citizen/PR in Canada is eligible.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 11:09am On Jun 06, 2021
lightswitch007:
Hi everyone,
This month I applied for SOWP. On 24th May 2021, I sent a web form attaching my upfront medical sheet. On 29th May I got an acknowledgment email that my file will be forwarded to the responsible office. I found out my file is located at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.

In my form, I specified applying from the Philippines as I'm a resident here (all my documents are from here only my property document are from Nigeria) and the approval rate for SOWP here is high within a month or two, my wife's SP got approved within a Month. I would like to ask if is usual for Nigerian citizens even though living overseas to be processed in Nairobi, Kenya?.

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advise. Thanks

Hello Lightswitch007,

It involves three key factors: the workload, backlogs, and/or availability of officers of the "home" primary office (Nairobi; Nigeria) and the "resident" primary office (Manila; Nigeria).

On most occasions, the applications of applicants residing abroad are mostly processed in the visa office of the country they (currently) reside in or the regional visa office of IRCC.

Some other factors could also be any of these reasons under:

- Application of local assessment and survey to reach a decision.
- Visa/Application processing policy change.
- Re-distribution or transfer of the case file for verification and confirmation of fact i.e. employment, sensitive and privy information, etc.
- Transparency and justification without sentiment due to religion, region, and culture bias or prejudice i.e. Christian/Muslim, China/Hong, and Government/LGBTQ+, etc.

Other official reasons could be:

- IRCC discretion
- Priority (Head of States, Head of Governments, Kingdom Rulers, Ministers, Ambassadors, etc.

If you find this post interesting and insightful, don't forget to follow GCMSWriters on Instagram, Telegram, Twitter for more insightful updates.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2021
Is there a problem if someone log into his gckey Account always? I noticed that applicants are asked not to login until they received an email confirming an update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2021
Who told you not to log in. Na wa oh.
EmeeNaka:
Is there a problem if someone log into his gckey Account always? I noticed that applicants are asked not to login until they received an email confirming an update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Can I send two webforms for the same issue? I have agent that said he has forwarded mybanks statement Ticket ID through Webform but no acknowledgement since. If I resend it myself, is it any problem?

Hello EmeeNaka,

It is no problem for as long as you have your application number.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2021
Something I was checking ten times a day grin grin

Infact my life was on my app wink

EmeeNaka:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

My discipline is as follows:

1) Diploma in Computer Engineering

2) B.Eng in Computer Engineering

3) M.sc in Information Technology

4) M.Sc in Electrical Electronics Engineering

I'm 37 years old with a family of two and I want to apply for Canada or USA for a doctorate degree.

Do you think I stand any chance based on my age?

Is it better off I go the Canadian immigration route?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Hello YakubuLagos,

Age when adequately justified isn't an issue in immigration. It becomes so if it was not justified.

For academics, the US has more universities and funding opportunities than Canada. This is not to say Canada has less.

For immigration, both countries could spell differently in a similar way. Canada seems better off with its immigration policies.

In summary, your plans or future projections should be a key assessment for you to reach a decision. I am trying to say that your question is a personal decision.

Best of Luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello EmeeNaka,

It is no problem for as long as you have your application number.

Best of Luck
okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
Sleekcee:
Please when a PR wants to help you apply for GCMS notes, will they fill the section 1 of the consent form? Where u have the designated representative information in addition to the applicant filling the section 2 or is it just the section 2 the applicant will fill and that's all? Please assist with a response.

Hello Sleekcee,

I am not sure if you've gotten your answer irrespective, I'll drop my answer. Section 1 is for the person assisting you. Section 2 is for you (PA) and other sections for accompanying dependents.

Append your signification with blue ink only and the form can be filled by hand with a pen or computer-assisted writing.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 12:47pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ysakaws1:
After getting my visa was when I just knew that there is no longer an available seat for my program at UWinnipeg. I am supposed to resume by August, but now I have been given a new LOA for January. The school however promised to mail me in case there later becomes an available seat for August.

My question is ‘am I supposed to inform IRCC that I am no longer resuming by August due to unavailability of seat?’ If yes, can I wait till like July ending before informing them, since the school already promised to enroll me should a seat becomes available?

NB: My stamped passport is already with me.

Hello Ysakaws1,

It is not necessary. You are still resuming the same DLI. There is also no harm if you inform them. Either way, it is a goal.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sechee(f): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2021
Please which courses/related courses can one study for someone who did Biochemistry B.Sc, for undergrad studies, at a fair price, coz the fees are so high for tuition. Please any assistance would be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEYOT88: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2021
Yes everything for the whole duration of his schooling

Enjay316:

his full fees like for the whole duration of his schooling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2021
dunnibaby:
Good morning everyone. God bless you all for the great works you are doing here. I have read a lot here, yet I am confused on which route I should take to Japa
from this country. I want you all to assess my chances before I venture into anything.
I will be 36 in 2 weeks. I am married with 3 kids. I have ND accounting (2004) , Bsc Accounting (2008), Msc Policy Analysis (2016). I have done WES for my Msc. I also work with a federal government agency as an internal auditor for about 10 years now. I have done IELTS and passed 9,9,7.5,7 in R,L,W,S, respectively.

The initial plan is to go through the EE, but I couldn't garner more than 446 points, even with hubby, who is 39years. This endless wait for FSW draw is also discouraging to say the least. Hubby works with a government agency and has 17 years experience.

On the other hand, if I want to go through the study route, I can only do a PGD because my BSc. Grade is 2:2. How do I convince the VO of going for a PGD after obtaining MSc?

For POF, hubby has some money, and he has a friend who is willing to sponsor

If I may add, I have a very rich travel history to the US, UK, France and other countries...

Please gurus, help me. Whats my best chance?

I will need advise please and yes, I am open to any form of it.
God bless

Hello Dunnibaby,

I will drop my little advice as carved out of my opinion. Any program you should opt for should be a reversible or two-side reflection of your work experience and education.

The following programs fit into the described scenario. If can go for UCW or New Brunswick University's MBA/Business management courses. You have work experience that could count as positive despite your low CGPA. Your last 2-years GPA is there too to count as a positive.

Another critical look should also be placed in some of these courses listed below in colleges for their PGD/C programs.

• Business & Data Analysis
• Business & Information Data Analysis
• Risk Management
• Marketing Analysis
• Management Information System
• Financial Accounting Analytics (this could be tricky due to your accounting background)
• Organizational/Professional Management

Just my suggestion, if your EE profile is still active, maybe you should source for a PNP nomination. You can check OINP, NBPNP, SINP (Accounting Technician, though regulated) which I believe you may have already done given the age factor and point dropping.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WummieWummie: 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2021
Ok... Thank you for your response. Will the result of the medical be sent to them directly or will I be the one to send it myself?
buchito1:
Go ahead and do upfront medicals.

It's always adviced here. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Hassan19: 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2021
I’m about submitting my application for January program and I booked my upfront medical which is in June 21st. Should I hold till I get my medical slip and submit it together or submit now and upload via web form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MShud: 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2021
WummieWummie:
Hello everyone
I have done my biometrics on 31st but I didn't submit my application with upfront medical. Should I go ahead and do the upfront medical or wait for IRCC to request for it?
Please anyone with idea of what to do?
Thanks

I feel it's your choice to do that, either upfront medicals or you wait for IRCC. I heard the wait for their request always most times shows positive signs of approval don't know how true but it feels so from previous applicants

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2021
Hassan19:
I’m about submitting my application for January program and I booked my upfront medical which is in June 21st. Should I hold till I get my medical slip and submit it together or submit now and upload via web form.
Submit everything together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
30 days

happachris:
How many days did you received a reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
Sechee:
Please which courses/related courses can one study for someone who did Biochemistry B.Sc, for undergrad studies, at a fair price, coz the fees are so high for tuition. Please any assistance would be appreciated
If you have a 2.2, visit the link below for

PG. Cert in BIOCHEMISTRY related programs and the Colleges offering them

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/254#99028079

If you have a Minimum of 2.1, go for a Masters in Biochemistry or related program

As regards fair price, there is nothing of such to study in Canada, financial readiness is very Essential , you need to have money. You need to have like $15,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD) upward for tuition (depending on the tuition of the program you wanna go for), apart from tuition, a year Living Expenses of $10,000 CAD is compulsory (Via the Normal Route), if its via the NSE (Nigeria Express Entry) route, you need to have $30,000 CAD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Annettevoke(f): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2021
Any March applicant with medical passed?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fortuneforever: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
Good day everyone,

I applied for a study visa with my husband as sponsor, do I need to submit my own bank statement? My closing balance is at 250k, I feel is quite small even if the cash inflow is consistent due to allowances and a small farm investment returns.

Does he need to pay the school fees since the school offers full refund?

Please help
Thank you for your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2021
happachris:
Good morning house. My name is tolu. Thank you for your work from everyone. I got a reply from the embassy of a refusal. I applied on October 30 and got a reply on may 31 2021. I have started classes and I have done exam on Saturday sef.

It state like this;

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Please what do I do as I prepare to reapply soon.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Hello Happachris,

You may want to give more information on the officer's concern ground; documents submitted, budget & financial commitment toward your study, sponsor, your employment and economic establishment, etc. This will allow people to have some clarity to share their helping suggestions with you.

However, in my take, I think you should reapply immediately even without the notes (, but this should be your final decision). Tackle the main reason coupled with home ties (economic).

Pay for your tuition (if it hasn't been done), include BS/MBS (personal) and payslip (if applicable), change sponsor (if applicable), open a GIC (if applicable), and round up with a good letter.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Hello Everyone and Gurus in the house,

Please I need help with some questions - response from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

1. What are the requirement needed to apply for study permit for my children (Ages 4,10 & 13)

2. What documents are needed?

3. How will their SOP look like? (Will be grateful to receive samples SOP from anyone)

4. Will they be required to carry out biometrics?
Thank you

Please I will really appreciate a response

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zocken: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2021
shupy:

I already answered your question. Is the statement below not clear? I told you what I would do in your situation. I have edited it a bit.

"Some people have been able to secure their study permit with low IELTS score, but I personally wouldn't take the risk. Submit MyBankStatement and write a letter of explanation stating you're unable to submit IELTS result because the earliest available date to sit for an exam is way beyond the deadline"

Is generally IELTS allowed when using NSE?

And if you decide to submit the IELTS result like that, I see no reason for a letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2021
shupy:

You are applying for your children to join you. I don't think it's called study permit. There are very few people on this thread that can provide proper guidance when it comes to family application, @Frankrobbn1 is the only one I can think of. Those that have been able to successfully apply for their children, understandably won't have time for nairaland after awhile. If you've seen such success stories, you might need to send PM to the poster. There's one particular lady but I can't remember her moniker. She's no longer active like she used to.

Good Day @Frankrobbin 1, please I sent you an email.
Kindly respond when you get this, I really need your help with my children's application.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zocken: 3:01pm On Jun 06, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok

The Two PG. Cert programs listed below has components of Mining, Geology/Geophysics, Hydrology, Drilling which I feel is related to your Petroleum Engineering degree.

Take your time and go through all the contents in the links below

PG. Cert in Environmental Engineering Applications
Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications/courses?id=22106

PG. Cert in Environmental Monitoring & impact Assessment
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/#falltext
K
The only downside of the above programs is that, it's only available for SEPTEMBER (Fall) intake. So if you are interested in any of the program, you are to apply for the FALL 2022 Admission intake. Fall 2022 admission application would open by Late JANUARY 2022

Boss,please help with reputable schools for PDG in Accounting, preferably in , Sask or Manitoba. I am just wary of all these colleges. Start is early 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2021
What does the wait-list implies at connestoga?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Hassan19: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2021
shupy:
Submit everything together.

Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2021
winta2007:
After sending different mails to supervisors without a reply in the University of Saskatchewan. Is it advisable to apply for a post graduate diploma in Food Science and Technology. Besides I graduated with second class upper 4.0 at my B.sc level in Food Science and Technology. Any suggestions?

Hello Winta2007,

This may not show progression. Except for the idea that you are the 'baddest' writer and want to play the writer's game with the officer on why you graduated with an upper class in a first degree, but you are trying to finish first this time in your class.

Don't you think the officer is also a clever and meticulous reader too? The officer might be curious to read more to find out what is it are your reasons and poised that maybe a Master's program should have been best to demonstrate that prowess?

The officer will always win here. But, using a PGD/C in related courses to create your writing, if convincing, you may win. This balances the equilibrium.

These are some related courses that can count as progression in PGD.

• Food Microbiology
• Food Biochemistry
• Food Plant Safety and Hazard Analysis
• Management of Food Processing (Industries)
• Food Processing Technology

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.