Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? (22506 Views)

“MY Dad Has Entered One Chance” Daughter Of Old Man Who Fell In Love Wit IG Slay / Reputable Oil & Gas Conglomerate Fresh Graduate & Exp.job Vacancies-47 Positions / Reputable Oil & Gas Conglomerate Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (47 Posit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by emmaobi2(m): 7:06pm On May 23, 2021
Good evening everyone
Trust we all had a good day
There's something bothering me I need answers too...

Can a man at d age of 47 still get a job? sad

4 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by iampeterben(m): 7:09pm On May 23, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

Yeah sure sir

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by emmaobi2(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2021
Yeah sure sir[/quote]

Thanks for your reply bro ,buh won't age be a barrier considering d current happenings in d country
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Emmie224: 7:14pm On May 23, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

Depends on if he has the qualifications or ability to do the job he wants to do. And the job does not have an age limit.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by emmaobi2(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2021
Emmie224:

Depends on if he has the qualifications or ability to do the job he wants to do. And the job undecided does not have an age limit.

The person in question studied agric economics buh has been working as a business admin manager for 18yrs before the IT company folded up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Emmie224: 7:37pm On May 23, 2021
emmaobi2:

The person in question studied agric economics buh has been working as a business admin manager for 18yrs before the IT company folded up

I've never employed anyone and I don't know how that works but I feel like despite what that person studied, the person's years of experience is worth a lot. It'd just take applying to as many job openings as possible to find the right fit.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by emmaobi2(m): 8:18pm On May 23, 2021
Emmie224:

I've never employed anyone and I don't know how that works but I feel like despite what that person studied, the person's years of experience is worth a lot. It'd just take applying to as many job openings as possible to find the right fit.
Thanks for your opinion

8 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by emeijeh(m): 9:13pm On May 25, 2021
At 47?
Guy stop thinking like a 20-year old.
Kill the mentality of working for someone.

Don't tell me you didn't save a reasonable amount of money for the 18 years you worked there.
Be independent please.

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by GboyegaD(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2021
Yes you can. Just articulate your experience well and emphasize on your value adding skills.

11 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by id4sho(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

Qualifications?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by ViolentMooslim: 9:14pm On May 25, 2021
At this age,

Such a pity.

May Allah punish Nnamdi Kanu.

Meanwhile, in another news, Shekau is still waiting for his virgins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 25, 2021
e can many work dey this life Sha.. I'm sure e will definitely see if he has the right connection..
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by DropsMic(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2021
if Buhari can, so can you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by ictjobber: 9:15pm On May 25, 2021
Of course

2 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2021
Why not?

If he has years of experience and expertise, why not?

I'm almost that old and I just got a job to do what a company needs done.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by chrisxxx(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2021
If he has worked that number of years it is his turn to employ others.

9 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by ihatebuhari(f): 9:15pm On May 25, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by MARKone(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2021
A friend of mine who is in his mid 50s got a very nice job recently.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Naijaguy12345(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

Managerial or senior positions, very possible

4 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
YES , You can.
Never say Never.
It is not too late until it is too late.....

Let us give more insight to this,
Sorry to be so blunt.
Some older people searching for jobs are too cool to look needy.
Most people don’t really use their network to get a job. And the truth is people hire people they know.
You have got to pick up the darn phone.
Ask for help and advice.
If you don’t establish any personal connection to the company, it’s probably a waste of time to even fill out the application
Don’t be reticent about digging way back into your network even to colleagues you worked with three decades ago, or high school classmates, even parents of your kid’s friends.

Another thing is that older applicants must Work on their resume.
Don't throw something together and think it’s clear to anyone who reads it how amazing you are, how top of the line, award-winning spectacular.
But not everyone even knows the significance of your accolades.

You have to bring your “A” game to the interview.
Some older applicants believe they are more qualified than the person who is interviewing them.
You cop an attitude, maybe without even realizing it. You might try to tell them why their job description is faulty in some way, or unrealistic, even.

If the person interviewing you is younger, you can come across as condescending or professorial.
You might be resentful that you’re actually in this awkward position of having to come to their office hat in hand.

We hope this helps.
All the very best.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by iampeterben(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

Even a 70yrs old man can not to talk of you.

6 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
If u know somebody dat knows somebody
But I advise u to start something urself, employ urself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by sonchuks1(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
iampeterben:

Yeah sure sir

The direct answer to your question is YES!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by bbode1(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
In academics. It's very possible.
And with jobs that requires 10yrs experience and above. Normally in big companies. Like dangote, Coca-Cola etc. Even banks sometimes. Just keep searching for a perfect fit. U see

2 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
People lose their jobs at that age and still get another.
Your past experience, skillset, education,qualifications determines how fast you can get one.
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
iampeterben:

Even a 70yrs old man can not to talk of you.
GBAMSOLUTELY!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
emeijeh:
At 47?
Guy stop thinking like a 20 year old.
Kill the mentality of working for someone.
Be independent please

There are jobs and there are jobs.

I've seen a 52 year old engineer get a Team Lead job that paid N1.5million per month with accommodation in a highbrow area in Abuja with a chauffeured car.

Imagine that kind of salary and you aren't paying rent or transportation........

Do that for 3 years and tell.me you don't have capital in the millions for any business you want.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Oyindidi(f): 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
Yes if him dey alive

6 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by boolet: 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
With experience, yes

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unadvertised Openings / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? / Workforce Employability Test Exam Id Here.check Here For Your Id

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.