Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? (22512 Views)

“MY Dad Has Entered One Chance” Daughter Of Old Man Who Fell In Love Wit IG Slay / Reputable Oil & Gas Conglomerate Fresh Graduate & Exp.job Vacancies-47 Positions / Reputable Oil & Gas Conglomerate Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (47 Posit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Cowbell521: 9:17pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone
Trust we all had a good day
There's something bothering me I need answers too...

Can a man at d age of 47 still get a job? sad
Wetin U fit offer sir?
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by richboy01(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2021
His years of experience are golden.
He just needs to keep applying
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Naija4love(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2021
Yeah if he give football age
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Mavrick2012: 9:18pm On May 25, 2021
emeijeh:
At 47?
Guy stop thinking like a 20-year old.
Kill the mentality of working for someone.

Don't tell me you didn't save a reasonable amount of money for the 18 years you worked there.
Be independent please.
a typical Nigerian motivational speaker,full of theories.

4 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Cowbell521: 9:19pm On May 25, 2021
ihatebuhari:
Hmmmm
C bumbum
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Seniorwriter(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2021
@47 OP you should be thinking of Investments....To hell with Offline Jobs when you can earn good hard currencies via ONLINE JOBS
DropsMic:
if Buhari can, so can you
Hilarious...
Who employed Buhari? Seems Buhari no longer respect the wishes of his employers(Citizens). SMH

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by joedave(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:

The person in question studied agric economics buh has been working as a business admin manager for 18yrs before the IT company folded up

In certain cases, companies don't require your age that much. The guy in question here has 18 years of being an admin manager. That's impressive. It's more of an advantage rather than low turn.

What he can bring to the new establishment is also what employers will require, including ability to negotiate his expected remunerations reasonably.

Good luck.
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by LightUpWithKemi: 9:20pm On May 25, 2021
Very certain but these are hard times, he can start his own IT biz.

Doing giveaway to celebrate children's day. Watch and subscribe my video uploaded for Candace@1 and other videos.

Navigation: Start from my signature.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Bahrain: 9:20pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

It is not by Age, but by grace.

4 Likes

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by juman(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2021
Of course yes.
As you described he has lot of years of experience.

1 Like

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by emeijeh(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2021
Mavrick2012:
a typical Nigerian motivational speaker,full of theories.
Do you even know how much cab drivers make weekly?
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Thinktwicemybro: 9:20pm On May 25, 2021
So far he has something to offer, yes
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 25, 2021
Yes, as a driver, cook etc

1 Like

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Cokahot: 9:23pm On May 25, 2021
Gardener,gateman,car wash,newspaper vendor
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by iswallker(m): 9:26pm On May 25, 2021
You Waited till the phony IT Coy folded before bringing this stupidity to Nairaland

What happened to your sense.. lipsrsealed
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Eriokanmi: 9:26pm On May 25, 2021
Yea, sure. It all depends
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by lanre88(m): 9:26pm On May 25, 2021
Sure but would advise you do networking.

The return is out of the world.
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 25, 2021
Please help me with any amount to get something to eat. I'm in deep hunger right now. Thanks God bless.
22 09 10 68 51
Zenithbank
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by fortune1968: 9:32pm On May 25, 2021
ViolentMooslim:
At this age,

He should be preparing to die.

Anyways, if you quote me, may Nnamdi Kanus mess fire you in Allahs name
you should be a reasonable person . Being a senseless person doesn't pay .
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by gasparpisciotta: 9:33pm On May 25, 2021
emmaobi2:
Good evening everyone

Once you cross a few things off this list you are good to go;
1. Have you acquired enough skills and certifications to be employable regardless of your first degree?
2. Can you build on the contacts you have developed over this 18years?
3. Are you versatile enough to adjust to your new environment and build a business with it?
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by omolola100(f): 9:34pm On May 25, 2021
Yes nah at car wash.
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by OMOJOHN001: 9:39pm On May 25, 2021
SURE and YES 100%

But the koko be say, Did you have CONNECTION?? if yes then you're good to go.

This is Nigeria, Even ghost do get a job, or haven't you heard of ghost workers before, they collect salary and spend it in the ghost world.

Just be wise anything is possible in this country. Mostly under this regime.
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by OMOJOHN001: 9:39pm On May 25, 2021
SURE and YES 100%

But the koko be say, Did you have CONNECTION?? if yes then you're good to go.

This is Nigeria, Even ghost do get a job, or haven't you heard of ghost workers before? they collect salary and spend it in the ghost world.

Just be wise anything is possible in this country. Mostly under this regime.
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by gassbee: 9:40pm On May 25, 2021
Only if u have quality work esperience with some professional certifications
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Bigsunny01(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2021
If bubu was elected to serve dis country as a president den I don't c dis tittle so relevant
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 25, 2021
May God give you this wish.... Also prepare to die. U son of a bastard. A useless being toiling the earth. Darkness unto ur soul. Woe unto ur spirit. Ur time is getting closer. Cant u see it? Woe unto u. Woe!!!!
ViolentMooslim:
At this age,

He should be preparing to die.

Anyways, if you quote me, may Nnamdi Kanus mess fire you in Allahs name
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:44pm On May 25, 2021
Yes you can... With God all and all things are possible... dont you give up!!

1 Like

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by azzima(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2021
emeijeh:
At 47?
Guy stop thinking like a 20-year old.
Kill the mentality of working for someone.

Don't tell me you didn't save a reasonable amount of money for the 18 years you worked there.
Be independent please.
See a 20 year old telling a grown man about life! Too many children on this site......You haven't see life YET. Go siddon jor!!!
Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Kingk47: 9:45pm On May 25, 2021
Them don sack you for work, you don come here come dey cry. When you been get employment you tell us.

My problem is that many people spend their whole life say 25 to 30 working for people. Bringing good ideas and growing their bosses business at the end they will not have anything tangible. Just imagine giving such diligence to your business. Your children will enjoy your hustle.

1 Like

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by iampeterben(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2021
post=102063846:

GBAMSOLUTELY!
Boss mi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A 47-year-old Man Still Get A Job? by Abimboye01: 9:47pm On May 25, 2021
If Mercy speak,he can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Workforce Employability Test Exam Id Here.check Here For Your Id / How Do You Answer The Question "Sell Me This Pen " In A Sales Interview? / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.