Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,880 members, 7,798,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. (2938 Views)

Who Knows Any Bank Investment / How Much Do You Think You Will Save To Build Your First House? / How To Activate Access Bank Debit Visa ATM Card For Online Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by mayorcon(m): 7:16pm On May 23, 2021
Kindly listen to this well. It is no longer safe to have any Bank's ATM card again.

Just last week Wednesday, I noticed I received a debit alert of 8,750 from UBA around 1 a.m in the middle of the night, I did not even carry out any transaction and I was debited. I called UBA the following morning how that transaction was initiated and they told me that my ATM card has been compromised. I told them I always have my card with me at all time, so how was it compromised? I have never even given that card to anyone to withdraw for me before, so how did it happen? Are they not supposed to send me an OTP for any web transaction carried out on my card? Their response was that some transaction don't need OTP, all that it requires is your card number and the three digit behind your card, and vooom, money is gone. I was perplexed, my card was even with me, so how did that happened?

Fast forward to yesterday 22 of May, I made a cardless withdrawal of 4k from my GTBank account from a GTB ATM machine, I don't receive SMS alert but I receive email, so I noticed I received two different debit alert of the same amount, 4k. So, I thought it was a system error until I checked my balance and I noticed there is a discrepancy. I went back to the alerts and I saw that they were two different transactions, one is a web purchase and the other is ATM withdrawal (which I did) but I didn't know where the web transaction is coming from. I called GTBank to complain and I was told my ATM card has been compromised, again! I asked why I didn't receive OTP for the transaction and I was told my card could be used for so many online purchases without receiving OTP. Ahhh!!!!����

My point here is, if a lot of damages could be done with with just the front and back of your card, what then is the security measure put in place to protect card owners from this kind of theft? In one week, I lost 12k+.

Kindly learn from my story and don't be a victim.

What this means is that even bank staff can scam you. At the point of giving you your card, they can get all your details and make web transaction with your account.

Please let's be careful guys. Lagos is not smiling ooo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Ngenge(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2021
Ndi uwa

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by rottable(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2021
mayorcon:
Kindly listen to this well. It is no longer safe to have any Bank's ATM card again.

Just last week Wednesday, I noticed I received a debit alert of 8,750 from UBA around 1 a.m in the middle of the night, I did not even carry out any transaction and I was debited. I called UBA the following morning how that transaction was initiated and they told me that my ATM card has been compromised. I told them I always have my card with me at all time, so how was it compromised? I have never even given that card to anyone to withdraw for me before, so how did it happen? Are they not supposed to send me an OTP for any web transaction carried out on my card? Their response was that some transaction don't need OTP, all that it requires is your card number and the three digit behind your card, and vooom, money is gone. I was perplexed, my card was even with me, so how did that happened?

Fast forward to yesterday 22 of May, I made a cardless withdrawal of 4k from my GTBank account from a GTB ATM machine, I don't receive SMS alert but I receive email, so I noticed I received two different debit alert of the same amount, 4k. So, I thought it was a system error until I checked my balance and I noticed there is a discrepancy. I went back to the alerts and I saw that they were two different transactions, one is a web purchase and the other is ATM withdrawal (which I did) but I didn't know where the web transaction is coming from. I called GTBank to complain and I was told my ATM card has been compromised, again! I asked why I didn't receive OTP for the transaction and I was told my card could be used for so many online purchases without receiving OTP. Ahhh!!!!����

My point here is, if a lot of damages could be done with with just the front and back of your card, what then is the security measure put in place to protect card owners from this kind of theft? In one week, I lost 12k+.

What this means is that even bank staff can scam you. At the point of giving you your card, they can get all your details and make web transaction with your account.

those yahoo guys are upgrading there skills everytime, card holders should be extremely careful.

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by heniford2: 7:25pm On May 23, 2021
Kindly change your pin and also request you block your card too

2 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by longetivity(m): 7:28pm On May 23, 2021
Boys are not smiling
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by mayorcon(m): 7:28pm On May 23, 2021
heniford2:
Kindly change your pin and also request you block your card too

I already did. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by samwash(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2021
I believe all those G- boys doing transfer have a compromised insider in the bank that feeds them with customers acct details.
How can you have access to a banking software, even hackers have an insider that understand the system before they can hacker into any software.. How you take see ham, I do I kwn the banking software GTB is using if am not either currently working there or formally Workin there.
Those Bankers are compromise, that why you hear of a Banker working with so- so bank is wanted for so-so million fraud.
We just have to be security conscious in the way we handle our online transactions either in the web,ATM,POS & so on.

6 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by anthonyuncle(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2021
ask your babe cool
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by chiemmanuel(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2021
Always have a second ATM card, never use an ATM card for your main account, or do internet banking, never use ussd banking,
WHEN you need cash, just transfer to your second account the exact amount you need.

19 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Havilah9779: 10:50pm On May 23, 2021
If you normally do online shopping.Once you're done, remove your credit card details/history from your profile.If not,someone could hack into your account and order stuff.

2 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Sincinnati: 1:17am On May 24, 2021
So your bank didn’t tell you what your money was used to purchase?

If they told you, you could cancel the transaction on that site if it’s not up to 24hrs.

Also knowing what your money was used for could help you label a suspect.
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Elsueno: 2:37am On May 24, 2021
undecided

Always disable ur ATM card when not in use. You can re~enable at any time u so wish to use the card.

Once a card is disable no transactions can go through. All banking apps have that option, try it

4 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Pearlqueen(f): 7:23am On May 24, 2021
Port to Standard Chartered Bank where you can TEMPORARILY FREEZE and UNFREEZE your card when not in use and when you intend to use it.

Save yourself the security risks.

5 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Gmajor(m): 7:43am On May 24, 2021
the common denominator in these scenarios is you.
Maybe there is someone close to you who keeps compromising your account.

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Olatundee001(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2021
mayorcon:

It’s advisable you try and write down those many digits in front of your atm(for future use)and later try to scratch them away for security purpose. That way, your acount would
Be a bit secured

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Nobody: 8:10am On May 24, 2021
Do you mean without otp?
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Nezzjnr: 8:32am On May 24, 2021
chiemmanuel:
Always have a second ATM card, never use an ATM card for your main account, or do internet banking, never use ussd banking,
WHEN you need cash, just transfer to your second account the exact amount you need.
How then will one transfer of he or she isn't using Internet banking or Ussd
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Kingluqman(m): 8:35am On May 24, 2021
Bi iku ile o pani..

Someone close to you is using your card
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by chiemmanuel(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2021
Nezzjnr:

How then will one transfer of he or she isn't using Internet banking or Ussd
mobile app with two factor authentication

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by sonofElElyon: 9:05am On May 24, 2021
You need to be careful with your banking pins.. maybe your email phone etc has been hacked and scammers have access to your info and clones your card.
ATM cards of 2 different banks being compromised is serious.

mayorcon:

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Kondomatic(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2021
Some of those fraudulent withdrawal are done by insiders in the bank.

I collected GT ATM card, activated it, withdrew from their POS and went home.

Checked my balance that night and discovered that my balance has been split into Main balance and book balance.

Main balance was incorrect but book balance was correct.

I checked my transaction history and saw pending 5x 5k transactions that were carried out on my account with the new ATM card. Something that I haven't used anywhere except inside GT Bank.

I contacted the bank and asked them to cancel the transactions since they were still pending but they said that they can't. They told me to go to the website where I initiated the transactions with my card and cancel them.

I told them that I haven't used the card anywhere, that I collected it that very day and the only withdraw(5k) with POS inside GT Bank.

They said that I should let the transaction go through and then file for recovery (I think it was pending for 5 days).

I said FINE, lemme know where it's "going to", name of bank, account number, website or anything that's the recipient.

They couldn't provide it.

When I received the alert days later, the beneficiary was LAGOS. You can imagine, they want me to beat Sanwo Olu for what he's not guilty of.

I have just one ATM card now but I don't leave money in the account. I keep money in other accounts. When I want to withdraw or make purchases, I will just the transfer the amount into the account and do my thing.

Nigeria banks are fraud.

4 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2021
mayorcon:

Transaction can't be done unless you have first receive OTP code first on website like Opay or other platform...
Once the person link your card it will request for OTP after the first OTP, they don't need it anymore...
You have given someone your phone before and the person has used your phone to receive the code,
Just change your ATM pin or block your card...

2 Likes

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Malawian(m): 10:18am On May 24, 2021
mayorcon:

What this means is that even bank staff can scam you.
One staffer from Zenith Bank nearly scammed me and cleaned out my account few days ago. The ruse was quite elaborate and smart. Only saving grace was that i was patient enough to sniff through it.

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by ElPayaso(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2021
UBA has been compromised. I have 4 different cases of people complaining of the same issue and they are using UBA
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Nobody: 11:09am On May 24, 2021
I stopped loading MTN credit from my bank account long ago.

I will demand N500, get a N750 debit, N200, I will get a debit alert of N350, I once demanded for N100 MTN recharge and was debited N250.

I just stopped.

Using the account for punting now.

I swear I can't leave more than N10,000 in an account that has ATM card.
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Kobicove(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2021
chiemmanuel:

This is what I do and I think it's the best way to safeguard your funds

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by jchioma: 11:38am On May 24, 2021
Let me share this experience with Zenith Bank:

I have a friend who is a trader.

He is the holder of savings account at their Aspamda branch which account he has been operating since 2014. Being a trader, his customers make payments into the said account pursuant to their trading transactions with him. One of such customers transferred the sum of N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) into his said account in the afternoon of 10-11-2020 to enable my friend purchase and send to him various items as agreed by both of them. After receiving the alert, my friend set out to gather the requested items from their sellers that same afternoon and by the time he was through with that and headed to the bank to effect withdrawal, it was already late and the bank had closed to customers.

When this man woke up in the very early hours of the next day 11-11-2020, he had the notification sound of his phone and as he opened it up, he noticed series of debit alerts done and ongoing. Whereupon, he had to call his account officer to complain to him. The said account officer informed him how to block his account to avoid further withdrawals, which he did. He was also instructed to make a report at his account opening branch. He did so and a letter was then written and the series of withdrawals were also written down and attached to the letter which the branch promised to forward to your Head Office. But by this time the sum of N1,500,000.00 (One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira), being the sum kept in his custody had disappeared from his account.

It is noteworthy that this man had never ever used ATM in operating his account; no banking apps whatsoever.
He is now under fire by the owners of the goods he collected for his customer’s order, having failed to pay the following day as agreed due to the disappearance of his money under Zenith Bank's custody and care.

It's mysterious but true how Nigerians suffer in the hands of these fraudsters and the thing is becoming endemic in Nigerian banks.

1 Like

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Homeboiy: 1:09pm On May 24, 2021
Check

Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by yusluvad(m): 2:10pm On May 24, 2021
Big time gbese...
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by binary007: 3:21pm On May 24, 2021
Lost #312,000 Just last month to Debits i couldn't explain.
Got to bank and i was told my account has been compromised.

I am still recovering at the moment.
To think the debit came in as soon as last month salary was paid.
GTBank
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Nezzjnr: 3:24pm On May 24, 2021
chiemmanuel:
mobile app with two factor authentication
Okay

Thanks
Re: It's No Longer Save To Have Any Bank's ATM Card Again. Take Heed. by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 24, 2021
Terrible!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earn Money During Your Leisure Time Freely Without Investing With Your Money / Make Free 10,000 Naira In A Single Day / See How MMM Promoters In Nigeria Hired Bankers To Create Fake Accounts To Steal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.