Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

See The 5 Rules Of Spending - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See The 5 Rules Of Spending (24308 Views)

20 Rules Of Money You Should Know That Can Change Your Life / Some Social Rules That May Help You Look Professional / The 5 Most Important Life Decisions You Must Make Now To Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Vipro(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2021
Success and financial stability does not depend on how much a person earns but on how much he can keep.

Successful people are those who have the ability to save money. In this article we want to highlight some of the rules of Spending which will enable readers to attain financial stability.

Rule 1. Do not spend more than your income: Spending more than ones income leads to bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a situation whereby one indebtedness is more than his assets. The major cause of this situation is spending more than your income. Perhaps you do not know what bankruptcy law says in this country. It is very bad to be bankrupt. Remember investments are made from saved income, so no savings no income.

Rule 2. Never spend in anticipation of income: It is not proper to spend money in anticipation of income. Many civil servants spend money on food, clothing and other wares with the expectation of making payment when salaries come. This situation is very dicey, especially these days that salaries do not come as expected. Always follow the rules of spending with what you have at hand unless when life is threatened. Remember the adage "cut your coat according to your size"

Rule 3. Always make a budget: A budget is a written plan showing expected income and expenditure. Wise people prepare budgets as a guide to expenditure. If you follow your budget, you may not spend what you have not earned and you will always be at peace.

Rule 4. Do spend money to impress others: A lot of people spend money to impress others. They splash money in ceremonies just to impress their viewers. This is a dangerous habit, we must always consider our income first before we engage in spending spree. Because if you don't have money, you will realize that the poor man does not really have a friend.

Rule 5. Don't be afraid to spend: What we have said so far may be misunderstood by some people as becoming stingy, stingy people hardly get rich. Modest people at least remain financially stable. If you are afraid to spend, you make money your master but if you spend carefully, your money remains your servant.

If you want to thrive, don't neglect these 5 rules of spending.

93 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by AEGbadebo: 7:43am On May 24, 2021
Nice one OP!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Kultee(f): 1:35pm On May 25, 2021
Ok
I'll start practicing these rules
Hopeful I'd become a billionaire soon
Thanks�

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Thegracefulness: 1:35pm On May 25, 2021
This seems plausible especially in the task of handling day to day financial encounters. Now I’m no expert, but then in the spirit of gracefulness, let me share one secret here that people ordinarily pay for.

What are some good investment advice I’ve learnt and I’m willing to share?

*Well, first thing to note is; Live below your means and invest the surplus well.
*Next thing is, don’t confuse volatility and risk. (I could explain further but I’m not here to bore you).
*Be diversified but not overly so.
‪*Also, to avoid panicking and making wrong decisions, don’t watch the news every time the market is going up or down — limit tactful decisions to your professional financial advisers.‬
*If you can, I’d strongly encourage that you avoid most types of debts. Especially consumer debt.
*Focus on your income, your spending and also investment habits equally, don’t pay particular attention to just one of them the most.
*Incase you’re an average DIY investor, do not stick pick. (You can google this one).
*Try to focus on tax-efficiency as well. your net worth is your net income — i.e expenditure and compounded investment returns.
*Lastly, small details can make big differences, remember that decisions compound over time.
Goodluck.

8 Likes

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:35pm On May 25, 2021
grin
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by SaintBeehot(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2021
Op thanks, I was about to do number two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by HalpyBee(f): 1:36pm On May 25, 2021
Summary: Spend wisely!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by AngelicDamsel(f): 1:36pm On May 25, 2021
Nice one, Op.

Anything that makes me happy and I can afford it, I go for it. Money without happiness is a waste!

Your happiness should come first!

I break rules. Sometimes I spend in anticipation, I spend to impress. But the rule that I don't break is living a lifestyle above my means, it always ends in premium tears.. grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Fedrick100: 1:38pm On May 25, 2021
We are the crew of Spend am another one will come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Sunnyshinylight(f): 1:38pm On May 25, 2021
You must get into worship, I tell you the raw truth, it's the most important subject ever to be taught on earth.

Few people takes it very seriously, most actually do it when they are in the mood, but not as a traditional cultural heritage worship, attitude, character, action everywhere, no, it's far from them.

You have to have learnt to love to worship, your heart singing and making melodies in your heart to the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY IN CHRIST JESUS BY THE HOLY SPIRIT. Without ceasing!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by GreaterFuture(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2021
It's not easy, at all at all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by NNAMNSOUDOIDUN(f): 1:39pm On May 25, 2021
Thanks for this write up, it makes sense
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
Very informative. That no 4 has put so many idiots into problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by olisefom: 1:40pm On May 25, 2021
Nice piece �
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by kennethfranc(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2021
B
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by design106: 1:42pm On May 25, 2021
cool

If only my pocket will hear.
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by WEALTHYMII: 1:43pm On May 25, 2021
Avoid Women you are not married to.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by GboyegaD(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2021
Some of the saying are true and I am of the opinion that as we grow older, we get better with everything even our finances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by iampeterben(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2021
Number 5 is very key! Don't be stingy to yourself and those around you! Thanks @OP for sharing
Vipro:
Success and financial stability does not depend on how much a person earns but on how much he can keep.

Successful people are those who have the ability to save money. In this article we want to highlight some of the rules of Spending which will enable readers to attain financial stability.

Rule 1. Do not spend more than your income: Spending more than ones income leads to bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a situation whereby one indebtedness is more than his assets. The major cause of this situation is spending more than your income. Perhaps you do not know what bankruptcy law says in this country. It is very bad to be bankrupt. Remember investments are made from saved income, so no savings no income.

Rule 2. Never spend in anticipation of income: It is not proper to spend money in anticipation of income. Many civil servants spend money on food, clothing and other wares with the expectation of making payment when salaries come. This situation is very dicey, especially these days that salaries do not come as expected. Always follow the rules of spending with what you have at hand unless when life is threatened. Remember the adage "cut your coat according to your size"

Rule 3. Always make a budget: A budget is a written plan showing expected income and expenditure. Wise people prepare budgets as a guide to expenditure. If you follow your budget, you may not spend what you have not earned and you will always be at peace.

Rule 4. Do spend money to impress others: A lot of people spend money to impress others. They splash money in ceremonies just to impress their viewers. This is a dangerous habit, we must always consider our income first before we engage in spending spree. Because if you don't have money, you will realize that the poor man does not really have a friend.

Rule 5. Don't be afraid to spend: What we have said so far may be misunderstood by some people as becoming stingy, stingy people hardly get rich. Modest people at least remain financially stable. If you are afraid to spend, you make money your master but if you spend carefully, your money remains your servant.

If you want to thrive, don't neglect these 5 rules of spending.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by alphaconde(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2021
be credit worthy

if u don't know how to pay back money don't borrow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by CALCULUS16: 1:54pm On May 25, 2021
In addition, stop betting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Bakrabas: 1:55pm On May 25, 2021
In addition don't buy what you don't need. Don't spend on liability such an expensive hair style, dress to kill...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Itohanmiwa: 1:56pm On May 25, 2021
grin
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by sebagonline: 1:58pm On May 25, 2021
From No 3 downward have finished many people in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by victokafor(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2021
But Robert kiyosaki went bankrupt....what happened? صثققبننننمم
Re: See The 5 Rules Of Spending by Dagger111(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2021
Rule 4: Do spend money or Don't spend money to impress others?

OP!! Pls correct the anomaly with immediate effect.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) / Dangote Group Appoints Olakunle Alake As Its New Group Managing Director / President Buhari Appoints Orji Ogbonnaya Orji as NEITI boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.