Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? (514 Views)

Today Is The Birthday Of Christianity (Pentecost Sunday) / PENTECOST : The Power And Unifying Force Of The Spirit. / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by 7victor(m): 9:00pm On May 23, 2021
Today is Pentecost Sunday, which normally happens 50 days after Easter Sunday.

It was the day that the Holy Spirit was given to the disciples of Jesus Christ,50 days after Jesus Christ resurrected from the death.

Jesus Christ spend 40 days appearing to people after His resurrection from death.

HE was taken to heaven in the sight of all His disciples after 40 days of appearing to people.

10 days after ascending to heaven, which is 50 days after His resurrection, the Holy Spirit was given to many of His followers.

Today, I heard that in some churches, the Holy Spirit came upon some people with evidence of speaking in tongues and prophecy.

Today also Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) met in all the 36 States of Nigeria.

PFN as the name implies,is concerned with Pentecostal experiences.

Different denominations under PFN met together in all the states to pray for Nigeria and the Church.

I attended the one in Katsina state,by 4pm.

Can you please share your pentecost experience today if you have any?
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by 7victor(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2021
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by john633(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2021
Nigeria pastors no wetin them dey call Pentecost Sunday,?
Na cash out be dia agenda
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On May 23, 2021
7victor:
Today , I heard that in some churches, the Holy Spirit came upon some people with evidence of speaking in tongues and prophecy.

I attended the one in Katsina state,by 4pm.

Can you please share your pentecost experience today if you have any?
Which church be that? undecided
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by 7victor(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Which church be that? undecided

You mean the Church I attended the PFN meeting?
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On May 23, 2021
7victor:

You mean the Church I attended the PFN meeting?
The churches that lied that the Spirit of God showed up with evidence of speaking in tongues. undecided
Pentecostal churches are notorious for their outbursts of glossolalia which have no resemblance to any known tongue, pattern wise. undecided
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by chatinent: 9:46pm On May 23, 2021
Yawns
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by 7victor(m): 9:57pm On May 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The churches that lied that the Spirit of God showed up with evidence of speaking in tongues. undecided
Pentecostal churches are notorious for their outbursts of glossolalia which have no resemblance to any known tongue, pattern wise. undecided

There was a church I use to attend in those days.

The church did not know anything about speaking in tongues.

One day, as people were entering the church in preparation for the service, suddenly, people started speaking in tongues.

Even old men and women who did not believe that there is anything like baptism in the Holy Spirit.

Even they found themselves speaking in tongues as led by the Holy Spirit.

We did not plan for it.

It was inadvertent. It was not something that we deliberately did.

The Holy Spirit just took control.

My mum experienced the same thing when she was a teenager.

At Apostolic church, she was just sitting down when the Holy Spirit came and people started speaking in tongues.

She was still sitting down, when suddenly she found herself and all people sitting near her, speaking in tongues.

From that day onward, she became very strong in the spirit, that even in her dream,angels would be following her.

Anytime she opened her mouth to pray, the Holy Spirit would take over and she would be saying marvelous things as directed by the Holy Spirit.

During a believers foundation class at the Rev Uma Ukpai church, during prayers, suddenly, people began prophesying,as directed by the Holy Spirit.

I have seen genuine move of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore,if people say that today some churches had the baptism of the Holy Spirit,it could be true.

We cannot just conclude that they are lying, when we were not there to see if it was true or not.
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On May 23, 2021
7victor:

There was a church I use to attend in those days.
The church did not know anything about speaking in tongues.
One day, as people were entering the church in preparation for the service, suddenly, people started speaking in tongues.
Even old men and women who did not believe that there is anything like baptism in the Holy Spirit.
Even they found themselves speaking in tongues as led by the Holy Spirit.
We did not plan for it.
It was inadvertent. It was not something that we deliberately did.
The Holy Spirit just took control.
My mum experienced the same thing when she was a teenager.
At Apostolic church, she was just sitting down when the Holy Spirit came and people started speaking in tongues.
She was still sitting down, when suddenly she found herself and all people sitting near her, speaking in tongues.
From that day onward, she became very strong in the spirit, that even in her dream,angels would be following her.
Anytime she opened her mouth to pray, the Holy Spirit would take over and she would be saying marvelous things as directed by the Holy Spirit.
During a believers foundation class at the Rev Uma Ukpai church, during prayers, suddenly, people began prophesying,as directed by the Holy Spirit.
I have seen genuine move of the Holy Spirit.
Therefore,if people say that today some churches had the baptism of the Holy Spirit,it could be true.
We cannot just conclude that they are lying, when we were not there to see if it was true or not.
If you say so. But I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the God of the Bible is not in your churches so unless you are saying God suddenly changed His mind, something that He never does, I say we continue to investigate the claims made rather than believe them at first bite. undecided

So do you have any video of any of the speaking in tongues phenomenon you speak of so we can both examine to find out if it is any different from all we have come to know as tongues? undecided
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by Polynek(m): 1:42am On May 24, 2021
I no go anywhere shaa, church don de tire me
Re: Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? by lecturer50(m): 12:54pm On May 24, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Scared Of Employing Unknown Domestic Staffs? / What Does God Need Your Tithe For? / "You Are Not Safe Until You Save" As Pastor Opens His 5 Piggy Boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.