Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen (35629 Views)

How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo / Muhammad Sanusi: Nigerians Selling Votes, INEC, Police Not Neutral / INEC, Police, DSS To Monitor Niger PDP State Congresses Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Morgan20: 10:31pm On May 23, 2021
Gun shots every where oh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unknown gunmen

Many feared killed as hoodlums hit INEC, police offices in Awka

Gunmen Sunday night attacked the Nigeria Police Divisional Station and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Akwa, Anambra.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the armed attackers came in three Hilux trucks at about 8pm on Sunday, 23 May.

A witness who almost ran into the troubled area located in between the popular Ekwueme Square, Awka said the bandits exchanged gunfire with policemen for close to one hour at B Police Division.

They then moved to INEC office. Residents in the area on hearing the gunshots scampered into safety.

“I saw flames going up from the police station and INEC offices, but I cannot say whether people were killed or not because I did not go closer,” the witness said.

Other residents reported possibility of deaths, as the hoodlums appeared to have subdued the police before moving to INEC office.

Dr Nkwachukwu Orji, INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in Anambra said he had received information on the attack in his office.

“I need to get clear picture of what happened in my office before I can speak”, he said.

DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) said he was still making contacts to get correct situation of things around the two federal institutions in the state.

Attacks on INEC and police offices have become rampant in both the South East and South South zones of Nigeria.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/05/24/many-feared-killed-as-hoodlums-hit-inec-police-offices-in-awka/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=many-feared-killed-as-hoodlums-hit-inec-police-offices-in-awka

It's happening now in awka Anambra State, gun shots around the e-library it a gun feast almost 120 rounds shot back to back.

The shooting was so intense it started from around 8pm and lasted till about 5am. Serious matter. Awka, Anambra State is boiling.

https://mobile.twitter.com/2021_mayor/status/1396556352416268290

Breaking:

Unknown Gunmen Attacked Police B Division At Ekwueme Square Axis, Awka Anambra state.

This Video Was Taken From Inside X-Fit Complex Near Ekwueme Square. This Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQdXIslMQ7Q

https://mobile.twitter.com/Real_AmakaIke/status/1396578298159849477

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by nwakibie3(m): 10:36pm On May 23, 2021
Where in awka cos I'm in awka now and everywhere is peaceful

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by funkekemi(f): 10:37pm On May 23, 2021
Dss stop attacking Igbos , we know you and where you live

235 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by ogbuefi677(m): 12:41am On May 24, 2021
Fulani again

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Coldsperm: 12:53am On May 24, 2021
Fulani herdsmen should please stop attacking us in the East. What is all these rubbish bikonu. Leave us alone Fulani. What a blood sucking tribe. Tufiakwa!!!

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Praxis758: 12:58am On May 24, 2021
Unknown gun men is just a sematics to cover these criminals.

They should be called 'Welk Known Gun Men' (WKGM) or 'Familiar Gun Men' (FGM).

They're nothing but caward and terrorist.

I pity those who are hailing and support their criminalities at this infant stage. This is how Boko Haram started that some jingoistic elites were calling them freedom and ethnic crusaders.

It is still very early to condemn these infant terrorists before they grow wilder.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by adadike(f): 1:11am On May 24, 2021
Praxis758:
Unknown gun men is just a sematics to cover these criminals.

They should be called 'Welk Known Gun Men' (WKGM) or 'Familiar Gun Men' (FGM).

They're nothing but caward and terrorist.

I pity those who are hailing and support their criminalities at this infant stage. This is how Boko Haram started that some jingoistic elites were calling them freedom and ethnic crusaders.

It is still very early to condemn these infant terrorists before they grow wilder.
honestly, only God will help us in igboland

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by SweetiliciousD: 3:18am On May 24, 2021
adadike:
honestly, only God will help us in igboland

It all started by numerous police extortion checkpoints, now graduated to Broad daylight murder!

God help Eastern States.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by PissfulProtester: 4:02am On May 24, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

It all started by numerous police extortion checkpoints, now graduated to Broad daylight murder!

God help Eastern States.
continue talking about how it started

E go soon reach you

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Fahdiga1: 4:56am On May 24, 2021
The deep state at work

8 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Almaigaa: 5:01am On May 24, 2021
Morgan20:
Gun shots every where oh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unknown gunmen

Goodnews. Let them continue till nothing is left in that region. grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by ThePlugg(m): 6:00am On May 24, 2021
This is already out of hand
Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by AmotekunSW: 6:02am On May 24, 2021
Someone cannot go from Umuleri to go and destroy govt properties in Aguleri. You can't go from Abagana to Nkpor to destroy government properties in Nkpor. The unknown gunmen are members of those communities being attacked.

If the government wants to stop these attacks, they know what to do. Hold the traditional and political leaders, plus youth leaders of each community responsible for attacks on Policemen in that community. They know those attacking security formations.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by AmotekunSW: 6:04am On May 24, 2021
Fahdiga1:
The deep state at work

Deep what? What is deep about Kanu and his gang?
When the Police killed some UGM who attacked a Police Area Command in Imo, I remember you supporting the dead gunmen.
You guys can burn the entire Igboland to the ground if you like. That is your business.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by SweetiliciousD: 6:19am On May 24, 2021
PissfulProtester:
continue talking about how it started

E go soon reach you

You can keep it for your love for easterners.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Remijuice: 6:30am On May 24, 2021
Abeg am on my way to Newi from Enugu..

You people should stop all these nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Sammy07: 6:37am On May 24, 2021
Coldsperm:
Fulani herdsmen should please stop attacking us in the East. What is all these rubbish bikonu. Leave us alone Fulani. What a blood sucking tribe. Tufiakwa!!!

Is this not a coward statement grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by AntiIgbo: 6:39am On May 24, 2021
Coldsperm:

The fight when them dey ask for never reach anywhere them don dey beg grin grin

UGM abeg carry on, we dey watch action film cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Okoroawusa: 6:40am On May 24, 2021
They should continue...

4 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by EJanni(f): 6:50am On May 24, 2021
Almaigaa:

Goodnews. Let them continue till nothing is left in that region. grin grin grin grin grin

It will always seem funny until it gets to you. Tue

6 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Bayonet40: 6:51am On May 24, 2021
funkekemi:
Keep celebrating them

7 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Twelfthman: 7:05am On May 24, 2021
The east should condemned the activities of criminals among them not praise them at least for the safety of everyone in the region because you never know when the violence will get to you or any member of your family.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Fahdiga1: 7:24am On May 24, 2021
AmotekunSW:

Deep what? What is deep about Kanu and his gang?
When the Police killed some UGM who attacked a Police Area Command in Imo, I remember you supporting the dead gunmen.
You guys can burn the entire Igboland to the ground if you like. That is your business.
I've never supported killing of anybody but every sensible Nigerians knows that the FG is hell bent on destroying the east with this incessant attacks on the eastern people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by AmotekunSW: 7:27am On May 24, 2021
Fahdiga1:
I've never supported killing of anybody but every sensible Nigerians knows that the FG is hell bent on destroying the east with this incessant attacks on the eastern people

You are sounding just like Sheikh Gumi. Go and find out what Gumi's state looks like and if you want yours to look like that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Brimstone77: 7:28am On May 24, 2021
Almaigaa:

Goodnews. Let them continue till nothing no military is left in that region. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Brimstone77: 7:30am On May 24, 2021
[s]
AmotekunSW:
Someone cannot go from Umuleri to go and destroy govt properties in Aguleri. You can't go from Abagana to Nkpor to destroy government properties in Nkpor. The unknown gunmen are members of those communities being attacked.

If the government wants to stop these attacks, they know what to do. Hold the traditional and political leaders, plus youth leaders of each community responsible for attacks on Policemen in that community. They know those attacking security formations.
[/s] but Boko Haram can travel from bornu to Abuja to go and bomb..

13 Likes

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Jman06(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2021
Comments here from supposedly educated Igbos supporting the criminal gunmen only goes to reveal how much education has deteriorated in Igboland. It's unfortunate

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by West1side: 7:44am On May 24, 2021
Look at your igbo brother, he forgot he signed on his fake Yoruba moniker. There is possibly over a million igbo with such moniker financed by Reno n FFK. I know that 4 a fact that is why I can name names.

funkekemi:

chukwuibuipob post=101997639:
sad sad Bia angry! Pay Ur respect to Ur King ObiofNnewi.He is the paramount King there.Wonder why Some Kanu slaves disrespect their leaders/Elders sad.Mind u,not all Igbo support that lunatic man that kal Ur elders PIGZ, idiots,Swines/prostitu2 sad..I'm from UNN community,Nsukka.I dnt support IPOB HOODLUMS sad cheesy undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Madmohamed1: 7:46am On May 24, 2021
AmotekunSW:

if your one of this people you mentioned what are you going to do. To fight UGM

1 Like

Re: Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen by Nobody: 7:52am On May 24, 2021
Some of us are even Happy . it is OK. But when we begin to feel d effects, make we no complain o. For those who go bash me, am a southerner

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akeredolu, Lucky Aiyedatiwa Visits Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / Nollywood Star, Ex-commissioner At War Over Enugu Reps Ticket / Government Pays $50,000 Ransom To Bandits To Retrieve Antiaircraft Gun - WSJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.