Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria (1053 Views)

Phones Sold In Show Glasses / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / Xiaomi Phones, Other Products Set To Launch In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by michaelwilli(m): 8:44am On May 24, 2021
I have heard from a couple people that Xiaomi phones sold in Nigeria are of terrible quality. Had a case of a redmi note 7 having board problems, another having software issues, a redmi note 10 with some parts of the screen not touching, just a few weeks after purchase. Does any one else have this kind of experience with a xiaomi phone bought in Nigeria?

I bought my redmi note 5 pro from aliexpress, still using it, two years and counting, never had issues with it.
Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by edoairways: 9:05am On May 24, 2021
michaelwilli such problem exist but they are few. However don't expect honest answer from this platform because Xiaomi fans will say otherwise

1 Like

Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by michaelwilli(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2021
edoairways:
michaelwilli such problem exist but they are few. However don't expect honest answer from this platform because Xiaomi fans will say otherwise
I think it's worth researching sha. Cos it's a thing of concern. Could mean xiaomi deliberately ships defective phones to Nigeria
Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by donbenie(m): 10:17am On May 24, 2021
Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by RuneKingThor: 12:13pm On May 24, 2021
michaelwilli:

I think it's worth researching sha. Cos it's a thing of concern. Could mean xiaomi deliberately ships defective phones to Nigeria
Lmao. Why would you say they deliberately ship defective phones to Nigeria. A brand like Xiaomi that depends on word of mouth and don't do aggressive marketing. Every positive feedback means a lot to them. A few phones among a thousand sold being defective is a normal thing, I've had my fair share of it when I was using infinix. My hot 4 lite earpiece just suddenly went dead, next thing charging port, speakers, etc. And it happend in under two weeks of being newly purchased. When I went to fix it I was told it was board issue. I repaired it and continued using it till hot 6 came out, I bought it and a few months while using it, the screen went dead like completely dead. Didn't fall or anything.

So my point is a few defective phones is not a new thing and it's more common than you think. The reason why you hear about It more is that Xiaomi is not too keen on having repair shops littered everywhere. Third party repair shop is their way to go here.

4 Likes

Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by Eyanbahose: 1:29pm On May 24, 2021
michaelwilli:
I have heard from a couple people that Xiaomi phones sold in Nigeria are of terrible quality. Had a case of a redmi note 7 having board problems, another having software issues, a redmi note 10 with some parts of the screen not touching, just a few weeks after purchase. Does any one else have this kind of experience with a xiaomi phone bought in Nigeria?

I bought my redmi note 5 pro from aliexpress, still using it, two years and counting, never had issues with it.
people have complained sha. Let's look if they can get it all right in there next devices.
Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by michaelwilli(m): 3:20pm On May 24, 2021
RuneKingThor:

Lmao. Why would you say they deliberately ship defective phones to Nigeria. A brand like Xiaomi that depends on word of mouth and don't do aggressive marketing. Every positive feedback means a lot to them. A few phones among a thousand sold being defective is a normal thing, I've had my fair share of it when I was using infinix. My hot 4 lite earpiece just suddenly went dead, next thing charging port, speakers, etc. And it happend in under two weeks of being newly purchased. When I went to fix it I was told it was board issue. I repaired it and continued using it till hot 6 came out, I bought it and a few months while using it, the screen went dead like completely dead. Didn't fall or anything.

So my point is a few defective phones is not a new thing and it's more common than you think. The reason why you hear about It more is that Xiaomi is not too keen on having repair shops littered everywhere. Third party repair shop is their way to go here.

I wouldn't underestimate the possible callousness of any entity. Why I'm a bit skeptical is I haven't heard this same complain from anyone who bought their phones on aliexpress. Although, what I heard is that the 9 series had a lot of defect. but 10 and above are very durable
Re: Questionable Quality Of Xiaomi Phones Sold In Nigeria by Valleys(m): 3:25pm On May 24, 2021
I have been using redmi note 8 for 14 months now. Nothing, I mean nothing has been repaired on this my device. In fact I want to use it for 2yrs at least before thinking of changing.

Yes, I bought it from stores in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Infinix Hote 10 Pro / Infinix S5 Lite For Sale. / S8 Available- 55k Fixed Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.