Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,367 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked (796 Views)

#EndSARS: 17 Police Stations Burnt In Lagos – Police Spokesperson / Hoodlums Burn Two Police Stations In Ebonyi As Umahi Imposes 24-hour Curfew(pix) / 2 Police Stations Burnt In Lagos, 2 Killed, As Military Stops Attack On Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Xpol: 11:52am On May 24, 2021
Many years ago I gladly enlisted into Nigeria police force NPF. I was so glad at that time when I scaled through the rigorous screening, yes it wasn’t easily at all because over 15,000 people applied for a job where only 400 were needed in our state.

We sat for exam and I came third on the final list.
Lol I was happy but never knew I was just looking for trouble to make the story short, we were posted back to state which marked the beginning of new journey.

As young constables our salary was delayed for over 9 months meaning we were working without getting a kobo. Many of my mates resorted to doing illegal duties like standing on the road at night extorting Okada people when there’s no means to survive I was living with my sister then which I even accommodated another colleague of mine so the situation wasn’t bad for me to even thought of doing those extortions.

Now to the main reason of writing this...
In the Nigeria police set up the DPOs(Divisional police officers are found of sending the SOs( Station Officers) to move around their jurisdictions to each street, organizations, Companies,Hotels, Petrochemical stations,politicians and the BIG MEN to ADVERTISE their products( police products)

Ask me what product are they advertising?
SO will market to them they have galant men on standby in the station who are capable of guarding your community, homes, companies , etc against any form of thieves and arm robbers. Boom men are posted to illegal duties, even to those so called BIG MEN who are not entitled to police officers as guards.

For over a year I didn’t even sleep in my room at night my beats(duty) ranged from one honourable house as guard to street patrol (All night).

That’s how all the men are mostly sent out of the the station leaving only the female on counter duty. in my station only three men are posted to the station one is cell guards( unarmed) and two station guard(armed) so all the men who can withstand an attack are practically posted to guard honourables and the BIG MEN.

Before any group(known or unknown) will have the gut to attack and burn down a police station they already knew how many policemen on guard that’s what makes police stations easy targets even the state headquarters are not exempted no much men on guard.

Another laughable thing is the police are always “short of man power” how can you have enough man power when you’ve already sent all your men on illegal duties until the police high ranking authority and the Fg find a solution to this status quos the news will remain the same.

XPOL: A retired police officer.

2 Likes

Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by SureDesign: 11:55am On May 24, 2021
Na true
Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Authoreety: 12:01pm On May 24, 2021
Their guns used to intimide innocent citizens
Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Praxis758: 1:43pm On May 24, 2021
Hmmmm..........

So police are the ones shooting themselves on the leg all because of monetary and material returns.
Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 24, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF
Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Coldsperm: 3:37pm On May 24, 2021
The moderators should delete this thread. What are you trying to achieve with this nonsense epistle. To start sending over 100 armed policemen to guard a small police station instead of going out to protect the community. Take this junk down immediately.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Franzinni: 3:48pm On May 24, 2021
Op God bless you for shedding light on this issue... It makes sense now why the stations are burnt easy ... The criminals already know there is little resistance.

When will Nigeria wake up like this ...everybody in power is doing all man for himself.

1 Like

Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by Xpol: 5:34pm On May 24, 2021
Coldsperm:
The moderators should delete this thread. What are you trying to achieve with this nonsense epistle. To start sending over 100 armed policemen to guard a small police station instead of going out to protect the community. Take this junk down immediately.
so to you sending policemen to illegal duties for their own monetary gain while exposing the arms and ammunitions in the armoury to fall into the criminals hands so that they can easily kill you with it is the best? Then in my division except the judges quarters and the banks all the other beats are illegal and if anything happens to you there they will deny you

1 Like

Re: The Main Reasons Police Stations And Headquarters Are Easily Attacked by SadiqBabaSani: 8:27pm On May 24, 2021
Coldsperm:
Aint u been unreasonable

(1) (Reply)

Assisted Sb Who Said They Needed Alms And They Blocked Me / Secret Lover Caught Redhanded By Solders / Conspiracy Revealed in the Usifo Ataga Death Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.