Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem (13425 Views)

Secession Not Solution To Nigeria's Problem - Gbajabiamila, Peter Obi Says / Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by orisa37: 7:14pm On May 24, 2021
Yes. You are right.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by DMerciful(m): 7:16pm On May 24, 2021
A bad system affects everybody. The misbehaving southern politicians have friends in the North that protects them through the Northern controlled Army and Judiciary else they would have been lynched. When Biafra and Oduduwa comes , it will be based on true federalism, resource control and a system that rewards meritocracy and not quota system and mediocrity. Resources from one state cannot be used to run another state. If any state is unviable, it should be merged
somehow:

Is the north also the reason most states are badly run?

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by DonroxyII: 7:17pm On May 24, 2021
Secession shouldn't not be the solution ...

Why are all of you scared of secession ... Thieves!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by orisa37: 7:20pm On May 24, 2021
Yes. You are right.

To Senate and LAWAN

LIMIT THE 1999 EXCLUSIVE LIST OF THE CONSTITUTION TO AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY ON EQUALITY OF STATES BASIS AND TREATIES SEALING ONLY TO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by somehow: 7:29pm On May 24, 2021
DMerciful:
A bad system affects everybody. The misbehaving southern politicians have friends in the North that protects them through the Northern controlled Army and Judiciary else they would have been lynched. When Biafra and Oduduwa comes , it will be based on true federalism, resource control and a system that rewards meritocracy and not quota system and mediocrity. Resources from one state cannot be used to run another state. If any state is unviable, it should be merged

secession is not the first call to correcting a bad system, it should be the last call, have we tried other options?

I asked a question, what was different between 1999 and 2007 when the so called Fulani were not in power? Why did the governors not turn their states to heaven since no north to hold them back?

Same thing with 2009-2015?

We make it seem like the North or whatever you call it is the one telling the governors how to govern their states.

Is the Fulani holding back what is due to each state?

is the north the one voting in leaders in various state?

Is the North the citizens of each state who are suppose to put their leaders in check?

Our problem is not because we are together, it's a lack of identity, idealogy, and unexisiting macro goals that is dealing with Nigeria.

I raised alot of questions in my comments that if you sit down to go through, you will know that if they are not addressed, Every break away country if it ever happens will keep struggling with the same set of problems until they address them.

Nigeria is filled up with occupants and not citizens even down to most states.

I will stop here sir.

it was nice chatting you, was a very mature discourse.

Have a nice day sir.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by malakaimoscondo: 7:33pm On May 24, 2021
Factfinder1:
That 1999 constitution is a demonic agreement that only favours the top citizens and allows them to rule this nation just exactly the way they want
who and who sat to had that agreement?is a demonic document not agreement...it it agreement them every region go get am inside the document
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by omohayek: 7:40pm On May 24, 2021
somehow:

You see, there was nothing like the southern, Eastern or western whatever, that word is a creation of the British criminals.

Majority were tiny clans, villages, ethnic congregations except for few Kingdoms you listed above.

The ones you listed above are less than 10% (tribes) that makes up the present Nigeria, the rest were mostly villages with knit-tight clans.

Infact the 'Yoruba' which did not exist then were fighting each other before the criminals came.

Everyone was either being the oppressor or the oppressed then. (slave trades, wars, etc)

I did not avoid anything, maybe you're not reading what I am typing, rather looking for what you want to see.
By your logic, Germany shouldn't exist, as the numerous small German states spent centuries fighting each other before most of them were forcibly incorporated by Prussia. Nor can the existence of Japan be justified, seeing as the daimyo spent centuries fighting each other until they were all unified by force under Tokugawa rule.

The future is not a simple extrapolation of the past, and just because some groups were fighting each other when the British came doesn't mean that the ethnic solidarity these groups now feel is somehow fake or fragile. All states based on ethnicity have such histories of infighting if you go back enough - even England has the Wars of the Roses and the English Civil War.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by DMerciful(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2021
Who is insisting that the fraudulent 1999 constitution must not be changed? That 1999 constitution is holding every region down and the 1999 constitution empowers the politicians to be corrupt without retribution.

We have tried to restructure the country but people esp Northerners are saying they don't know what restructuring means perhaps they'll know what secession means.

Is it not the same fraudulent electoral system that operates across the country? Is it not same INEC that conducts fraudulent elections that allow criminals to be selected(not elected!) , Is it not same national electoral body INEC that refused to go full electronic voting to prevent rigging?

What about the educational system? Is it universal basic education that makes the country run one basic educational system or its State-wise? The resources from one local govt, is it used to run that local govt mostly or its sent to run other local govt?

How can a country progress where national positions are not based on merit but quota system? If you're to write the constitution, would you allow the minimum qualification of the president to be 'attended secondary school"?

From your comments, most likely you will not support true restructuring. It seems you don't believe that the structure is the problem that's why you're questioning the people. Organizations restructure when the structure is not working
somehow:

secession is not the first call to correcting a bad system, it should be the last call, have we tried other options?

I asked a question, what was different between 1999 and 2007 when the so called Fulani were not in power? Why did the governors not turn their states to heaven since no north to hold them back?

We make it seem like the North or whatever you call it is the one telling the governors how to govern their states.

Is the North the citizens of each state who are suppose to put their leaders in check?

Our problem is not because we are together, it's a lack of identity, idealogy, and unexisiting macro goals that is dealing with Nigeria.

I raised alot of questions in my comments that if you sit down to go through, you will know that if they are not addressed, Every break away country if it ever happens will keep struggling with the same set of problems until they address them.

I will stop here sir.

Have a nice day sir.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by somehow: 7:55pm On May 24, 2021
DMerciful:
Who is insisting that the fraudulent 1999 constitution must not be changed? That 1999 constitution is holding every region down and the 1999 constitution empowers the politicians to be corrupt without retribution.

We have tried to restructure the country but people esp Northerners are saying they don't know what restructuring means perhaps they'll know what secession means.

Is it not the same fraudulent electoral system that operates across the country? Is it not same INEC that conducts fraudulent elections that allow criminals to be selected(not elected!) , Is it not same national electoral body INEC that refused to go full electronic voting to prevent rigging?

What about the educational system? Is it universal basic education that makes the country run one basic educational system or its State-wise? The resources from one local govt, is it used to run that local govt mostly or its sent to run other local govt?

How can a country progress where national positions are not based on merit but quota system? If you're to write the constitution, would you allow the minimum qualification of the president to be 'attended secondary school"?

From your comments, most likely you will not support true restructuring. It seems you don't believe that the structure is the problem that's why you're questioning the people. Organizations restructure when the structure is not working

You are assuming.
I have repeated my stand more than twice already.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by joefelin2345: 8:05pm On May 24, 2021
YoungLionken:
Elders sit together and discuss possible solutions to problems but, children go for destruction!

For those of you clamoring for war.. War doesn't produce results without damage...
As if the one that they sat down to discussed in 2014 has been looked into not to talk of its implementation?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Dayvidblue: 9:03pm On May 24, 2021
YoungLionken:
Elders sit together and discuss possible solutions to problems but, children go for destruction!

For those of you clamoring for war.. War doesn't produce results without damage...

Succession is not the same as war, infact it is the only war of averting the impending war. The very foundation of this country is on the verge of collapse, anerchy is about to be unleashed. The best we can do, is kill the damned Nation along with it's demons.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by emilo2bad: 9:22pm On May 24, 2021
meolaniyi:
You are wasting your time baba. We have gone beyond that. Yoruba nation or nothing
IBB told us if you see yorubas beating war drum just go and sleep nothing will happen. So my friend relax
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by saintrow1: 9:49pm On May 24, 2021
Baba just shut the F**k up
Where were you in 1999?
You didn't say nothing back then so it's now that you old fool just woke up.
Look, all these old fools in yoruba that still want to keep themselves in Nigeria will soon kick the bucket

Yoruba nation no going back

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by calcal: 1:00am On May 25, 2021
This man has no solution to 21-century problems, he needs to go, Afenifebi corrupt useless setup.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by AOTEMN: 2:29am On May 25, 2021
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:33am On May 25, 2021
Secession is the solution. So that each part will deal with their problems as it is.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:36am On May 25, 2021
Constitution we have been talking for years now. Una no change. Protests come una no talk. Herdsmen come una keep quiet.
In short, I don't give a gram Bleep about the Constitution. A dunce is A dunce
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by EagleNest(m): 5:54am On May 25, 2021
Both are solutions depending on how it affects the sides concerned. The current system is no longer tenable.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Uncletony(m): 8:09am On May 25, 2021
Fulani supporter of APC dey obey constitution?! If you like carry American constitution come the zoo, it won't be obeyed you go wail tire.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Sipsum: 8:28am On May 25, 2021
DMerciful:

Yes I agreed with you, when Oduduwa and Biafra come, the new county should be populated by Europeans and Americans.
'Cause as it is, these current sets of Nigerians are the major problems of this country. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by Sipsum: 8:29am On May 25, 2021
somehow:

I will stop here sir.

Have a nice day sir.

Words on marble.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by gforce5: 10:50am On May 25, 2021
What are you talking about? The Baltic states (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) are doing better than the rest of the former Soviet Union. They are members of the EU. Estonia is known for it's I.T. Their passports are among the best in the world. Please do some research. Quite a few countries that have separated are better off than they were previously.
somehow:
But not as one country, their situation then wasn't like that of Nigeria.

If you notice, most of the countries that broke out of USSR are not known for anything worthwhile.

They are not exceptional either, all of them are not in the league of a model state.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by somehow: 11:25am On May 25, 2021
gforce5:
What are you talking about? The Baltic states (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) are doing better than the rest of the former Soviet Union. They are members of the EU. Estonia is known for it's I.T. Their passports are among the best in the world. Please do some research. Quite a few countries that have separated are better off than they were previously.
Remind me again, how many countries broke out of the Soviet Union?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by gforce5: 1:31pm On May 26, 2021
About 15 countries if I am not mistaken. Yes, not all of them are doing well but that is besides the point. The point is that a peaceful separation can lead to the development of SOME countries. Not all. What we have atm is not sustainable. Look at Yugoslavia. After a nasty breakup, some of the countries that were part of it became very successful (Slovenia & Croatia). While some are doing okay (Serbia).
somehow:

Remind me again, how many countries broke out of the Soviet Union?

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by somehow: 1:42pm On May 26, 2021
gforce5:
About 15 countries if I am not mistaken. Yes, not all of them are doing well but that is besides the point. The point is that a peaceful separation can lead to the development of SOME countries. Not all. What we have atm is not sustainable. Look at Yugoslavia. After a nasty breakup, some of the countries that were part of it became very successful (Slovenia & Croatia). While some are doing okay (Serbia).

Do you know that Russia is still more prosperous than all the 15 countries that broke out of it?

I repeat again, breakup should be the last resort, have we exhausted every other option?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by gforce5: 10:22am On May 27, 2021
It's more prosperous than MOST of the 15 countries that broke out not all. As I said previously, the Baltic states are doing better than the rest of the former Soviet Union. Otherwise, I get your point. Breakup should ideally be a last option. The issue is that our differences outweighs our similarities. We don't have much in common that makes us "Nigerians".
somehow:

Do you know that Russia is still more prosperous than all the 15 countries that broke out of it?

I repeat again, breakup should be the last resort, have we exhausted every other option?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by somehow: 10:26am On May 27, 2021
gforce5:
It's more prosperous than MOST of the 15 countries that broke out not all. As I said previously, the Baltic states are doing better than the rest of the former Soviet Union. Otherwise, I get your point. Breakup should ideally be a last option. The issue is that our differences outweighs our similarities. We don't have much in common that makes us "Nigerians".

They are more prosperous than all the 15.

You can prove me otherwise though.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by vanunu: 11:06am On May 27, 2021
SangoOlukosoOba:
Secession has never been the solution

Both it was a solution in India seven decades ago.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by vanunu: 11:13am On May 27, 2021
Whada:
Why do elders sound unreasonable sometimes? Let's change the constitution but if the people who swear to uphold the constitution, enforce it and review it are still these crop of Nigerian politicians, nothing will change.

Just like the arrival of a new boss makes everyone to sit tight until they understand him, the arrival of new nations, with new structures and new political enthusiasts will at least align every citizen to sit tight waiting for the new direction to go. That alone is a foundation for new and better things and it cannot happen with the so-called restructuring or constitution review. Stop deceiving yourselves old men. The future is for the youths you've lived in the past until now.

During the time there was anarchy in India, the Islamists were fighting the Hindus and the silks some foolish elders stated that separation was not the solution. But thanks to good leaders of India at that who did not waste at separating India from Pakistan, thereby bringing about lasting peace.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by gforce5: 1:49pm On May 31, 2021
Bruh, look it up. The Baltic states are doing much better than Russia. Estonia's GDP per capital alone is 4 times that of Russia. Just go on Google and other reliable sources.
somehow:

They are more prosperous than all the 15.

You can prove me otherwise though.

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Secession Not Solution, 1999 Constitution Is Problem by somehow: 2:10pm On May 31, 2021
gforce5:
Bruh, look it up. The Baltic states are doing much better than Russia. Estonia's GDP per capital alone is 4 times that of Russia. Just go on Google and other reliable sources.

https:// www.indexmundi.com/factbook/compare/Russia. estonia

Estonia is not more prosperous than Russia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South / Tinubu: Lagos Gained ₦15 Billion From Econet Shares When I Was Governor / Are Stun Guns Legal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.