Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work (418 Views)

Commissioned Work / As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. / He's Arguably The Best Street Architectural 3D Artist In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 24, 2021
Good afternoon nairalanders..

I just got my first two paid commissions few days ago... Currently working on them...one is a black and white charcoal Potrait an the other is 12 by 15 oil painting Potraits..

I have done various works for practice and fun and I can say I'm pretty good seeing that I only started venturing into graphite and painting just last year in an art school..and I picked up pretty fine...buh I'm nervous about these works due to the money involved, the waybilling and the framing ....I've heard about these before..but now I'm doing it first hand...

So I would like to know what ur own experience was doing ur first commissioned work...how much did u charge, was there any mistakes...was your work rejected on delivery...pls ...I want to learn from masters.
Re: Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 24, 2021
7 months ago, when I was 17. I was damn Happy.
I lgot my first commissioned work through Nairaland.
The person is not even based in Nigeria, I posted an article which the client replied to.
My dad even on gen for me
grin grin cheesy

Since then I went on to do close to 15.

Just do it will, some will refer you swears
Re: Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 24, 2021
I'm a digital painter, charged the guy 1k then ( that was then Sha oo

The guy loved it, his wife also loved it and he referred some friends to me

Just take your time and do your thing
Re: Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work by Nobody: 3:03am On May 25, 2021
Okikiadehussein:
7 months ago, when I was 17. I was damn Happy.
I lgot my first commissioned work through Nairaland.
The person is not even based in Nigeria, I posted an article which the client replied to.
My dad even on gen for me
grin grin cheesy

Since then I went on to do close to 15.

Just do it will, some will refer you swears
Wow that's awesome....

1 Like

Re: Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work by Nobody: 3:04am On May 25, 2021
Okikiadehussein:
I'm a digital painter, charged the guy 1k then ( that was then Sha oo

The guy loved it, his wife also loved it and he referred some friends to me

Just take your time and do your thing
Thanks...I will

1 Like

Re: Artist In The House..what Was Your Experience Doing Ur First Commissioned Work by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
Chaiiiiiiiiii

Hustle life no easy abeggggggg

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A 2d Animator Asap / Photography Summer School 2021 In Lagos Nigeria / Retouch Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.