Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading (58843 Views)

Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Sunday Dare Debunks Reports That NYSC Scheme Will Be Scrapped / Discontinuation Bill: Sunday Dare Opposes The Scrapping Of NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Stevedegreat(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2021
Strategic disengagement of national unity, now people can recognize their ethnicity to protect.
Nigeria can't be predicted anymore.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Cokahot: 10:14pm On May 24, 2021
I took exemption straight. Can't be wasting my time over shit then u will go toncamp and spend all your savings just to form big boy and big gal. It should be scrapped for life

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2021
Make then scrap the shit abeg
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by jaxxy(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2021
SmartyPants:

It should be cometely scrapped. It is clear that the one-year program is not capable of fostering the unity so desired.

If they want unity they should give justice to all Nigerians.

I agree I wasn’t thinking just about the unity part bt the experience part aswell. In any case maybe it shud be scrapped.

The was a time in the US when compulsory military training/service was mandatory.

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by yemex04(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2021
Honestly the NYSC should not in anyway be scrapped!! It's a very noble cause!

My service year remain one of most positively impactful moments of my life! The scheme opened me up to discovering new things about myself really prepared me for the future of which i am currently not doing badly.. It's improved significantly! I am not against it's modifications in line with the 21s century's demand.
If anyone decided not to make the best of his or her service year, it's no one's fault.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by mechanics(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2021
Hmmmm, it should still be retained but some modifications can be made.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Igwe29(m): 10:28pm On May 24, 2021
While they're yet to scrap NYSC, I'm here to celebrate my 2 years of being in Nairaland today smiley
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Balenciagabrain: 10:40pm On May 24, 2021
NYSC will NEVER die!
NCCF will never die!!
Rural Rugged will never die!!!

'Cos we are serving a living God.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Chicaco: 10:46pm On May 24, 2021
Shey dey will still be paying allowed?
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Trojan8(m): 10:50pm On May 24, 2021
You have served but you won't allow others serve. Nigeria my country
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by NextBuhari: 10:55pm On May 24, 2021
gbagyiza:

You don't understand, it is the 30k they want to save. Government is badly in need of funds, as it stands they can sell human being because of money. Nigeria is gone.
Very smart and intelligent observation you have here.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by bizhop01: 10:56pm On May 24, 2021
I think compulsory skill acquisition/ entrepreneurship for fresh graduates will make nigeria a better place, in the next ten years.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Brownpiro: 11:04pm On May 24, 2021
should it be completely scrapped or reformed? why not turn it to a compulsory 3 month entrepreneurship program and settle all participant at the end of the training with the total sum of the 12months alawee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Timblaze(m): 11:05pm On May 24, 2021
So they are not even planing or putting plans on ground to tackle the insecurity, Would scraping NYSC solve the insecurity issues in the country? Hmm, i enjoyed my Service days and it was a time for deep discovering of myself and alot..
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:18pm On May 24, 2021
Quality20:
Dont know wht to type, but how I wish it could be made more useful . I realise many youths find it as fun n an exploration galore. I also think it can help curb depression n suicidal tendencies
NYSC was the cause of my depression and mental breakdown.

Tge scheme should be flushed down the toilet
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:19pm On May 24, 2021
bizhop01:
I think compulsory skill acquisition/ entrepreneurship for fresh graduates will make nigeria a better place, in the next ten years.
eith irrelevant skills
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Olibboy: 11:25pm On May 24, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I really had a great experience. It's not all about fun & freedom,,, it's just about meeting new people & I did meet nice people.

If you ask me, I would say Long live,,,,NYSC!
But I may not see what others are seeing angry

The reasons given are not enough. You for kuku scrap Naija undecided
Meeting new people is the only advantage I knw...imagine 33k wey no fit do me

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Mozhac(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2021
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Equity15(m): 11:33pm On May 24, 2021
BuharisBoy:
Then, nothing is left for naija graduates,
NTSC is a time to restrategize and plan how to face the labour market, if you from rich family or connected at the top you may not need it but if not, you are on your own.
exactly
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by eki2000(m): 11:39pm On May 24, 2021
If Federal Government stops NYSC, it will be another undoing of Buhari's administration. Whether we accept it or not, the scheme is needed very much especially now that some regions are seeking to disintegrate from the country. Cancelling NYSC is like Federal Government giving the go-ahead for Nigeria to breakup!
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by CAPITALBEE: 11:41pm On May 24, 2021
IMASTEX:
Long overdue, instead graduates should be given training in areas of interest that they can setup something to start making a living. And the funds before now wasted on NYSC should be given to them thereafter as startup funds.

Well said man but none of these is been put into consideration even though the bill has been in consideration since 2019 when it was first rejected, hence my doubt about this line of action. Kindly correct me if I am wrong about this.

Given the stated reasons, its a welcome development no doubt, but total scrapping is only viable when the necessary things are put in place. If not, the country will only end up churning out more unemployed or perhaps unengaged graduates earlier than usual!

In lieu of this, certain modifications can be made and other options explored but not total scrapping!

Many like me took advantage of the opportunities brought to them by the program, others didn't and also some others weren't that opportune.

There are two sides to a coin, and both sides should be clearly considered when making decisions.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by whippersnapper(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2021
Makanaki127:
All of you that's saying that they scarp it bla bla all of you are mad,if you know that you could not graduate successful and that's why you are saying they should scrap it then you are mad and if you have finished serving and you are saying that they should scrap it too it's God that will punish you
shey you know you don't have sense
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Amodi470(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=MeghaneMorgane post=102027124][/quote] they are indirectly want to take away the ₦30,000 they are paying coppers

Na wa oo.. A common man will no longer get any kobo from government and they want to use in security to achieve their long waiting ambition

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Aninri: 11:47pm On May 24, 2021
Long over due.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Ayilara1(m): 12:09am On May 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I really had a great experience. It's not all about fun & freedom,,, it's just about meeting new people & I did meet nice people.

If you ask me, I would say Long live,,,,NYSC!
But I may not see what others are seeing angry

The reasons given are not enough. You for kuku scrap Naija undecided
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Aninri: 12:11am On May 25, 2021
I urge my fellow Democrats in the Red and Green Hallowed Chambers of the National Assembly to do the needful by writting their names on 'GOLD' when they eventually scrap the scheme.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by gevans(m): 12:13am On May 25, 2021
Pls leave NYSC alone. There are other things that needs urgent attention.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Brunicekid(m): 12:16am On May 25, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I don’t think its a good idea if NYSC is scrapped. It could be optional but not scrapped. A lot of youths use that period to plan their lives and the 30k paid by the government solves the needs of millions of people at least for the full one year
I agree with you... They shouldn't scrap NYSC ooo... This bill is definitely a joke... They should have remodelled NYSC to make it more like a service to one Country, she not necessarily based on national integration.

The current NYSC Management go follow them drag better wahala... namaste
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by Ayilara1(m): 12:21am On May 25, 2021
Fanuchi007:
I saved up to 200k during my service year. I interacted with alot of different personalities from different states. Why scrap NYSC? Will scraping NYSC stop kidnapping? Government is just trying to kill everything good in this country. Why can't you provide a governable country for all nigerians. Stopping NYSC will not stop young people from being kidnapped

I'm presently serving and I've benefitted greatly from this scheme but you wouldn't know how fearful it is when you're not a corp member at the moment.

Do you know what it means when you're told not to wear khaki or show corp member identity?

When you want to go for sensitisation and the market leader says you shouldn't come for security reason.

When soilders carry guns around in camp and mount ( This thing that they use too look at far distance).

I'm here but I'm scared 100%
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by doneback04: 12:25am On May 25, 2021
Nigeria government is useless, then them to tackcle the problem they have at hand they leave the major thing to look into and went to dissolve nysc program that is keeping Nigeria students substaning for a period of 1year mean while all the people bring this matter to Senate all their children are outside the country enjoying their life.
Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by edoairways: 12:43am On May 25, 2021
In each field of study, NYSC should be replaced by a year of internship. This will provide graduates with the necessary skills and experience to launch a career. Instead of this monthly stipend, the government should award a lump sum to each graduate at the conclusion of his or her internship program. Skills acquisition and support for entrepreneurship would do good

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading by greggng: 1:03am On May 25, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I don’t think its a good idea if NYSC is scrapped. It could be optional but not scrapped. A lot of youths use that period to plan their lives and the 30k paid by the government solves the needs of millions of people at least for the full one year

The risk out weighs the benefit . On my way to iseyin for my orientation, I nearly loss my life due to cross fire ....police with robbers ....I saw bullet flying ...Again , in my ppa at ogbomosho ...I was expecting to see people from other tribes but 90 percent of corpers there are all from Yoruba states ...I begin to wonder why can't the be posted to other states? Will they learn other people's culture from Yoruba land? The most painful moment was losing a close friend and course mate ...she was posted to the north ...on her way , their bus was involved in an acvident ...the bus caught fire ...nobody survived ...her body burnt ....I met her mum after the incident , I could hold back my tears cos not even a piece of her body was found...her mum told me that her daughter was posted that far cos she doesn't 've connection....there is truth in her statement ...many bought their posting while those without money and connections were posted to the north were insecurity reigns...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper / Corper Dies In Zamfara NYSC Camp (Photos) / Different Types Of Corp Members You Will Meet At The Camp (memes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.