Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? (23285 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 6:55am On May 29, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Yes that’s fine but the reason why I asked you to create a donation link is so that others who want to can support you can support too. I think you should create a donation link and put it on your post ( make sure it is not prohibited in Nairaland) then everyone who want to support can pay some money using the link until the goal amount is reached. I hope you understand.
Ok maybe it's because I am using Opera to browse the site.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 6:58am On May 29, 2021
tripoli007:
Life ain't easy OP , I know times are tough but if you have driving skills , apply as a driver in Lagos or abuja ,with God on your side . you can get a 50-70k a month Job , save a little and look for a car to buy on hire purchase and at least start uber/taxify business ..
I know how to drive automatic already. I want to learn manual then get a drivers license.
It's part of my plans
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 7:00am On May 29, 2021
jospepper:
Oga we your ancestors that graduated in 2009 are still here o
Eeya sorry sir

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 7:05am On May 29, 2021
900warriorz:
The Boy don become Tailor, we meuve grin
grin
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 7:36am On May 29, 2021
whippersnapper:
This life no balance. While in school in zaria I use to have a friend though he graduated before me he got a job with NDIC in 300 level.
Some people are really oportuned sha. It is good to mingle with people and make friends. Because we dey the same class no mean say we be mate. Later found out he's dad was a state governor

That means he got the job without nysc certificate
While I was still sweating in a village class room thinking I am serving my father Land
There is levels to life sha
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Yomit71(m): 10:36am On May 29, 2021
AAbuja:
What's the job? Is it Agricultural related
transport
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by sammyobi584: 12:16pm On May 29, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Embedded programming just involves programming a microprocessor to control a bigger task. It is mostly done in C language. Lots of electronic machines use embedded programming. You can check more on google

Thanks
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 7:13pm On May 29, 2021
Yomit71:
transport
Alright sir
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by tripoli007(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2021
AAbuja:

I know how to drive automatic already. I want to learn manual then get a drivers license.
It's part of my plans

God go bless the hustle .. Don’t give up man
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by whippersnapper(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2021
AAbuja:

That means he got the job without nysc certificate
While I was still sweating in a village class room thinking I am serving my father Land
There is levels to life sha
he had a diploma in law in Kongo campus
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 11:15am On May 30, 2021
Amen
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Sanctecosma(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2021
Chai! If people that graduated since 2016/2017 are complaining about joblessness like this then 2018/2019 graduates still dey learn work.
Nwaotu10:
We're in the same shit bro.

Graduated since 2017, no reasonable thing since then.

Frustration and depression has turned me to a sadist.

I'm just a walking corpse, looking forward to resting in peace someday. cry
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 6:15pm On May 30, 2021
Jocknom:
I graduated 2016. Served 2017. Got a Job of 93k but only work for 3months and resign because it was a microfinance work. I started teaching myself about mini importation and by 2019 I have made good amount of money until corona now came in 2020. Princely June last year I started learning Forex trading. Which have not been easy though. I really thank God! But men Life is not easy oh. But I'm really grateful to God sha though broke now but I believe in a right journey.
Eeya all is well
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 6:39pm On May 30, 2021
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2021
I need a phone to start a job online so that I can at least earn a living. This is my main thread
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Ekitibiased:

I will combine both and tell you with discretion "It is only the living that can fast"

Quote me anywhere
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by BrazilAirport: 9:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
M
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Mumaraoluwa: 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Have you ever been so broke to the extend that you were so ashamed to ask for help from even the closest people around? ����

Well I have been there before, and it is not a crime to ask for help when you are broke but it is crime to remain broke and still asking for the same thing over and over again.

People will one day get tired � of helping you repeatedly for the same thing.
The best way to not be broke is to help yourself out of being broken repeatedly.

Whether you are a 9-5 person or not, be it a housewife, or you are looking for a way to get financial freedom.
With your Smart phone� and Internet connection at the comfort of your home �, you can be financially free.

All you need is to be focused and self motivated and believe you can never be broken again as long as the you are ready to do the work required.

With a minimum capital of 45k
You can have other income streams that can fetch you 100k in a month

Are you interested?
Chat to get started 07064845844
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Firstclass247: 8:22am On Aug 01, 2021
Nwaotu10:
We're in the same shit bro.

Graduated since 2017, no reasonable thing since then.

Frustration and depression has turned me to a sadist.

I'm just a walking corpse, looking forward to resting in peace someday. cry
Check my recent quote and get my WhatsApp line
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Adukke(f): 9:42am On Aug 07, 2021
I pray you story change in jesus name and mine too.
A lot of graduates are depressed, but thank God for social media available to let you know you are not alone.
Why not search for international school?
Teaching is a very good occupation, because you are impacting into people.
Schools closed by 5pm max. You can do some other things to fetch money.
I pray God direct you and me too in jesus name
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
obamartins:

@OP, If you are ready to work hard to change the story, get a good laptop and send me a mail, i will mentor u free of charge. I used the word "work hard" because i realized some of u that cry like this are mentally lazy, but want things to change.
I got a phone 3 days ago so I came back to this thread. It's a 4 gig ram phone. Can I use it instead of a laptop
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
treasurenat:
We are in the same shoe as well,I also graduated in 2017.My best friends who is working in Lagos promised to get me job in his company and to stay with him for a while till I get my accommodation.
But unfortunately he disappointed me.I have even got security job where they have agreed to be paying me 28k but people said that such work did not good for me as a graduate.
Those people that said that disappointed me and could not help me in terms of feeding, accommodation e t c even during cov19 lockdown
See I suffered like mad because it is private school am teaching collecting 15k
The worst thing is that I am an orphan who did hard job to see myself through in University.Although some people contributed.Infact I regretted of going to school.
with what I have seen, it will change for the better some day. Life is rough and tough
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
queenfav:
Where una dey see these jobs.Like it's crazy how someone will pay a graduate 15k!I pay my staff 20k and she's an ND holder.It is well o.
it's harsh out there than you can imagine.
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
johndho:
How person want learn i.T. skill when you don't have a laptop.

Well, many didn't think towards that line or maybe they pretended not to know
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by obamartins(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
AAbuja:
I got a phone 3 days ago so I came back to this thread. It's a 4 gig ram phone. Can I use it instead of a laptop

Maybe, but a laptop is better

1 Like

Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
obamartins:

Maybe, but a laptop is better
I can substitute it with a cafe... If possible
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by AAbuja: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
i need a laptop please. i dont want to take loan because i will default
Re: 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 05, 2022
wow...Pls do you care to share..what freelance site you work in...I opened a US fiverr account..and for over a month.. no good news from it
Tickles001:

2016 ~ 2017 remains the worst year to graduate. I graduated 2016 and this is how I've been coping.

After NYSC I took up a part-time teaching job for 2k per day. I come twice a week. That's about 16k pet month. I loved the job as it gave me time for other stuff.

I followed the advice of some people who thought I should leave the teaching job and go for something that can give me career growth as an engineer. I left the teaching and joined a production/construction company. In an instant, all my freedom was stripped from me as I was literally working round the clock and round the week and I was payed as little as 15k, and a small apartment. With promise of 50k and a car as things progress.

I couldn't trade my freedom for anything. I had to quit after a year. They already bought me a Nissan Micra, hoping to give me the keys but I had to resign the same day. I felt so relieved being free again.

About seven months after. I passed the front of a company and was impressed by the way they situated the office building with a garden. Coincidentally, they was a post that they're hiring. I casually applied and was hired. The pay was 50k for the start and a promise of and increase within 6months if I perform. This time, my position in the maintenance department was even more time demanding than my former job.
I didn't even get any chance to be viewing the gardens that attracted me, as I spent most of my time attending to the heavy machinery.
I had to quit after 2months so I could be free again.

Lastly, I decided that jobs are not for me as often require you mortgage you freedom. I stayed broke for like 3months before my freelance endeavors picked up and could pay my bills.

It's been like 2yrs I didn't work for anyone, nor sell anything. I just stay in my house or anywhere I want to be and work from there. It hasn't been easy, but it was worth it. Most people thought I was being lazy for not staying in jobs. Earning average of $500 per I earn more than most of them today.

My advice: Break out, become a deviant and a non-conformist. Do things that will move you forward not minding what people think or say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigeria Army 75 Regular Intake Is On / Prosper Erem, UNIPORT Graduate And Shoemaker On China Trip (Photos) / Latest Fresh Graduate & Exp. Recruitment At KPMG Nigeria - 9th July, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.