Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? (33801 Views)

My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / Share Your Experience Working On Multiple Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Absquare20(m): 10:09pm On May 24, 2021
Bad
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by UnclePrincipal(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2021
Abcdefghij10000:
A pastor is a human first , bad behaviors transcends the position a man/woman takes ... I Don't like it when we associate crime or bad behaviors to positions or ethnic groups or gender .. there are also good pastors around too , yours might just be an outlier . I still don't support what the CEO/MD did to you .

Meanwhile your personal text is contradicting what you're saying. Hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Odunayaw(m): 10:12pm On May 24, 2021
Gossip no good

Hello house, I'd be having a Whiteboard animation (Videoscribe) class, 28/29 May. Which will feature;
Introduction to Whiteboard animation
Access to cracked Videoscribe software
My library of 10,000+ SVG to use along with Videoscribe
Video tutorials for installation and use
Creation, approval and mentorship on Upwork
Discount for Early Birds
https:///s/60895aaf11878

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by 4four(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2021
katlynf73:

Like seriously!

4four: can you tell me how he arrived at his statistics? 3 of 5 Pastors? You are very unserious
even do his statistic does not have any foundation but his question does not have any underline religion connotations i mean undermining one religion over others

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 24, 2021
PissfulProtester:
grin

"Pastor" is the biggest scam title ever!

I will tell us why...

Many years ago during my NYSC, I was unfortunate to be posted to work with an NGO run by a "Pastor"..As at the time of my posting, he was expecting independent and international bodies to come for their annual Audit. This purely has to do with how he spent all the funds he received for one humanitarian project or the other. grin grin

....To make this story short, this man had no supporting documents for virtually all the transactions he did with these funds. He only had different empty receipt booklets with him which he printed to perfect his fraudulent deals...My posting bright smiles to his face as he believed I had the training to perfect records from school. angry Damn! I saw things!!!

I pissfulprotester said to myself as the going got tougher. I won't start this profession with fraud..Mba! I won't...Had to look for a way to reach my LGI..told him everything to make him see why I must leave that place. Within a week or so, I was posted out of that he'll of a place.

..Don't know how I forgot to mention that the man's office was situated in the same building where he had his church...If God no gentle, aswearugad, that man would have been consumed by mother earth long ago

The one you are doing in the employ of BMC Inc, is it not fraud

Retārd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by simplesearch: 10:19pm On May 24, 2021
Well, maybe bad or good. But how many of us left such a place to become employers of labour, how did you treat your workers?
That also is a very important aspect to consider!

3 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Zenithpeak(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2021
katlynf73:

This is a senseless post. Why single out Pastors? Pastors are humans just like you and me.

It seems you are not getting it right.

Pastors are special kind of people when it comes to taking advantage of the poor. I mingled with them and have seen it all... Trust me, larger percentage of them only want to meet their daily needs at the expense of whoever that comes their ways irrespective of his or her predicament.

11 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by katlynf73: 10:21pm On May 24, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

If you are a Muslim, no one will be able to brainwash you because you will be challenged if you bring something new not in the Quran or Hadith

Like seriously! So boko haram and bandits or fulani herdsmen are not brainwashed? Your point is invalid. Say something else.

4 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by PissfulProtester: 10:22pm On May 24, 2021
NarcoPolo:

The one you are doing in the employ of BMC Inc, is it not fraud

Retārd

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by katlynf73: 10:23pm On May 24, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Pastors are special kind of people when it comes to taking advantage of the poor. I mingled with them and have seen it all... Trust me, larger percentage of them only want to meet their daily needs at the expense of whoever that comes their ways irrespective of his or her predicament.

@Zenithpeak, your assertion, isn't it the same for most Nigerians? Is it limited to Pastors only?
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by NarnieAceTech: 10:25pm On May 24, 2021
During my service, I was posted to a printing press owned by a pastor. I was the graphic designer for flyers, book covers, handbill, you know the deal.

Midway while thinking of a concept for a particular design, he'd summon us to come for mid-day prayer, which lasts for one hour. He also wanted me to become an evangelist, but na that one I no gree at all;
Working there was worth it though; he's a very nice man with a beautiful family, especially his daughter grin I wish I could stay but the state couldn't give me what I wanted in order to advance my career.

6 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by diridiri(m): 10:25pm On May 24, 2021
Zenithpeak:

True talk
is it not why they became pastors in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by PrinceMajestic: 10:28pm On May 24, 2021
Its creepy and unimaginable but in a job like this I may have to shoot the pastor

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by globalresource: 10:31pm On May 24, 2021
Bishop Oyedepo is a pastor. He takes care of his staff and he doesn't owe anyone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Zenithpeak(m): 10:31pm On May 24, 2021
katlynf73:

@Zenithpeak, your assertion, isn't it the same for most Nigerians? Is it limited to Pastors only?

The thread is about these blessed set of people called "Pastors" and not Nigerians.

I had a truck load of dirty experiences with these people, both personal and as a witness.

Please, permit me to keep quiet on this matter.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by InvertedHammer: 10:31pm On May 24, 2021
/
The only problem I have with pastors is that almost everyone in Nigeria is one.

/

5 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by JeffreyJunior: 10:33pm On May 24, 2021
It's like working in the Lord's vineyard with reward in heaven. grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Soleye24(m): 10:35pm On May 24, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Working for a pastor is the best thing than can Happen to anyone, even if they don't pay you, God will remember your labour and sacrifice to his servant and still bless you. But if you complain or bad mouth him, then your life will be miserable. This I have seen.
Na Dem.... Another brainwashed member on the loose. So, because I work for a pastor I'm not entitled to be paid? Or God will only remember me because the self acclaimed man of God is owning me salaries?

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by grandstar(m): 10:38pm On May 24, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Working for a pastor is the best thing than can Happen to anyone, even if they don't pay you, God will remember your labour and sacrifice to his servant and still bless you. But if you complain or bad mouth him, then your life will be miserable. This I have seen.

What you argued for is what clergymen use to rip off people in open daylight. In true Christianity, there's not supposed to even be a clergy class. (Read Matthew 23:8-12)

Do you know delayed salary is a big sin? (Read Deuteronomy 24:14-15). How can you sleep at night peacefully knowing someone is in inexcusable misery because his wages are unpaid? If the company does not have, it's understandable but if it has, highly condemnable.

Too whom much is given, much is expected. Oppressive wolves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by hybridblood07(m): 10:38pm On May 24, 2021
I did oh. They said I'll provide 30% cost of the car and they finance the rest of the payment.
oracle2012:

Try creditville.com for finance.
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by hybridblood07(m): 10:39pm On May 24, 2021
Sure. Should we meet in person?
4djustnation:

Can we talk we can make arrangement for this? I am in Lagos too.
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by xest(m): 10:43pm On May 24, 2021
That's wickedness
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Ayhurthunde(m): 10:43pm On May 24, 2021
They are thieves!!
It’s very unfortunate that most Nigerian pastors that has companies are running their companies like gods. 3 out of 5 pastors don’t usually treat their workers well.

A friend who works in a telecom servicing company owned by a G.O of a church in Lagos has had his life stagnated because the pastor has refused to pay them going to 4months now. The worst part is that he doesn’t deem it fit to explain to them why he can’t pay.
Can you believe that a man with 3 kids would trek kilometers to work and can’t even feed his children while the GM & MD (Both of them are pastors o!) keeps buying expensive cars and building his gigantic church?

He just recently laid the foundation for his school meanwhile he owes his workers salaries going to 4months by the end of may.

So, what’s your experience? Is it good or bad?

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Exodora: 10:44pm On May 24, 2021
Those people are terrible . They will collect full salary only to pay me peanut as a corper then when I discovered I just japa . I cannot come and kill myself for waiting kwa.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Soleye24(m): 10:46pm On May 24, 2021
When I was in Iyana ipaja, I worked in a Muslim school(name withheld). The administrator, woman is so grounded and very versatile in Islamic teachings but she is a terrible cheat. She cheated me in everyway she could, I was taking basic 4 and 5 and from what I heard, the previous teacher who took the two classes was paid for the 2 classes, but she sat on the money because she knew I was just new to the system and unaware of how things were done. Also, the lesson fee which we were supposed to share 50:50, She took 70% and gave me 30%. She cheated other workers too, I stopped using person to explain religion, no one is holy we are only looking for survival. My March salary is still with her, God will punish her for all the terrible things she did to all the staff.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Hundredfold4lif(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2021
WICKED POST!
ALWAYS CREATING TITLES BOTH REAL & FAKE TO MALIGN, MISLEAD, ACCUSE & DENIGRATE PASTORS.
SPITS!
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by LadySarah: 10:50pm On May 24, 2021
Never paid me for once officially but would dash me money or take me shopping until it turned to a relationship.His marriage was only for show ,things had deteriorated completely and trying to console a heartbroken minister turned his affections to me.

God saved me,got admission ,and blocked his line totally. Cant do it to my fellow woman biko.

3 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by stainbaba(m): 10:51pm On May 24, 2021
It’s very unfortunate that most Nigerian pastors that has companies are running their companies like gods. 3 out of 5 pastors don’t usually treat their workers well.

A friend who works in a telecom servicing company owned by a G.O of a church in Lagos has had his life stagnated because the pastor has refused to pay them going to 4months now. The worst part is that he doesn’t deem it fit to explain to them why he can’t pay.
Can you believe that a man with 3 kids would trek kilometers to work and can’t even feed his children while the GM & MD (Both of them are pastors o!) keeps buying expensive cars and building his gigantic church?

He just recently laid the foundation for his school meanwhile he owes his workers salaries going to 4months by the end of may.

So terrible for me ooh, he was my assistant pastor in church but as soon as I started working with him.... evritin changed...he was another man in d office and a saint in d church. It was hell working with him, a his staffs doesn't last 1yr...as dey all always run away. There was a time I almost blasted him, but as a child of God....I controlled my anger and I later quite shal
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Brown2012: 10:52pm On May 24, 2021

Call out the bastard name make we finish am and his Church for NL, he will pay all his debts, sons of Lucifer disguising as pastor.

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Prechy08(m): 11:01pm On May 24, 2021
First hand experience

1. Morning devotion for office
2. If you no sturbon you don join him church like that.
3. Plenty church members that do not qualify for position go full the office

I just give myself brain..... Move

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by oluspicy: 11:05pm On May 24, 2021

I had some life experiences with two of these people who are school owners. They are the reason for me quitting teaching job in 2014, which I love to do.
Re: What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? by Okwyjesus(m): 11:12pm On May 24, 2021
AAbuja:
I once worked for one back in 2019. Both the woman and the man were pastors. The pay was was very low and sometimes it will be half of your total salary.

One thing I noticed was that whenever they want to introduce a bad policy, they start with biblical verses and then give a flimsy reason for the decision. You cant fight it because what can you do when your coworkers has been brainwashed grin

Well when I look back now I understand why they couldn't pay or slashed salaries. The school was being constructed with different loans. They had to pay back so there is no way they won't cheat the workers if at all they intend to meet up with the loan requirements

Ingrate go and open your own business, run it and count the cost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job / Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.