Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Memoir Of A Broken Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Memoir Of A Broken Girl (1414 Views)

The Memoir Of A Born Teacher / Diary Of A Broken Girl. / Is She A Broken Girl Or Da She Cnt Trust Me? Ladies Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by ejudee(f): 5:04pm On May 24, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm a new writer but I have been on Nairaland long enough to read and enjoy the stories of very prolific writers like @repogirl.
I will be dropping mine in the next few days, I hope to hone my writing skills and build a family from here. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by RisenJoe(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2021
ejudee:
Hi everyone. I'm a new writer but I have been on Nairaland long enough to read and enjoy the stories of very prolific writers like @repogirl.
I will be dropping mine in the next few days, I hope to hone my writing skills and build a family from here. Thanks

Upload your pictures fess

2 Likes

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by thatsleepboy1: 5:43pm On May 24, 2021

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by HONESTFACT101(m): 5:57pm On May 24, 2021

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by ejudee(f): 11:08am On May 31, 2021
I never snap better picture. grin
RisenJoe:

Upload your pictures fess
Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by ejudee(f): 11:10am On May 31, 2021
As promised earlier here, I am here to drop it.

Slumped on the bed, Sola has been resisting the urge to cry her eyes out. She wondered why everything else is working out for her besides relationship. In less than a year, she has had to walk out of three relationships. This recent one with Okemute was more painful, she should have known better, she thought to herself.
‘God, the red flags were so glaring!!!!’ She screamed, throwing everything in sight. Her pain was more of how she stupidly tolerated his shit than the heartbreak.
Their meeting was the most magical yet unexpected. Okemute was not exactly the kind of man with a jaw-dropping look but there was something special about his demeanor. He smiled a lot and looked into her eyes while he gave details on the launch of his new cigar into the market and how he wanted the ad.

Lynette Sola, a badass copywriter with Flamingo, an advertising firm always meet with clients on a daily basis as the creative department is the life engine of any advertising firm. She needs to understand what clients want from an ad campaign, what is its intent and the target audience.
Flamingo would usually advise her clientele to set their metrics before getting down to the creative process. She never works in isolation. She works with other copywriters, art directors, designers, production artists, web designers, and creative directors.

On their first meeting, Okemute had eyes only for her and he was intrigued by how well she interpreted his campaign ideas. She knew she got his attention and most importantly, a client for the firm. She did not plan to fall in love with him or so she thought.
Flipping through her diary which she began writing at the age of twelve, she got teary-eyed. This ritual has kept her grounded and reminded her of what she wanted out of life.

March 24
Dear Diary, I just saw my period. The very first!!! I guess I am among the early comers to this menstruation thing. Funny thing is we were taught about it in primary six but I never understood it. and now in JSS 1 it came!. She read as she cringed at how poor her writing was. No proper punctuations. Well, it gave her something to laugh about.
Picking a pen, she made to correct what she had written years ago but decided against it. She continued reading.

I just finished my house chores and was gisting with mummy as we both washed her clothes. She was telling me about menstruation and next thing I felt like I had just urinated on myself. Only to get to the bathroom and saw blood stain on my pant.
I told mummy and she said henceforth, I should not let any boy or man touch me.
(She read as she laughed at African mums’ lame attempt at sex education)

March 25
Today daddy accuse me of having a boyfriend because Mr Fred saw me in Uncle Uche’s room watching film.

She remembered this incident vividly. It happened almost 16years back but she could recall every detail as if it were yesterday. Turning her face to the wall, she could see the incident play out as if it was surreal and happening at the moment.
I just finished my house chores and was gisting with mummy as we both washed her clothes. She was telling me about menstruation and next thing I felt like I had just urinated on myself. Only to get to the bathroom and saw blood stain on my pant.
I told mummy and she said henceforth, I should not let any boy or man touch me. (She read as she laughed at African mums’ lame attempt at sex education)

March 25
Today daddy accuse me of having a boyfriend because Mr Fred saw me in Uncle Uche’s room watching film.

She remembered this incident vividly. It happened almost 16years back but she could recall every detail as if it were yesterday.
She could hear Dad scream from the top of his voice while she made her way home. It was some minutes past 2 pm. This has always been a norm at home.

Briskly, she walked home careful not to become the one on whom her parents transferred their aggression on. Sola could only hope that things don't get out of hand as her dad was always known to be violent.
'Idiot! Where are you coming from?' Dad thundered with bloodshot eyes.
'I...I Lynette stuttered.
'You what?!' He probed.
“I don't know why you would not at least give her the benefit of doubt." Mum intervened.
"Can't you ask calmly instead of shouting?" Mum said more like a plea than a question.
"Your daughter has a boyfriend and you're encouraging her! Dad retorted.
Lynette was lost for words like the cat caught her tongue.
"Look at how she is staring at me!" What were you doing in the neighbour's room this afternoon? Dad asked.
Ding! It hit her. Dad's friend, Mr Fred came by the house, and she was in Uncle Uche's place but in the company of other children. She strategically sat by the door, so she can peep to see who knocks on the door.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by sugeMPee: 1:10pm On May 31, 2021
How does this relate to the thread/post o

thatsleepboy1:
Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by sugeMPee: 1:19pm On May 31, 2021
Calmly following .

Decent writing!
Hope the @op won't leave us midway.

ejudee:
As promised earlier here, I am here to drop it.

Slumped on the bed, Sola has been resisting the urge to cry her eyes out. She wondered why everything else is working out for her besides relationship. In less than a year, she has had to walk out of three relationships. This recent one with Okemute was more painful, she should have known better, she thought to herself.
‘God, the red flags were so glaring!!!!’ She screamed, throwing everything in sight. Her pain was more of how she stupidly tolerated his shit than the heartbreak.
Their meeting was the most magical yet unexpected. Okemute was not exactly the kind of man with a jaw-dropping look but there was something special about his demeanor. He smiled a lot and looked into her eyes while he gave details on the launch of his new cigar into the market and how he wanted the ad.

Lynette Sola, a badass copywriter with Flamingo, an advertising firm always meet with clients on a daily basis as the creative department is the life engine of any advertising firm. She needs to understand what clients want from an ad campaign, what is its intent and the target audience.
Flamingo would usually advise her clientele to set their metrics before getting down to the creative process. She never works in isolation. She works with other copywriters, art directors, designers, production artists, web designers, and creative directors.

On their first meeting, Okemute had eyes only for her and he was intrigued by how well she interpreted his campaign ideas. She knew she got his attention and most importantly, a client for the firm. She did not plan to fall in love with him or so she thought.
Flipping through her diary which she began writing at the age of twelve, she got teary-eyed. This ritual has kept her grounded and reminded her of what she wanted out of life.

March 24
Dear Diary, I just saw my period. The very first!!! I guess I am among the early comers to this menstruation thing. Funny thing is we were taught about it in primary six but I never understood it. and now in JSS 1 it came!. She read, as she cringed at how poor her writing was. No proper punctuations. Well, it gave her something to laugh about.
Picking a pen, she made to correct what she had written years ago but decided against it. She continued reading.

1 Like

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by ejudee(f): 4:06pm On May 31, 2021
Not at all[color=#000099][/color]
sugeMPee:
Calmly following .

Decent writing!
Hope the @op won't leave us midway.

1 Like

Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by mdokaba1(m): 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2021
Nice start-up. You sure have a place in literature. However, do not keep your readers waiting for too long for the completion. You’ve got to feed the beast you have created.
Re: The Memoir Of A Broken Girl by ejudee(f): 11:01am On Jun 09, 2021
This is duly noted.
mdokaba1:
Nice start-up. You sure have a place in literature. However, do not keep your readers waiting for too long for the completion. You’ve got to feed the beast you have created.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Address this? / With All This Attention Why Will She Not Cheat? / Congratulations To Me! I Landed A Plane With The Help Of My Senior Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.