Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,512 members, 7,888,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:56 AM

How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora (12060 Views)

How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by executinal(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2011
classic write up
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by manny4life(m): 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
Lol,

I enjoyed reading through the post; most of this stereotypes, I haven't noticed but it was funny though. Come to think of it, why would anyone want to purchase tickets in advance for a 3hr ride for shopping? Damn, Nigerians are really something else. It's just like people standing in the cold night on Black Friday, at the end of the day, if 500 are on the line only 10 will have tickets, all that for nothing. Anyway, they try, I can't and won't, and as for the slippers joint, I don't (no thanks). @ OP thanks for the write up, I'll watch out for them.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by delpee(f): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin Very funny.

That bit on Next, loud phone conversations and entering anywhere with so much confidence are quite true.  Naija people are a special breed jare.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ op i slept off three times before i could even get halfway,works faster than sleepin pills, yawns
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by agnesefe: 7:28am On Oct 14, 2011
Beyond the stereotype charge, could we in all honesty have earned any better casts? If any, our still honored citizenship outside our shores, despite the failed reality, should inspire in us some relief and gratitude.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by MeandSum: 7:41am On Oct 14, 2011
Good one! only the writer left out some other stuff,  like Nigerians are very very LOUD. Almost like we have this genetic deafness.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Ayowumie(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2011
Stereotyping or not, It was a nice read.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Maximip(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
sizzlers:

@poster, i gbadu all d things you yan i must confess - you get time oo! Kinda waste of bandwit sha!

So what is a good use of bandwit to you?
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Rocktation(f): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2011
Phuckup poster. . .how dare you expose our arses this way, huh?
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by hildaa(f): 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2011
interesting piece
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ Poster, am sure you are old
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Gbenge77(m): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
Brilliant.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by scorpio1(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2011
Naija gals are something else abroad, sometimes i feel it's Inferiority complex that's worrying them, their Bone-NESS is way out of the white mans imagination even when you try to chat them up,
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by ibx1976: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2011
scorpio1:

Naija gals are something else abroad, sometimes i feel it's Inferiority complex that's worrying them, their Bone-NESS is way out of the white mans imagination even when you try to chat them up,
The challenge is to get a girl smiling in 5 minutes. Its never been an easy job bro. Women naturally put up a defense mechanism even when they like you. I like the fact out babes are hard to get.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Maisuya1: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2011
This one happened in china

I used to stay in china, ningbo specifically, me and my friends (an indonasian and a south African) decided to travel around the ancient kingdom to see places like the forbidden city, great wall etc. We arrived Xian to visit the terracotta worriors, after the visit we missed our train and stayed back in d city, at night we went to a bar to hang out, there were different nationalities there. So I left my friends at the pool table to order something to drinkni was sitting and waiting when some black guys stormed into the bar gisting as they entered, very confident, they saw me sitting and came over said to say hi, they told me they were south Africans, I said I was Nigerian, they then proceeded to their table, I was still sitting when one of them walked back to me to say "BROSS WE SELF NA 9ja, BUT IF U WON GET RESPECT FOR HERE ANYBODY ASK U SAY J'BOURG" my mouth was just wide open as he walked away, surely any one who saw me will think I saw a ghost,

That was my encounter with my fellow 9jamen in far away china, I eventually heard some 9ja there are there illegally so they only come out at night and sleep in day time to avoid the authorities, I guess if u push 9ja to the wall they can even turn to vampires. smiley
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by vic4vi(m): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2011
Mai-suya:

This one happened in china

I used to stay in china, ningbo specifically, me and my friends (an indonasian and a south African) decided to travel around the ancient kingdom to see places like the forbidden city, great wall etc. We arrived Xian to visit the terracotta worriors, after the visit we missed our train and stayed back in d city, at night we went to a bar to hang out, there were different nationalities there. So I left my friends at the pool table to order something to drinkni was sitting and waiting when some black guys stormed into the bar gisting as they entered, very confident, they saw me sitting and came over said to say hi, they told me they were south Africans, I said I was Nigerian, they then proceeded to their table, I was still sitting when one of them walked back to me to say "BROSS WE SELF NA 9ja, BUT IF U WON GET RESPECT FOR HERE ANYBODY ASK U SAY J'BOURG" my mouth was just wide open as he walked away, surely any one who saw me will think I saw a ghost,

That was my encounter with my fellow 9jamen in far away china, I eventually heard some 9ja there are there illegally so they only come out at night and sleep in day time to avoid the authorities, I guess if u push 9ja to the wall they can even turn to vampires. smiley
Nna mehn, Na wa ooh, Ife nkaa kalisikwaooo,
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by AjanleKoko: 4:26am On Oct 17, 2011
Did anybody look at that blog, woahnigeria, where the OP got the writeup from?

I just read through, and had a right laugh. Funny as heck.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by mbulela: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2011
just read through the blog where this was culled from.
the blogger is very good.
Naija satire at its best.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by kalauta: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
;d ;d
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by ODymax: 12:24am On May 03, 2012
Yep this is so mostly true . . .
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by bigfrancis21: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
Rotflmao! The author of this post seriously got me laughing....lmao. Cool one though.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by ayo111uk(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2012
I like the Ade and Emeka part. Ade in Woolwich yes, but not sure about Emeka.
Re: How to spot a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora by Davidoff2000: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
Funny.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Countries Where The Sun Never Sets And Where There Is No Night / Relocated / Information On Phd Admission And Scholarship Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.