Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,906 members, 7,799,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ (567 Views)

We Are Not Responsible For Beheading Military Couple In Imo- IPOB / 'Buhari Not Welcomed In Imo' – IPOB Orders Sit-At-Home Over President’s Visit / Police Arrest Ogun Resident For Attacks On Fulanis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by MANDIPUTIN: 7:16am On May 25, 2021
Violence an attempt to weaken region ahead of 2023, says IPAC
Former National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Lai Olurode, has said the court ruling that produced Governor Hope Uzodinma and agitation by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) were likely reasons for the recent attacks on the commission’s offices.

Olurode said the perception that elections do not always reflect the will of the people in the country was another factor that should not be ignored.

He pointed out that argument in some quarters that INEC’s facilities across the country were not well fortified did not hold water, as hoodlums had also attacked other critical assets including police stations.

His words: “Most of the attacks in Imo State was caused by the ill-fated election. It was more of judicial victory, because the election in which someone, who lacked the formidable electoral strength became governor.

“Another reason is the activities of IPOB members, who are against the conduct of elections in the region. But I also think that the argument would only carry weight if there have not been attacks prior to the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the court.

“Elections in Nigeria under Prof. Attahiru Jega and its present Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu might not completely approximate their wishes, but to say that the elections did not totally reflect the wishes of the people and their political links, maybe misgivings”.

On the implications for the 2023 general election, he said setting ablaze INEC facilities would not change the country’s political mood, especially for the agitators, adding that it would not also stop the elections from holding.

On his part, National Chairman, Inter-Party Advisory Council (IPAC), Leonard Nzenwa, said the onslaught on INEC facilities in the South East was an attempt to weaken the region ahead of the 2023 election.

Nzenwa, who disclosed that IPAC had alerted the nation in March this year on plots to attack the electoral institutions, lamented that the security agencies did not act on the intelligence they received.

“The burning of INEC facilities is barbaric and anti-people. It is a direct assault on people with intent to scare them from discharging their civic obligations, particularly for upcoming Anambra election,” he stressed.

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/uzodimmas-emergence-in-imo-ipob-agitation-responsible-for-attacks-on-inec/amp/

Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by Nobody: 7:21am On May 25, 2021
This man called Hope Uzodimma is a confused man... He is naturally mean...
I think INEC is for no use to the people, they are the reason why we have bad government in this country, our vote does not matter again...
Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by athaboi(f): 7:22am On May 25, 2021
Why must he emerge illegally?? Na by force to be governor?? Can't he win an election except with the help of one mallam sharia court judge?? And he emerged and started playing a kind of eye service romance with the Fulanis to the detriment of his people! People should just learn to uphold integrity...that's the peak of modesty

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by chatinent: 7:23am On May 25, 2021
Watching intently...
Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by PissfulProtester: 7:23am On May 25, 2021
We all know na..

We also know that Hope Uzodinma will be there till God says enough..

It's double tragedy for some people to live with the reality of Buhari being the president till 2023..and Hope, the "Fulani stooge" being the governor of imo state till 2023..it's understandable!

What we don't understand is how a group of people who believe they are the most educated allow their emotions to be traded with by a renowned fraudster...

This morning while on twitter, I saw some trends and decided to go through the tweets that made them. (Majorly MNK's)..I wept uncontrollable for the South East.(not physical tears..got none to waste)..I must agree here that Nnamdi Kanu is very intelligent..only that if he was from another region or communicating with people from another region, his daftness will be easily noticed.

This man cannot make a sentence without refering to the Fulanis.(His selling point).. All he needs to do all of the time to get the attention and support of the Igbos is to mention Hausa/Fulani or Muslims...OR paint a picture to make his people feel the agenda is to make the Igbo race go into extinction..

My only prayer is for reasonable Igbos like am.adike to be safe wherever they are..and for those who have taken Nnamdi Kanu as their prophet to be consumed by the flame he has ignited

1 Like

Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by MAGG0T(m): 7:32am On May 25, 2021
cheesy

This useless supreme Court governor...would be disgraced come 2023...I trust imolites, they don't disappoint in putting idiots to where the likely belong.
Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by Nwaotu10(m): 7:45am On May 25, 2021
PissfulProtester:
We all know na..

We also know that Hope Uzodinma will be there till God says enough..

It's double tragedy for some people to live with the reality of Buhari being the president till 2023..and Hope, the "Fulani stooge" being the governor of imo state till 2023..it's understandable!

What we don't understand is how a group of people who believe they are the most educated allow their emotions to be traded with by a renowned fraudster...

This morning while on twitter, I saw some trends and decided to go through the tweets that made them. (Majorly MNK's)..I wept uncontrollable for the South East.(not physical tears..got none to waste)..I must agree here that Nnamdi Kanu is very intelligent..only that if he was from another region or communicating with people from another region, his daftness will be easily noticed.

This man cannot make a sentence without refering to the Fulanis.(His selling point).. All he needs to do all of the time to get the attention and support of the Igbos is to mention Hausa/Fulani or Muslims...OR paint a picture to make his people feel the agenda is to make the Igbo race go into extinction..

I beg to differ, sir.
We love MNK, and there's absolutely nothing that will make us disdain him or perhaps, drop our Biafra agitation. All we want is Biafra, is too much to ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by PissfulProtester: 7:52am On May 25, 2021
Nwaotu10:

I beg to differ, sir.
We love MNK, and there's absolutely nothing that will make us disdain him or perhaps, drop our Biafra agitation. All we want is Biafra, is too much to ask?
Not at all..

I wish you the best

Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by jlinkd78(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2021
Especially cos of Uzodimma emmergence
Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by slivertongue: 10:36am On May 25, 2021
“Most of the attacks in Imo State was caused by the ill-fated election. It was more of judicial victory, because the election in which someone, who lacked the formidable electoral strength became governor.
Re: ‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ by AfonjaMuslim: 12:25pm On May 25, 2021
Supreme court administrator

(1) (Reply)

Should 30 May Be Made A Holiday By Government, KANU And His Ipob Will Oppose / Video: Fulani Herdsmen Flee From Sagamu As Hunters Invade Their Camp. / 2023: Okorocha Wins Igbo Vote For Presidency~vox Pop Online Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.