Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? (19445 Views)

What Was Your Childhood Ambition And Which Work Are You Doing Now? (Pic) / What Would Your Occupation Be If You Followed Your Childhood Dream? / What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by smalldoctor: 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
Aerospace engineering, some how somehow I found my self in scaffolding field at real estate management. I will never give up sad

2 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
An English teacher of some sort.

My folks said that was a waste of intelligence, that no one deliberately applies to study English in the university. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
Astronaut
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Aug28th(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
I swear, I no remember

2 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
Boxer or lawn tennis player.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Vince77(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2021
I wanted to go into music. Then later I wanted to be a writer/marriage counselor. Then later wanted to be a mechanical engineer. Then later I started coding, built a website. And then later became a 3D artist and now I'm learning 3D Animations while currently working as an Accountant.

Weird right?

2 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by hofeshhomes: 5:22pm On May 25, 2021
Businessman. Still is.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Emzenoz(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2021
An Electrical engr
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Wardstunna22(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2021
Would have been a Pharmacist Doctor Nurse just any profession that aids people at their darkest. But after Jamb tumble me I had a rethink. No I wear a white lab coat but as a Bio Scientist... Oluwa Nagode white na white just that some don't walk about with Sthetoscope and Sphygmomanometer...

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by DashDolls(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2021
When I was small I didn't know what I wanted to be in life. All I knew then was that i could sing really well right from the age of 3. My Nursery and Primary teachers kept on saying it. Later in life, I discovered I could Act well at the age of 14 while I was in Science Class. Joined my School drama club and my church drama Dept to horn my craft.

When I finished secondary school about to enter University, I didn't know what to study so I opted for Geography (being a science student). I didn't enjoy studying it atall cos I had no interest in the course. But while in school I had a dream where God came down from heaven and ANOINTED Me.

I graduated and tried my hands on some Auditions for Movies but didn't book any. Directors would tell me I was good and even clap for me at Auditions but will go ahead and give the role to another person or those they liked. I also discovered that most Auditions are SCAM. Believe me...story for another day.

During my NYSC as a teacher in a secondary school, I had this heavy burden to touch lives, make an impact in people's lives and bring hope to people. Sometimes the it disturbs my heart so much that I won't be able to concentrate or even sleep.

I developed this desire and it grew to the point that I started telling God through Prayer that I wanted to touch lives and bring hope to people.

I graduated with a B.Sc in Geography and Planning (Second Class Lower). Applied to so many jobs but couldn't get one. I was frustrated. Story for another day.

Oneday, a neighbor I was always nice to told me to come and promote Plant Stem Cell Therapy (The New Face Of Medicine) and that I can use it to touch lives. Immediately I heard that "TOUCH LIVES", I keyed into the company after some prayers and to God be the glory, God has used me to bring hope and joy to so many families through the therapy especially to Sick and dying Patients.

That's what I do now by the way. I SAVE LIVES. Am not where I want to be but I'm moving. Right now, I want to go into the Healthcare Industry fully hopefully Nursing and definitely not in Nigeria. Would have opted for Medicine but while growing up, I had already been pre-conditioned by people I lived and grew up with that Medicine was too difficult therefore I never saw myself there and also it takes too long to study undecided

Complicated story right? Tell me about it.

What I have learnt is you never know where you want to be in life until Life sets in.
You never can tell if your childhood dreams would be your reality. Some people have dreams but the situation of their location has made them give up on their dreams.
You just have to trust GOD and keep moving for he alone will direct you. After all, the Bible says
"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue" Proverbs 16 vs 1. meaning a man might plan something in his heart but it's up to God to determine it's Manifestation.

I have learnt to be a blind man when walking with God. I have given him my hand for him to hold and take me while I walk with him blindly cos truly, nobody knows where he or she is truly going. Let's all trust GOD.

I hope my story has inspired you all today. Stay blessed.

8 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by fergie001: 5:23pm On May 25, 2021
A footballer....
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by neonly: 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Deep sea worker or purely an inventor of things that will help humanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Focusmind: 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Ambassador.

I thought it was something that could be studied at school. I was always fascinated seeing one of my distance uncles that was Nigeria's High Commissioner to Belgium in the 80s. I can't remember the country but it was in EU.

H looked fabulous then and driven in a peageut 505 Evolution car whenever he was around during Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Elock1: 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Superman
but now file we dy carry

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by TimmyTen(m): 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Doctor
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by West2019(m): 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Solider buh right now an into transporter

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by lavylilly: 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Strippy
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by adecz: 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
Astronaut
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by emmymarine: 5:25pm On May 25, 2021
Becoming a lawyer was my dream career in life but presently I am not
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Jagabanofkwara: 5:25pm On May 25, 2021
Soldier o...not until after I watched a movie where the military niggas were killed anyhow..moya change mind mi

2 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by tillaman(m): 5:25pm On May 25, 2021
Neurosurgeon

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by 001spice: 5:25pm On May 25, 2021
Alexgman1:
At childhood we all have that dream career we wished and aspired to become at adulthood.

Some of us wanted to become a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, radiologist, surgeon, engineer, banker, economist, agriculturist, politician, pilot, journalist, athlete, pastor, fashion designer, educationist, scientist, a soldier, navy, airforce, e.t.c.

As for me my childhood dream career was to become a PILOT but today am an ECONOMIST.

What about you?
footballer or pastor

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Chibuezelala(m): 5:25pm On May 25, 2021
Hmmm...When I was a child, I behaved and thought like a child.

1 Like

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by RexTramadol1: 5:26pm On May 25, 2021
Chai

(Pun) star
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by KingAlabi: 5:26pm On May 25, 2021
I always had that liking for computers in general, was the go to guy for any thing I.T among my peers and my extended family while growing up.
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by bestabigaelever(f): 5:26pm On May 25, 2021
Newscaster
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by AntagonistKKK(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2021
Native doctor. But Amadioha disappointed me.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 25, 2021
Pastor ,now I'm a sailor
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by Cryptodegen: 5:28pm On May 25, 2021
Exactly my childhood dream is my occupation since 6yrs...freedom and momey
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by FatherCHRlSTMAS: 5:28pm On May 25, 2021
greendice:
Robbin hood

Osheyyyyy grin it's not too late
Re: What Will Your Occupation Be If You Had Followed Your Childhood Dreams? by SenecaTheYonger: 5:28pm On May 25, 2021
Designing and fixing airplanes

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi / Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job? / Employers Stop Frustrating Us!!! Cry Of A Nigerian Youth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.