Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? (763 Views)

"Somebody Touched My Bumps And Squeezed In Mecca " - Scottish Lady On Twitter / Pretty Nigerian Lady Dies In Mecca After Completing Her Pilgrimage. Photos / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by usermane(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2021
Then like the modern state of Israel, the Muslims' state will be accused of invasion & occupation of non-Muslim land & will be condemned by non-Muslims as a terrorist state.

Muslims' Conquest & Occupation Of Mecca

Before Islam, Mecca was the religious hub of Arab polytheists who practiced a religion that mixed bits of Abrahamic theology with Arab mythology. And like today's Muslims, the polytheists venerated the site of the sacred mosque & kaaba. When Muhammad began proselytism, of course, he and his followers began to clash with the local authorities, eventually forcing them to migrate to Yathrib - modern Medina - where they established their community.

We know that Muslims grew larger & stronger in Medinah, so much that they came to be perceived as a threat by their original hosts - the local Jews. And this is where the eternal feud between Muslims & Jews sprung from. With increasing power, the Medinan Muslims soon began to resist & engage in frequent warfare against the Meccan polytheists until the famous treaty of Hudaibiya brokered peace between them.

But the polytheists' violation of this treaty became the pretext for the Muslims to invade Mecca & seize power & dominion over the city. Whether this invasion or occupation was sanctioned by their treaty is unclear. At any rate, all of history on this matter originate from Muslims' sources & you know what they say of "History Is Written By The Victors." It seem unlikely that the polytheists would agree on a treaty to surrender their land or shrine to their worst foes.

A lot has been discussed of all the Arab polytheists subsequently embracing Islam, and the Muslim conquest of Mecca deserving praise because it managed to avoid bloodshed. Yet, history has proven that much of these polytheists were deprived access to the holy site & forced to choose between Islam & death. Hence, they apostatized as soon as the prophet died, & this compounded by a chain of tragic events prompted the infamous Apostasy wars.

Parallels Between Muslim Conquest of Mecca & Zionist Conquest of Palestine

All these happened in the 7th century, and Muslims have remained at the helm of Mecca ever since. When you come to the 20th century, then you look at the occupation of Palestine by Zionists, it literally seem like history repeating itself with Muslims in place of the Arab polytheists & Zionists in place of the Medinan Muslims.

Muslim Conquest of Jerusalem

But if my analogy between Muslim conquest of Mecca & Zionist conquest of Jerusalem seem rather forced or far-fetched, then consider that Jerusalem was under Christian rule for centuries with it's holy site venerated by Jews. Then after conquering Mecca, some early the early Muslims thought it ideal to invade Jerusalem; and to compound the misery & humiliation of their Judeo-Christian subjects, build a mosque on the very holiest site of Judaism!

Why I Remain Neutral On Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

All this is why I find mind boggling the popular Muslim outcry of Zionist occupation of Jerusalem & Al Aqsa mosque. And this outcry now translate into outrage that becomes the green light for Hamas to initiate rocket fire against Israel from within the vicinity of civilian Palestinians.

It is true that there are a number of details separating Muslim conquest of Mecca or Jerusalem to Zionist conquest & occupation of Jerusalem. But at the core they're the same, albeit with varying outcomes. One group invading another's territory & taking the reins. So while the Muslims could get away with Mecca & Jerusalem in the 7th century, it is unlikely to happen in the 20th century as we've seen with the Zionists.

Peace.
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by motayoayinde: 6:48pm On May 31, 2021
SHAM ANALYSIS.
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by observer88: 7:29am On Jun 01, 2021
Yea, you are on point, OP. But there's a little difference in both. The Jews originally owned the land. The Muslims invaded and BUILT OR CONVERTED their holiest site to theirs. Now, the Jews are powerful enough to assert themselves on their original property and Muslims are crying foul.

Islam spread by the sword, but they cry loudest whenever they encounter the sword.
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by tatatar: 3:16am On Aug 16, 2021
observer88:
Yea, you are on point, OP. But there's a little difference in both. The Jews originally owned the land. The Muslims invaded and BUILT OR CONVERTED their holiest site to theirs. Now, the Jews are powerful enough to assert themselves on their original property and Muslims are crying foul.

Islam spread by the sword, but they cry loudest whenever they encounter the sword.
See ya head like original property angry
How many lands today can be said to be original of their current inhabitants? We all came from somewhere.
People owned it before the jews invaded,and not just invaded but committed a genocide as gleefully written in their own scriptures; so it wasn't even "originally" theirs.
Before Arabs conquered it,Jews weren't even allowed to enter Jerusalem– a ban placed by your loving xtian brothers and removed by the Arabs. They found that "holiest site" a refuse dump– also done by your loving xtian brothers. So I wonder what wrong the Muslims did to the Jews.
The Muslims currently there are mostly still the people the Arabs met living there who over time adopted Islam.
And what do you mean by "spread by the sword" undecided
Do you mean to say one of the means it spread was through empires? Oh really...I hope you ain't a xtian typing that shit! For you should be the last to cry when you encounter the sword.
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by tatatar: 3:52am On Aug 16, 2021
usermane:
[s]Then like the modern state of Israel, the Muslims' state will be accused of invasion & occupation of non-Muslim land & will be condemned by non-Muslims as a terrorist state.

Before Islam, Mecca was the religious hub of Arab polytheists who practiced a religion that mixed bits of Abrahamic theology with Arab mythology. And like today's Muslims, the polytheists venerated the site of the sacred mosque & kaaba. When Muhammad began proselytism, of course, he and his followers began to clash with the local authorities, eventually forcing them to migrate to Yathrib - modern Medina - where they established their community.

We know that Muslims grew larger & stronger in Medinah, so much that they came to be perceived as a threat by their original hosts - the local Jews. And this is where the eternal feud between Muslims & Jews sprung from. With increasing power, the Medinan Muslims soon began to resist & engage in frequent warfare against the Meccan polytheists until the famous treaty of Hudaibiya brokered peace between them.

But the polytheists' violation of this treaty became the pretext for the Muslims to invade Mecca & seize power & dominion over the city. Whether this invasion or occupation was sanctioned by their treaty is unclear. At any rate, all of history on this matter originate from Muslims' sources & you know what they say of "History Is Written By The Victors." It seem unlikely that the polytheists would agree on a treaty to surrender their land or shrine to their worst foes.

A lot has been discussed of all the Arab polytheists subsequently embracing Islam, and the Muslim conquest of Mecca deserving praise because it managed to avoid bloodshed. Yet, history has proven that much of these polytheists were deprived access to the holy site & forced to choose between Islam & death. Hence, they apostatized as soon as the prophet died, & this compounded by a chain of tragic events prompted the infamous Apostasy wars.

Parallels Between Muslim Conquest of Mecca & Zionist Conquest of Palestine

All these happened in the 7th century, and Muslims have remained at the helm of Mecca ever since. When you come to the 20th century, then you look at the occupation of Palestine by Zionists, it literally seem like history repeating itself with Muslims in place of the Arab polytheists & Zionists in place of the Medinan Muslims.

Muslim Conquest of Jerusalem

But if my analogy between Muslim conquest of Mecca & Zionist conquest of Jerusalem seem rather forced or far-fetched, then consider that Jerusalem was under Christian rule for centuries with it's holy site venerated by Jews. Then after conquering Mecca, some early the early Muslims thought it ideal to invade Jerusalem; and to compound the misery & humiliation of their Judeo-Christian subjects, build a mosque on the very holiest site of Judaism!

Why I Remain Neutral On Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

All this is why I find mind boggling the popular Muslim outcry of Zionist occupation of Jerusalem & Al Aqsa mosque. And this outcry now translate into outrage that becomes the green light for Hamas to initiate rocket fire against Israel from within the vicinity of civilian Palestinians.

It is true that there are a number of details separating Muslim conquest of Mecca or Jerusalem to Zionist conquest & occupation of Jerusalem. But at the core they're the same, albeit with varying outcomes. One group invading another's territory & taking the reins. So while the Muslims could get away with Mecca & Jerusalem in the 7th century, it is unlikely to happen in the 20th century as we've seen with the Zionists.

Peace.[/s]
Rubbish.
Lying as usual
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by RightChannel: 5:17am On Aug 16, 2021
You are the one lying

tatatar:

Rubbish.
Lying as usual

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by tatatar: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2021
RightChannel:
You are the one lying

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If I live - if Allah wills - I will expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula.

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606
What does this proves in regards to his write-up

And ain't there 3million of you Kaffirs in Saudi Arabia?
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by RightChannel: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
tatatar:

What does this proves in regards to his write-up

And ain't there 3million of you Kaffirs in Saudi Arabia?

This is his write up you called as rubbish and lying

To justify the above write up, I backed it up with what Muhammad said that he will expel the Jews and Christians from Arabian Peninsula, which he did before he was poisoned to death

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

THE 3MILLION KEFFIRS YOU NAMED AS CHRISTIANS AND JEWS IN SAUDI ARABIA, DO THEY HAVE A PLACE OF WORSHIP LIKE CHURCH BUILDING, TEMPLE, etc?
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by tatatar: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
RightChannel:

This is his write up you called as rubbish and lying

To justify the above write up, I backed it up with what Muhammad said that he will expel the Jews and Christians from Arabian Peninsula, which he did before he was poisoned to death

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

THE 3MILLION KEFFIRS YOU NAMED AS CHRISTIANS AND JEWS IN SAUDI ARABIA, DO THEY HAVE A PLACE OF WORSHIP LIKE CHURCH BUILDING, TEMPLE, etc?
I still don't see what your backup proves regarding his write-up.

Is there any Mosque in the Vatican?
Every Saudi Arabian citizen is a Muslim,so there are no need officially for churches. The non-Muslims are expats who reside in their own diplomatic quarters where they're allowed to do whatever they want inside.
Re: What If Muslims' Conquest Of Mecca Or Jerusalem Happened In The 20th Century? by RightChannel: 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2021
tatatar:

I still don't see what your backup proves regarding his write-up.

Every Saudi Arabian citizen is a Muslim,so there are no need officially for churches. The non-Muslims are expats who reside in their own diplomatic quarters where they're allowed to do whatever they want inside.

So you never see "I will expel"?

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

tatatar:

VATICAN CITY IS STILL UNDER ROME, VATICAN CITY IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS A COUNTRY UNDER UNITED NATIONS (UN). There are many Mosques in Italy Rome, Big structures mosques like that.. So come with another point make I enlighten you the more

Let me burst your brain again, In Vatican City you will never see any other Christian denomination except ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCHES

tatatar:

Point of correction; before muhamnad was born, People living in Saudi Arabia are Christians, Jews and Idols worshippers when Muhammad came with his Religion Islam and his god Allah, he forced people to choose between Islam and death and that is what brought up the hadith I qouted above

Jami at-tirmidhi 1606

But you have official Mosques in Rome, Italy. I want you to judge it yourself, IS YOUR RELIGION ISLAM TOLERANT?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! Bird Disturbing Us / I Need Sound Advice Urgently. / Justin Bieber Stops Turkey Concert Twice To Honor Muslim Prayer Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.