Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review (1743 Views)

Olla V9 Pro Unboxing & Review - N32,000 Budget Phone With A Punch-hole (photos) / Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Unboxing, Review & Camera Comparison W/ Iphone 11 Pro(photos) / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by Valorreviews(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9gQFusZKQ

If superman was a budget smartphone he would be the Poco X3 pro. The Poco X3 Pro is the fastest budget smartphone for the year 2021 and nothing comes close. Priced at $230 or N115,000, it is cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy A52, Redmi note 10 Pro, Tecno camon 17 Pro and it annihilates those smartphones in the performance department but it does have a few flaws.
[img][/img]
Unboxing

The POCO X3 Pro comes with a 33 watts fast charger that charges this device from 0-100% in 70mins. It comes with a USB type C cable, Poco Stickers, a TPU case, warranty, and user guide manuals.

Build Quality

For the build quality, the POCO X3 Pro has a plastic rear, the frame is made out of plastic and the display is protected with corning gorilla glass 6. This is one durable smartphone because of the plastic rear and frame. As for the display, it offers improved drop and scratch resistance but you still need to get a plastic screen protector if you live life on the edge as I do.

The POCO X3 Pro is an IP 53 dust and splash-resistant smartphone. I have dumped it inside water and everything works fine so in my books, it can handle water and it will survive if you happen to get it wet.

For the weight, it isn’t a light device. It weighs 215grams and over time, if you use this smartphone for long hours, you will feel the heft.

External Features

POCO X3 Pro comes with a 3.5mm audio jack, USB type C port, a mic, and a speaker. It has dual stereo speakers and they are loud. The 2nd speaker is located at the top, it also has a sound outlet here so you have sound hitting you from the front, the left, and the right. Another thing worth mentioning is the rear vibrates when you turn up the volume and you can feel it. Some people like it, some don’t, I think it is a brilliant idea because it makes what you are watching come alive. On the right side, it comes with a dual nano sim card tray and a memory card slot. At the top is where the IR blaster, secondary microphone, and speaker are located. you will see the volume and the power buttons on the right side. The power button doubles as the fingerprint scanner and it is super fast, instant and it works 99% of the time.

Moving to the rear, you will see the big, bold, and beautiful POCO sign and the Camera bump. I used the Poco X3 NFC and I have gotten used to how it looks. More on the cameras to come when I get to the camera section of this video.

Display

Moving to the display, it is a 6.67 inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 X 2400 Pixels. The display has a 120Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate. Because it is hard to explain how the 120Hz refresh rate looks like on camera, here is a video showing you just how smooth and a big deal the 120Hz refresh rate is. As for the 240 Hz touch sampling rate, well, it is a fancy way of saying the display is very responsive to touch which is good for gaming. The display has a bit of bezel especially at the bottom but honestly, it isn’t going to bother you one bit. The camera hole punch is also not that big unlike some other smartphones and coupled with the dual stereo speakers and the size of this display, consuming content is enjoyable.

It isn’t until you hold your friend’s Redmi note 10 Pro that you begin to notice that your display isn’t that contrasty or vibrant. The major negative this smartphone has is the display and I get why they used an IPS LCD panel and that is to keep the price of this smartphone down. For an IPS LCD Panel, it is one of the best I have used and I have used a lot of them and with the 120Hz refresh rate, I can live with it.

Performance

Performance is where the Poco X3 Pro Reigns Supreme in the budget category. It is powered by the Snapdragon 860 Processor, a 7nm chipset that offers flagship-level performance. The Snapdragon 860 processor is the leading 4G Flagship processor in the year 2021 and looking at the Antutu benchmark score and the Geek Bench score of this device, nothing comes close.
The processor isn’t the only component inside this smartphone that makes it super fast. It has UFS 3.1 storage that offers snappy read and write speed. This makes opening apps, saving super fast on this smartphone.

The Poco X3 pro comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Multitasking is fluid and fast and it has more than enough space for you to install heavy games.

Speaking about gaming, no other smartphone plays games better than the Poco X3 Pro in the budget category. PUGB Runs at HDR graphics and Extreme Frame rate while other smartphones run it at HD graphics and High frame rate.

Geshin impact, one of the most demanding games for a smartphone to play, the Poco X3 Pro runs it at the highest graphic settings and at 60FPS. what!!!

The thing about this smartphone is it doesn’t just run these games at the highest graphics settings, the gameplay is butter smooth. Especially for PUBG, it is like I have superpowers, a sixth sense when I use this smartphone.

Granted the phone does get a bit warm when playing games for long durations even with the Liquid cool technology that provides up to 6% cooling. but show me a phone that doesn’t get warm when you crank up the graphics settings to the highest. Does the Poco X3 Pro throttle when it gets hot, I played pubg for about an hour and I didn’t notice any frame drop.

For the operating system, the Poco X3 Pro is running Andriod 11 with Miui version 12.0.5 scrolling from the home screen to the app drawer to launching apps is fast thanks to the 120Hz refresh rate and the powerful flagship processor. It is a joy to use. It has some special features like a game mode that allows you to increase touch response and enhance the visuals, it has a video toolbox that gives you a shortcut to record, take a screenshot, and cast to a compatible display among other things. It has “second space” that allows you to have different profiles on one smartphone.

Cameras

For the cameras, the Poco X3 pro comes with a 20MP F2.2 front-facing camera, and here are pictures captured with it. Pictures look decent for a $200 smartphone. Portrait shots look decent. Overall I am ok with the front-facing camera.

For the rear camera, the poco X3 Pro comes with a 48MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth camera. Here are picture samples captured using the cameras of the Poco X3 pro.

Battery

For the battery, the Poco X3 pro comes with a 5,160 mAh battery, and even with the 120Hz refresh rate and the powerful processor, it still got me through the day. Here is the charging time of the Poco X3 Pro and to charge from 0-100% in 70 mins is not bad.

Charging Time:
15mins 23%
30mins 49%
45mins 68%
60mins 91%
70mins 100%

Conclusion

The Poco X3 Pro is the only smartphone that deserves the Pro label. With the snapdragon 860 chipset, the amount of power it delivers is breathtaking. The price is very affordable. The display, yes it is an IPS LCD Panel but I tell you when you start using this smartphone, you are going to forget all about that and be marveled by how fast, fluid this performance machine is. I have the redmi note 10 pro, the Samsung Galaxy A52, Samsung Galaxy A72, and do you know the smartphone I pick up when I want to play games or edit videos? It's the Poco X3 Pro. It gives you flagship-level performance at $230.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by Rootprof(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2021
Take it or leave it this guys are trying .. They make phones with great spec and performance also at cheaper price.
God bless xiaomi. Now people will understand more that some phone manufacturer have been milking them seriously. I still hope,pray and desire to own this phone soon. God bless all our works and endeavors

1 Like

Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:34pm On May 25, 2021
Amazing
Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by FryMosquito: 6:35pm On May 25, 2021
Now available for Jumia Xiaomi official store..

1 Like

Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by Deasegun19(m): 6:46pm On May 25, 2021
great.
Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by horlahwaley(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2021
Very cool
Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by Seyilome(m): 11:17pm On May 25, 2021
You have said it all.
Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by liveyourlife007(m): 7:29am On May 26, 2021
Dope
Re: POCO X3 Pro Unboxing & Review by Fejos(m): 11:28am On May 26, 2021
Great.. but I still prefer my redmi note 10 pro. The King of the pros

(1) (Reply)

Which Best Android Phone Of 30-35k Is Available / Phone Codes / Pls I Need Info On Hw To Get Lgpc Suite 4 My Lg Ku990

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.