Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

I Will Bridge The Gap Between The People And The Government Says Engr Johnbosco - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Bridge The Gap Between The People And The Government Says Engr Johnbosco (185 Views)

Abia Government Says It's Not Against Peter Obi's Visit To Aba For Rally / Twitter Reacts To Suspension By Nigerian Government, Says It's 'Deeply Concerned / Godwin Maduka Storms Johnbosco's Music Academy Launch (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Bridge The Gap Between The People And The Government Says Engr Johnbosco by Paschal2806: 8:14pm On May 25, 2021
IFEDICHE 2021: *My Administration will Bridge the Gap between the People and the Government* -- Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo

At a press briefing with newsmen in the FCT, Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo has called on the good people of Anambra State to join hands in building the Anambra of our dream.

During the press briefing, he emphasized that his vision for Anambra State is to make Anambra State the best place to be in Nigeria.

"Starting from June 26, 2021, Anambra has to take sides with innovative thinking championed by visionary people with creative intellect, if we must create the future we desire," Engr. Johnbosco Onunkwo said.

"The poor governance and hardship in Anambra State today are caused by poor leadership," he stated. "Only good leadership can make things right and the power to elect good or bad leaders lies with the people because power belongs to the people," he added.

The humanitarian, community builder and technocrat in the oil sector, therefore, pleaded with the good people of Anambra State to use their power well by electing only good leaders to public offices.

Fielding questions from journalists as to what plans he had for Anambra State if elected to serve the state, he said, "One thing my administration will do is to bridge the gap between the people and the government. We will introduce the Local Executive Council to be held with community leaders, PGs of town unions, church leaders and security agencies, to be chaired by the governor. The Local Executive Council will give me the opportunity to have a direct link with the grassroots, appreciate their challenges(without depending on my political appointees) and collectively proffer solutions on which the State Executive Council will anchor their decisions," he explained.

Speaking further, he maintained succinctly that "appointments into government agencies and boards will cut across towns and relevant groups."

"We will also grant financial autonomy to the local governments and conduct local government elections. Apart from that, we will grant financial autonomy to the State House of Assembly and introduce the treasury single account," he remarked.

Re: I Will Bridge The Gap Between The People And The Government Says Engr Johnbosco by FBIBOT(m): 8:15pm On May 25, 2021
Opor
Re: I Will Bridge The Gap Between The People And The Government Says Engr Johnbosco by PCSI: 8:18pm On May 25, 2021
SOLUDOZIE

(1) (Reply)

PDP Cabal Held Cross River To Ransome For Years, Ayade Alleges / Letter to Nnamdi Kanu: The South East Need Peace / Dr Godwin Maduka Begs Ndi-anambra For Opportunity To Govern Anambra Nov, 6 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.