Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,009 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University (32347 Views)

About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics / Madonna University Nigeria A Citadel Of Learning / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by codemaniacs: 1:22pm On May 26, 2021
Asour:

Point taken though BUT truth be told NOT ALL
Oil assets are owned by Northerners.
That's exaggerated.

The vast majority of Oil assets are leased(I believe that's the right word ) by Foreign MNCs.
The rest of it are owned by elite Nigerians of northern and southern extraction.

Among the TRUE ELITE they don't care much about tribal extraction.

Elites are the ones who really care about tribalism. See b:uhari , a:zikiwe..
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2021
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Ameboperoo(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2021
zik4ever:
Please check this information! The ANAN university already approved and located in Kwall, Plateau State should be the first Accounting university in Nigeria.
College of Accounting
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by femi4: 1:39pm On May 26, 2021
zik4ever:
Please check this information! The ANAN university already approved and located in Kwall, Plateau State should be the first Accounting university in Nigeria.
ANAN is not recognized in the south. Any Aboki constituted accounting association or institution is invalid
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by AmotekunSW: 1:44pm On May 26, 2021
codemaniacs:

What happened to achievers University?

FG and northern politicians won't let it fold up.

You expect them to let an institution giving free certificates for northerners fold up . grin

The North used ANAN, not ICAN. Even the current Minister of Finance failed ICAN and ran to collect akube certification from ANAN.
ICAN won't see shingbain in Abuja.
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by femi4: 1:46pm On May 26, 2021
CSTRR:
They are hungry.

Why would I go to unilag to study accounting when I can go to the regulator itself.?

It is like the National society of Engineers establishing an Engineering University.

Excess money for the ICAN people Which is what they want.

The Universities should sue them.
It's not the same.

A degree in accounting is different from ICAN professional exams.

ICAN university is under NUC and strictly on first degree in accounting related courses
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by michlins(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2021
Revere27:

The man get craze ooo... He does not take nonsense... Economics teacher smiley
like I said, I don't know your school and time you graduated secondary school. You don't do anyhow
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by AntiAPC2023(f): 1:55pm On May 26, 2021
Modinomodina:
Yippee let me go and teach Peachtree accounting there
kindly drop your number
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by zik4ever: 2:05pm On May 26, 2021
Ameboperoo:

College of Accounting
Yes it has always been a College if Accounting but on 3rd February 2021, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved it as the ANAN University. It was one of 20 universities approved that day.
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by zik4ever: 2:08pm On May 26, 2021
femi4:
ANAN is not recognized in the south. Any Aboki constituted accounting association or institution is invalid
I didn't mean whether it was recognised in terms of geo-politics or whatever! I meant to state that the ANAN University is the first approved by the Federal Executive Council and so is the first Accounting university in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Matheusmartin: 2:11pm On May 26, 2021
Asour:

Point taken though BUT truth be told NOT ALL
Oil assets are owned by Northerners.
That's exaggerated.

The vast majority of Oil assets are leased(I believe that's the right word ) by Foreign MNCs.
The rest of it are owned by elite Nigerians of northern and southern extraction.

Among the TRUE ELITE they don't care much about tribal extraction.
You are right though.
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Onyemadonald(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2021
zik4ever:
ANAN is college of accountancy.
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Bluntemperor: 2:17pm On May 26, 2021
Matheusmartin:
...we acquire all of these knowledge here in the south only for Aboki them to be given key juicy positions...
[sup][/sup]

God bless the day you are born!
Why should you choose Abuja to place such University? What has been the contributions of those you want to please?
Abuja can no longer be talking about 'fairness' in all manner of good and godly things- appointments are lopsided, promotion, and even quotas System that the Constitution recognized has been bashed by the rulers.
University is 'universal' and I wander whether you will compel the large proportion of Students, especially from the South to be traveling down at this stage of the Country!
I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Rotji(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2021
[quote author=Onyemadonald post=102080005]
https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2021/05/ican-unveils-ican-university-nigerias.html[/quo0te]

Not true about the first Accounting University, ANAN University is the first. However, this is a very good development
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Rotji(m): 2:28pm On May 26, 2021
Onyemadonald:

It's now a University please

1 Like

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by jerrysayo(m): 2:33pm On May 26, 2021
Don't be suprise If they started admitting medicine student

1 Like

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by zik4ever: 2:35pm On May 26, 2021
Onyemadonald:
It was upgraded to a University and approved by the Federal Government in February this year.
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by calaharry: 2:43pm On May 26, 2021
my dear Ican now we can make more chartered accountants to export to the world , no need to travel abroad again grin grin grin;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-6wUWffkA&t=1s
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Josywhyte: 2:45pm On May 26, 2021
A project that will soon be abandoned
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by femi4: 3:09pm On May 26, 2021
zik4ever:

I didn't mean whether it was recognised in terms of geo-politics or whatever! I meant to state that the ANAN University is the first approved by the Federal Executive Council and so is the first Accounting university in Nigeria.
If you read in between lines, it won't be difficult for you to understand my point that anything ANAN is a scam and remains invalid
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by Patwitme(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2021
Establishing a university is not a bad idea but the location is wrong
On my own suggestion ICAN should have a school across the Geo political zone just the same way Law operate whereby once u are done with ur BSc u enroll into one of the school spend one year, pass the assigned courses then become a chartered
if u fail any of the courses u repeat

It will be more easier and accessible to all a sundries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 3:42pm On May 26, 2021
zik4ever:
Onyemadonald take note. There exist a universitiy for accounting graduate
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 3:44pm On May 26, 2021
Patwitme:
Establishing a university is not a bad idea but the location is wrong
On my own suggestion ICAN should have a school across the Geo political zone just the same way Law operate whereby once u are done with ur BSc u enroll into one of the school spend one year, pass the assigned courses then become a chartered
if u fail any of the courses u repeat

It will be more easier and accessible to all a sundries
Abuja then other campuses will emerge with time
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 3:48pm On May 26, 2021
femi4:
If you read in between lines, it won't be difficult for you to understand my point that anything ANAN is a scam and remains invalid
ANAN is recognised accounting profession so deal with it.
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 3:49pm On May 26, 2021
jerrysayo:
Don't be suprise If they started admitting medicine student
ICAN admit all manner of persons including market women
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 3:51pm On May 26, 2021
Nylonbag:
Before you know it,they will add 30 borrowed courses and render the university useless
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 4:02pm On May 26, 2021
femi4:
ANAN is recognised in the south, stop giving out false information
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 4:05pm On May 26, 2021
Obito555:
When I saw this post what comes to my mind is that COREN is useless
COREN at least did something tangible for their members. Any graduate from engineering will not teach in schools compare to accounting graduate
Re: ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University by edoairways: 4:08pm On May 26, 2021
FalseProphet1:
This University will remain at foundation level for the next 20 years, all the funds will be looted and relooted, thick bushes will grow and cover the little progress done on the site cos the funds has been looted and the work abandoned. This I have seen.
grin grin grin grin ICAN will not let that happen because ANAN their competitor has a universitiy. I learnt from a reliable source that ANAN is pushing for a bill to recognise forensic accountant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trapped In Girls' Hostel / Female University Of Uyo Student Dies 2 Weeks After Writing Her Last Exams(pics) / Final Year UNILORIN Student Expelled For Writing Exam For His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.