Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 AM

Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC (22427 Views)

Covenant University Recruits New Set Of Foreign Staff / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by wpadmin: 2:26pm On May 26, 2021
obembet:
Some mumu will be shouting advance secondary school..

Over to u

Na just ignorance

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 26, 2021
I respect and will forever appreciate Bishop Oyedepo for his contribution to education, research, and youth development in Nigeria. He is a rare blessing.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by SpatialKing(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2021
Tomorrow they will say CU is just a glorified secondary school

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Emeka71(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2021
VillageHead:
I am sure you all can now understand why their school fees is on the high side?

Hope you will allow Bishop Oyedepo to rest?

After-all you get value in place of the money.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Chirowman(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2021
Good one

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Pious101: 2:43pm On May 26, 2021
SpatialKing:
Tomorrow they will say CU is just a glorified secondary school
no mind d bunch of hypocritical nairalanders

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Teejay13(m): 2:49pm On May 26, 2021
Well-done covenant university!
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by KazikageSama: 2:50pm On May 26, 2021
Now you know why some corporates will rather employ private university students.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Angelmichael63: 2:52pm On May 26, 2021
VillageHead:
I am sure you all can now understand why their school fees is on the high side?

Hope you will allow Bishop Oyedepo to rest?

Bishop does not and will never be concerned about their wailing so if they like they should continue

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Tobechuckwu(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2021
blizard44:
This one na advert thread grin Kile leyi gan grin

Who tell u say CU dey look for students?
I'm not sure I've seen their advert on any national television.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Heavenboi: 2:59pm On May 26, 2021
barojana:
"Some of the international grants won by the university includes the Commonwealth future climate research cohort, the European union grant for intra Africa mobility scheme, Association of commonwealth grant and UNESCO chair on plant biotechnology.

On the International Visiting Scholar programme, a university strategic initiative to increase international faculty participation in scholarly and scientific productivity and profile of the university.

Through a short appointment, foreign scholars teach undergraduate and post graduate students thus raising the diversity of the system making the students more cosmopolitan in knowledge and experience.

Under this program, the university has now engaged in 103 international scholars for the 2020/2021 session."

Vice Chancellor - Prof. Humphrey Adebayo

Time: 1:49:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcPJEsvEPNc

Congratulations to them
Money speaking

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 26, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Who tell u say CU dey look for students?
I'm not sure I've seen their advert on any national television.

I mean the different adverts littering that first page in the name of comments.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Basicend: 3:02pm On May 26, 2021
If Oyedepo is the president of this zoo, we would advance far by now. He has the spirit of excellence in him.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Basicend: 3:05pm On May 26, 2021
geonell:

the new management at CU. are trying lately. but this one they graduated over 250 first class recently.

Isn't class.is.like 2.2 of a federal uni.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by na2016: 3:06pm On May 26, 2021
Mharthings:
How on earth did I ever argue that Federal universities are better than private universities in this Nigeria? How? cry

And I once argued that a second class lower student in a federal university is better than a first class graduate in private universities.

Lord, forgive the words of my mouth for I knew nothing.

CU is doing so well. So it is for other private universities too.

Truth is soon Public Universities if they remain the way they are, we be retirement ground for private University Lecturers

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 26, 2021
Bravo? Who will pay abeg .
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Gerrard59(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2021
geonell:

the new management at CU. are trying lately. but this one they graduated over 250 first class recently.

Forty-four percent of Imperial College grads in 2016 convoked with a first class, how about that?

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by chriskosherbal(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2021
Congratulations CU
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by DrayZee: 3:13pm On May 26, 2021
geonell:

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Asour: 3:14pm On May 26, 2021
TONYE001:
This is wonderful!

We all can see reasons why the tuition is expensive. Good thing is, you get what you pay for...unlike in public schools.

Respect to the brains behind the CU project; respect to the students of CU.

Possibly.

Nice development.

But some of these collaborations involves external funding not borne by CU.

I heard that in the 1980s when Rivers State. University of science & technology was created it had foreign lecturers. Funnily the school is more expensive now (without these foreigners) than it was then — regardless of inflation.
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Lucky2020(m): 3:21pm On May 26, 2021
What a great one!
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Imsoblessed: 3:35pm On May 26, 2021
obembet:
Some mumu will be shouting advance secondary school..

Over to u
only stupid people, with the mindset of attacking anything that has to do with church, thinks like that.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Kzinne: 3:59pm On May 26, 2021
TONYE001:
This is wonderful!

We all can see reasons why the tuition is expensive. Good thing is, you get what you pay for...unlike in public schools.

Respect to the brains behind the CU project; respect to the students of CU.
how much do you pay for tuition in a federal University?? Basically free cos ASUU will never allow full financial autonomy for our federal universities so that they can lazy at work
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by NairaMaster1(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2021
geonell:

You think they are joking there?

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by juniorstar(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2021
What makes a university world renowned is
1 the diversity of the student population..both local and foreign nationals
2 the research output
3 the teaching staff..both local and foreign.
CU is getting it right.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by Brunicekid(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2021
ybalogs:
And so?
It means a lot...

How many Public Universities have these numbers of international visiting scholars?
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by BennyDGreat: 4:21pm On May 26, 2021
This is a big one
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by peacettw: 4:28pm On May 26, 2021
It is settled. My kids will attend this school
Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by CodeTemplar: 4:45pm On May 26, 2021
It is harder to imagine a school like this witnessing those "A is for God and B is for brilliant students" kind of talk because you don't want to look silly if the video leaks to your international colleagues.

Re: Covenant University Recruits 103 International Visiting Scholars - VC by CodeTemplar: 4:46pm On May 26, 2021
Heavenboi:

Congratulations to them
Money speaking
This isn't "money speaking" in a sense. What about public schools who get huge allocations?

Primary School Certificate Holder Dupes SAN / NANS Releases Full Report On Fuoye Crisis, Bans Fayemi And Wife From Schools / Why Is There A "D" In "Fridge", But Not In "Refrigerator" Or "Refrigerate"?