Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service (625 Views)

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / Cardinal John Onaiyekan Retires As Archbishop Of Abuja / I Massaged Her Body With Coconut Oil, Then Raped Her!!!---64 Year Old Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by felixzo1(m): 6:52pm On May 26, 2021
80-year-old Catholic priest returns home with only two bags after 53 years of service in Kenya

Father Adolf Poll, who was fondly known as Father Alleluia, served in the Catholic Dioceses of Kisii and Malindi and he returned to Italy for his retirement on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.

Just In: Italian Catholic priest, Leaves Kenya After 50 Years With Only 2 Bags | Centapost

According to a statement by the Catholic Justice and Peace Commission, Malindi, the octogenarian who will turn 81 in the coming week has been serving as a missionary priest in Kenya since 1968.

The statement indicated: "Today May 25, 2021, the missionary priest, who will celebrate his 81st birthday next week (3rd June), packed all his personal belongings acquired during his more than five decades of priestly ministry in Kenya, fitting in just two small bags, and started his journey back home in Italy for retirement."

He was ordained as a priest in 1966 in Northern Italy, and he came to Kenya in December 1968 to serve as a missionary priest. Father Adolf served in the Diocese of Kisii between 1969 and 2000 and on the Pentecost Sunday of 2001, he was appointed to serve in the Diocese of Malindi.

"Twenty years later, on Pentecost Sunday 2021, he celebrated his farewell Mass at Witu-Kipini Parish in the Central Deanery of Malindi Diocese."

Many Kenyans attested to the priest's humility in his decades of service.

During his service in Kisii, he used an old Toyota pick-up truck while in Malindi, he moved around in a motorbike.

He is said to have had no interest in accumulating material possessions and it was little wonder he moved back to his home country with just two bags.https://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3083489 lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by hisgrace090: 7:14pm On May 26, 2021
A good selfless fellow.
Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 26, 2021
felixzo1:

According to a statement by the Catholic Justice and Peace Commission, Malindi, the octogenarian who will turn 81 in the coming week has been serving as a missionary priest in Kenya since 1968.

The statement indicated: "Today May 25, 2021, the missionary priest, who will celebrate his 81st birthday next week (3rd June), packed all his personal belongings acquired during his more than five decades of priestly ministry in Kenya, fitting in just two small bags, and started his journey back home in Italy for retirement."

He was ordained as a priest in 1966 in Northern Italy, and he came to Kenya in December 1968 to serve as a missionary priest. Father Adolf served in the Diocese of Kisii between 1969 and 2000 and on the Pentecost Sunday of 2001, he was appointed to serve in the Diocese of Malindi.
Wow, 53 years of service to The Catholic church Incorporated, a business organization built by men of this world for the Kingdoms of men. undecided

I hope this man can finally make time to actually serve God and God only. Hopefully, he is able to make it. undecided
Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 26, 2021
There is definitely more to this story for sure... He probably took some sort of vow.

I believe this particular priest belongs to one of those austere religious orders within the Catholic Church.

In most of these Catholic religious orders, you are often required to take a vow of poverty before you can be ordained a priest.

Two of my childhood friends actually entered one of such religious orders right after we left secondary school. I am pretty sure that they have already taken their vows.

1 Like

Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by temitope27(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2021
For naija eh
Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wow, 53 years of service to The Catholic church Incorporated, a business organization built by men of this world for the Kingdoms of men. undecided

I hope this man can finally make time to actually serve God and God only. Hopefully, he is able to make it. undecided
no be true God them serve. Na the god of trinity tradition. He served
Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On May 26, 2021
Vickyvice:
no be true God them serve. Na the god of trinity tradition. He served
Huh? Anyone of you who believes that serving God means serving under other men is mistaken in believing He serves God. It does not matter whether you subscribe to the Trinity doctrine or not. You cannot have man as master over you and then be said to serve God at the same time... it is impossible and this according to Jesus Christ. undecided

This Man's master for 53 years was not God but instead the Catholic church. Now, my hope is that he knows never to bow down before no man but God from the point on as that is the only way by which to serve God. undecided

1 Like

Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by felixzo1(m): 8:03pm On May 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Huh? Anyone of you who believes that serving God means serving under other men is mistaken in believing He serves God. It does not matter whether you subscribe to the Trinity doctrine or not. You cannot have man as master over you and then be said to serve God at the same time... it is impossible and this according to Jesus Christ. undecided

This Man's master for 53 years was not God but instead the Catholic church. Now, my hope is that he knows never to bow down before no man but God from the point on as that is the only way by which to serve God. undecided

who made you judge over men.ITK
Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On May 26, 2021
felixzo1:
who made you judge over men.ITK
I didn't judge the man, I simply judged his work/fruit by the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the one we are meant to have as our only Master, Head, Teacher, Shepherd, Ruler/Rabbi, Father and Law over our very existence. undecided
Re: 80 Year Old Priest Retires With Only 2bags After 53 Years Of Service by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:59am On May 27, 2021
He surely served wholesoul and God will surely reward him if......

(1) (Reply)

Reincarnation : TB Joshua Daughter Gave Birth / Old Video Of Late Developer Femi Osibona Preaching About Wizards In Church / Consciousness Is Simple Not Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.