Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (40280 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by CaptainZubi: 10:36pm On May 26, 2021
I have my ticket already. Flight slated for next week. I decided to check out the domestic airport today and see things ahead of time but everything was so confusing . I tried asking one man i met at the departure entrance and he just dey squeez face like person wey never chop. I went back home empty handed. Everything is just confusing. Entering ezenwata , God is good or chisco no get wahala reach this .

I'll be travelling to Kano, when I enter the departure door, where should I go, what should I do. Abeg help my life, I'm just confused. Just describe the whole process for me. Also when I get to my destination what next.

Also in my ticket, I can see cabin book class YW. What does it mean.

pls help.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by BabbanBura(m): 10:40pm On May 26, 2021
CaptainZubi:
I have my ticket already. Flight slated for next week. I decided to check out the domestic airport today and see things ahead of time but everything was so confusing . I tried asking one man i met at the departure entrance and he just dey squeez face like person wey never chop. I went back home empty handed. Everything is just confusing. Entering ezenwata , God is good or chisco no get wahala reach this .

I'll be travelling to Kano, when I enter the departure door, where should I go, what should I do. Abeg help my life, I'm just confused. Just describe the whole process for me. Also when I get to my destination what next.

Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique pls help.

Mention me if you got no help on this by tomorrow evening.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Earlystar698(m): 10:42pm On May 26, 2021
Me too I want to know the procedures because I've not been to airport before let alone plane but I know my hustle will pay

242 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by sholikay(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2021
Me too go like learn, should incase I get opportunity to travel by air for the first time...abi shey op go lap me?. smiley

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by FarahAideed: 10:45pm On May 26, 2021
First of all what kind of captain are U?

Military , pilot cheesy or soccer captain

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by chatinent: 11:09pm On May 26, 2021
Funnily enough, while on board, when you start behaving like you know what you are doing, everyone will start knowing you are a novice.

It's magical.

333 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by delpee(f): 11:25pm On May 26, 2021
CaptainZubi:

The airport officials and crew of the airline are always there to guide you.

However, once you check in at the appropriate counter for your airline of choice, go to the departure lounge. You'll pass your hand luggage through a scanning machine. Don't get carried away by ambience of the lounge ( depending on the airport). Listen attentively to the announcements so that you know when your plane arrives or it's time to board.

Proceed to the designated tarmac (ask the officials at the exit door) once the plane is ready for boarding.
Don't go and enter Maiduguri plane instead of Kano. grin

You'll join a queue by the plane for your ticket to be checked before you climb the steps to enter the plane. Once you get in, the hostess will show you your seat if you're not sure. It will be nice if you get to seat by the window so you can enjoy the view. The hostess will show you how to fasten your seat belt. Hopefully, you'll be served some snacks and juice/water later.

When you get tò Kano, just follow others as they proceed to the arrival lounge where you'll collect your checked in luggage if any. You go out of the airport from there to get a cab. Though more expensive, you're safer with registered cabs in a town that you're not familiar with.

Have a safe flight and enjoyable stay in Kano.

Tell us your experience after.

710 Likes 50 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Sunofgod(m): 11:29pm On May 26, 2021
Do as others do;....

14 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Chloraseptic: 11:48pm On May 26, 2021
I will smoke weed the day I'm flying out of Nigeria so I don't disgrace myself at the airport..

The confidence and flamboyancy on my movement would even make fellow travelers ask for help from me..

I will celebrate that day here on Nairaland

206 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by CilicMarin: 11:48pm On May 26, 2021
CaptainZubi:

You will be surprised that it would be easier for you to navigate your way through the airport than Good is Good motors, Ezenwata Motor Parks etc..

However these are the steps;

Make sure you arrive the airport 1 hour before departure time(Since you are flying for the first time) . Once you get to the airport departure hall, check for the booked airline stand, because you are going to be seeing: Max air, Air Peace , Dana Air cubicles inside the hall...you can also ask anybody on reflective jacket(officials) to direct you to your airline stand...

When you get there, join others on the queue for checking in..make sure, you have your ID card and booking number handy..Once checked in, you would be handed a boarding pass to enable you board your plane....and if you carry a heavy luggage, they would be also checked in...don't worry about where they are taking your bags to..be rest assured, you would see them in Kano upon arrival...

When you are done with the above, ask them to direct you to the boarding hall, where you are going to wait for announcement of your airline...listen attentively whenever any announcement is made and check your ticket if your airline is being called; You would be hearing something like: Max Air 777 Lagos to Kano boarding at exit G etc..

Now, I assume you have entered inside the plane...show any of the cabin crew members your boarding pass, he/she will direct you to your booked seat...Then wait for further announcements by the air crew including the pilot...Don't look down if you have phobia for height grin grin..and don't panic, when the plane encounters air turbulence or they would find out say you be JJC... grin Just look for newspaper and be acting as if you ve been flying all your life.. grin

On arrival in Kano, just follow fellow passengers to where you can retrieve your baggage...then hail a taxi to your hotel or destination...

Safe journey!

501 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by onomeabuja: 12:01am On May 27, 2021
CaptainZubi:

As far u no follow chop d country money, God almighty go guide u all truh ur journey & in all ur activities amen bt if u follow chop d money wen meant for d poor people of this country, u better trek to kano ooooo because na wetin go save u be that

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Babzcom: 12:01am On May 27, 2021
Make sure you go to the airport on time, one or two hours before your departure.

The time is in 24 hours clock o. Make sure you don't do that mistake. I've seen someone missed a flight because of this.

Go to the departure area .

Locate the counter of the airline you booked

You might see two counters of the same airline, cause another flight might be going to Abj. Ask the people on the queue.

Normally they usually indicate it on the counter, but due to the long queue you might not see the information.

After that, Show them the ticket sent to your email from your phone.

If you have luggage, you will be directed to where to weigh it. Ur luggage no. Will be sealed to your ticket.

Also you can go in with your hand luggage that is less than 7kg .

After security check , you have just check in automatically.

Chill at the lounge till you hear announcement. You won't hear it clearly, just make sure you put an eye on someone you see on the queue. Dey use eye mark am... from there everything is easy. Enjoy your flight.

The flight attendant will demonstrate everything to you when you're inside the plane before take off...

For MAKIA e dey easy to locate your luggage for Arrival.

Is this your first time visiting kano?

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by leofab(f): 12:27am On May 27, 2021
Funny
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Vickym1(f): 12:37am On May 27, 2021
Dnt be scared oo when the flight is taking off cheesy

5 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Coldsperm: 12:42am On May 27, 2021
Don't they have Conductor at the airport you went to. There is what is airplane Conductor. Just as we have in our Motor parks. He is the one to know where you are going and where to alight. Go back tomorrow and ask of him ok. He will guide you on how to go about it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by ScamHunter: 2:34am On May 27, 2021
CaptainZubi:

I understand your predicament. The first time is always confusing. Be sure that you're at the airport early and have your ticket confirmed. Do not be shy, ask those at the counter the procedure for confirmation and boarding if there are no passengers willing to guide you. At the Departure, go straight to the counters and ask for assistance from the people there. This is why you should be there early enough. Your ticked must be confirmed for boarding. Ask them the procedure for confirmation and checking in of luggage.
Another important tip I use when I travel is finding out if airport taxi is absolutely essential as in isolated airports like Kaduna or if I just walk off the airport and get normal taxi as in MM2. Do that and save yourself some money.

10 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 5:16am On May 27, 2021
Just use Benin Airways...

Their procedure is simple. I think you only need a broom as far as you know your destination

14 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16am On May 27, 2021
Let us help with some tips,
Mostly for international flights though
Cos onOhio, we see you flying to obodo oyibo,
Arrive in good time.
Learn the different types of baggage and the rules. Weigh your baggage at home.
Make your baggage easily identifiable.
Keep checking your itinerary and flight status. Remember all travel documents & passport.
Check the airline's luggage requirements.
Pack essentials in your carry-on.
Arrive at the airport two hours early.
Keep your ID handy.
Wear easy-to-remove shoes.
Respect other passengers' space.
Have a backup plan ready.

From all of us @[b][/b] : Have a safe trip

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by InaNla(f): 5:18am On May 27, 2021
Congratulations on your achievement.

The insecurity across the land necessitate flying in the air. Safe trip!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by InaNla(f): 5:20am On May 27, 2021
Odin2:
Just use Benin Airways...

Their procedure is simple. I think you only need a broom as far as you know your destination

14 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Cj4charles(m): 5:21am On May 27, 2021
grin
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:21am On May 27, 2021
Avoid the temptation of trying to count the number of houses from the sky grin grin grin

On lighter mood just be calm and relaxed!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by GboyegaD(m): 5:21am On May 27, 2021
Just follow instructions and you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by LightUpWithKemi: 5:22am On May 27, 2021
delpee:

The airport officials and crew of the airline are always there to guide you.

However, once you check in at the appropriate counter for your airline of choice, go to the departure lounge. You'll pass your hand luggage through a scanning machine. Don't get carried away by ambience of the lounge ( depending on the airport). Listen attentively to the announcements so that you know when your plane arrives or it's time to board.

Proceed to the designated tarmac (ask the officials at the exit door) once the plane is ready for boarding.
Don't go and enter Maiduguri plane instead of Kano. grin

You'll join a queue by the plane for your ticket to be checked before you climb the steps to enter the plane. Once you get in, the hostess will show you your seat if you're not sure. It will be nice if you get to seat by the window so you can enjoy the view. The hostess will show you how to fasten your seat belt. Hopefully, you'll be served some snacks and juice/water later.

When you get tò Kano, just follow others as they proceed to the arrival lounge where you'll collect your checked in luggage if any. You go out of the airport from there to get a cab. Though more expensive, you're safer with registered cabs in a town that you're not familiar with.

Have a safe flight and enjoyable stay in Kano.

Tell us your experience after.

God bless you for sharing this invaluable info. An angel in human form.

11 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 5:22am On May 27, 2021
CaptainZubi:

pls help.
oga good morning. For the departure hall there. There is a help desk go straight to them they will help you. Or better still which airline are you flying with?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Bridgerton(m): 5:27am On May 27, 2021
Dont loose composure

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Mindlog: 5:28am On May 27, 2021
Once you enter the departure hall, don't feel shy to ask for directions or how to go about things.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by opalu: 5:28am On May 27, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Cokahot: 5:28am On May 27, 2021
Las las I ho fly enter Europe soon. I go smoke enuf. No need to dress like a president. My armless and my 212 pef is enough to but me a charisma yeah. Na to just ask .but airport no whr to sidon o.
Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by Racoon(m): 5:28am On May 27, 2021
Go to the airline you booked with.They will be the best to give direction.It is always like that.I remember my first flight from Abuja. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do by david22uu(m): 5:29am On May 27, 2021
Chloraseptic:
I will smoke weed the day I'm flying out of Nigeria so I don't disgrace myself at the airport..

The confidence and flamboyancy on my movement would even make fellow travelers ask for help from me..

I will celebrate that day here on Nairaland

na from airport they will just deport you.. drugs

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic Gridlock In Maitama, Abuja Because Of APC Primaries (Photos) / The Funeral Photos Of 7 Female Wedding Guests Who Died In Accident In Delta / Woman Knocked Down & Crushed To Death While Crossing An Expressway. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.