Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Joy Rents The Air As Kolade Alabi Makes Historic Declaration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joy Rents The Air As Kolade Alabi Makes Historic Declaration (432 Views)

Gov. Masari, Alhaji Nasir Ado Bayero Bar Kolade Alabi Emerge MOP Patrons / Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS / Shouts Of "Bama Yi" "Sai Baba" Rent The Air, As Atiku Droves By In Katsina (vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joy Rents The Air As Kolade Alabi Makes Historic Declaration by ToriTori247: 10:41pm On May 26, 2021
Somolu - Bariga Local Councils of Lagos State was agog yesterday as it played host to the apex leaders of the constituents including party stakeholders, mammoth supporters, Artisans, Traditional Chiefs, Religious leaders, other dignitaries with common agenda to pledge their unflinching loyalty to the eventful flag-off of Campaign preparatory to the July Council election in the state.

They gathered to witness a historic declaration by Hon Kolade Alabi.

The declarant, the incumbent chairman of Bariga local council earlier in the day announced his intention to run for a second term as chairman of the council.

The Chairman made the declaration at a gathering of All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders and members yesterday in Ladi Lak primary school, Bariga.

In his opening remark, the Director General of the Kolade Alabi Campaign Committee (KACCO), Hon Adedoyin Banjo thanked the supporters who according him were very happy to identify with the Chairman's geninue intension.

Earlier, the former Chairman of Bariga Local Council, Hon Omoyele Oris, Hon Wole Diya (
former member house of representatives), Apostle Peter Oyewusi (Somolu Baiga Apex leader), and Bariga Local Council APC Chairman, Hon. Akin Mejolagbe took turn to spoke on how the Bariga Council zeroed-in on a consensus candidate in the person of Alabi to fly the APC Flag ahead of the election.

They stated that the visible transformation so far in Bariga needs to be sustained and as such the person of Alabi is needed for greater delivery of service, job creation, empowerment, infrastructures and other people oriented projects.

Responding, the standard bearer and the Executive Council Chairman, Hon. Alabi remarked that Bariga Council has remained steadily prosperous because of the consistent synergy existing with the constituents.

He emphasized that positive outlook of its residents has continued to pay off and has motivated him and his Councellors embark on more services to the people.

In his words “In the last four years, I have fulfilled my promises to you to make Bariga work for all,” he said.

“With your support, we have made Bariga a better place and changed the face of he community.

“I did not do it alone; we did it together, because you believed, and you supported me all through the journey, and I can assure you I wont take your support for granted", he said.

“Bariga has remained steadily prosperous because of your positive outlook. I urge you to always stay positive in your personal and communal lives and continue to aspire to great things.

“In these four years as your chairman, I have seen visible proof that we can achieve unbelievable things when we all come together and belief in our dreams.

“We achieved because you believed. But there is still a lot more to be done. But I am not daunted. I am not tired. And I am sure you feel the same way because we all envision a better Bariga, a Bariga of our dreams.

“So, I humbly call you again, to give me your support as I seek to continue with your mandate to steer the affairs of Bariga. I ask you to believe again and together, let’s achieve more.”

It will be recalled that the Council Chairman had since picked up his expression of interest and nomination form at the state secretariat of the party in Acme earlier in the month.

He thanked party members and supporters for the confidence reposed in him and for giving him the platform to contribute to the growth and development of the Bariga, he also used the opportunity to remind them that his administration will consolidate on the gains recorded so fàr to make the second term, one with steady development.

The event was witnessed by Somolu Bariga Apex leaders such as Apostle Peter Oyewusi, Alhaji Bakare, Pa Oshikoya, Pa Olowolagba, Hon Sulaimon Oris, Hon Wole Diya, Otunba Dengel Anifowoshe, Hon Willy Lawanson, Alhaja Nike Mustafa, Alhaji Adeyanju , Hon Sesan Olanrewaju, Hon Johnson Ajiboye, Hon Modiu Olatilewa and other party leaders.

Also present were Hon Adeola Kuponiyi (Vice chairman), Hon Bukola Adedeji (SLG). Bariga legislators, Executive members, Management staff, NULGE Excos and staff Artisans, CDA/CDC members, market men/women, Town Union's, trade unions, Religious leaders, Traditional chiefs, NURTW members, party members, media organization and the general public.

1 Share

Re: Joy Rents The Air As Kolade Alabi Makes Historic Declaration by temitope27(m): 12:52am On May 27, 2021
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Constitution Review: Ohaneze Storm Abia/Imo Center, Insist on Restructuring / IPOB Warns Both Biafrans And Non Biafrans In The East Of DSS Assassination Squad / Ayade Sacks 9 Commissioners, Aides For Refusing To Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.