Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned (455 Views)

Buhari Appoints Oluwatoyin Sakirat Modei As Accountant General Of The Federation / Falana Criticizes FG, Says Ibori Loot Belongs To Delta / Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by anyilalaz: 7:54am On May 27, 2021
Twenty-four hours after he said the loot of ex-Governor James Ibori has been returned to Delta State, Ahmed Idris, the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF), says the claim is not true.

When he appeared before the House of Representatives ad-hoc committee investigating the status of all recovered loots, movable and immovable assets from 2002 to 2020, on Tuesday, Idris said the money had been returned to Delta.

But in a statement on Wednesday, Henshaw Ogubike, Director (Information, Press and Public Relations), Office of the AGF, claimed Idris only suggested that stolen funds would be returned to states where they were illegally taken from.

He added that the money was not yet in the Federal Government coffers, contradicting Abubakar Malami, Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), who had earlier said Nigeria had received the money.

Umar Gwandu had claimed that the "naira equivalent value" of the total £4,214,017.66 was credited into the designated Federal Government account" since May 10.

But the statement from the Accountant-General's office said the money is being awaited.

The statement read, "The Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF) wishes to put the records straight regarding the widely circulated media report on the £4.2m Ibori Loot.

"The issue of the £4.2m Ibori Loot has not been adequately resolved. The money is still being awaited, after which the issues around it will be resolved before further action is taken. For now, no money has been returned to Delta State.

"This explanation is without prejudice to the proceedings at the public hearing that took place yesterday, during which the AGF was only making general comments about recoveries relating to state governments. This is the true position as regards the £4.2m Ibori Loot," the statement read.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/27/confusion-accountant-general-makes-u-turn-says-iboris-loot-not-yet-returned-delta-state

Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:56am On May 27, 2021
This present administration needs a comedy channel on DSTV. They will sure generate more money from the channel than from crude oil. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Lalami3232(m): 8:02am On May 27, 2021
Na wa!!! These people just dey use the entire con3 dey play ping pong game. Who get money to travel out should do so now oooo, I don talk my own finish. If u look this con3 eeh, no hope in sight atall atall. The next leader is always worse than the previous ones. Na we dey religious pass and na our con3 na cast pass in all ramification.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "The day I go born girl pikin, I go cry like say dem force me to vote for 2023".
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Dduceso: 8:07am On May 27, 2021
I'm even feeling for myself as a Nigerian
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Golden057(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2021
Naija my corn tree grin

Some say we will separate,This one be like enternity.

Others say we should wait for 2023, by then the con3 go don empty. At that time, we will start blaming and cursing the southern president (if north permit)that will be there.

Nigerians - slaves that love their chain .....Red Washington
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Mysticwebb: 8:10am On May 27, 2021
The money don disappear be that. It has been shared appropriately among the thieves in Aso Rock.
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by yanabasee1(m): 8:17am On May 27, 2021
Very confused set of leaders....
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Millimann: 8:22am On May 27, 2021
They don use the money play Naijabet.
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Nobody: 8:51am On May 27, 2021
Millimann:
They don use the money play Naijabet.

Lol. Away to score in 2nd Half
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by clarocuzioo(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2021
okoo
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by sapientia(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2021
Audio money to
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Prosperous111(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2021
End of discussion grin

The money don go grin
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Fasindo: 11:04am On May 27, 2021
shocked

Which one are we to believe??

Maybe the money has been returned to Nigeria but it's in Malami a account and not FG account.
But in anyway u look at it they are all correct.

Malami should please cut soap for me
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by seunmsg(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2021
Ahmed Idris is an incompetent fool. It’s such a shame people like him are ones managing the resources of this country. He should be fired for this silly gaffe.
Re: Confusion As Accountant General Makes U-turn, Says Ibori's Loot Not Yet Returned by Joel3(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2021
The corruption in this government is the worst of all government. The NNPC, Police,Custom, military and every ministry are so corrupt and it's the simple reason the country is bleeding at the moment.

in 2014 Nigeria’s daily consumption of petrol is estimated at bugos 35million litres which many consider a lie at the time

But today

Nigeria’s daily petrol consumption hits record high of 93m litres and yet no body is saying anything.

Father of all lies and the biggest fraud of all time. The EFCC is chasing Internet guys up and down when are they going to investigate this obvious fraud that is very clear to us all?

Nigeria’s daily consumption of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) popularly called petrol was at an unsustainable level at 93 million litres a day in April 2021 from an average of 61 million litres consumed in the previous months. This translates to a daily spend of N7.10 billion on subsidy

(1) (Reply)

Don't Kill Innocent Nigerians In The Guise Of Insecurity, Bishop Onuoha Warns / 90% Of All Those Paraded Dead Or Alive As ESN, Are Innocent - INTERSOCIETY / SERAP Sues FG, Lai Muhammed Over Directive To Broadcasters To Stop Using Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.