Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:26 AM

[Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland (1104 Views)

Xclusive Whatsapp TV With Phone Number 08160696107 Is A Big Scammer. / [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's a Big Scammer On Nairaland / How A Chinese Businesman Identified A Nigerian Scammer On Facebook Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 9:19am On May 27, 2021
Good day dear Nairalander

I want to report this scammer for you to beware of him. Please don't fall victim of this fraudster.

This is the details that he used to scam me:

Name: Emmanuel Okeke

Account No: 2007481141

Bank Name: Kuda microfinance bank

Nairaland Username: Otokx

Phone number: 08021859219

This is how the story goes:

I'm a Airtime to cash vendor that help people convert airtime to cash and I do post it here on Nairaland. This guy message me on my WhatsApp that he wanted to convert Airtime to cash in which I gave him my number to send the Airtime and receive payment after. But he insisted that i have to make payment first or we should use Nairaland Escrow before I get Airtime, he said he have been scammed before for sending Airtime first to someone. He said his Nairaland username is Otokx and he's one of old users on Nairaland. I checked the username and I see that the name is one of active member on Nairaland. But still, that doesn't freak me. We drag the matter for like an hour or more which I didn't agreed to send money first. But I later fell for his trick when he later mentioned one of Airtime to cash vendor on Nairaland that he use to sell Airtime to that person. I have the vendor he mentioned on my contact list which we've done some successful transaction together. I chatted the person up to ask about the guy and the vendor confirmed it that they've transacted successfully before, that's how the guy got me. But still, before I agreed to send money i told him to send his valid ID card that tally with his bank account details and he agreed. I made payment of #16,000 from my Palmpay wallet successfully to his Kuda account. It remain to send Airtime but he refused. He started giving different excuses for like 3days that he haven't received the money due to network issues on Kuda bank. He later said he have called Kuda customer service and they told him that I'll get reversal of the money back to my Palmplay wallet. But for like 5days now, i get nothing back and he have stop replying my messages. I later searched for his phone number on Nairaland and I discovered that he have been in this fraudulent act for long by scamming people on different business purposes. He was using different username, phone number, and account details to scam people.

The worse part is that the vendor later told me that the guy also scammed her probably on that same day or second day to mine.

Some people are just wicked that they don't care to be hurting others for them and there family to live fine. Though we've been trying maybe we can catch him with the tracking number on the National ID card he dropped to me. But I have to share this to others before the guy reach your side. So that you won't fall victim to his tricks....THANKS

Regards.

1 Like

Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 9:22am On May 27, 2021
Beware of him o

Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 9:24am On May 27, 2021
He have been doing this for long by using different tricks and username to scam people

Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Goldbw122(m): 9:28am On May 27, 2021
Na wa
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Michelle55: 9:31am On May 27, 2021
This guys are making it impossible to transact business with others online, how do we know the genuine ones now?

Don't worry, karma will catch up with him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Easternmind(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2021
Thank you very much sir,I'll beware...
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:35am On May 27, 2021
Royalfreshness:
Good day dear Nairalander

I want to report this scammer for you to beware of him. Please don't fall victim of this fraudster.

This is the details that he used to scam me:

Name: Emmanuel Okeke

Account No: 2007481141

Bank Name: Kuda microfinance bank

Nairaland Username: Otokx

Phone number: 08021859219

This is how the story goes:

I'm a Airtime to cash vendor that help people convert airtime to cash and I do post it here on Nairaland. This guy message me on my WhatsApp that he wanted to convert Airtime to cash in which I gave him my number to send the Airtime and receive payment after. But he insisted that i have to make payment first or we should use Nairaland Escrow before I get Airtime, he said he have been scammed before for sending Airtime first to someone. He said his Nairaland username is Otokx and he's one of old users on Nairaland. I checked the username and I see that the name is one of active member on Nairaland. But still, that doesn't freak me. We drag the matter for like an hour or more which I didn't agreed to send money first. But I later fell for his trick when he later mentioned one of Airtime to cash vendor on Nairaland that he use to sell Airtime to that person. I have the vendor he mentioned on my contact list which we've done some successful transaction together. I chatted the person up to ask about the guy and the vendor confirmed it that they've transacted successfully before, that's how the guy got me. But still, before I agreed to send money i told him to send his valid ID card that tally with his bank account details and he agreed. I made payment of #16,000 from my Palmpay wallet successfully to his Kuda account. It remain to send Airtime but he refused. He started giving different excuses for like 3days that he haven't received the money due to network issues on Kuda bank. He later said he have called Kuda customer service and they told him that I'll get reversal of the money back to my Palmplay wallet. But for like 5days now, i get nothing back and he have stop replying my messages. I later searched for his phone number on Nairaland and I discovered that he have been in this fraudulent act for long by scamming people on different business purposes. He was using different username, phone number, and account details to scam people.

The worse part is that the vendor later told me that the guy also scammed her probably on that same day or second day to mine.

Some people are just wicked that they don't care to be hurting others for them and there family to live fine. Though we've been trying maybe we can catch him with the tracking number on the National ID card he dropped to me. But I have to share this to others before the guy reach your side. So that you won't fall victim to his tricks....THANKS

Regards.
Whenever a NL receives a job invite he is suspicious of he will create a thread to ask for the genuineness of the company before he attends the invite.But you victims of scammers will first fall into the hands of a fraudster before you will be looking for assistance on how to track the criminal down.It is probably you have been discussing for weeks before you carryout the transaction.Sort yourself out.
Cc Mynd44
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 9:42am On May 27, 2021
We still have legit people here. I have transacted with many here. But it's hard to find. Also, we can't have large people here like this and be expecting everybody must trustworthy. That's why person must be careful of who to choose here to transact with. People are not worry about consequences anymore, they're ready to reap your hard earned money. If person can still scam you after dropping his valid National ID card that show his NIN and tracking number. It means some don't care what later happened
Michelle55:
This guys are making it impossible to transact business with others online, how do we know the genuine ones now?

Don't worry, karma will catch up with him!
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2021
Bro i didn't ask anybody to help me track or catch a scammer here. I just posted this to save others to beware not to fall victim of the guy
Joysticks:
Whenever a NL receives a job invite he is suspicious of he will create a thread to ask for the genuineness of the company before he attends the invite.But you victims of scammers will first fall into the hands of a fraudster before you will be looking for assistance on how to track the criminal down.It is probably you have been discussing for weeks before you carryout the transaction.Sort yourself out.
Cc Mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by helinues: 9:52am On May 27, 2021
So many low lifers on NL
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Cutie09(m): 10:26am On May 27, 2021
WTF! NL is turning into scam forum now. Welk some people are horrible these same people will be in position of power tomorrow and you expect that country to be any better? 16k gone like that and you wonder why Nigerian can't trust Nigerians anymore... b
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Stormyharper(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2021
[quote author=Royalfreshness post=102105357]Good day dear Nairalander

It is well that country is fvck up. Inbox me bro if you don't mind
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by nairalander2020(m): 4:47pm On May 27, 2021
I have recharge card for sale .

Not a scam
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by stupidmod3: 6:54am On May 28, 2021
grin sell ur recharge card, i don tell u d scope, meet physically if possible, anything to do with online meet physically, simple
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2021
My brother
Nigeria is getting worse day by day. May God save us
Cutie09:
WTF! NL is turning into scam forum now. Welk some people are horrible these same people will be in position of power tomorrow and you expect that country to be any better? 16k gone like that and you wonder why Nigerian can't trust Nigerians anymore... b
Re: [Scam Alert] Beware Of This Guy Please. He's A Big Scammer On Nairaland by Royalfreshness(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2021
Lol
If you could be lucky to find legit person to trade with online, it's even more safer now than meeting in physical this days that kidnappers are almost everywhere. Well that's my own thought...May God continue to protect us
stupidmod3:
grin sell ur recharge card, i don tell u d scope, meet physically if possible, anything to do with online meet physically, simple

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Intercepted Truck Loaded With Dangerous Weapons (Photo / Man Arraigned For Touching A Woman’s Buttocks / Give Me Money: Viral Video Of Dutch Woman That Sacked 2 Police Constables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.