Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo (1419 Views)

Alaigbo: Development Fantasy, Case Studies & Comparisons / A State Of Alaigbo (Igboland) [Map] / Give Up The Illusion Of Biafra And Embrace The Reality Of Alaigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by zstranger: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2011
Musician wins Anambra assembly seat

Emmanuel Obe, Awka

A popular musician and actor, Tony Muonagor, popularly known as Tony One Week, has won the House of Assembly election for Idemili North constituency in Anambra State.

Muonagor, who contested on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria, was the only candidate of the party declared winner in the election which held on Tuesday.

Results from six other constituencies were declared inconclusive. They were results from Idemili South, Aguata I, Onitsha South I, Awka South I, Nnewi South II and Ogbaru II.

No date has been announced for the rerun in areas where elections were inconclusive.

Meanwhile, the ACN House of Assembly candidate for Awka South II, Mr. Kenechukwu Chukwuemeka, has asked the Independent National Electoral Commission to declare the result of the constituency.

Chukwuemeka said that since the suspension of the announcement of the result was predicated on a petition written by the candidate of the Congress for Democratic Change, it was imperative that the result be declared now that the CDC candidate had withdrawn her petition
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by zstranger: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2011
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by Afam4eva(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2011
I'm really happy for Tony one week. He must have used his music to cajole them into voting for him.

@ OP

It's not about ACN or APGA, rather it's about the individuals involved. I think Nigeria is changing into a country where people vote in personalities and not parties.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by oderemo(m): 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2011
Y dont they come out as independent candidate then since party dont matter''?
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by Afam4eva(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2011
ode remo:

Y dont they come out as independent candidate then since party dont matter''?

Who says the parties don't matter. I'm just saying it's more about the individual and not the party. Why do you think Ngige and Tony one week have in common. They're both popular in their various communities. Why didn't ACN win with the myriad of unpopular candidates they fielded in other areas.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by Chyz2: 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2011
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by seanet02: 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm really happy for Tony one week. He must have used his music to cajole them into voting for him.

@ OP

It's not about ACN or APGA, rather it's about the individuals involved. I think Nigeria is changing into a country where people vote in personalities and not parties.

Trust Yorubas they will never vote for any Party again except ACN, seems they realized the Party is working in Edo, Lagos, Osun and Ekiti and Rooted out the PDP in the South west.
In south west we are Voting for Party at least in Gubernatorial polls.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by seanet02: 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Ojuyobo 2

Olodo Akuri Emeka Ojukwu

grin grin grin
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by violent(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2011
just watching that you tube video makes me think WTF does this dude bring to the table when quality of governance is being measured?
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by Dede1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2011
seanet02:

Olodo Akuri Emeka Ojukwu

grin grin grin

This is hilarious indeed. What happened to AD?
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by EzeUche3(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
What the hell is wrong with you Anambra Igbos?  angry

The pendulum of power in Igboland needs to swing to Eastern Igboland, because you all are allowing a tribalistic party to make inroads into the very heart of Igboland.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by seanet02: 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2011
EzeUche__:

The pendulum of power in Igboland needs to swing to Eastern Igboland, because you all are allowing a tribalistic party to make inroads into the very heart of Igboland. 
Yes Awolowo troops have Just Invaded the Heart of Igboland and In fact the Home of Dim Ojukwu!!
Iboland under Foreign Rule!!
grin grin grin
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by Chyz2: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2011
EzeUche__:

Ezeuche, as long as they are igbo than its really not that big of a deal. Its serves us good to have a hand in every party at this moment. Look at the benefits coming out to Ndigbo on a national bases. We good. cool
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by seanet02: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Ezeuche, as long as they are igbo than its really not that big of a deal. Its serves us good to have a hand in every party at this moment. Look at the benefits coming out to Ndigbo on a national bases. We good. cool
GBAM!!!
Ezeuche only thinks after Talking.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by Chyz2: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2011
seanet02:

GBAM!!!

fck you.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by houvest: 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2011
Please keep voting individuals not parties. All the parties have both good and bad . Let those who want to vote parties continue.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by EzeUche3(m): 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2011
Chyz*:

I hope you are right my brother. undecided
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by cold(m): 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2011
violent:

just watching that you tube video makes me think WTF does this dude bring to the table when quality of governance is being measured?
Never judge a book by its cover
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by ektbear: 2:30am On May 01, 2011
This reminds me of that Azikiwe football quote, heh.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by jackpot(f): 8:54am On May 01, 2011
Nonsense thread title by another tribalistic bigot. Fck them bigots
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by komando77(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2011
@ poster,
Don't forget that Ziks NCNC swept through Yoruba land, befoe Awo begged some people to cross to his party. You delusional.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by obailala(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2011
violent:

grin grin grin

In the words of Patrick Obahiagbon, "the present idiotic leaders masturbating in the corridors of power, WTF do those dudes bring to the table when quality of governance is being measured?

Everyone has a right to contest for any position and we can never judge a mans performance until he's tested
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by RoadStar: 5:04pm On May 04, 2011
EzeUche__:

Anambra has tried PDP and APGA and they were both unfavourable. Do u expect them to try PPA ?
What has the party got to do with the performance of the candidate ?
Their only performer of late is in AC.
Please dont get carried away by this brand of extreme tribal politiking.
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by bashr4: 6:39pm On May 04, 2011
seanet02:

GBAM!!!

seanet02:

Yes Awolowo troops have Just Invaded the Heart of Igboland and In fact the Home of Dim Ojukwu!!
Iboland under Foreign Rule!!
grin grin grin
seanet02:

Olodo Akuri Emeka Ojukwu

grin grin grin

igbo yoruba
PDP vs ACN
APGA vs AD

now compare cause it seems your just waking up
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by zstranger: 6:55pm On May 04, 2011
^^^

So you actually think PDP is an igbo party?

What a m/o/r/o/n?

Anyhoo, your "PDP" party is being controlled from Ota. How do you like "us" now?

We use you for our dirty jobs. M/o/r/o/n
Re: Acn 2 : Apga 0 ; Acn Defeats Apga Again In The Heart Of Alaigbo by bashr4: 8:12pm On May 04, 2011
zstranger:

^^^

So you actually think PDP is an igbo party?

What a m/o/r/o/n?

Anyhoo, your "PDP" party is being controlled from Ota. How do you like "us" now?

We use you for our dirty jobs. M/o/r/o/n

jumping from pillar to post , Who dash monkey banana am sure your baba ota will never forget how we reminded him of who runs PDP when he came up with his 3rd term agenda.OBJ is just a Mercinary used to keep the SW in check.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb Says Nigeria’ll Be Doomed W/o Zoning - More Like Ibb & Pdp Doomed W/o Zoning / Misbehaving Monarch Granted Bail / Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba And The Golden Age Milestone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.