Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP (775 Views)

Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / 'I Won’t Return To APC' – Governor Ortom / I Am No Longer In APC – Governor Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by milann: 2:14pm On May 27, 2021

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom [PHOTO
CREDIT: @benuestategovt]

"Those who organised and those who pulled the
trigger have all been arrested and investigation is
ongoing," he said.

By Nasir Ayitogo

The police have announced the arrest of 10
suspects allegedly involved in the failed attack on
the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom.

The Acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP),
Usman Alkali, announced the arrest on Thursday at
a special briefing of State House correspondents at
the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“Those who organised and those who pulled the
trigger have all been arrested and investigation is
ongoing,” he said.

He said investigations so far show that the outcome is contrary to the claims made by the governor.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how Mr Ortom, in March,
stated that gunmen suspected to be herders
attacked him on his farm near Tyo-mu, along
Makurdi-Gboko Highway of Benue State.

The police chief said the suspects are still being
detained by the police without prosecution because
judiciary staff are on strike.

“We have had them for over a month but the courts
have been closed for over three months, where do I
take them to?” he said.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/464120-armed-men-who-attacked-governor-ortom-have-been-arrested-igp.html
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Bola146(f): 2:16pm On May 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by GOATandYAMtheory: 2:19pm On May 27, 2021
Let's see their faces please..

It may turn out to be that the people arrested are Ortom's people and not herdsmen..

There is a hidden agenda against this country called Nigeria. We have caught many people in the act (of terrorism) we thought were killer herdsmen..but after lifting the veil, we saw that they are actually indigenes...This shows some agents of destruction are behind these killings.

This security problem can only be solved if we give the local governments the power they deserve.

4 Likes

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Otuegbe: 2:20pm On May 27, 2021
I hope so
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by athaboi(f): 2:20pm On May 27, 2021
So where are they?

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by jlinkd78(m): 2:20pm On May 27, 2021
Names please

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Aufbauh(m): 2:22pm On May 27, 2021
I heard that when it is 25th of every month close to salary payment date Gov. Ortom will start shouting'Fulani herdsmen'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by TooMuchStuff: 2:26pm On May 27, 2021
The movie is about to start

Easy to predict.
Christian middlebeltters would be arraigned as the attackers... mostly from APC camp in Benue.

Then conspiracy theory begins

2 Likes

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2021
Aufbauh:
I heard that when it is 25th of every month close to salary payment date Gov. Ortom will start shouting'Fulani herdsmen'.
That was when he was in Apc.Not now, he doesn't owe workers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Aufbauh(m): 2:38pm On May 27, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
That was when he was in Apc.Not now, he doesn't owe workers.

Says his SSA on Salary and pension.
He is still owing some salary arrears and pension. Local govt staff is even worse.

Besides why are you tracking Ortomatic failure with party affiliation as if he has not been crying of Fulani herdsmen even while he's in the APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by FarahAideed: 2:40pm On May 27, 2021
As usual innocent people being Harangued

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Vickym1(f): 2:41pm On May 27, 2021
Story for the amadioha...

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by positivelord: 2:43pm On May 27, 2021
I thought Arewa youths said its a lie...he was never attacked

1 Like

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by ComrdDRS1: 2:50pm On May 27, 2021
they will soon stage some stupid youths now as the attackers. we know all their evil masquerading.

Anything to exonerate foolanis from evil in Nigeria the foolanis Government is okay with it.
but we will not buy it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Jostoman: 3:12pm On May 27, 2021
Story story
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by ebuka440: 3:43pm On May 27, 2021
Pictures and proofs else, I don't believe it
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by IamFINESSE: 3:54pm On May 27, 2021
Pinshure or grin
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by Imsoblessed: 3:56pm On May 27, 2021
If the narrative is different from what the governor said, then the police is playing pranks, and have most definitely arrested the innocent, who are also themselves victims of the Fulani agenda.
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by buckeyemedia: 3:58pm On May 27, 2021
ebuka440:
Pictures and proofs else, I don't believe it
Go and look into a mirror, who you see is the culprit.
Re: Armed Men Who Attacked Governor Ortom Have Been Arrested – IGP by ERockson: 4:01pm On May 27, 2021
Police will definitely arrest Benue people in order to prove the wrong anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings: Lagos Judicial Panel Blasts Igbokwe Over False Claim / Nnamdi Kanu Cleverly Dragging Buhari To World Stage To Expose Him As An Impostor / Place Bounty On Bandits Not Nnamdi Kanu, Northern Groups Slammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.