Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? (10556 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by disney(f): 3:03pm On Feb 09, 2006
Sup fellows,
Just wanted to bring this topic out today, l hear most guys say l can date a lady but when it's time to marry, can't marry her or ladies say he's just there for now but when it's time to marry, can't marry him. So share ur opinions.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by alheri(f): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2006
Sure, why not. Before I got married, I dated, most of them I knew I couldnt marry cause they were muslims. But they were nice guys and I liked them then and Ive learnt from all those relationships. Its no big deal when youre young. Its when you reach a particular age you start the, cant date if he's not a propective husband material thingy.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by layi(m): 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2006
The word Date now has rainbow meaning. But if u mean date as in intimate relationship.

I wouldnt

I know date has now been clasiffied into 2.

Hiajj - sexual relationships in which 1 or both parties is/are aware that its leading nowhere

courtship - where they plan to marry themselves.

Most relationships mid way tend to be more of the Hiajj type.

I obviously can engage in the first. Ladies dont have time on their side so its shere wickedness leading her on.

I can only Date a lady i see a prospect of a lasting union and marital bliss. Sure I dont know the future but i know my feelings and purpose. Thats enough.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by kelvinO(m): 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2006
no one can tell if a date would lead to marriage. you take a plunge and it happens cos love is something you grow. that means you have to plant, most times we do not knowing
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by hotangel2(f): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2006
Yeah, i can date a man i know i will never marry.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by clarissa(f): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2006
no cos i think i'll be waisting my time and if he proposes i'll have to break his heart which i wont like to do smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Scorpio(f): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2006
At my present age? Hell yea! most of d relationships i've had in d past didn't end up in us gettin married, twas just for d fun of it , but not to d point of marriage.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by buzortech(m): 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2006
clarissa:

no because i think i'll be waisting my time and if he proposes i'll have to break his heart which i wont like to do smiley

what makes u think he even has a heart, to now talk of the heart breaking. The guy might just want someone to be by him for the while till he feels its time for him to marry. The guy now goes for his "Dream girl". It also applies to the females.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Seun(m): 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2006
The moment I realise that I can't possibly marry a particular girl, the tendency is for me to draw away from her:
I think most young ladies don't have much to offer along the lines of helping a male friend to achieve his dreams, nor do they have interesting dreams that one can help them to achieve, so once the romance/marriage aspect is ruled out there is nothing else that one can discuss with them!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by hotangel2(f): 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2006
I dont understand you guys.

Im dating you doesn't mean i should be able to marry you, or I will marry you. Maybe it's because of my age though. But seriously...?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by disney(f): 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2006
I think it all depends on the person, some guys like to have someone they call a "keeper" just to avoid being lonely. Most guys don' t have a heart so they dont' care who ends up getting hurt in the process but its kinda sad cos those girls don't take it easy. They end up hurting the innocent bride the guy wants to marry and thats why most guys end up marrying and wife having no child. Its kinda sad.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by icingbaby(f): 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2006
o yeah i already dating someone i know i'm not going to marry one day, there is not big deal with that. people should date as many as they want to date still he or she find the right one. smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by raldsfield(m): 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2006
I don't have time to waste with the wrong chic,

if I know that she is not the one then I will be lying to her if we are still in a relationship,

I have had a lot of relationships and the longest

lasted 4 months. The moment i discover that I can't marry you girl it is over.

I am looking for my wife to date, no need wasting time with the wrong girl,

Imagine if my wife just crossed my path looked my way and says he is engaged

just because am with another chic.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Seun(m): 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2006
Another thing you ladies have to realise is that while dating is a lot of fun for a woman, it is a lot of work for a man. Except for the sex part. So if a man is dating a woman he doesn't intend to marry it will be for sex only. This is a just a hypothesis.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Viktor(m): 12:11am On Feb 10, 2006
Truth be told most of these boys dont know what marriage entails... Maybe they need to seek advice from a more matured mind eg. their folks or somebody much more older...Why in this earth would you leave the one you've been dating for so long to get married to a stranger ? or dont ya know why we court before marriage!!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by IAH(f): 12:19am On Feb 10, 2006
When I'm dating someone, I start dreaming of us getting married! I even play and scribble my name and his surname with different handwritings like Mrs N*** M******. It's exciting! lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by stephen929(m): 12:29am On Feb 10, 2006
yo,
thats so stacked up on u man.
are u kiddin' me?
gadgum it,thats so ill.
want a prescription?
holla at me.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by IAH(f): 12:35am On Feb 10, 2006
What's this one talking about?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Seun(m): 12:43am On Feb 10, 2006
grin :laughing out loud: grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by icingbaby(f): 12:45am On Feb 10, 2006
@iah haha haha cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by mochafella(m): 12:55am On Feb 10, 2006
IAH:

I wonder, steph must be residing in a higher zone wink. Seun, abeg help us find automatic Ebonics to English translator oooo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Sama(f): 2:50am On Feb 10, 2006
umm...yea. everyone always dates n doesnt get married. they are called boyfriends/girlfriends. i dont get this question??
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by hotangel2(f): 3:03am On Feb 10, 2006
IAH:

same thing i said in my mind. Seriously... i used the exact same words. And when i saw wat u said.. i laughed in chinese! Im still laughing in chinese. cheesy cheesy cheesy

IAH:
I even play and scribble my name and his surname with different handwritings like Mrs N*** M******. It's exciting! lipsrsealed

I do that too.. just for the fun of it.. not because i wanna marry the person. it's kinda fun to do that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by tochi(f): 5:03am On Feb 10, 2006
I would like to just date people for the fun of it but what use is dating someone that you cannot picture yourself in the future with. Its kinda like going into a relationship thats doomed to fail! Who does that? Well, i dated this guy for a year but knew from day one that it was just for the "fun of it" but when i ended it, he was so broken physically and mentally that i vowed never to get myself into anything for the fun of it! I will only date people that have the qualities i would like in a husband.......................not saying that i would wanna get married to him......................he just has to have the potential!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by dejiolowe: 7:20am On Feb 10, 2006
it is more interesting dating someone u cant marry. with that, there aint any need to pretend, no unnecessary pressure... and no strings attached. (cream and go)
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by ocho(f): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2006
My answer would be no! In the past i have dated someone who i knew i couldn't possibly get married to, but i've learnt to see things differentlly now so i wouldn't date someone who i do not  have the least desire to get married to eventually. It saves me a lot of trauma,coz that "dating with no strings attached" thing, just dosen't work for me.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2006
Not every r/ship must lead to marriage.
And its not everytime i set my eyes on a date that i should think of marriage.

When i was much younger i dated guys that were party and good time freaks but in my heart of hearts i knew i wld never get married to them.

So i guess i can date someone i know i can never marry cool
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by babymine(f): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2006
What's the point of goin on if there's no plan 4 the future? You'd end up wasting time investing in smthg that wnt bring anythg. smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lavivi(f): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2006
sure i can date someone and not marry him, dating is all about learning, but i can't date him for too long
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Ralex(m): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2006
dejiolowe:

it is more interesting dating someone u can't marry. with that, there aint any need to pretend, no unnecessary pressure... and no strings attached. (cream and go)

Okay deji how intresting? When u get ready to settle down you will now run into " those who are having fun dating those they can't settle down with having no need to pretend and under no unecessary pressure .... with no string attached" and u will understand whay you have put some people through if you look back sincerely

Same goes for you La_viva.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by whocares: 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2006
I thought the whole point of relationships was getting to know your partner and then eventually deciding to marry or not.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2006
Stereotype!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have No Talent Or Job But I Suck D*cks Very Well , Nigerian Lady Post On Twitt / How Our Family Driver Dis-v!rg!ned Me, Turned Me Into Nymphomaniac … (18+) / Bumbum Enlargement Gone Wrong ( Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.