Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? (1635 Views)

I Have Breast Ptosis. Why Are Women With This Condition Shamed? Even When.... / Saggy Boobs: Nigerian Lady Cries Out After Being Body-Shamed Repeatedly (Video) / Symply Tacha "Body Shamed" For Showing Her Stretch Marks (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by CapitalBank: 5:09pm On May 27, 2021
There is an endemic that is largely ignored in Nigerian discourse. It is the ease with which people broke shame others.

Have you ever experienced this and care to share your experience?
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by chatinent: 5:20pm On May 27, 2021
You mean which chapter should will pick a verse to narrate or what?

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 27, 2021
op we request elaboration......signing out
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by marveangel(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2021
Who hasn't?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Efodakeb691: 5:48pm On May 27, 2021
HONESTFACT102:
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Juliusmomoh: 6:22pm On May 27, 2021
A
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by OSDD(m): 6:53pm On May 27, 2021
Na constant issue for me... Na broke I broke, I no poor

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Amos1423(m): 7:11pm On May 27, 2021
I am currently being owed three months salary by a private firm and my employee doesn't seem very bothered, what should I do please? Have been living in my friends place which I am becoming much like a burden, thinking of reporting to the police but I haven't done that before, somebody should please advise cause it's really depressing!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by CapitalBank: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
HONESTFACT102:
As anyone ever tried to mock you for being broke or poor as if you are a subhuman ? I noticed it is a very Nigerian thing.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by pansophist(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2021
If you see my with friends in a bar, you'll think they are the one paying, they'll dress all flashy meanwhile, I'm the casual looking guy that pays the bills. And due to my low key appearance, I've been broke shamed alot. It's a Nigerian thing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by thatsleepboy1: 10:04pm On May 27, 2021
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by paulolee(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2021
na normal tin na...na everyday matter....e even happen this morning..
I follow funmi wey I de plan to date for hood dis morning, as she de Waka come, david wey pick last month horn her stop with him bros camry....
funmi stop n shine teeth enter camry n still get mind text me say she go try come ous when she finish chilling with david..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Offpoint1: 10:42pm On May 27, 2021
Me and Gs dey broke shame ourselves on regular, na wetin dey give us the moral to hustle.

I can't be broke shame by a woman or stranger, cuz dey way I package myself you go think sey I get 30 billion somewhere

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Lilpen3758: 11:15pm On May 27, 2021
OSDD:
Na constant issue for me... Na broke I broke, I no poor
grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by CapitalBank: 3:14pm On May 28, 2021
Offpoint1:
My and Gs dey broke shame ourselves on regular, na wetin dey give us the moral to hustle.

I can't be broke shame by a woman or stranger, cuz dey way I package myself you go think sey I get 30 billion somewhere
I love this man. Nice thought!
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Daggash1995(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2021
Broke shaming na normal thing wey dey happen every day o
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Fedrick100: 4:22pm On May 28, 2021
You can’t broke shame me because I’m contented with what i have, I don’t borrow,Many of my friends don’t believe I’m broke they all thought i have money because of the way i package myself.one thing about me is i don’t boost I’m always myself

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by mespusinglez(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2021
I've never been broke-shamed

Although I'm broke

But People won't believe that am broke even if i tell them sad

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2021
In a country where they worship money, where an average person judges you based on how much you have in your bank account or the brand of vehicle you ride, what do you expect, imagine Alameseghia coming from prison for having stolen Bayelsa State fund, with Jonathan releasing a looter from prison, the party they threw for him, you would think what he did was a heroic act. It's not like there are no broke people in other countries, but the way Nigerians address and bully people of low financial status, you would think they are not human beings at all

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by CapitalBank: 10:54am On May 29, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
In a country where they worship money, where an average person judges you based on how much you have in your bank account or the brand of vehicle you ride, what do you expect, imagine Alameseghia coming from prison for having stolen Bayelsa State fund, with Jonathan releasing a looter from prison, the party they threw for him, you would think what he did was a heroic act. It's not like there are no broke people in other countries, but the way Nigerians address and bully people of low financial status, you would think they are not human beings at all
God bless you... we worship money in Nigeria to the point that using it to stigmatize someone is seen as a normal thing,...
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by bigcee(m): 2:23pm On May 29, 2021
pansophist:
If you see my with friends in a bar, you'll think they are the one paying, they'll dress all flashy meanwhile, I'm the casual looking guy that pays the bills. And due to my low key appearance, I've been broke shamed alot. It's a Nigerian thing.
Is it not better for you guys to share the Bill.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by RENOWNED2(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2021
How person wey no get money go dey broke shame person?
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by I888(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2021
RENOWNED2:
How person wey no get money go dey broke shame person?
lol I am here to tell you it happens. You saw my thread days ago. Na because of you I even delete am. You saw the fracas before that one. meanwhile na just cos i no cough out 370k na hin bring that kind rubbish. So yes, person wey no get fit broke shame you wey get pass am, with so much confidence!
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke-shamed? by CapitalBank: 6:10pm On May 29, 2021
I888:
lol I am here to tell you it happens. You saw my thread days ago. Na because of you I even delete am. You saw the fracas before that one. meanwhile na just cos i no cough out 370k na hin bring that kind rubbish. So yes, person wey no get fit broke shame you wey get pass am, with so much confidence!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Someone Sent Me This, Check Out / Man Ends Wedding Plan Over Fiancée's Refusal To Disclose Who Gave Her Iphone 13 / Who Is Going To Take Care Of The Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.