Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss (18412 Views)

Simone Inzaghi Becomes Inter Milan’s New Head Coach / Thierry Henry Set To Become New Bournemouth Manager / Antonio Conte Set To Be Appointed As New Inter Milan Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by powerfulguy: 9:41pm On May 27, 2021
Lazio released a terse statement confirming Simone Inzaghi ‘changed his mind’ and is heading to Inter.

Lazio released a terse statement confirming Simone Inzaghi ‘changed his mind’ and is heading to Inter.

Inzaghi’s contract with the Aquile is due to expire on June 30 and last night he had seemingly agreed to extend it until June 2024.

However, Inter came back with a new proposal to practically double the wages on offer and lead the Serie A Champions.

It was reported President Claudio Lotito tried and failed to change his mind, even telling Il Messaggero this afternoon that they would announce the new contract later.

Lazio finally accepted they had lost Inzaghi and released a terse statement in which they never even said his name.

“We respect the change of mind of a coach and, before that, of a player who for many years tied his name to the Lazio family and the many Biancocelesti successes.”

Inter are expected to announce Inzaghi as their new coach on a two-year contract worth €4m per season plus €1m in bonuses tomorrow.

Not even mentioning Inzaghi by name is a strong statement after the 45-year-old committed most of his career to Lazio.

He played for the Aquile from 1999 to his retirement in 2010, albeit with some loan spells at Sampdoria and Atalanta, then began coaching in their youth academy in 2010.

Inzaghi took over in the final weeks of the 2015-16 season from Stefano Pioli, had been let go, but had to be recalled in July when Marcelo Bielsa changed his mind about taking the job.

Since then, he has taken Lazio to the Coppa Italia, two editions of the Italian Supercup and their first Champions League qualification in 13 years.
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/lazio-confirm-simone-inzaghis-exit-367446/amp?__twitter_impression=true

We respect the rethinking of a coach and, first of all, of a player who for many years has linked his name to the Lazio family and to the many Biancocelesti successes.
https://www.sslazio.it/it/news/press-release-2/64415-nota-della-societa-9#.YK_iXddJLys.twitter

4 Likes

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by thatsleepboy1: 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
I'm not good at sports esp football. Na only livescores & flashscores me sabi check wella.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
Nice
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Orissodiq: 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
The issue is that inter Chinese owner wan cut the finances and conte believed that what they needed right now is to Reinforce the club after winning the league after around 11 years and be able to compete in for the champions league trophy next season but the club Chinese owner think otherwise. So the only option for conte is to lif as not to spoil market for him and his CV.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by cybertyrant(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
9mobile na bastard, those below me na glo network gan, the first guy na NASA network you dey use, too fast

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Heal10: 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
Good strategic move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by PAWG(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2021
When will Solskjaer be sacked? angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by ELgordo(m): 9:52pm On May 27, 2021
FTC ovoko!
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by tutudesz: 9:52pm On May 27, 2021
Abeg wan Arsenal go sack Ateta undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:52pm On May 27, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Conte dey come Tottenham?

Real Madrid

2 Likes

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by triple996(m): 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
Pls when is or ororo going to leave juve.
Meanwhile damn!!! Izaghi was legendary during his playing days

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Agbebakun22: 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
The way those Italian coaches take dey change mind ehnn is something else

4 Likes

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Tawis06(m): 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
Sarri to Lazio
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Dreambeat: 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
Italian League and recycling coaches are like 5 and 6

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 27, 2021
hmm alright
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2021
Inter have finished themselves. Sadly they are not aware of it

1 Like

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Lamasta(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2021
powerfulguy:

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/lazio-confirm-simone-inzaghis-exit-367446/amp?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.sslazio.it/it/news/press-release-2/64415-nota-della-societa-9#.YK_iXddJLys.twitter
AC Milan legends are gradually taking over seria A management...

From Gattuso to Fiorentina

Pirlo out of Juventus

Filipo Inzaghi too coaches a smaller club like that Benevento if am not mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by youngllleo: 9:54pm On May 27, 2021
conte formation
3-5-2
same wit inzaghi
attacking styles
conte:WIDE/MAINTAIN FORMATION
inzaghi:CENTER/MAINTAIN FORMATION
i jst pray napoli signs a better coach to help osimhen reach his potential.
next season go hot wella sha!
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by 4tomandchi: 9:54pm On May 27, 2021
Can Man U sack a coach already if a championship coach can be sacked how much more a semi- final Ole...

1 Like

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Robisky001(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2021
It's all about the Benjamins. The highest bidder!
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Leemekzy: 9:55pm On May 27, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
I'm not good at sports esp football. Na only livescores & flashscores me sabi check wella.
some one thats in talk with real madrid.
Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by FalseProphet1(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2021
I see him crashing out of the champions league in the group stage, and also from the Europa league as well, I see inter struggling to make it to the fourth position next season. This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by etibaba(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2021
Heavy2o:
Hot striker in his days
He was a decent striker, but hope you aren't mixing the Milan Inzaghi with this? They are two different people (brothers though)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Robisky001(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
sad
This you have seen!

1 Like

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by obembet(f): 9:58pm On May 27, 2021
PAWG:
When will Solskjaer be sacked? angry

I don tired self... I think say na only me dey wait..

1 Like

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by paulolee(m): 10:03pm On May 27, 2021
seria a and recycling coaches eeh...
allegri returns to juve n lazio gets a smaller coach like garcia after inzaghi joins inter..
next season its allegri getting sacked n signed by inter while this inzaghi would move to Juve n garcia ends in ac Milan
the circle continues...

2 Likes

Re: Simone Inzaghi To Become New Inter Boss by Ayobami7(m): 10:08pm On May 27, 2021
Congrats to him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria U-20 Crash Out Of African Youth Championship After Home Defeat To Sudan / AFCON: Governor Fubara Hails Nwabali / Oshoala Marks Her 26th Birthday By Scoring A Brace As Barca Beat Sevilla 6-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.