Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity (37590 Views)

APC: Buhari Chose Adamu Because He's The Best Of The Best - Amaechi / Farouk Yahaya: Buhari, Osinbajo Decorate Army Chief With New Rank / Bashir Salihi Magashi: Nigeria To Beef Up Border To Avoid Chadian Influx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by greatermax77(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2021
May Lord Luguard rest in pieces
Very stupid white man
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Uniquely78: 4:45pm On May 28, 2021
Still available...
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:46pm On May 28, 2021
This is the best response to the enemies of Nigeria I have read online

"Let the truth be told! The National Security Council is neither an arena for ethnic groups nor campaigners, but a serious national security platform for tested and trusted senior Military officers. It is easy to notice the confusion in the camps of these disguised saboteurs. It’s not surprising that none of them is faulting the appointment of Gen. Yahaya based on competence or previously poor service records, but they are rather concerned that he would have been an Igbo, Yoruba or Ijaw Army General. So, they are free to lick their wounds and trumpet louder, the ethnic sentiments against merit and competence."

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Guyman02: 4:49pm On May 28, 2021
tnewsr:
From the look of things, all theatre Commanders of Operation in Borno State against insurgency are potential appointees of this government. Even the CDC, the late COAS, even Gen. Buratai all have ties to the fight against insurgency. [/i]
General Ahanotu the most senior General was the one who personally captured Boko Haram leader Yusuf Mohammed and handed him over to the Police
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by hybridblood07(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2021
I swear! Only Few regulars are well sounded bro. He's not fit to be a Minister of Defense but Buhari appointed him based of ex General forgetting the part he will represent Nigeria aboard.
Mouth Gig:
DIS NA ANOTHER DUMMY OF A GENERAL undecided
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by aidoko1: 4:52pm On May 28, 2021
If not that we so much love to loot money from offices of leadership. What i there in being a head of an army tasked with fighting insurancy? As for me oh, even if it is a Ghanian that will help us out let him be there.
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by hybridblood07(m): 4:53pm On May 28, 2021
Lol. Funny enough, a lot of people don't know it's not just an Infantry regular officer that can be appointed as COAS. The President can pick from Armour, Artillery, Signal,MP, and Intelligence
Badonasty:
Lol...so no infantry general among his seniors abi

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by KnightsTemplar(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2021
So there is no "organic infantry" General in the Army except Yahaya, the rest are inorganic abi?, Despot Nepotistic Human being.
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by uniqueboi1(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2021
Let the fulanis pray and do everything they can so a violent and vindictive southerner doesn't become president of this country.
It's very clear they will be endangered species.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2021
Mtchew.....just a case of one northerner supporting another northerner....
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by tnewsr: 5:07pm On May 28, 2021
Guyman02:

General Ahanotu the most senior General was the one who personally captured Boko Haram leader Yusuf Mohammed and handed him over to the Police

He wasn't an operation commander then
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by biafranrealson: 5:09pm On May 28, 2021
.....lol
but he has been a theater commander in the North East, why do we still have banditry and kidnappings?
this mumu should just keep quite and let sleeping dog rest
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by BlessedNuel: 5:09pm On May 28, 2021
Seen and noted
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by xrkanny: 5:27pm On May 28, 2021
The only reason I know is to oust Major General Ben Ahanotu from the East and thereby paving way to retire him and other aspiring mates from the South.

I blame Southern elites in all these.

Just unfortunate
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Guyman02: 5:29pm On May 28, 2021
tnewsr:

He wasn't an operation commander then
Give us another reason, even if General Ahanotu captures Shekau you will say he is not a battalion commander because na Igbo man

1 Like

Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 28, 2021
salbis:
Life be like a barber's seat, once they finish cutting your hair, you go comot for the seat and another customer go sit for the same seat.
May God spare our lives to see 2023.
Amen. like mannequin-grills always posts this storm shall surely blow over
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Enyimbamercedes: 5:51pm On May 28, 2021
No one cares! If una like, put cow as coas, it doesn’t matter!

We know the president isn’t even aware he is president
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by chinebu(m): 5:57pm On May 28, 2021
Nemere2020:
Why Buhari appointed Faruk Yahaya as new Chief of Army Staff, by Salihi Magashi

https://dailynigerian.com/why-buhari-appointed-faruk/#
You guys have never believed in the capacity of anyone that is not from the north. But it shall come to pass
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by sim2003: 6:02pm On May 28, 2021
'My heartless condolences' minister���. Bunch of dullards
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Masterchef(m): 6:02pm On May 28, 2021
prinsam30:
even if the guy dey use ODESHI dey fight boko Haram, the day he bombards those miscreants that's the day he will toll the path of his predecessor, bcoz buhari will never agree to killing his kinsmen

You mean the fulani cabal deleted the former COAS because he was about to 'change it' for BH? Interesting!
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by onuman: 6:03pm On May 28, 2021
Fiscus105:
infact it's national interest to put all northerners in charge of all national security agencies

also because northerners are extremely brilliant and exposed than South, Buhari also put them all in charge of economy.

and I think this is why economy is continuing growing astronomically and security is guaranteed, because nothern emirate is in charge.

The Buhari cabal’s demonstrable nepotism is the reason.

Any other explanation is like talking to the birds of the air .
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by 9jaRealist: 6:04pm On May 28, 2021
Nemere2020:
Why Buhari appointed Faruk Yahaya as new Chief of Army Staff, by Salihi Magashi

https://dailynigerian.com/why-buhari-appointed-faruk/#

On a different, but related, note...
Watching Magashi struggle through speeches written for him, I wonder how Nigeria got here. SMH
embarassed
>
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by frog12: 6:10pm On May 28, 2021
even MAGASHI sounds like MARGERINE
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by darocha1: 6:17pm On May 28, 2021
tnewsr:
From the look of things, all theatre Commanders of Operation in Borno State against insurgency are potential appointees of this government. Even the CDC, the late COAS, even Gen. Buratai all have ties to the fight against insurgency. Please before you begin that your construction/building project, see my signature for free quote

That should tell you that there's something they are trying to ensure stays covered
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Captainjack100: 6:31pm On May 28, 2021
Bunch of fools. I regret the day I support this buhari for the first tenure. The guy give us better format.
One thing I always believe now is that if you feel its much to be true. Omo jakpa.
Buhari and his bunch of assholes gave us more than enough. useless people con still vote for them for second term.
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by danngnews: 6:36pm On May 28, 2021
He is talking to Zombies and they will agree with him.
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by tnewsr: 6:58pm On May 28, 2021
Guyman02:

Give us another reason, even if General Ahanotu captures Shekau you will say he is not a battalion commander because na Igbo man
Not so oh brother grin grin grin what I cited is just one variable out of many others they use in the selection process Sir
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Trust50: 7:07pm On May 28, 2021
I think he's the only one that's over qualified for the plumb job. Fooooolish bigots
Re: Bashir Salihi-Magashi On Yahaya: Buhari Chose National Interests Over Ethnicity by Donedeal1(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2021
Damage control mechanisms.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldier Kills Customs Officer In Lagos / Weapons Army Recovered From Boko Haram Sect In Borno. Photos / Usman Yusuf And Police Stormed NHIS Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.