Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. (13427 Views)

Seven Important Reasons You Need The Holy Spirit. / Seven Important Ways To Seek The Kingdom Of Heaven / COVID-19 And The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by GILHpm: 4:34pm On May 28, 2021
If we have being risen with Christ, the next step is to prepare for the coming of Christ, by seeking above Where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Here are seven ways to prepare for the coming of Christ.

1) We need to receive Jesus Christ into our life (hope), and receive the Holy Ghost (Righteousness).

2) We need to be baptized with water. It signifies repentance and cleansing of the old ways.

3) We need to walk humbly, love mercy and forgiveness.

4) We need to pray for the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5) We need to seek the kingdom of God and it righteousness.

6) We need to praise, glorify and give thanks to God and do all things to the glory of God.

7) We need to be watcful and sober, praying in tongues of heaven and meditating on the Words of God.

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by GILHpm: 4:34pm On May 28, 2021
Bible verses:

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Matthew 13:24-33 (KJV)

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:

Matthew 13:44-45 (KJV)

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 13:47-50 (KJV)

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 16:19 (KJV)

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:3 (KJV)

Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Matthew 18:23-35 (KJV)

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14 (KJV)

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew 19:23-24 (KJV)

For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.

And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matthew 20:1-16 (KJV)

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 25:1-30 (KJV)

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Mark 10:14 (KJV)

And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 10:23-25 (KJV)

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luke 8:10 (KJV)

Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?

It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luke 13:18-19 (KJV)

Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

Luke 14:16-24 (KJV)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by GILHpm: 9:16am On May 30, 2021
Stud the Holy Bible to show yourself approved. If you gain knowledge and understanding of the Words in the Scripture, you are on the right path.
The Word is a light to us and to every darkness.

God loves you!
Prepare for the Second coming of Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 6:63 (KJV)

John 15:7-8 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Jun 05, 2021
GILHpm:
If we have being risen with Christ, the next step is to prepare for the coming of Christ, by seeking above Where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
1) We need to receive Jesus Christ into our life (hope), and receive the Holy Ghost (Righteousness).
2) We need to be baptized with water. It signifies repentance and cleansing of the old ways.
6) We need to praise, glorify and give thanks to God and do all things to the glory of God.
7) We need to be watcful and sober, praying in tongues of heaven and meditating on the Words of God.
1. If you have been risen with Christ? What does it mean to be risen with Jesus Christ to begin with? undecided

2. You recieve Jesus Christ into your life, and then the Holy Spirit , as a next step after you have been risen with Jesus Christ? undecided

3. You get water baptized after you have already received the Holy Spirit, righteousness? Are you even sure you know what you are talking of here? undecided

4. You need to walk humbly ,love mercy forgiveness? Where exactly did Jesus Christ teach you that that is what you should do? undecided

5. Seek the Kingdom of God and God's righteousness? Isn't this what Jesus Christ said ought to come first for anyone who will follow Him? undecided

6. Where is this commandments given you by Jesus Christ that He needs you to praise, glorify and give thanks to God? undecided

Please, before it is too late for you, change your life and heart(repent through obedience of Jesus Christ's actual commandments), be saved(believe and eat communion) and be baptized as you can be born-again and actually enter into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow gate that leads to Heaven as opposed to the Broad gate where all those who teach lies in the name of God flood into through. undecided
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by GILHpm: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2021
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by hakeem4(m): 8:13am On Jun 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. If you have been risen with Christ? What does it mean to be risen with Jesus Christ to begin with? undecided

2. You recieve Jesus Christ into your life, and then the Holy Spirit , as a next step after you have been risen with Jesus Christ? undecided

3. You get water baptized after you have already received the Holy Spirit, righteousness? Are you even sure you know what you are talking of here? undecided

4. You need to walk humbly ,love mercy forgiveness? Where exactly did Jesus Christ teach you that that is what you should do? undecided

5. Seek the Kingdom of God and God's righteousness? Isn't this what Jesus Christ said ought to come first for anyone who will follow Him? undecided

6. Where is this commandments given you by Jesus Christ that He needs you to praise, glorify and give thanks to God? undecided

Please, before it is too late for you, change your life and heart(repent through obedience of Jesus Christ's actual commandments), be saved(believe and eat communion) and be baptized as you can be born-again and actually enter into the Kingdom of God through the Narrow gate that leads to Heaven as opposed to the Broad gate where all those who teach lies in the name of God flood into through. undecided

its been over 2000 years and we are still waiting for the second coming of [i]our darling lord and saviour[/I] what is going on?

4 Likes

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Kobojunkie: 8:36am On Jun 06, 2021
hakeem4:

its been over 2000 years and we are still waiting for the second coming of [i]our darling lord and saviour[/I] what is going on?
Those who went before you ain't complaining now, are they? undecided
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by nairalee(m): 9:29am On Jun 06, 2021
Even minus second coming u fit die anytime. The day u die, your own second coming don come be that

4 Likes

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by UncleKoboko: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2021
When will PEOPLE stop this nonsense!?

People have been saying this since 2AD, two years after their Jesus was killed for the crimes of blasphemy and sedition.

Even TB Joshua said it all his life, where is he now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by UncleKoboko: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2021
PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS IS. FOR GENERATIONS, THE CONFUSION HAS CONTINUED.

LET ME TELL THE WHOLE WORLD TODAY AS A RELIGIOUS PERSON:

The day you die is your rapture day.

The day you die is the second coming of Jesus!
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Okortor: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2021
Let's live right and avoid evil. Do good as much as u can and try not to be boastful.
Job said " man born of a woman is of few days and full of challenges"
Rip TB JOSHUA.
It amazes me when I see people in top position acting like they will live forever thereby oppressing the less privileges.
I have learnt to live everyday like it's my last day here on earth Because no one can tell.
Happy Sunday ya all. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by LordGuru1: 9:31am On Jun 06, 2021
And to read the Book of Revelation.

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Okoyouth: 9:32am On Jun 06, 2021
Good
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Hisincrease: 9:32am On Jun 06, 2021
If you have not received Jesus Christ as your LORD or you are still living in sin, just say these words aloud:

Dear Jesus Christ, I believe you are the Son of God. I believe you died for my sins, you were raised on the third day for my Justification. I receive you today as my LORD and personal Saviour, thank you for saving me. Amen.

Let me pray for you: I decree that the power of sin is broken over your life, and that you begin to walk in the newness of life. I declare favour on your head, increase to your hands and speed to your feet. Be empowered for God in Jesus name, Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Monogamy: 9:33am On Jun 06, 2021

What exactly is Christ coming back to do on earth? What did he forget that wants to make him come back?

Can't he go to other planets like Jupiter , Venus , Mars and preach the words of God to them..

I really don't know how educated people would continue to be delusionally deceiving themselves all in the name of religion.

6 Likes

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2021
Na wa ooo
Una no dey tire for this second coming
I don dey hear am since childhood

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2021
The year is 2021 ... and some fools still believe a long-dead Jew is coming back to life after dying 2000 years ago.

That's it! I'm deactivating my Nairaland account. I can't stand fraternizing with nitwits.

Bye, all.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by JoeOdion(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2021
GILHpm:

7) We need to be watchful and sober, praying in tongues of heaven and meditating on the Words of God.

But we never have to worry if Musa or John don't make heaven. Evangelism is the common purpose of any Christian's existence and a constant awareness of his return soon. The fact that the next man could end in a fiery place of torment for all eternity is not something any Christian can bear to see.
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Hier(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2021
I really want to say this, alot of people who have been going to church for 20-50 years might not really know why they are in church.

Paul by the Spirit said, to the intent that by the church shall the manifold power of God be made known(Eph 3:10)

My point is, many people go to church, but they do not know God. God seeks relationship and intimacy with us and we can only have that intimacy when we deepen our knowledge on the personality of the Holy Spirit.

There are many resource out there. Kenneth Hagin is a trusted source. If you seek to deepening your work with God. I recommend that we get as many books written by Kenneth Hagin

Examples of them are

Man on three dimension (very very important)
The Bible evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
Redeemed from Sicknesses and poverty
How to be led by the Holy Spirit
The believers authority
Casting your cares on God
Exceeding Growing faith
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Cryptodegen: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2021
GILHpm:

Lols, rapture happened 3 months ago and you didn't even notice
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by OmoJubrila: 9:36am On Jun 06, 2021
Come back to come and do what Jare?
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by IPIGSRMUMUS: 9:36am On Jun 06, 2021
hakeem4:

Lmao, all na scam. The man died and he ain't coming back.

It's just part of the many religious scams they have used to keep people in check for generations.

Must be a mumu to you actually believe that someone who died is suddenly going to reappear.
Like you said, it's been thousands of years and he hasn't showed up yet.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Kokaine(m): 9:39am On Jun 06, 2021
Do not associate partners with God in worship else you will go to Hellfire.
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by sunshineV(f): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2021
Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by UTAN28(m): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2021
Daaaaaaaaa
Nothing DE this life

If u have 3 cars,gift out 1 to someone who doesn't have

No need to save much in ya acct
Gift out the money when it is necessary,reach out to the poor in their affliction because this is the true and undefiled religion before our God the father(james 1:27)

Everything is vanity
Show love to people,becus there is surely life after this one on earth

#onelove#

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Kokaine(m): 9:44am On Jun 06, 2021
UncleKoboko:
When will PEOPLE stop this nonsense!?

People have been saying this since 2AD, two years after their Jesus was killed for the crimes of blasphemy and sedition.

Even TB Joshua said it all his life, where is he now?
Don't worry about the return of Jesus( May Allah be pleased with him) worry about your own death. Because when you die, it no longer matter to you when he came. He will return. He will return at the time God decides. But before then, worry about your death and your grave from which you cannot make any new decision afterwards. That's what's important to you.

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Ways To Prepare For The Second Coming Of Christ. by Myer(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2021
GILHpm:

Interestingly I couldn't help but notice how you omitted the baptism of the Holyspirt which Christ and the apostles considered perhaps the most important aspect of being reborn. John 3:5-8, John 14:26, Acts1:8 Acts 10:44-47,1 Cor 12:1-13

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bible Stands / Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.