Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) (86307 Views)

"My Son Is A Member Of Pyrates Confraternity"- Wole Soyinka. / JP Clark, Achebe & Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by LikeAking: 12:37pm On May 29, 2021
ogelekpomgam:

No be by shouting.till you find yourself in hell.you think your little brain knows everything. angry

Nothing like hell, wise up na.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by RALPHOW(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2021
Will church still accept and bury the corpse?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 12:42pm On May 29, 2021
naptu2:

What that guy wrote is absolute nonsense. Ask him to tell you when Wole Soyinka graduated and when Buccaneers was created and you'll see that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
The fellow is just looking for who to blame for his life's problems.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by pimper24: 12:44pm On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
The topic says Pyrate 'confraternity',I wonder why this people above me are shouting 'cultism',is it that some people cannot comprehend or is it ignorance of the highest order.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines confraternity as a society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause.
I certainly know from information available to all, that the pyrate confraternity is a charity organization,made up of like minds with the goal of creating an egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak and men are weighed by the strength of their character and not by the colour of their skins,religion or ethnicity. Little wonder why they are highly revered in and outside Nigeria for notable achievements in humanitarian activities and social reengineering.
I guess if this isn't a noble society of men,they likes of Prof Wole Soyinka and hundreds of notable men who associates with this group,could have dissociated for preservation of their reputation and image.

It is confusing. But I think the campus frat is different from these set ups.
Though these ones have equally been abused. In 2010 I left the Pyrates induction ground at Egbeda after buying the form and paying the application frees. The real SeaDogs take new members I think once in 5 or 10 yeeas I can't rememer now.
I had your same impression back then. I met pastors and other noble men that came to enrol. During roll call, you would say your profession and state you reason to want to join. But then, the Bible says by their fruits...
They would use all manner of unruly words including calling us the new inductees animals and threatening to manhandle everyone. There were even armed police guards that were just looking on. I decided to sneak out and bolt.
Forget Wole Soyinka, he might not know what happens in the hood. Young men should just desist.
A way seemeth right unto man but the end thereof is destruction.
A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by ogelekpomgam(m): 12:46pm On May 29, 2021
LikeAking:

Nothing like hell, wise up na.

Lols.okay oo
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by rhames(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2021
obailala:
The bolded part of your comment, where did you dig up that assumption from?

Tell me when he did that ?

How about the rest of my statement?

From your analogy you are staunch member of this deadly organisation.

Please repent.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by tamonokare: 12:51pm On May 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
If you are Privileged to get to a certain age and you still don't see the need to Surrender to JESUS Christ and do away with evil, there will be special koboko for you in Hell.

Irredeemably brainwashed african.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by NewDawn2O21: 12:52pm On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:
The topic says Pyrate 'confraternity',I wonder why this people above me are shouting 'cultism',is it that some people cannot comprehend or is it ignorance of the highest order.
Merriam Webster dictionary defines confraternity as a society devoted to a religious or a charitable cause.
I certainly know from information available to all, that the pyrate confraternity is a charity organization,made up of like minds with the goal of creating an egalitarian society where the strong protects the weak and men are weighed by the strength of their character and not by the colour of their skins,religion or ethnicity. Little wonder why they are highly revered in and outside Nigeria for notable achievements in humanitarian activities and social reengineering.
I guess if this isn't a noble society of men,they likes of Prof Wole Soyinka and hundreds of notable men who associates with this group,could have dissociated for preservation of their reputation and image.
will you shut the hell up.
you must be a pirate cultist and trying so hard to save their already battered Image
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by NewDawn2O21: 12:54pm On May 29, 2021
Upjis:
Hell awaits you
Souls are doomed just because of you
honestly he can't escape it
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Wawelexy(m): 12:55pm On May 29, 2021
[quote author=obailala post=102165183]Wow! Just imagine who's talking about being logical....

You confidently accuse a person of being a criminal but you cant mention a single crime he committed, you cant mention who he killed or maimed or injured or harrassed?

Okay even if you dont have specifics, I've asked you to just provide a single news or tabloid or blog link of any kind, be it real or even fake, where Pyrates were accused of committing any of the above crimes, but you ca
With a single google search, I can provide 100s of links of crimes committed by all other Uni confraternities in Nigeria, but the fact that neither you nor I can find a single story for Pyrates tells a clear story. But out of the abundance of your imagination, you just have a hunch that they're involved because you're desperate to blame someone for your discomfort.... And you think this behaviour makes you 'logical?

only just one question for u, who is a pyrate? If u have no answer to that, pls do not bother to quote me.

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by KanuSE: 12:56pm On May 29, 2021
Upjis:
Hell awaits you

Souls are doomed just because of you

The gate-keeper of heaven has spoken. grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by blasterman(m): 12:56pm On May 29, 2021
pimper24:

It is confusing. But I think the campus frat is different from these set ups.
Though these ones have equally been abused. In 2010 I left the Pyrates induction ground at Egbeda after buying the form and paying the application frees. The real SeaDogs take new members I think once in 5 or 10 yeeas I can't rememer now.
I had your same impression back then. I met pastors and other noble men that came to enrol. During roll call, you would say your profession and state you reason to want to join. But then, the Bible says by their fruits...
They would use all manner of unruly words including calling us the new inductees animals and threatening to manhandle everyone. There were even armed police guards that were just looking on. I decided to sneak out and bolt.
Forget Wole Soyinka, he might not know what happens in the hood. Young men should just desist.
A way seemeth right unto man but the end thereof is destruction.
A word is enough for the wise.

eiye , viking etc are not campus fraternities.

they are campus mafia groups in their modus operadi

Revenge Killing Exortion etc u will never see them do any positive thing. the real fraternities you have in nigeria universites are called clubs.

depending on ur school their r thousands
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by rajiedreez: 12:58pm On May 29, 2021
But I thought cultism is illegal, yet these one are parading themselves openly
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by GistFullGround: 12:59pm On May 29, 2021

Pyrates are intellectually sound in their brains; unlike the others, who are brainless blood-sucking children of darkness.

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2021
rhames:

Tell me when he did that ?

How about the rest of my statement?

From your analogy you are staunch member of this deadly organisation.

Please repent.
Deadly ignorance more like... Stop judging what you dont know.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by KanuSE: 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
Loverboy3333:

Ignorant people, but he is the bedrock of cultism in Nigeria and has and still destroying lives and property.

If this man is a sane man he should have find a way to renounce and disband this so called pirates confraternity.

He should be questioned, tried and if fould guilty he should be made to face the law.

Soyinka will go down in the history of Nigeria as the cause of youth practicing cultism.

Spit on him

Blame Soyinka for your weak erection as well. grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by obailala(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
Wawelexy:

Why dont you tell me since you're the one judging...
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Glamouzpeter(f): 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:

Stop deceiving your self

1 Like

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by OsusTroller: 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
[s]If you are Privileged to get to a certain age and you still don't see the need to Surrender to JESUS Christ and do away with evil, there will be special koboko for you in Hell.[/s]
I think you need to surrender your rot-hin brain first.
Or deh
E go better for all these white slaver pigs wey do Una this thing.

F
O
O
L
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Awoo88: 1:05pm On May 29, 2021
1MCN:
Shouldn't Soyinka overgrow this cultism at this age and stage?
You don't outgrow fraternity. That some misguided people decided to form their own confraternity which turned out to assemblies of outlaws should not means the one with genuine goals are in the Sam class. Pyrate is a confraternity with a different.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by ajl: 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Soyinka founder of cultist that have wasted thousand lives of our youths!!

This man needs to be arrested

Go ask your father if he was privileged to attend a university to found out what the Pirate confraternity objectives and mode of operation was during the days of Wole Soyinka at the University of Ibadan. It was founded to fight university officials high handedness and injustice. Of course, the generation that followed like yours and those before you messed everything up just as we are seeing across Nigeria.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Awoo88: 1:08pm On May 29, 2021
rajiedreez:
But I thought cultism is illegal, yet these one are parading themselves openly
That is because pyrate is legally registered and it is not a secret cult.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by calcal: 1:14pm On May 29, 2021
That's a big problem in our society "ENGLISH"

AustineE1:
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by ThePlugg(m): 1:21pm On May 29, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Soyinka founder of cultist that have wasted thousand lives of our youths!!

This man needs to be arrested
Ehn force them

Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by echesilver: 1:31pm On May 29, 2021
Ogbeni nothing is happening sad
Righteousness2:
If you are Privileged to get to a certain age and you still don't see the need to Surrender to JESUS Christ and do away with Nonsense and evil, there will be special koboko for you in Hell.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by OneNigeria1: 1:34pm On May 29, 2021
AustineE1:

may day!! may day! ...code blue, cult member identified... grin
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by calaharry: 1:36pm On May 29, 2021
How much solution did soyinka contribute to naija's problems since 1960 ? 0.1%? 5%?
very sad!sadGovts are fighting violent crimes and cultism, but he is promotin it. To what purpose?
Now i see what shapes soyinka's thoughts and writings, I really need to be very cautious while reading his bks.
God is very angry with himangry.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by DAMN99: 1:42pm On May 29, 2021
Wole soyinka is a king. Sail along king
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Ayula911: 1:43pm On May 29, 2021
God go punish shoyinka papa.
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Fanuchi007: 1:44pm On May 29, 2021
All u guys talking trash should go back and read history of pyrates confraternity. You are saying wole soyinka should be arrested!!! U must be a fool of the highest order.
They fought against policies of universities against poor students. The laid the foundation for students struggle against hike in school fees, unhealthy accommodation e.t.c.
What have you accomplished in your youth apart from speaking in tongues and quoting bible verse?
The fact that people have created violent cult groups does not mean he was a bad man. Everything good in this life has been modified by evil men. Even islam and Christianity are used by evil men to wreck havoc in the society. So what exactly is your point?
Re: Pyrates Confraternity: Soyinka At Nathaniel Oyelola's Burial (Video) by Wawelexy(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2021
obailala:
Why dont you tell me since you're the one judging...
..................Ok, let's end it here. Enjoy the rest of ur day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Jennifer: Grass To Grace / CI / A Thorn In The Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.