|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,798,261 members, 6,686,241 topics. Date: Friday, 21 January 2022 at 10:31 PM
Ayade Orders House-To-House Search Of Looted Items In Cross River State / Ben Ayade Watches As Lady Sews Face Mask In Garment Factory In Calabar / If APC Brings Tinubu Out For 2023 Presidency, I Will Contest Against Him - Bode (2) (3) (4)
|Ayade's Strategic Move To APC Brings Immediate Benefits To Cross River Tourism by Ayade001: 11:41pm On May 28, 2021|
Calabar, Friday, May 28, 2021.
Barely a week after the ingenious move of His Excellency Sir Ben Ayade to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), the results are already being felt and experienced in the State's tourism sector with hospitality and tourism stakeholders set to enjoy better Federal Government led partnerships, which had hitherto, evaded the State.
This was made known at the end of a meeting between Nigeria’s tourism boss, Mr Folorunso Coker, Director General, Nigeria Tourism Development Coporation and Mr Utsu John Atsu, Managing Director, Cross River State Tourism Bureau.
Mr Coker used the opportunity to express his delight at His Excellency’s defection from the PDP and warmly welcomed the Governor to the APC. He added that having a colossus like Sir Ben Ayade in the APC will certainly augur well for the ruling party, for Cross Riverians and for the entire country owing to the unrivalled intellectual prowess Sir Ben Ayade brings to the table.
The meeting also deliberated on areas of collaboration to promote Community Based Tourism (CBT) and digital marketing strategies for Cross River State while also revitalizing the tourism pedigree that Cross River State is known for.
The MD, CRS Tourism Bureau and his team were in Abuja for discussions and imminent agreements with the NTDC on plugging destination Cross River into the Federal Government’s Tourism project ‘TourNigeria' which is being championed by NTDC.
The meeting between the two tourism bodies held on Wednesday, 26th May 2021 at the Abuja Head Office of NTDC and the following resolutions were agreed for immediate action:
• Calabar has been chosen as the venue for the forth coming South-South Zonal Tourism Stakeholders Forum scheduled for July, 2021.
• The Tour Nigeria Brand is officially scheduled for activation in Calabar within the same week. Recall that Tour Nigeria is the official brand of NTDC used for promoting domestic tourism development in Nigeria.
• The official activation of Nigerian Flavors: Cross River Edition was agreed, as part of the Tour Nigeria unveiling in Calabar. This event is designed as the biggest food festival to be held in Calabar and will showcase the diverse culture and cuisine of Cross River State and beyond.
• The NTDC via the TourNigeria project is supporting the building of a state-of-the-art food court at the Marina resort which will be launched in July 2021.
• A strategic Digital Marketing training by NTDC in partnership with Facebook and Google is to be held for relevant tourism and hospitality stakeholders across the State. This training is aimed at equipping tourism and hospitality practitioners with trending digital skills in the hospitality and travel trade sectors of the local economy.
• The organization and hosting of Calabar Marathon, an entertainment event meant to boost sports tourism traffic into the State, was also scheduled for July 2021.
Speaking after the agreements were reached, Mr. Coker said "Cross River is going to provide a mega experience in the tourism space with this alliance and the NTDC is delighted to be partnering with Nigeria's topmost destination which houses some of Africa's amazing attractions in Obudu Mountain Resort, Marina Resort, Kwa Falls and Afi Wildlife Resort & Sanctuary”.
He further said that "with the design of the Marina Resort Food Court completed and the BOQ accepted, work is expected to commence immediately on the project”.
The NTDC boss concluded by pledging his full support to the development strategies of President Buhari and Governor Ayade; and declared that Ayade’s expectations will be exceeded as Cross Riverians will shortly begin to see results of Ayade's strategic alliance with the Federal Government.
In his response, the MD CRS Tourism Bureau Mr Utsu John Atsu stated that owing to Governor Ayade's consistent pursuit of agro-based industrial tourism, he has provided a rich structure for enabling the food and beverage industry in Cross River State while aligning with President Buhari’s strong advocacy & support for community-based tourism via local agricultural enterprise.
Utsu thanked the DG. NTDC and his team for the partnership opportunities that were provided and shared with the bureau, through the course of deliberations & final agreements.
The Cross River State Tourism industry is undoubtedly the first receiver of the wave of federal government benefits that will surely follow, under Governor Ayade's new political disposition.
|Re: Ayade's Strategic Move To APC Brings Immediate Benefits To Cross River Tourism by andyblinks05: 11:58pm On May 28, 2021|
Hmm politics politics politics
|Re: Ayade's Strategic Move To APC Brings Immediate Benefits To Cross River Tourism by Sonoyom(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2021|
With the terrible state of roads in the city of Calabar, Ayade has always been a n audio governor, with an audio seaport and super highway that exist only on billboards.
Sure a failure! CRS has never had it so bad.
|Re: Ayade's Strategic Move To APC Brings Immediate Benefits To Cross River Tourism by Upton: 12:01am On May 29, 2021|
|Re: Ayade's Strategic Move To APC Brings Immediate Benefits To Cross River Tourism by realstars: 12:16am On May 29, 2021|
This Is Nigeria, By The Time Fulani Are Through With You, It Wil Be Sorry For Deady Body And Thet Ownerl
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59