Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now - Satellite TV Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (134815 Views)

Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 12:25am On Aug 04, 2011
@ Amebeperoo hi bro i sent you a message. sorry, i replied your mail. i thought i did not hear from you again because you decided to ignore it. not knowing you didnt receive it.By the way, the email id id different from the one posted here but i have sent the same message to both id's. Hope to hear from you.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Olawale86(m): 6:19am On Aug 04, 2011
@mr.Geometry,well-done 4 all wat u're doing here, we all appreciate it, God will bless u wit more knowledge nd ability keepon wit ur gr8 work?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Ameboperoo(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2011
Sorry I couldn't attach the file as promised. You can download the file here http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/Web_FibreglassGuide.pdf

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2011
good morning ma pals and happy sunde to u all.
@geometry i really missed u.
thks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
@geometry
lunch any tutorial naaaaaaaaaaaaa
thks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
@ALL,

GEOMETRY IS COMING HOME, !!!
HOME SWEET HOME,
DEALS, ! DEALS!!, DEALS!!!

ANYBODY SEEKING MAXIMUM SIGNAL ON 3M DISH, IMPROVED METHODOLOGY IN FABRICATION TO MAXIMISE RECEPTIONS,

THE OFFER LAST TILL I RETURN ABROAD,
THANK YOU ALL.

, SHOOT THE BIRDS,
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 11:57am On Oct 02, 2011
geometry:

@ALL,

HOME SWEET HOME,
DEALS, ! DEALS!!, DEALS!!!

ANYBODY SEEKING MAXIMUM SIGNAL ON 3M DISH, IMPROVED METHODOLOGY IN FABRICATION TO MAXIMISE RECEPTIONS,

THE OFFER LAST TILL I RETURN ABROAD,
THANK YOU ALL.

, SHOOT THE BIRDS,

@GEOMETRY
AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU,
AND HAVE MISSED YOU ALOT HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON,
GOD WILL BE WITH YOU(AMIN)
NEWTON CARES,
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by sathob(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2011
geometry:

@ALL,

HOME SWEET HOME,

Good news. good to hear from you again man! Big ups to you.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2011
@ geometry welcome back
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by dodos(f): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2011
@ geometry

Good to hear you are returning to resurrect this thread. We cant really wait.

Best Wishes
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by bimexb: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2011
I have this problem about downloading new working software for microbox into my dongle,pls. I want to know what should be the cose of my inabilities to do that am using a RS232 cable for the networking,but someone told me that the both end of the cable should be blue mean INN. can you give me your advise.

Thanks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by dodos(f): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ bimex_b

Dear bro first of all i dont think any member of this forum has a solution to your problem.

This is because your post is first of all in the wrong thread and secondly all the distinguished members of this forum are only interested and have solutions for FTA ONLY.

Hope you understand

Best Wishes

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ dodos well said. here our headache is how to track fringe birds.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by bimexb: 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
Thanks very much brodas,

I can see how sincere you are and willing to help.

My next problem is that someone gave me a C band dish how can i fix it and track the normal satellite pls help step by step,I can fix ku so it wont be much problem if am given the right direction.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by gadotor(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2011
That is good,but we all help one another.thank you
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
gadotor:

That is good,but we all help one another.thank you

yeah good talk,
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Robertsche: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2012
Hello to all, i´m new in this forum. Congratulations for this great thread!!!!
I´m interest in fabricate my own dish, but i have one question, are i´m in right that the dish must be covered with metal? and how i did it? It is enough if i painted it with a metalic painting?

Thank you to all

Robertsche
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:26am On Feb 22, 2012
I am tendering an unreserved apology to every member of the "house" to have absconded for a little while, my job is demanding and i had to input more hours these days, cos the project is running to an end,, I hope my excuse is tenable to all,,
Thanks.
geometry.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:56am On Feb 22, 2012
@Robertsche,
You have a great mind to have come up with such question,, and I must confess, this is the most challenging question that I have to answer throughout my carrier as a parabolic expert !,, technically, you reason the way I did during one experiment I carried out in a bid to improve reflecting surface of satellite antenna, but , there was a challenge,, I did not come across an authentic metallic paint, ! ALUMINUM METALLIC PAINT ,!!!, SHOULD ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
I tried to know what ALUMINUM PAINT was made up of,, the structural make up of original ALUMINUM paint says it all that it is the answer to this question,
at microscopic level,, it consists of several particles of aluminum metal swimming in the medium of volatile liquid and resin binder.
the yolatile liquid evaporates off and leaves the binder 'resin' glueing the metal particles together after application on a given surface, the particle are in leaf form and they over lapse each other forming a kindda of protection on the surface they are being applied, I suggest several coatings to eliminate minor voids that could amount to porosity as far as electromagnetic waves are concerned. Now, lets get back to MACRO explanation of the process,, the leaves of aluminum particle are invincible to the ordinary eyes,, so, when viewed collectively, they appear smooth and beautiful,, shinning , so to say. this should be good enough for your electromagnetic wave reflection, and BANG ! you are there ,
HINT; when I did this, I did not receive signal, because, I bought an aluminum paint that has more of binder than the metalic aluniminum particles 'leaves' but the client was on my neck, so I had to rush up, and replace with the aluminum foil,

conclussion;
a good aluminum paint [original,, good quality] would serve this purpose,, I am sure 100%
Thank you .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:57am On Feb 22, 2012
In addition, make sure your surface is smooth and free of dirt 'dust' before application,, yeah
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by obnelly: 9:00am On Feb 22, 2012
Geometry good to see you are active again.are u back in town?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2012
@Obnelly,
Thank you,, sorry, i'm still far away, lol !
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Ray1251(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
Pls how much is 2.4m net dish +motor and can it track very far satilite?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:32am On Feb 23, 2012
There is limitation to how far your mesh dish can reach, no matter how big,, as per the price,, I wont really know how much it costs now, if you actually in for free -to-air,, I suggest dish that motorizes,
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:33am On Feb 23, 2012
and fiber-glass [dish] at that.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Ray1251(m): 6:45am On Feb 23, 2012
Pls i now have a 1.8m dish white with no stand for lnb i dont know how to fit the 3 stand on the dish,for it to hold the lnb;a c band dish,can i use a cband disk to receive ku band and also which paint will be good on the dish.thks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2012
@Ray1251,
1]. what material is your dish made up of,, and 2]. what is the condition of the surface right now 3]. have you gone through the entire thread to see various contributions people have added to aid your fixing this kind of challenge, ? its all up in the thread !!!, welcome to the house ,,
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by dodos(f): 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
@ geometry

Good to know you are back to this thread. I believe you are back with more info to energize the thread again.

Welcome Back
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Ray1251(m): 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
I think it is a fiber dish
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2012
welcome back geometry
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ironman,
thanx
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
@IRON
welcome back geometry

THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.